/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Blood Generator Edition
Jump Pack Stealthy Vigilators sub-edition
We are the thread of the new world order. Phosphex and Rad, we are one.

>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCO0nWkKKsU
games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?N=2510756053 366030045 3855522993&_requestid=6946431
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Link to Ye Olden Threade

Finally got my masking tape and 2 mins of free time to use it. Tadaa! Some nice hazard stripes for my Bitter Boy!

word bearers a shit

A General Huzzah for finally being united as a General again!

Nice stripes, weathering looks really nice on them.

Looking into trying something like that for my Xana aircraft (lightning or hellblade using Lightning rules) so I can have a stripe on the wings with the Forge World sigil inside.

For the DA fans and SH fans in general, official gameplay preview for Deathwing.
Apparently geneseed from the Heresy era is on board, and genestealers have been using it so the DA rush in to take it.

Also, the devs have already annouced that the voice messages happening so often were a bug and that they're working on a voice distorsion/vox-link effect fix/making them deeper, lower. So no worries about that.

I for one, am really hype for this. Open beta normally at the end of next week, release date is 9th of december.

youtube.com/watch?v=MCO0nWkKKsU

Hurray! Unification has been achieved!
Why yes they are, but plz don't bully them.

Have faith, Word Bearer.

Actually, do we know why the IW attacked the WB in your pics?

What's the 30k colouring convention for Apothecaries? Legion colour with a white shoulderpad?

>Actually, do we know why the IW attacked the WB in your pics?
The IW thought their allies could ride the Ironfire. They were hilariously wrong.

They were too close to the enemy.

Technically, yes but not really.

UM were the first ones to start the whole thing with Apothecaries. Some of them were completely white barring a pauldron or a few other things, but even in the UM it was not the whole armor that was white most of the time.
Basically do whatever you want.

If the Hellblade had stats of its own, I'd have a problem with it. But it doesn't so I don't, and playing a Xana II army is the best possible reason for running that model.

Lightnings are standard in Spartan-heavy metas; few things are more effective against those beasts. Against armies without Spartans, I'd say they're reasonably priced and shouldn't upset anybody too badly.

danger close, friend

>mk3 squad came in the mail
Shit, this is a good kit. I don't want to paint another full space marine army, ma, but I might have to.

how triggered would people be if I made my own apothecaries by using the prospero tartaros chainfist attachments and gluing them to mk3 forearms? I really don't feel like using the standard monopose forgeworld ones.

What kind of changes in rules/units/rites do you expect/want as we get closer to the Siege? Will Demon Horus be able to defeat Sang in combat?

Don't forget the other bitz like lights, flasks, hoses and such.

Thought so, but always nice to get a second opinion. Much obliged.

There might be a couple of Spartans and definitely some Land Raiders, but it's main job is to explode any uppity Storm Eagles, then blast any artillery or irritating vehicles, since Mechanicum is about as short-ranged as they get in the Heresy.

Not trying to be too optimal, I just thought it would be nice versatile AA option and also an excuse to use a damn cool model. Essentially everything my army needs.

Not a lot, but you're better off getting a narthecium, apothecary shoulder pad and backpack, or very simply a complete apothecary from the command squad kit for 40k and taking the apothecary bitz to make your own.
Yours will just look ugly and missing almost everything on his narthecium and indeed everything else that makes it an apothecary

I like them completely white+red with the Legion colour shoulder because the whole army is rather monotonous and it is always nice to have a little snow flake.
Especially in my army, which is black (and has no official paint scheme yet).

Demon Horus is gonna be Emperor-tier unit, like 1000pts and absolutely unbeatable except by the Emperor or a Warlord.

Emperor's Champion Sigismund is going to be a LoW, if it was up to me I'd give him a rerollable 3++ in close combat and able to accept all the challenges while giving every loyalist either Preferred Enemy or some other buff similar to Emperor's Champion vows.

Children of Sicarus link anyone?

if it has stats, it's going to die to sniper boltgun vets

You've been asking that for a damn long time. Just give and buy the book, because it's clearly not going to make it into our archives.

