Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Have you ever played a character with charisma between 8 and 16, or is it dump-or-pump for you?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
dxcontent.com/TR_LibraryGeneratorUI.asp?Mode=ID&LSID=64&AutoRun=AUTO
docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1xrcVb8f4isNrnf0c4A-ek9AmU8UD9nNULJF5v6dRwNM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1wKYQDiexOl7efIFLp_1nfJIlj9ky04senq8l6WbweQk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing
ottosfoxhole.com/comic/breath-of-the-wild/
sites.google.com/site/xaosbrew/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Charisma is dump-or-pump there's no reason to have it high unless your class features are based on it.

which is why CHA AEGIS NOW

>Have you ever played a character with charisma between 8 and 16, or is it dump-or-pump for you?

I have literally never played a character with 7 Charisma because the thought of dumping that stat for +4 points feels filthy to me. I can't really explain it, but I just don't see how you can fiddle that willy-nilly with aspects of the character and act like they don't affect them in some significant way in-game.

If I play a character with 8 Dexterity, they've got an old leg wound. If I play someone with 16 Constitution, they've got "clean skin and are warm to the touch."

If I play someone with 7 Charisma, they're going to be fucking dorks.

Posting once more. I have been reexamining Unchained Fighter.

My conclusion is that I do not offer many new things.

The main "new" feature of the class is the Advanced Equipment Training. Which provides out of combat utility for the class. I believe this is an overall good thing and good for the Unchained class.

Now, besides that, I have merely made AWT and AAT more defined (defense goes into AAT, offense into AWT), made a bunch of new ones, and made it so you get them IN ADDITION to the normal.

Now in order to differentiate the Unchained Fighter more than the fighter I have thought of doing the following:
>remove Bravery, make it into a Advanced Armor Training
>replace it with "Military Training"
>Military Training will have a number of chosen "lesser" bonuses, basically not on the same level as a Rage Power, but fiddly things (on the same level as a trait)
>Some ideas are the following:
>Shamelessly stealing giving Exotic Weapon Proficiency in the weapons of a particular fighter weapon group
>Make two skills into Fighter Class Skills (synergies with the Versatile Training AET)
>Small gold advance (scales badly by level)
>A "contact" (is specified between three types of contacts), these contacts are NPCs who have the friendly disposition towards the PC
>A trait
>A "social trick" (some of the examples are a large bonus at a particular game like chess, poker, dice, etc., doubling your ability to imbibe alcohol before becoming intoxicated, being able to gauge the social relations of a group after a minute observation, and specific knowledge in a narrow subject like a particular sect of a religion, inns in an area, etc.)

Please shit all over my idea or give other ideas for "military trainings".

I would really love for the help for this last revision and whether it is a good idea as I will soon be seeking publication for the Broken Shackles martials.

Link: docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

So /pfg/, take a look at this

dxcontent.com/TR_LibraryGeneratorUI.asp?Mode=ID&LSID=64&AutoRun=AUTO

Would you play a game with your created class?

And since we're posting docs, here are the SoP playtests again:

Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing
Time Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1xrcVb8f4isNrnf0c4A-ek9AmU8UD9nNULJF5v6dRwNM/edit?usp=sharing
War Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wKYQDiexOl7efIFLp_1nfJIlj9ky04senq8l6WbweQk/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Now here is a thing.

Are the Unchained Fighter's defenses too good?

Natively you can essentially do this:
>make bravery apply to all will saves
>get an additional +5

From just fighter you can get +17 to all saves before stats. From just the character and items you are topping out at +22 to saves.

That's quite a lot. I think it may be too much. With more optimization these saves get better and better. Dare I say if someone VMCs barbarian for that sweet sweet superstition, I don't know how you'll ever get the UC fighter to fail a save.

+17 is probably a bit much.

>DepressedHomebrewer
No seriously kill yourself. I'm mad you haven't keeled over yet. You're not wanted here.

To anyone saying Iomedae's a good LG deity, fuck you, fucking Ragathiel is less of a headache than she is.

It requires taking 4 AATs, of which you only get 4. So it'd be the equivalent of 4 rage powers, plus the fact the unchained fighter get two good saves (Fort and Ref).

But still.

It is a opportunity cost thing. I might change the +5 to a +4.

>Have you ever played a character with charisma between 8 and 16, or is it dump-or-pump for you?
Charisma for me is pump-or-tertiary stat. I'll take high charisma over skill points, because I'm insecure and deeply want to be likable and pretty.

I don't like dumping Cha so I'll make an attempt to keep it at 10. I'll go down to 9-8 if I really have to.

Yeah, a Bloodrager

>because I'm insecure and deeply want to be likable and pretty.

