Has pandering to transtrenders driven off an entire generation of new gamers?

>be me
>trying to run D&D 5e for the first time
>nobody wants to play because it's "tumblr shit"
>same with magic the gathering

What the fuck is going on? Did Wizards blow it?

Just stop playing tumblrshit you faggot.

this is a thing that definitely happened.

Got any suggestions? D&D looked like the least gay RPG out there as far as I could tell.

Stop hanging around people with an SJW persecution complex.

The new D&D is obsessed with trannies. They even put Brianna Wu in one of the books.

Op, does everyone you invite to game with happen to frequent /pol/? Most of us don't care unless it's furshit or something.

It's literally a small box of text on one of the pages, user. It doesn't go beyond that.

I haven't had any trouble getting people to try things.

Maybe you're just friends with butthurt reactionaries.

What are you talking about? Is there actually some truth to the accusations?

>pandering to transtrenders
wat?

This is all there is on the D&D front. Nothing says you have to include it, but it's a little paragraph that says "hey, it's cool to do things with gender."

>gender binary is a "notion"
Oh so they're full on pushing radical leftist pseudoscience on children then, eh?

Wellp, glad I quit playing D&D years ago. Jesus fucking christ.

Literally nobody I've ever met has said any of this. I think you're making shit up for fake Internet points, in which case maybe you should use a site that offers a tally of your fake Internet points.

like people didn't already do that before it was actually said in the manual

Ergh, fucking dropped. There are enough mentally ill people in the world already, don't need them in my spare time too.

Psst - D&D has been pushing nonbinary definitions of gender for decades. If you actually cared about this topic you'd know that already.

It's hard to meet people when all you do is sit at home jacking off to shemales, user.

Great, what next? Pushing the climate lie in books?

Flat out propaganda for discredited science is disgusting.

Hows the weather in San Fran?
It might do you good to do a little bit of traveling in Trump's America.

>nobody wants to play because it's "tumblr shit"
Sounds like a bunch of faggots who can't get over SJWs existing, just play the damned game.

A little historical revisionism to go with your gender bender pseudoscience huh? You need help.

Hey, if it keeps people away from D&D I'm for it. The only thing good about most D&D players is that they refuse to play anything else so I don't have to put up with their shit in any of my games.

>

DESU famalamadingdong, the only reason people played DnD despite how shit it had become since the original two iterations was because other people played it. You could always find a group, but the inverse is also true, it's so shitty that as soon as the popularity starts to dry up it causes a chain reaction with all the rats fleeing the ship.

Sort of. Kind of. Not really. I'm a /pol/itician myself, but it only triggers me slightly - it's not like they're shoving it down my throat.

I'll take things that never happened for 500.

I don't think those particular lies are targeted at you, they are targeted as pubescent teenagers who are easily manipulated.

That shit about gender binary being a "notion" is the SJW version of "teach the controversy"

The fact that it triggers you at all shows that you're an emotionally weak manchild.

Seriously, the horse shoe is real. You're just conservative tumblr.

Honestly I don't really give a fuck about it. A paragraph of fluff really doesn't change how the GM chooses to build their world, so include as much or as little gender politics shit as possible. If the GM is trying to make everyone play a transgendered hermaphrodite crossbreed or something, that breaks into magical realm, but the fuck are people flipping out about a paragraph of text you can ignore if you want to, like everything else in the system? Is /pol/ really that insecure, that they need to police shit that they can really easily ignore?

Would you have the same opinion if there was a paragraph about the "notion that god did not create the earth"? Not that I expect a cultist like you to be able to respond rationally, but comon.

I have a campaign with some interesting archetypes for the actual players

1. A gay guy that is pretending to be straight and we all know he isn't.
2. A gay guy who is in love with 1 but also wants to be a girl
3. A super tumblresque dude that literally just protested with the other colleges
4. Super feminist chick, like wonder woman type

These people role-play like no tomorrow. They are fucking excellent players and regardless of their real neuroses they play to perfection and I couldn't ask for better fuckin players. I'd be the first person to comment on PC culture and the like, but if anybody didn't want to play because they were afraid of meeting up with people like this, I'd say it's their loss. These people while fitting the tumblresque mindset are phenomenal adventurers. Plus I think it lets them probably on some level fulfill their dreams in game.

could be interesting working some elven version of fa'afafine or similar into my setting...

I mean, all gods are fictitious so...

Cute fantasy, bro. Hope that grants you some reprieve from real life for a little while.