Not really, Mortarion has stats and he's immune to Sniper Vets so Demon Horus/Man-Emps could also be immune to snipers.

Those are some rather nice stripes, man.

You replied to the wrong user I think.
Think you meant the gentleman who is actually good at painting.

Whoops yes indeed.

>he's immune to Sniper Vets
not sniper vets.. with sniper combi-plasmaguns

How is Morty immune? I didn't have a look at his profile yet.

Mortarion cant be wounded on anything that isnt strength vs toughness, so flat dice rolls like Fleshbane, Poison or Sniper wound him on a 6.

More like he's resilient to headshots, not actually immune
He's tough enough he could tank plasma shots with his Barbaran abs.
(2/3)(1/2)(1/2) = (1/6)
This means your vet is as likely to wound Mortarion as he is of rolling a Gets Hot. Granted, he's still got his save, but 42 plasma shots isn't great odds.

we just need more sniper vets, clearly

Oh and what's all that stick about him teleporting?

He fucking posted the rules. Read them, its on that page I swear.

So the first batch of 30~ marines I've done have no legion shoulder-pads or transfers. Should I slowly introduce pads onto the units I add from now on, or say fuck it and leave them?

Mortarion's farming skills are unmatched, fear the reaper man for no soul shall be left unharvested.

He's a sneaky git. He's also as fast as Corax and Curze at covering ground, moving reliably 16" per turn compared to their 12" + Fleet Run. And we have accounts about him moving faster than what the eye can follow, while carrying a massive scythe.
He does the same when he chokes Malcador, STRAIGHT OUTTA NOWHERE!
I like Morty's farming being a thing.

>Attacking Word Bearers
>Needing a reason
Pick one.

I have the same issue user, but luckily enough for me my padless marines are MkIV and a slightly lighter color than my padded MkIII marines, help differentiate them.
My suggestion is to paint any new models /slightly/ differently, and just say it is different production runs of armor.

By different it could mean-
Changing which shoulders have what color
Changing which knees have what symbols
Going slightly darker for a grittier look
Going lighter for a sun bleached/ worn look
Doing dirtier for an older look
Going cleaner for a newer look.

Things that are all fairly lore friendly for a legion, and can also help your models stand out besides just the pads.

Maybe even just have pads for veterans and sergeants?

I admit I play Alphas so I tend to keep my marines low key, but my rule is one special part per marine. So if they get one of the resin helmets they don't get a legion shoulder pad.

So I'd say you're fine just intermix some with the legion shoulder pad when you sort them into squads.

At this angle it looks like Horus is holding a football (or soccer ball in imperial units).

you nerds call it a footiekickysphere, don't you

I bet Horus can score a goal against goalkeeper Dorn.
Who is the loyalist team's captain? Sanguinius, Dorn, Lion or Guilliman?

..... dude we're all nerds here.
Thats not an insult.

Sanguinius is the captain, Guilliman is the manager, Emperor is the owner, and the Chaos Gods are the commentators.

who said it was an insult

you self-conscious?

But that's the loyalists. Both teams are 9-man strong AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SO. Ferrus was injured and had to be removed from the match.
And where the fuck is Alpharius? He's meant to be the leftmost player...or was it the rightmost? I swear I saw him wearing the wrong jersey.

I'll have you know in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Her Majesty's territories beyond the sea we call it a roley-poley-black-and-whitey-kicked-between-the-sticky-white-posties.

I cannot seem to find the full picture of Pert smiling
He really shouldn't be, it's terrifying, but it irritates me that I lack it

:)

Sanguinius is the star player. I think he's too detached to really be the captain, but he is the substitute captain after Ferrus got himself injured. The Khan is the winger forced to play defense but refusing to do so. Russ slide tackles his opponents hoping to hurt them, and doesn't accomplish much else.

Alpharius has been bribed to blow the game but no one knows if he's on the field or if it's his twin who doesn't accept bribes.

Excellent
thanks user

>A General Huzzah for finally being united as a General again!

Yeah, I don't know why that secondary thread lasted so long. I was fully expecting it to die as aoon as it became clear that the first one was being used more.

