Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BjqvY0EU2vU
1d4chan.org/wiki/Nork_Deddog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Navy armsmen it is.

Next off is 1d100 for recruit pool.

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Hm. Looks like we're gonna need more bodies.

SEND IN...how many waves again?

Roll d3+1 to find out?

Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Rolled 39, 92, 12, 80 = 223 (4d100)

>mfw this is 4d100

XD

Roll 4d100

Okay, we've got priests, convicts, and gangers stuffed into a voidship - and they're all men.

What could possibly go wrong?

So...how were they recruited?

1d10 to find out

Rolled 5 (1d10)

So, they were conscr-*BLAM*

They were given direction in serving the emperor.

So, from what hell-hole were they drawn from before embarking upon a glorious crusade for the Emperor?

Roll 1d100

Rolled 60 (1d100)

Truly these bastards are shaping up to be unusual types.

So, the all-sausage party of convicts, gangers and priests came from a forge world.

...let's just roll with it.

PREDOMINANT TERRAIN!
1d100

Rolled 69 (1d100)

What are filthy convicts and gangers doing on a Forge World?

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Shhhhhhhh....

To nobody's great surprise, the forge-world's a wasteland.

What's the core unit?

1d100

Rolled 71 (1d100)

smex

Rolled 5 (1d10)

>Gangers and convicts supplemented by zealous priests recruited from a wasteland of a Forge World getting shot at enemy ships for boarding

Hm. Drop infantry for Naval Armsmen.

Fuck it, let's house-rule that shit.

These bastards specialize in orbital drop or boarding actions - basically, whatever shoots them out of a perfectly good voidship.

What's their specialty?
1d10

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Close combat. SHOTGUNS AND KNIVES FOR ALL!

So, the priests whip the scum into a frenzy, and they all get ejected at whatever pisses off the Navy.

How loyal are they?
1d10

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

None purer!

Rolled 3 (1d10)

...to everyone's great surprise, a bunch of gangers and convicts have a bit of a discipline problem!

Who would've thought?

Any special toys?
1d100

Rolled 79 (1d100)

...vehicle.

Fuck it, they get a modified cyclops with a gun attached that can serve as cover and heavy fire support.

And, you know. Expendable troops.

What's the regimental creed?
1d100

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Rolled 13 (1d100)

FOR THE HOMEWORLD!

As much as their superiors would prefer otherwise, this regiment looks after their own more than anyone else.

Any friends of note?
1d100

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Let's roll for FRIENDS!

Oh shit. SCHOLASTIA PSYKANA BITCHES!

Looks like the crazies have a little special crazy on their side.

Who'd they manage to REALLY piss off?
1d100

Rolled 1 (1d100)

Rolled 38 (1d100)

>mfw our enemies are friends

Uh oh. Looks like these guys pissed off someone they weren't SUPPOSED to.

Roll 1d100 to see who in the Imperium hates out guts.

Rolled 96 (1d100)

>Gangers, convicts and priests from a barren wasteland of a Forge World travel the stars, launching close-combat raids against Rogue Traders aboard their specially modified Cyclops

STEAL FROM THE RICH, GIVE TO OURSELVES

Rogue Trader Dynasty it is!

...the rescue mission didn't go as planned.

So, we finally have these guys done!

To recap:

These guys are Naval Amsmen drawn from gangers and convicts of a forge world wasteland with some priests to keep them in line.

They specialize in boarding actions, primarily using close-combat weapons. However, because these guys are THAT expendable, they get cyclops demolition vehicles with heavy guns attached that serve as both a heavy support unit and a final FUCK YOU in the entirely likely event they don't survive.

They are well aware of this, and as such have a bit of a discipline problem. They generally assume anyone that isn't conscripted from their world is actively trying to get them killed (which, to be fair, is probably true).

Along the way, they've managed to endear themselves to the Scholastia Psykana, meaning they always have Psyker support when they need it.

However, thanks to copious amounts of NOT AS PLANNED, they pissed off a powerful Rogue Trader Dynasty.

Thioughts?

What about using one of those Krieger drill tanks? Except it's fired off at the enemies acting much like ursa claws that the world eaters had on their main ship?

Also should we think of their name and general look?

Never mind this is a much better idea.

