dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/17/who-is-ahriman-part-2-by-john-french/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the last

Literally in every argument about CSM and assault cannons ever, kiddo

>loyalist players so btfo they now say these arguments never existed in the first place

Look at this guy. He looks so cool!

Which Bloodthirster do you rank best, I wonder? I don't play Chaos, but I saw this guy and thought he looked awesome.

Ol' tatterwing.

How good are the "Legacies of ruin" from IA 13 for chaos space marine vehicles?

Varies, some are pretty great.

5th for the Necrons

>like the playstyle, thematics, models, basically everything about Tyranids
>they're dogshit on the tabletop and have been for years and years
>there's no update in sight, not even rumors of one

W-what do

I always wanted to get into this hobby, I finally have the disposable income to waste on it, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to an army that's just going to get stomped.

If you like the play-style, why are you complaining?

So I guess there was a new Fenris leak for Mangus' Fury or something.

At least two or three new units for Tzeentch from what I am reading but that's including thousand sons.

Anyone hyped?

They are fun to play as and playing against unless your local meta/FLGS is full of WAAC guys

Tyranids aren't dogshit, they just have to utilise some key units to not suck, so you're gonna be always locked into some stuff but they're far from unplayable. Go wild.

than change the way you want to play, make thematic armies, or just suck it up, or find a non-meta based playgroup? one thing you never want to do is play an army you don't want to play, just to win.

please don't bring your shitfit into the new threat

Honestly I'd just start collecting them and play midtier armies. GW is going to most likely do a campaign for them at some point, and why collect something you don't care for?

It's within the reason that I could use Raven Guard Tactics and model my army as Night Lords, right?
Maybe even use some chaos bits and models.
I think the Raptors look cooler than assault marines for example.
Scouts are cool to me so I will definitely be using at least two squads for my troops that I need for the Combine Arms Detachment.

What are some other "stealthy" or "stabby" models would I want to include?

How are Landspeeder Storms?

At first I was going to use Chapter Tactics: Raptors that I found but I am afraid they are just strictly better Raven Guard and would be perceived as the "WAAC" choice.

I already have the Space Marine Codex and Seventh Edition Rulebook so I was hoping to go pick up a box or two of scouts at the local shop tomorrow or Saturday.

Maybe an Assault Squad or the Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs and a Jump HQ of some sort?

I like the classic dog-head one. But he's a victim of scale creep and can't really represent a bloodthirster anymore.

Thanks Veeky Forums. You guys make some good points, I'll just suck it up and start with Tyranids.

I guess I could always start a second army if I ever wanted to be a METAGAEM-ing faggot.

Destroyer > regular > wrath of khorne > skarbrand

why would i pay 300 points for a bloodthrister who only gains a weapon, adamatium will and hatred characters? skarbrand can kill anything provided he gets there. destroyer is slow but consistent D while the relic only does it on 6s to hit

SO assuming the continuation of modern GW artists interpreting the models literally, here we have a new Tsons heavy weapon.

What do you think? Rotor cannon? mini-Gatling cannon? Assault Cannon? Something new entirely?

ally with GSC if you feel you need that power boost!

Well, from the video we've seen
>sorcerers on disks
>power armoured rubics
>tartaros termi rubics
>a rubic with a rotary gun of some sort
>tzaangors

Are 40k Tzaangors mutated human heretics or abhumans who fell to chaos?

>enemy deep strikes in an Ironclad right next to my LRC and Missile Launcher
>unload LRC
>shoot with Multi-Melta, Melta and Krak Missiles
>3 misses
>charge with Assault Squad
>Powerfist misses
>Melta Bomb manages a Crew Shaken
>Wipes 3/9 of my assault squad members with his counter attack
>his Drop Pod kills 2 of my Tacticals
>Lysander Deep Strikes in, scatters to land right next to my LRC
>kills it the same turn with his other Terminators unloading from his Land Raider
>Ironclad kills my remaining tacticals
>only left with a 6-man Crusader Assault squad and a Command Squad on bikes after turn 1

Missing all this shit on that Ironclad sure was epic.

Yes.

So are we getting a new 40k Ahriman model to go along with Warzone Fenris Part II? It looks like he and Magnus are teaming up for the raze Fenris plan, but it would be a bit weird for them to keep using his current model if that were the case.

I mean it is by no means as bad as say, the Phoenix Lords, but it is getting a bit dated.

