Would a wolf-person kingdom work well if the wolf-people treated the nation as a "superpack" with many component packs?

Would a wolf-person kingdom work well if the wolf-people treated the nation as a "superpack" with many component packs?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/50021242/#50021242
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barangay
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get your furry shit back to furaffinity, where it belongs.

OP did not write the word "game" or give any indication that this hypothetical scenario is happening in a game. This thread is off topic.

Veeky Forums must be purged of all off topic threads. It must be made as regular as a clock and as clear as a cut diamond, a board completely devoted to its intended purpose: traditional games. All other topics belong on other boards.
>no fun allowed
If you don't believe you could have fun this way, then you can't have fun discussing traditional games, and you are objectively not welcome here. The rule is written, and rules are not opposed to fun. For example, baseball has rules and some people play baseball for fun. If you break the rules of baseball, it might be fun for you, but it's wrong and you must be stopped.

Depends whether they are WOLF-people or wolf-PEOPLE.

Welp, the cancer sure has gotten rather efficient.
Wolf people have been a long standing part of both scifi and fantasy games and books. Your deep seated insecurity about anything animal people related is noted though. The other anons severe autism about not understanding the unwritten board rules, like that worldbuilding is a major component of the threads here and has been since its inception is too be expected on a newfag. They also don't need explicit specific words that specify its for a game as its implied in the question in OPs post.

Wolf packs are literally just family units. The upgrade from that socially is packs within packs, which then just adds a new layer of pack the more complex the social structure. Eventually you hit humans which have multiple packs they belong to at once which sit within super packs, which sit within even more super packs.

Now this is a gross simplification of a much more complex thing but it gets across the general idea. In addition that whole alpha wolf shit is deeply outdated science that even its creator has retracted as wrong due to further research on his part.

So basically they would just act like humans when it came to nation states and such. They would have their pack of friends, their family pack, their work pack, their city super pack, their nation mega pack, and wolf people themselves as some form of ultra pack. There is are good reason we domesticated dogs from wolves and one is that our social structures are very similar.

I've been posting on Veeky Forums almost every day for seven years.

A thread OP that says
>enchanted cock ring
is off topic and I will complain about it.

A thread OP that says
>enchanted cock ring IN A GAME
is on topic and I will tolerate it.

you are a special kind of retard

>I've been posting on Veeky Forums almost every day for seven years.
Jesus Christ, get a life.

>No life, been here for seven years
>Pedantic
>Anal retentive
>Demands that everyone follows his interpretation of the Rules to a T, no exceptions
>places crappy threads that follow the rules above good/well-liked threads that skirt the line.

"He does it for Free" exists because people like this got into Janitor Positions.

>Superpacks
Wolfazins united was a mistake.

Why not both?

Do that thing that tes did that moon cycles or whatever determines the final form of the child.

>I want more threads like desuarchive.org/tg/thread/50021242/#50021242

>thinking outdated wolf research is an actual thing

But it's more fun that way, it's boring to think of them as just family units of mostly immature offspring.

The thing is that the Alpha wolf research is literally just prison social rules. Human gangs in prison already engage in the same social hierarchy system but at a more complex level.

Yeah, when you put social animals in captivity, that's how they act.

Which gives you some insight into guys who act like that, try to be "alphas." They feel trapped and scared; they're acting like the whole world is prison. They can't relax and act like normal, decent people.

it would be interesting if they had super long names so that they could identify their pack relationships.

personal name and a composite name made of Family name,Neigbour name, city name, regional name, Country name.

John of the Smith family of the High Market area of Pembleton of the county of Ellens of the country of Wallachia.

We already do that. What do you think the tribal marker of identifying with your sports team is? The pride and rivalries that Chicagoans or New Yorkers have of their city and others?

Like I said up thread, humans operate at a highly complex pack structure of belonging to multiple ones at once, while living within larger pack systems.

We are the wolves.

What I'm gathering from this post is wolves have sports teams and that's rad as fuck.

Don't forget titles that indicate their relative status among their peers like "eats first/second/last". Intelligent wolf things would probably also adopt other signifies for more complex interpersonal relationships that come with the territory of being intelligent, mostly correlating with social roles rather than professions like offspring of/mate of/ caretaker of/nurse of... yadda yadda yadda you get the picture.

Isn't the common perception of wofpacks just specious misunderstanding?

>That mouth
I don't even, that's not how dogs work.

Yes, basically it's all based off of like one or two studies that were debunked like a few years after they were published. Everyone seems to still believe them though.

Doesn't mean we can't build a setting around bad science memes.
>the alpha wolf is the only wolf in the pack that uses more than 10% of its brain

True, however a beta only uses the right half of it's brain while awake, which is why betas are often famous artists.

Look up the 'barangay' system in the Philipines, I'd figure that it'd be close to something like that. Small, tight-knit communities and neighborhoods that have their own individual ordinances and practices, but still obey a national code of law.

So basically, state government?

>Would a wolf-person kingdom work well if the wolf-people treated the nation as a "superpack" with many component packs?

If they were truly civilized they'd cease to be wolf-people and would simply be dog-people.

Civilization is a form of domestication, user.

B-but that's what the entire understanding of social conditions on this site are based on user!

What would poor old /r9k/ and /pol/ do if you told them Alphas are "dominant" because they are literally everyone's dad or that Betas aren't oppressed untermensch but younger brothers or eldest sons who don't want to overthrow the Alpha because they have no desire to fuck their sisters or mom

you mean like primates?

Dogs don't work that way, but people probably wouldn't know the difference honestly.

you could probably be cute about it, and give them dog like traits. no personal space. follow you to the bathroom. constant sniffing.

Saw it work in a game of Kingmaker before. Well, not for the party, but the DM sent a lycan army after our outlying settlements early on. Not sure if that's in the AP or not, she was infamous for upping the difficulty to make it more stressful. People were infected with the curse, used as breeding stock and turned against the kingdom. In the end our Ruler offered herself in marriage to their leader. Who was a sorcerer and some of always suspected had used magic to get her on his side.

But hey, things settled down and the kingdom worked until their fluffy brat turned out to be the vessel of unspeakable forces. Remember kids, never leave a Dark Tapestry oracle in charge of anything.

Not nearly as broad as state government.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barangay

D I C K
I
C
K

wolves

>would a human country work if the humans treated the nation as a super-tribe with many component tribes?
Essentially, depends on the path of their culture and the level of information technology, within certain boundaries of "work."
Humanizing them, I might see only two real bents to provide them: greater loyalty to their family, and an unlikliness to settle into an agrarian society because of a natural preference towards carnivorous diets.

They'd probably resemble nomadic shepherds and hunters the most out of human societies, some settling into small permanent settlements to practice trades.

YOU APOLOGIZE TO THE WORLD THIS INSTANT

It depends on the size of the packs. If you're thinking city-sized packs it'd be weird for anyone in them to know thousands of people like family.
Also keep in mind that everyone will know you're a creep the moment you force a wolfgirl DMPC into the group and whether they say anything or not they'll be bothered

>Wolf girl
>Not a wolf guy

Is that better or worse?

When you have a dominant alpha wolf-person in the party, does it really matter?

It only matters if they'd allow the party to give them headpats.

YIFF YIFF YIFF

>they have no desire to fuck their sisters or mom
You think /pol/ and r9k's ever gonna believe that?