You're pretty to me, user.

My last rogue had charisma 14.

He was a hobgoblin with the following stats:

8/18/16/14/12/14

He did a lot of party face stuff. I only got to play him for one session, it was sad.

So Avowed Book 2 is going to have the Betrothed archetype and the Divine pact, and they are going to be compatible.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are actually interested in having a avatar of a deity follow you around as a waifu companion?

An avatar of a deity, you say?

I tend to go for charisma 12-14 if I don't really need it and have spare stat points. I'll find some other way to pump Will saves and then dump Wis.

I'm 99% sure the only DSP writer who likes Charisma is Forrest, and that makes me sad, because she's busy writing her own stuff and not in charge of PoW/akasha/etc.

>Union Keeper
>Hit Die: d8 BAB: 3/4 Saves: All good Saves
>Skill ranks: 8+int
>Skills: Acrobatics, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Nature), Perception, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft
>Weapons: All simple & martial
>Armor: All armor and shields (minus tower shields)
>Oracle spells and orisons
>Resolve, Greater resolve, True Resolve and Honorable stand from samurai
>Monk high jump and slow fall features
>Trapfinding, trap sense and uncanny dodge / improved uncanny dodge from rogue

I think I rolled some bullshit.

I considered making my initiator class possibly go off of charisma, but it didn't really fit unless I changed it quite a lot. Some of the stuff made sense for charisma, but it mostly made sense with Int.

Deity waifu following you around.

Will it be workable with all pacts? Also, forrest, you forgot your trip again.

Usually I leave it at 8-10 for most characters, unless I'm gunning for a turbo-autist characters. If I have a cohort with an npc array, sometimes I'll slap the 12 on cha on them for fun. I'm seriously debating hard dumping it on an Intsune though. Would rather have 12~ wisdom, or even just more strength.

He said it! He said it! Avatar of a deity!

Patron and Symbiotic pacts, no Esoteric ones. You cannot waifu the concept of nature or yourself.
Also, hey, Forrest's cowriter here. She's shouting at me about posting this. And also getting popcorn, apparently.

>No waifuing yourself

But what if I want to get superpowers from waking really hard?

Self pacts can be made in a number of ways! You do you, user. You're just not going to have an avatar of yourself following you around.

Fine then! Can I at least get a cute dragongirl? Or dragonman?

Make your divine patron the dragon god Apsu for an adorable silver-haired dragon-girl! Dahak for a wild redheaded man with big arms and a cruel mouth!

Absolutely. A common feature of Betrothed's companions is them taking on a more human form so that they can blend in with their Avowed's societies. Or you can have them in their standard scaley form.
(It's also worth noting that Betrothed aren't NECESSARILY based in romantic relationships, just a more personal one than a default Avowed, who had the one-off pact. But we all know how you're going to use it, don't we.)

Are they locked into forms, or can they switch out depending on what they want to do?

At the moment, we haven't decided. We've talked about it a little, though. We'll get back to you once it's more conclusive.

>But we all know how you're going to use it, don't we.

Rude!

But yes.

>The Raven Bender
>HD: d6, BAB: 3/4, Good Will
>Skill ranks: 6+Int
>Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Disguise, Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Nobility), Profession, Survival, Use Magic Device
>Weapon Proficiencies: You are proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
>Armor Proficiencies: You are proficient with light armor, medium armor, and bucklers.
>Woodland Magic: You possess the following class features from Hunter: Spells, Orisons
>Arcane Exploiter: You possess the following class features from Arcanist: Arcane Reservoir, Consume Spells, Arcanist Exploit, Greater Exploit. These abilities can be used to modify and enhance any spells you cast (not just arcanist spells, as stated in description).
>Part-Time Warrior: You possess the following class features from Swashbuckler: Bonus Feats.
>Animal Friend: You possess the following class features from Ranger: Hunter's Bond. You may only choose an animal companion.
>Inner Harmony: You possess the following class features from Monk: Still Mind, Purity of Body, Diamond Body, Diamond Soul, Timeless Body, Perfect Self

So it's a gish, basically. Might be cool, you could probably do some shenanigans with exploits and your animal companion.

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans?

I tend to aim for not having negative modifiers on any stat.

This does not always work, but I tend to aim for it.

Eh, I prefer Apsu.

I mean, it'd be neat I guess?

I am!

Game's tomorrow and I can't wait to presumably explore the catacombs under Sandpoint.