>1850 pts of Tau vs Blood Angels
>he's miles ahead for first 2 turns
>he manages to set up a pair of potential charges into my broadside team and command squad, respectively, which would devastate me
>a couple models die in OW
>he rolls charge and fails for both by about an inch, because of the killed models
>next turn, a few models from each unit survive my shooting phase, and he moves them within 1" on his turn
>the rest die in OW
>shakes my hand
Tau are fun

He got one in that prospero box.

On the one hand, GW put out some of their best work ever in the tail end of the 2e era. On the other, they are still using it.

That is a 30k model not 40k

So I take it you're leaning on it being a legion rotor cannon. If so I hope it has some equivalent of malefic ammunition or Infernal bolts rather than just S3 Ap6 Salvo 3/4

ironclads are pretty tough, this guy managed to easily fight my double keepers. i completely forgot to smash and was relying on rending s6

Inferno bolt rotor cannon yes.

>S3 Ap3 Salvo 3/4
Inferno bolts, but jack up the price for the killing power.

Yes, because 30k Ahriman and 40k Ahriman look completely the same.

It's not like Kharn has a 30k model and got a new 40k model either.

Could be, that's him on the left, so maybe he'll get a new model with a disk.

Can another Tau player give a scale comparison between the XV9 Hazard and the XV95 Ghostkeel? Possibly including the commander for reference.

or just the option for one.

He still makes a decent demon prince.

And to the original question, Forge World bloodthirster all the way.

>A disc

Isn't Ahriman specifically trying to free his legion from Tzeentch? Why would he have a pet screamer?

>want to field ahriman on foot
>have to pay extra because kit comes with a disk whether you want it or not
Yep, seems legit for GW.

He still used the lore of tzeentch.
Summoning and nailing a disc do the materiel realm seems in character.

If you don't want options, stick with the old metal Ahriman.

If I'm stubborn about using Pask in a vanquisher, what's a good LR variant to stick with him to form the squad?

because flying melta bombs with teeth that move like jetbikes are adorable. also they eat grey knights good

I understand this pain

In the same way that the Iron Warriors take Daemons and shove them into cold metal shells and force them to do their bidding.

Abbadon the Armless doesn't want to rely on the gods either, but he knows he needs their power to do shit.

ive seen a lot of demolishers with pasqs at my flgs
not guard myself, just what ive seen

your terrain looks like chocolate

He is, but remember that we're talking about a character who believes with all his heart that he isn't a servant of the Dark Gods while he is in actuality one of their chosen champions.

He'll likely see it as him bending the creature to his own will, while it may in fact just be a gift from his unwanted benefactor.

Tzeentch is pretty damn fond of Ahriman, since he pretty much embodies all of Tzeentch's motifs. So I can see him doing a bunch of shit for him, and making his pawn think it was done via his own power.

That's actually an unexpected choice. I was hoping for something that has more range synergy with the long ranged cannon, but since the Vanquisher is best for cracking tough vehicles, I'm probably going to split fire a lot anyway.

Hey Veeky Forums,

I'll be having a friendly game against space marines, using my Necrons.

Is a Doomsday Ark worth taking to counter Centurions and Terminators?

I'm just finishing up the model now, and looking for any excuse to field it.

>I'm just finishing up the model now, and looking for any excuse to field it.
Do you like it?

Tzeentch fucking loves Ahriman. The Big Nine is giving Ahriman the greatest gift he can give anyone: Death and to be free from the Great Game.

ASSAULT CANNONS WITH INFERNO BOLTS

S6 AP3 RENDING ON RUBRIC HAVOKS MEANS MORE GATTLING CANNON SHOTS THAN A NIGHT WARDEN, ON S&P INFANTRY WITH INVULNERABLE SAVES WITH A SORCEROR

LOYALISTS BTFO FOREVER

GW made an article on Ahriman, which is probably the concept they're using for Fenris part 2 warhammer-community.com/2016/11/17/who-is-ahriman-part-2-by-john-french/

How do you even pronounce Ahriman's name?

little known fact, willy wonka was actually a daemon prince hellbent on ruling the world through confectionery and would've gotten away for it if not for Lord Colgate.

And that probably also costs more than Knight Warden.

But yeah. Unless proven otherwise, Thousand Sons will rock. GSC proved that GW can make minor factions powerhouses if they want to so TSs might as well be good.

I have a lore question, does trazyn collect chaos artifacts? if so, how does he keep them from affecting the rest of his collection.,

A ree man.