Sorry about that.

>Russ slide tackles his opponents hoping to hurt them, and doesn't accomplish much else.
Fucking laughed

>Magnus is on the side, studying soccer tactics and playing bloodbowl

>Mortarion is currently barefoot, wondering where the hell is Typhon, whom he lent his football boots to. He's still motherfuckingly fast somehow, and doesn't slip.

>Alpharius is wielding a...baseball bat? WTF?

>The traitors are winning 5-0 by the end of the first half, but during half-time Dorn finished building a golden wall in front of the goalposts.

Would Perturabo be the brooding opposing goalie who never gets any activity on defense because his team is scoring on the loyalists constantly?

>Autek Mor has a creative interpretation of what a "football" is

Yes.
Except for the end, Fulgrim and Angron have wandered off, Magnus is vomiting rainbows on everyone, Curze and Lion are having a wrestling match on the opposite corner. At which point Sangunius, Khan and Dorn finally get their shit together and score 6 times in 5 minutes.

>The loyalists managed to tie the game and it'll be decided by penalties!
>Perturabo, even though he's the traitor's goalie, is hammering Dorn non-stop! But Dorn won't give in. The man! The Primarch! The legend!
>He's having extra shots at it due to Fulgrim being off doing coke with some bois.

Hey, if anyone's interested, pics of the plastic thousand sons have leaked in the 40k thread.

/hhg/, I would like some opinions. I'm looking at getting a Betrayal at Calth set, and later on Burning of Prospero. However, I'm not sure what Legion I want to paint. I've always been fond of the Salamanders, though with the release of Horus Heresy content I've been also considering Emperor's Children, Alpha Legion, early Dark Angels, or perhaps even Iron Warriors (Prospero first in that case). Suggestions/opinions would be nice, and paint jobs would be spectacular.

>Tzangors
I guess 40k IS getting the AoS treatment.

Guess I'm playing 1ksons as my traitor legion....

These would be dead sexy in the FW red

Are HH recasts on eBay worth buying?

Hey! That was me asking for it!
Now there are two of us :).

So Children of Sicarius link anyone?

I'm actually impressed! And I really like that they're using Tartaros terminator armor.

This will be a big change for HH... TS players will inevitably want to use these kits in 30k. Why not? FW's legion-specific Contemptor model had the same headgear, so we know that it wasn't only a post-rubric decoration.

Yeah. I've been looking over these (and the power armour rubicae) for tzeentch iconography and there really doesn't seem to be that much actually sculpted on. I think using those two boxes as pre-rubic TSons should be pretty legit.

>And I really like that they're using Tartaros terminator armor.

Yeah, I might get some bits from those and the Prospero termies make a tartaros praetorian.

>Tartaros terminator armor.
>Rubrics are slow and purposeful
Ah..

Jesus that writing is terrible

I think it's intentional. It makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective. Plus what symbolism there is looks like the prospero cults.

There's a bit of Iron Warriors fatigue here, and I think they're a little less interesting to play, too. (Lots of ranged shooting, no morale checks for taking shooting casualties - morale is a bigger part of 30k than 40k.)

Dark Angels don't look very interesting right now unless you love Land Raiders and dull paint schemes, but they should be fully fleshed out in about a year (book 8).

Emperor's Children are probably the weakest of the legions, rules-wise. It's a small difference since they're all Space Marines, but they're the finesse army. Their special rules really require them to get the charge. They're also less likely to use Mk III armor and Cataphractii. On the plus side, their Maru Skara rite of war lets a lot of them outflank - that means you can get away without buying transports.

Salamanders and Alpha Legion are both good choices. The Salamanders have great special units, Vulkan's hard as an anvil, but they are slow. They'll need transports or drop pods. Ryan Kimmel (Radio Free Isstvan podcast) plays them using the Orbital Assault rite of war, and he's probably the most rules-savvy of the podcasters. Feel free to email him for list advice once you have a draft.

Alpha Legion need three troops choices if you run their legion-specific RoW (the good one - don't try Headhunter Leviathal) but you'll have that with the plastic boxes. They're a good choice if you aren't going to buy drop pods or vehicles because they get positioning/movement bonuses.