>Name: The Fist of the Antiquarian
>Hit Die: d10
>Base Attack Bonus: Full
>Fortitude Save: Bad Reflex Save: Good Will Save: Bad
>Skill Ranks: 2 + INT
>Skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Fly, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Religion), Linguistics, Perception, Profession, Ride, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Survival, Swim
>Weapons: All simple
>Armor All armor & shields (including tower)

>Demolitionist
>You possess the following class features from Alchemist: Bomb, Throw Anything. You also gain the feature Discovery, but only gain a discovery at second level and every four levels thereafter. You may only choose discoveries that pertain to class features you possess.

>Natural Lore
>You possess the following class features from Druid: Nature Sense, Resist Nature's Lure, Venom Immunity, Timeless Body

>Ninjutsu
>You possess the following class features from Ninja: Ki Pool, Ninja Tricks, Master Tricks, Hidden Master

>Barbaric Instinct
>You possess the following class features from Barbarian: Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense, Improved Uncanny Dodge

>Holy Emanation
>You possess the following class features from Antipaladin: Aura of Evil, Aura of Cowardice, Aura of Despair, Aura of Vengeance, Aura of Sin, Aura of Depravity

It's shit captain!

I'm going to play a fun game with the guys tomorrow night, and enjoy the rest of the weekend riding out a blizzard!

Master
Always NG
Hit Die: d10
Base Attack Bonus: Three-Quarters
Fortitude Save: Good
Reflex Save: Good
Will Save: Good

Skills
Skill Ranks: 4 + INT
Skills: Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Fly, Intimidate, Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Nature), Perform, Profession, Ride, Survival

Proficiencies
Weapon Proficiencies: You are proficient with all simple weapons, the ranseur, and the light pick.
Armor Proficiencies: You are proficient with light armor, medium armor, and bucklers.

Class Features

Knight Errant
You possess the following class features from Cavalier: Challenge, Order, Demanding Challenge, Bonus Feat

Resolute
You possess the following class features from Samurai: Resolve, Greater Resolve, Honorable Stand, True Resolve

Enmity
You possess the following class features from Inquisitor: Bane, Greater Bane

Holy Emanation
You possess the following class features from Paladin: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage, Aura of Resolve, Aura of Justice, Aura of Faith, Aura of Righteousness

Hell yeah I'd play this

Yesterday I got something with D12 HD, all good saves and full bab, 6+int skill points, a whole bunch of skills, all armor proficiency including tower shields, Bloodrager abilities and Witch's hexes along with Paladin's saves and smites.

I guess that's good enough to compete with a DSP character.

>The Island Sage

>Basic Information
>Hit Die: d10 Base Attack Bonus: Three-Quarters
>Fortitude Save: Good Reflex Save: Good Will Save: Good

>Skills
>Skill Ranks: 4 + INT
>Skills: Acrobatics, Craft, Diplomacy, Fly, Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Nobility), Knowledge (Religion), Profession, Sleight of Hand, Survival, Swim

>Proficiencies
>Weapon Proficiencies: You are proficient with all simple weapons, the gladius, and the ogre hook.
>Armor Proficiencies: You are proficient with light armor.

>Class Features

>Inquisitorial Magic
>You possess the following class features from Inquisitor: Spells, Domain, Orisons, Detect Alignment, Discern Lies. You may choose an inquisition instead of a domain.

>Hexer
>You possess the following class features from Witch: Hex, Major Hex, Grand Hex.

>Music of War
You possess the following class features from >Skald: Raging Song, Versatile Performance, Rage Powers.

>Inner Harmony
>You possess the following class features from Monk: Still Mind, Purity of Body, Diamond Body, Diamond Soul, Timeless Body, Perfect Self

>Barbaric Disregard
>You possess the following class features from Barbarian: Fast Movement, Damage Reduction.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

So I might be getting into a Pathfinder group later this month, and I'm itching to roll up a Barbarian. But I don't want to be the usual Invulnerable. I wanna be an Armoured Hulk.

If the game works out, we'll be starting at level four, with 16,150 gold and a twenty point buy. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to start?

Armoured Hulk is a trap option, or so the saying goes.

He wants to play a heavily-armored killing machine, user. Armored Hulk lets him play that.

Did someone say trap? Now I wanna play a trapfinding character

But user, you just posted a young woman. Not a trap.

>Holy Pirate
>Full casting of a cleric, full bab, ranger abilities and bane

It's like a gestalt without a gestalt!

Isn't that Link?

At least it's better than Dreadnought.

Looks like a Link (female) to me.

Or Linkle.

You would be wrong.

My games tomorrow and we're doing a white room combat and a bit of plotless RP so the GM can get a handle on balancing encounters and our characters!

White room combat?