>ASSAULT CANNONS WITH INFERNO BOLTS

>INFERNO CANNONS WITH ASSAULT BOLTS

>BOLT CANNONS WITH ASSAULT INFERNOS

all the guard players at my shop try for split fire on them every turn

this is how I do it

I hope Fenris gets destroyed. GW will not kill the wolves but they can at least make them a fleet based chapter (wolves have enormous fleet).

What's the point of the Tempestus Scions formations?

Under what circumstances would you play a game with over 500 points of flyers? The rules are nice but I don't know anyone who owns more than two Valkyries.

Similar problem for the ground assault formation, except its not so much that there's little reason to have so many fliers in your game, is more that I can't stand looking at the Taurox.

Can't wait for the assault cannon to require a full 9 man Tson squad and cost 50 points

>fenris is kill
>enraged russ emerges from the warp and beats the shit out of magnus

Thanks for the link, and it's pronounced pretty much exactly as it is spelled. Though rather than "man" at the end it sounds more like "mahn" if I recall correctly.

This would actually be pretty cool in my opinion. It would be nice if this event actually has long lasting consequences like that.

And since there were rumors about a War in the Webway with the Thousand Sons I'm sure they will get out of this event mostly fine.

>I don't know anyone who owns more than two Valkyries.
Hello. I have 4 Valkyrie/Vendettas (thanks 5th edition) and 3 Vultures.

>Thinking about buying the Tau Xmas set
>Didn't want to buy any more Warhammer due to backlog
>Didn't want to buy more 40k because 8th is

I would assume that Fenris will get destroyed (fits the whole chaos rising/ 5min before twelve narrative for the next edition)

Ok.

I pronounce it AR-AH-MAN, (probably due to minor dislexia of first seeing his name as Arhiman)

though it might be closer to AH-RE-MAN (RI same as Ring)

You get some neat special rules.

I wish Taurox Primes weren't so costly in points.

>Ahriman is evil because he is willing to do anything to accomplish his goals. Those goals might be noble, but if you stand between him and them, you have no chance. He will reduce populations to dust, betray people, and use the worst aspects of the Warp if he needs to, and he won’t even think twice. Anyone’s suffering does not matter. Anyone else’s view or survival does not matter. If you need to suffer or die for something he needs, then that is just the way it’s got to be. It’s not that he enjoys it; it’s that he thinks that it is unimportant. It’s not gleeful, gloating evil, it’s the cold indifference of true evil.
>And just to top it off, that goal is all a lie, and the end he seeks, while walking through ashes and atrocity, is not salvation, but deeper damnation.

Okay, while French is by no means one of my favorite authors at BL, I have to admit, he pretty much nailed Ahriman's character in that post. Love it when people can show how a character can be sympathetic while still showing they are horrible individuals.

>Ahriman is evil because he is willing to do anything to accomplish his goals
Ahriman is pretty GOAT desu, shame French calls him "evil"

i know i'm late to the party here but
it literally says it shouldn't have gets hot in the errata you dinguses

Well you have a few options

1. buy a lot of weed so you can pass the time quickly
2. Man the fuck up and finish your backlog and then buy new units
3. Continuously buy new units until you have no money or will to continue building them and eventually sell them on eBay to me for a low low price

Why don't the space wolf ice guns have gets cold?

why don't you have a mute button.

Get some of that forgeworld loving so you aren't locked into the same 5x flyrant list.

I fucking hate that GW stopped selling seperate bits, really want those wings for my Slaanesh Demon Prince.

This is text, bub.

@50291431
>idiot implies rotor cannons and assault cannons, one Heresy era weapon that was a mass produced stubber, the other an experimental Heresy item that was refined to a standard mark and is still prone to catastrophic failure, are the same

Just realized how fuckhueg that thing is, forget what I said.

Woah, the newfaggotry here

I can't enter BL, GW, FW, WH TV facebook it shows me error with no clues what the fuck is going on.
Can anybody help me?

So what are the current meta armies and lists/formations?

bike/suit/pod/summon spam

Farseers/scatbikes/wraithknights

Works for me.

>tfw I have Thousand Sons but now the new sculpts will clash with the olden aesthetic too much so I can't technically buy any.

End my life, Russ.

Wait until the models release before you bitch and moan.

Fucker, I own 2 full squads and a squad from Wargame Exclusive

You think that's gonna stop me?
You sound like too much of a bitch to own Tsons

Same way i feel about most (Insert faction) whiners

Gw's policy is that art must be identical to the miniatures themselves, and the art is pretty sexy.