>Talk to the hand
>The hand talks back
What strange blades they have. And it seems TS will be getting Illiastus cannons too?
It's alright, Shrapnel bolts are fine. Who needs AP2 Heavy bolters or Illiastus cannons? Not me. Not me...

So many dreads...

Huh?

which knightly houses were active on the side of the imperium during the heresy? I have a knight that i was going to paint up in my IG scheme for 40k but decided to use it with my space wolves in 30k so want a house that fits fluff wise

>Enrat himself was slain when a squadron of Iron Warriors' Typhon siege tanks began () the Raven Guard at his position, heedless of the casualties caused among their allies.

Unnecessary apostrophe and a missing word.

>I accidentally my Word Bearer allies when I the Raven Guard.
I think the apostrophe is right. Aren't those the Iron Warriors' Typhons?

So, we'll see the origin of the TS bunny ears like we did with the WE ones, won't we? I mean, all rubricae have them, what's up with that?

These could make pretty cool abhuman helots for militia cults.

Army of Dark Compliance
Cult Horde/Tainted Flesh

Veteran Tacticals(Rubric marines)
Tartaros Termis(Rubric Termis)
A shit ton of levy squads(Tzaangors)

Then fill with other Good Stuff(TM) legion gubbins and go to town.

I would do this if I wasn't going to start collecting after Inferno.

I could see them being allied with Rainbow Warriors.

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?N=2510756053 366030045 3855522993&_requestid=6946431 made to order deamonettes!

Okay I must be insane or have been living under a rock. Where the fuck did those come from?

OK, so after quite a lot of reading about Xana II, I still can't figure out how to paint them "officially", so I thought id use both common schemes, with more red and brass replacing light brown as the importance of the individual increases.

Robots, vehicles and Knights will be variations on House Malinax colours, so basic armour colour is Zandri Dust with various washes and highlights, with some blood red to break it up a bit.

Thing is, the only scheme recipes I have found require airbrushes to do well. Can you get a good armour panel without one, or will the differences between layers be too apparent? Never used one and don't particularly want to spend the money just to do my few big bots and Knights.

imo, "Iron Warriors" is used as an adjective in that sentence, which means it shouldn't have a possessive apostrophe. If it said "the Iron Warriors' Typhons," I think it'd be right. But I'm not 100% sure.

They're new just been "leaked" (deffo by GW)

They're for the Wrath of Magnus, which is part 2 of Warzone Fenris where the YIFFIES FINALLY GET BTFO AFTER YEARS OF BEING WOLF MARY SUES

>takes the combined efforts of Thousand Sons, Chaos demons, Dark Angels, and other Loyalist detachments to destroy the Space Wolves once and for all
>BTFO

ok kid

> YIFFIES FINALLY GET BTFO AFTER YEARS OF BEING WOLF MARY SUES
>Implying
Dude I'm a huge TSfag and I know this isnt gonna work out well for us. Ahriman is totally playing Magnus and will escape with mcguffin causing Magnus to lose. Logan one hits him back to the warp and Bjorn tells a cool story. Fin.

Post yfw Space Wolves lose their entire star system to Chaos infestations + exterminatus spam and become a chapter based fleet on the run from the Dark Angels task force.

*fleet based chapter

Is that really Magnus? Isn't he a shard or something nowadays? Anyway, like hell the SW will lose a Warzone.
Loyalists always win
Didn't they retcon the 13th Black Crusade?

>Mfw SW all get turned to Wulfen and they solo the 13th Black Crusade

13th Black Crusade was retconned from a Chaos pyrrhic victory with inevitable containment and extermination by the Imperial Navy to Imperium getting BTFO and on the verge of total collapse.

Why are the Angels bombing Fenris, though?

>Isn't he a shard or something nowadays?
No.

Justice.

>Because a long time ago, my daddy beat up your daddy.

Don't they simply duel the crap out of each other and call it a day? It's not like it's the SW's fault that Caliban is gone

You're talking about the one legion that has never given up a grudge.