Esteemed Slasher
>Hit Die: d8 Base Attack Bonus: Three-Quarters
>Fortitude Save: Good Reflex Save: Bad Will Save: Bad

>Skill Ranks: 4 + INT
>Skills: Craft, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (History), Linguistics, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Swim

> Weapon Proficiencies: You are proficient with all simple weapons, the boarding axe, the spear-sling, the halberd, the hunga munga, the light hammer, the lucerne hammer, the greatclub, and the hunga munga.
>Armor Proficiencies: You are proficient with light armor.

Class Features

>Inquisitorial Magic: You possess the following class features from Inquisitor: Spells, Domain, Orisons, Detect Alignment, Discern Lies. You may choose an inquisition instead of a domain.

>Part-Time Warrior: You possess the following class features from Swashbuckler: Bonus Feats.

>Streetwise: You possess the following class features from Rogue: Rogue Talents, Advanced Talents. You also gain Sneak Attack (+1d6) at first level. It does not increase with level or stack with sneak attack dice obtained from other sources.

>Charmed: You possess the following class features from Swashbuckler: Charmed Life

>Nimble :You possess the following class features from Gunslinger: Nimble

It's funny, I have an Inquisitor concept lying around that's pretty much a Dandyman. This would make him a good deal more of one.

I don't see a bulge or a penis, and everything points to it being a female.

ottosfoxhole.com/comic/breath-of-the-wild/

No real fluff/setting/map/descriptions or the like so that the GM can just get the CR and things down.
It's a gestalt game with a bunch of people so it'll be interesting.

Kitsune? What? That's deffo a doggo.

I hate traps so much.

Kitsunes aren't like Catfolks. There can be Lionfolks and Pantherfolks, but Kitsune are always foxes.

>There can be Lionfolks and Pantherfolks

Nope, every Catfolk everywhere has +2 Dex, +2 Cha and -2 Wis.

The most physically diverse race in Avistan has less diversity than Humans.

I don't actually have a boner, user.

And then DSP is like 'haaah no'

>Incredible variety in appearance
>Despite their differences, they all are graceful, have good presence, and are dumber than they'd like you to think

Sounds like a cat to me, user.

Not dumb, just more naive.

Y-you too.

There's nothing wrong with them!

I'm going to politely request that my homebrew site be added to the OP alongside the Trove and the Pastebin.

I am accepting homebrew, which I will add ASAP.

sites.google.com/site/xaosbrew/

To make absolutely certain I get my site added to the OP, I will post a picture of a cute puppy

Why are you posting a snek?

New at this bu isn't a little unfair what happens with paladins? not only they have less spells, up to 4th level spells only, they also have lower caster level, so they cast lower level spells with lower caster level, fuck. Dunno if it happens to other classes.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about your favorite high charisma character.

All full BAB classes that get spellcasting cap out at 4th level spells, user.

They're only at -3 aren't they? That's from getting their spells 3 levels later. Same thing with rangers. You can get 2 caster levels back with just a trait. Though if you can swing some 3.x stuff then they become much better with swift action spells and being able to gain arcane spellcasting through a spell book with sword of the arcane order.

Do all of them also get lower caster level which brings down their low level spells even more? Like I said, I'm new at this.

except bloodrager

all but bloodrager

*Thinks about it*

Nah.

Go cleric or Inquisitor, there's literally no incentive in going Paladin beyond wating to suck

>There's nothing wrong with them!

There's nothing wrong with them, but don't you dare try to sell them to me as a piece of eye-candy!

I may send my things over.

It's a trade-off for getting full BAB and powerful class features such as lay on hands and smite evil... But yes, full-casters(that is, classes with access to 9th level spells) are almost universally the most powerful and versatile. This is a well-known quirk of 3.x, though it can be somewhat evened out with subsystems such as psionics and initiating(available for PF with third party material or converting from 3.5).

>there's literally no incentive in going Paladin beyond wating to suck

Well I mean, there's the part about wanting to be a nigh-unstoppable holy tank filled with righteous fury that, more often than not, becomes the party face.

>People reading my file names
What should I label the image as then? What race is it?

>there's the part about wanting to be a nigh-unstoppable holy tank filled with righteous fury that, more often than not, becomes the party face.
Be a Cleric or an Inquisitor, you'll be better at all of that

>What race is it?

It's... It's a dog, user.

That's a dog.

S'just a Dog, bro. A Greater one, but a Dog nonetheless.

It's a dog.

>you'll be better at all of that

Explain how *without* mentioning spells.

Yep, you get double fucked.

That's a puppy

Are you really certain about that?

Not really. Smite evil, charisma to saves and swift-action self healing are things clerics or inquisitors can't do nearly as well.

Fine, it's now Dog Knight

Inquisitor has way more skill ranks, domain powers (there're some that add 1/2 level to diplomacy and similar shit) and Stern Gaze

*Looks over site*

Yeah, I think we'll pass, friendo.