MTG Pet Cards

ITT: Cards you like to play even f they may not be the best or the most competitive.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-03-16-temur-ramp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love this Card. It is pretty good in EDH.

Like to Play this in edh and was One of my First cards. Dies fast to removal, nur really changes the boardstate.

*But

I really like this card because it's ability to lock something down, and goes well in the stacks deck.

I have always loved this card even if it sucks.

The best part is its flavour text

My favorite card for EDH in blue. Amazingly versatile, decently strong, leads to fun things.

That's reminder text not flavor text. But yeah, I love that card

That card was hateful in standard

that's the joke

it's both

I always play green. It's in nearly all of my decks.

I love Skittles. Same with Elesh Norn, probably two of the coolest legendary creatures.

Gargadon is a meme in my playgroup. Love this card so much.

He's the bread and butter of my Casual Big Red deck.

One of my favourite cards

One of my favorites.

my nigga

urza block has some of the best art

Reprint when?

>Reprint when?
Too strong for Standard, goy- I mean, valued WotC customer :^)

2014 commander deck with Daretti has a reprint in it.

Did you play standard when gargagoyf wad a real deck? RG aggro with gargadon plus mogg war marshall, Keldon marauders and other aggro cards. Pretty fun ditching echo cards to gargadon, or clearing blockers away for a big 9/7.

Is there anything that is not too strong for standard? I mean I can't really blame wotc anymore since apparently people even bitched about thoughtseize.

... and that's not standard legal?

Undercosted, hyper-effiecient creatures extra etb value are apparently what wotc wants for standard

so tarmogoyf reprint soon ?

I mention poor Ihsan whenever I have a chance. Can't find a way to make him work well, but I still have hope.

He never said that he wanted a standard-legal reprint.

That's what I meant though.

Nobody expects this. It's cheaper than Cyclonic Rift when you're only worried with creatures and it frustrates your opponent since he must choose between fuck up his next draw(s) or tuck the creature(s). It's not perfect, but I like it a fucking lot.

So, snapcaster should be standard legal again?

Working with eldrazi spawn/scions is really excellent.

I use it in casual ula's temple as a moat effect. (with eight power)

This card used to be in competitive I'm pretty sure. Still quite good.

Fun with gravecrawler, as a creature that's easy to keep attacking with.

I didn't know this card existed. That's pretty cool.
Also those things in the art looked a lot like cooked chickens.

In anything besides mono green I'd prefer cultivate/kodama's reach.

His edict is a lot of fun.

I would accept a 3/2 that deals 3 damage to a creature an opponent controls or has the burn be a may ability.
They've started idiot proofing most effects so I don't think they'll ever bring back kavu into something that can touch standard. Kavu can just murder itself if it's the only creature.

That creature doesn't have ETB value. It can't replace a sorcery so it's no good. Don't want people playing those over creatures :^)

I just ... I love it. I love it so much.

This too - it's just so annoying, especially if you play one after the other.

This one as well.

I love something about this card.

Alara is simply one of the best sets.

My only problem with this card is when your opponents creatures are just there to combo and not attack

This whole cycle is just so cool.

Yes, it's only good against aggressive creatures, but my French EDH meta is pretty much divided between control, "good stuff" midrange and aggro, with only few and gimmicky/fragile combos, so I'm not that worried.

Even if it doesn't do much on its own, darksteel myr is still such a pal.

The only way is if they create a card that says "target Ihsan's shade gets +8/+8, trample, infect and protection from black"

>tfw angry kithkin bf wielding a giant sword with the power of his constipation

This is my jam. I don't give a shit if it 2-for-1's me I love it too much.

Nobody expects mana tithe, like literally the only possible way someone would expect it in EDH is if you've ever used one before.

>Isocron scepter+Pic

I know this card sucks huge balls but for the art alone it is my favorite.

Not so much the card itself but the Mechanic Fateful Hour had alot of potential I would love to see it make a comeback but instead it is changed to half your life or below. That and the art and flavor as a whole from original Innistrad Block was by far my favorite in the entire game.

This is my Mist Raven. I named him Kevin.

Say hello to Kevin the Mist Raven.

I also had a Goblin Arsonist named Jerry.

Great character too, up there with the Umezawa line.

At this point I'll take a 2R 2/1 that shoots for 2, but FTK is the fucking man.

I'm a huge fan of this one.
I just love the thematic idea of "I'm back, and I brought all the other me's you killed" so much.

They would reprint it in the rare slot.

Isochron+Chant

Isnt Fateful Hour inspired by this card?

Always loved Akroma's cards.

There are a ton of fun cards to put on Isochron.

These are two of my favorites.

Geth's verdict is a repeatable edict. The life loss isn't much, but it's gravy and gives the scepter at least some use if the opponent ends turn without playing any creatures.

Charms in general play nice with scepter, but funeral charm's repeated instant speed discard on their draw step sets up a lock very similar to silence. While it doesn't immediately lock them out like silence, it ultimately forces them into a topdeck mode that is very hard to escape from. They don't even get to play any more lands because they're forced to discard their topdeck mode land draws before they ever get to a main phase to play them.

Oh sorry, my bad. My mind reading device is broken so I misunderstood

I play this in Legacy LoamPox

But thats not what you said

>that's a nice life gain deck you got there

I have always wanted to make this card work. Almost doable at 5cmc, almost.

I actually manage to win once with this guy.

You know, now that I think about it, I do have a lot of pet cards from the return to ravnica block.

In order to bump this thread, here are cards from ravnica

Not counting the deck where I run him as the commander. Every red EDH deck I have has a copy of him in it. He's just so cool

whoa nigga no one said math was involved

But making everyone at the table (that is still alive) mad at you is totally worth it

My dad has a totally broken buried alive deck which drops a big fat monster with animation and dark rituals on turn 2 or 3. I play my casual deck against him because he only uses awesome shit like Ihsan, and not dumb win conditions.

This+paradise mantle=fun times and turn two kills in modern

world gorger and laquatus were my two picks whenever I casted that bad boy

I can never get this card to work for me.

I love this card man

I do to. Too bad everybody can deal with it.

Won a game by using jace's ultimate on a 6/6 that I returned to their library.

Bad bob is always fun

so fun to play but not viable anymore unless it's just casual.

when aluren and this bad boy is on the field is always a recipe for a good time

Strong as fuck on paper, not so much in practice.

Really? Does path to exile just dismiss it?

That dude absolutely puts in work in suicide black decks.

Oh man I ran such a sick casual deck with 4 of these bad boys + 4 Edge of the Divinity

>Pic related
Is my personal pet card. I ran it to great success during the Khans/BFZ standard and even went undefeated during the OGW Game Day. Felt good taking down decks worth 3x mine

In one game vs an Abzan player he was a 14/14. Absolutely brutal, and so hard to kill. Awful topdeck but he'd pump the other ones already out, or he'd be a 1 mana 4/4 angel from Sigil of the Empty Throne

yeah, path, terminate, and this member make it a giant waste of time and mana

Tbh I really feel like that card is undervalued / underappreciated.

Myth realized is pretty sweet.

Speaking of dragons of tarkir...

This has to be my favorite card.

I've always liked bant sojourners.

enchanted evening

But only this one. Not the cunnilingus POV.

If magic had waifus, this would be mine.

Jhessian Thief is a strictly better version of this.

I remember when Deathrite Shaman was modern legal and this + Domri Rade was a viable deck. It was hilarious.

Made a Temur Dragons deck that ran 3 of this guy and ramped up to Atarka. Did surprisingly well at FNM

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-03-16-temur-ramp/

>implying mtg doesn't have waifus

My must include