Alright, here's some idea of what these guys have to deal with on a regular basis:

Incense filled the boarding torpedo as the priest fervently prayed.

His prayers varied in their exact contents, but they all had the same general theme.

He asked for their death to be glorious.

Iho sticks were passed, safeties were disabled, and weapons were sharpened.

The tech-priest checked the cyclops one last time before exiting the boarding torpedo.

As usual, every eye followed him on his way out.

The commissar stood in the doorway, stepping to the side only to allow the tech-priest to pass.

After he cleared the doorway, the commissar hit the door, and it slammed shut with an iron CLANG.

The moment this happened, the priest's exultation of the Emperor reached a fever pitch.

Like a man possessed, he cried for a glorious death, begging Him on Holy Terra to make his the most glorious death.

The sergeant scoffed, and closed his eyes. The lurch came, and the torpedo shot through the void.

This, give them a good description and i might start drawing stuff

Why not both? These poor bastards get sent in with glorified siege drills and a Cyclops.

Imagine the cheapest voidsuits that the imperium can make. These things look like someone duck-taped a jumpsuit into being airtight. They've all got ganger tats and shaved heads. They use either piss poor low tech weapons or shotguns.

Anyone want to take a shot at their name?

The 789th dead dogs

Appropriate, if you factor in the smell.

Anyone think they can beat that?

youtube.com/watch?v=BjqvY0EU2vU

25th voidborn Grenadiers "the omnisiah's voidblodloded"

Omnisiah cause they are from a forge world and I'm thinking that the priests are tech priests/acolytes

And that there gear is brutal, cold and built on a budget for their job in mind and that alone.

So shotguns with flachette rounds, void duits that work at a barebones level, the vehicals with out any creature comforts.

Gang iconography is contextualized by their home, focused of factorium gangs, so men from a lasgun factorium might have a better grip on las weapons and look down on kinetics and vicecersa

And this is why i should never post from phone

So, a bunch of tech-convicts with budget equipment. I like it.

What started the trouble with traders, exactly?

This is just a suggestion but could we perhaps combine the two names that've been suggested?

Perhaps what started it was that the rogue trader was looking to buy them and found their bad attitude to be annoying and became so annoyed he now hates these naval armsman, and they hate him and his dynasty.

Yeah, you're right. How about the 789th Voidborne Regiment, better known as the Dead Dogs?

Good idea about the traders, too.

Sounds good to me

Drawfag here, Dead Dogs sounds fucking badass.

I feel like maybe they need a better reason to be so mad at eachother, maybe betrayal in a huge deal or something?

Sounds awesome, does anybody have any images of void suits? google shows more or less normal space suits

Should they have anything on their uniforms/voidsuits that make it stand out other than just having it be patchwork. I'm thinking that for the priests they wear the bones of former priests through which they use as some sort of conduit which they believe amplifies their prayers to the emperor for a glorious Death. Thoughts?

I want to see dog skulls on whatever you draw.

Also, since thw dogs are run by techpriests, how about throwing some archeotech in the mix?

Because those biches be crazy about a rcheotech deals.

I like it. Perhaps there's a form of hierarchy in the legion when it comes to origins. Gangers at the bottom convicts in the middle, priests at the top, that sort of thing.

Well I don't think the rogue trader could need a better reason because of the whole I'm a nobleman of great prestige now do what I say to which they would just spit on his shoes or something of the like. Maybe a better reason could be that the rogue trader really put them through the ringer in order to try and break them? Perhaps pushing the entire regiment even the priests too far?

Sounds good, and you're probably right, I'm not the most informed on the warhammer 40k lore, it was just an idea.

I think everyone's agreed that priest run it for battlefield operations I do think however that just because they have a preferred structure doesn't mean they can't break from it.

Remember - when the boss isn't looking, the noncom's in charge.

Nah dude no worries it should honestly be a combination of both as the dead dogs didn't like the authority of the rogue trader and so as he decided to get back at them for their little authority figure issues. Of course he went above and beyond to make sure that they would regret it but the dead dogs came out the other side.
Also perhaps a more advanced voidsuit? Something that looks like a cross between the solar auxilla armor with a lot of added bones from now actual dead dogs regiment members. The Gangers and convicts call it The Rattle suit.

Nice. How about a mutant strain of dogs from their home world that's so big they can fit the skulls over their helmets? Maybe use the other bones to make their melee weapon hilts/handles

I don't see why not, I was thinking for a rite of passage each member of the regiment has to kill a big beast so a dog mutant creature works.

Also just occurred to me we need a war cry other than "For the emperor!"

We need something crude enough for hangers thatvhate their superiors, but loyal enough that they can get it past the commissar. Suggestions?

Gangers. Autocorrect is heresy.

"To the Emperor and each other we are loyal. The rest can eat grox shit."

I like it the sentiment just need to figure out if we can shorten it our make it sound better

Another thing that I absolutely didn't forget is that the Dogs have a thing going with the Scholastia Psykana

...anybody care to say what happened to endear them to the head-crackers?

What I'm thinking is that they basically were either helping to transport some fresh young psykers or were acting as an envoy to protect a black ship which got taken over and then the dogs had to take it back.

For the Emperor and For ourselves.

Sounds good

Think the kids they helped out are all grown up now?

Yep and it would also be a big bonus that the dead dogs were able to save the black ship itself from total destruction. But the psychic kids and the dogs bonded as it took a long damn time to clear out all the hostile forces they bonded in that way only two outcasts can really bond.

This could also explain the rogue traders hate, pretty easily.

Elaborate I'm curious as to what you're thinking

I know I'm late to the party, but dead dogs feels a bit stale, what with there being a named character with that name in cannon.

What about Void Hounds, Void Dogs, Broadsiders, Vacuum Warriors, Vacus Dominatious, Bayonets of the Void, Nova dogs, Star takers, Void Foxes? do any of those sound cool?

What character has the nickname of dead dog?

Stellar hounds, Rusthearts, Hull-hound, Stelar Sprockets, Ball Bearings, Sky Drivers, Night Boarders, First Crewmen(because their the first crewmen aboard ships they take) Indigo Mastiffs, Drak Drogars

Void Hounds sounds cool, Vacus Dominatious could be secondary.

Vacuum Warriors just made me laugh

1d4chan.org/wiki/Nork_Deddog a badass Ogryn

Drak drogars sounds cool

Well, it isn't supposed to be glamorous.

They're dogs; sicced on the Emperor's foes that either live on to kill another day, or end up as more meat for the grinder.

Having said that, another point is that we may already have a drawfag working on the whole dog thing, and I wouldn't want to screw him/her/it over.

Completely forgot about him also the reason why I suggested dead dogs is to fit with the whole disposable theme we have going on.

Although, looking at the number of people suggesting new names, if enough people want to change the name, make it happen Veeky Forums. I'm having too much fun watching these guys develop to railroad the process.

Nothing specific in mind, but if your trading info on ships cargo and the cops show up your rep takes a big hit.
Or maybe they showed him up will he was still holding out for more money
could be they made his highly trained mercs look like pussies.

SOme of these names would be cool on a more elite Regiment. these guys seem like one of the more 'low power' collections of fighting men. They have their place, and are good at their jobs no doubt, just not as the glorious heros, tacticool killteams or the like. I feel that these guys are used more like a bayonet charge from one ship to another than a surgical strategic strike. if the commanders are smart, they'd be used in cooperation with smaller and better equipped/trained regiments. WHile these fucks are shot enmass at the broadside of the foe to assault larger locations, the other regiments slip/smash into more particular places like the reactors, command decks, fire control centers and what not.

Yeah, Fair. Let's keep the dogs theme, with hounds or otherwise, but I want to tie them to space a bit more, Cause any fightingman can be described with 'dead' sooner or later

Well that could be a part of it as well the dead dogs showed disrespect, made the traders elite highly paid mercs look like green horns and were always telling him to stuff it.

Hounds of Locus?
Dogs of locus?

Synonyms for dog include: mutt, mongrel, cur, tyke

Synonyms for space include...
nothing catchy.

Any ideas?

Locus being the name of their home planet

Stellar Mutts?

Drawfag here, just got back from some stuff i had to do, so this is what i've sketched up so far, any ideas?
Any and all comments are welcome
And yeah, that is chainmail.

Little too cartoonish

Void Curs
Astral Mongrols
the space good boys

Btw, what i found about void suits is that they're a lot like old diving suits, and i'm using this image as reference