Write something that you hate of a game that you love

Write something that you hate of a game that you love.

Write something that you love of a game that you hate.

>There are almost infinite playstyles and decktypes that encompass a whole myriad of strategies which can cater to any kind of player

>People only ever play the same 4 decks

love GURPS - I hate that I can't play it
hate D&D - I love that I don't play it

>Endless splatbooks

>Everyone plays it

Reign (and ORE in general) - Not any specific thing, but a bunch of minor issues can stack up
>what do height and width mean again in this roll?
>why is it harder to dodge a headshot than a limb hit?
and so on. Nothing huge, but plenty of weird edge cases.

Fate - Aspects, especially scene aspects, are something that I thought would be one of the worst parts of the system, but they've ended up being some of my favorites. I've used them as a way of organizing situations to improve my GMing.

Love Cyberpunk 2020
Hate the hacking rules

Hate Shadowrun
Love that my friends also hate it

I hate automatic fire in CoC
I love the non-binary results of PbtA.

>Monte Cuck can't into balance, requiring GM intervention to make certain foci and abilities not shit

>CthulhuTech's system, while absolute garbage, still has some very interesting details in their magic system, and the high level of detail for their mechs. Also the core book has some amazing art. Very interested in the second edition.

Rifts is a broken mess of poorly laid out rules.

3.5 has a lot of players.

I hate how badly worded the rules are in X-wing minis.
I love how you can combine different sets of munchkin.

You mean the old or the new (7th Edition) automatic fire rules? The new ones aren't that bad--

The amount of effort it takes to set up a game; I envy GMs of specialized systems that can throw a book or two at newbies a week before the game and expect *something.*

Aspects/tags are great for games where you just need stuff to stay abstract; funky magical rituals that are a pain in the ass to bean-count for are as easy as "apply tag: X to everyone in radius."

>Hacking will never, ever have a good system and no GM is willing to put up with the cumbersome rules of the ones we do have

>I guess my friends really like playing Space Marines

Love
>The ridiculous, over the top battles we get into where we all shine
Hate
>That we can't seem to not NOT get into fights anymore as most enemies at just kill on sight mindless killers

Rifts rules are spread out over 40 books.

Pathfinder has the best chance for finding a game in my area

>damn it there goes my discretionary money again

>it lets me hang with friends.

It needs a better enemy. 4 tiers of melee enemy, ranged enemy, and giant spitting worms isn't all that interesting, espescially when you get well and truly established.

It's a nice twitch shmup. Which is all that can be said for it.

wait, this isn't /v/. where am i?

Masquerade - the fact that it's kind of tied to the 90s gothpunk thing
Myfarog - Talking about real-world religious issues and the gods and all that in a frank manner. D&D has gone through phases where they shy away from it because of the Satanic Panic shit. Everyone has been more careful about that kind of thing ever since then. Etc.

Gloom: low skill, high luck

Pathfinder/3.5: it's very easy to find people to play with

>the pseudo-perverted misanthropic furries that are 1-10% of Werewolf: the Apocalypse and always Magical Forest That Guy, causing everyone to associate the game with cheese, danger and sex obsessions just because breeding is a background fluff that's important to the setting.

>can't think of any games I hate that I actually play.

is that factorio my man

The company, while run by great guys, really hurt their rep (and the game's) by being incompetent at general business stuff. Really, really great game and minis though.

The models and lore are awesome and are what got me into war gaming in the first place.

Guess what they are, teegee.

>Shadowrun - Rules for deckers are the most stupid thing ever, why do we need a whole new RPG in a RPG.

>Yugioh - All these "Legendaries" and all their conditions are way more flavorful than everything magic ever did. When you finally play something crazy it's way more rewarding.

>D&D 5e
I hate that so many sacred cows went un-slaughtered and that martials still aren't allowed to have nice things.

>Dark Heresy
When the players get a decent grip of the rules and combat begins to flow properly, it actually feels really good.

That is indeed factorio, sir.

Seriously though, the first post-release update should be better enemies. The bitters are a real and present early game threat, but become little more than speed bumps around mid-game, even on high density, and are little more than a rollup carpet lategame. They become more tedious than anything to deal with.

Same sort of problem Creeper world had, really-really hard early game, mop up late game.

>d&d 5e
holy fuck the books are all terrible, why are half the page numbers missing, why is the dmg so shitty outside of encounter balance and magic item rules

>fate
its character creation is nice, neat framework to use even outside of the system

40k -> GW are fucking kikes

Shigmar -> It's easy to teach to newfags

>Malifaux
Activation control.
I've started adding two Raptors to my Toni crew when I go up against certain players just to help minimise their complete activation domination.

>Warmahoardes
Most of my 40k friends moved to it, so I'm never without a friendly opponent.
If it wasn't for the small size and Cyriss, the Metropolis faction, I'd of never even bothered with it personally.

2d10 + skill is a good mechanic (just that focking setting...)
I can't get a good playerbase together because people don't like playing normal folks in a dark fantasy world.

>Guess what they are, teegee.

the second one is 40k.

the first one i don't know because i generally don't care about the personae responsible for a game or a company's business decisions.

Fate Accelerated doesn't offer enough long-term growth to make extended campaigns rewarding.

D&D 4e is an excellent 'gateway drug' for introducing wargamers and board gamers to TTRPG's.

The translation's really dodgy in some places, and the rules are pretty complex to teach.

I... can't think of a ruleset I actually hate.

>things I hate about a game I love
massive balance issues, expensive, waac-fags, made by a soulless company (although it seems to get better), blatant fluff violations, fluff contradicts itself, retcons

>things I love about a game I hate
cool (though inconsistent) fluff. great models. i would really collect and play every faction if i could afford it money- and time-wise. those ally-factions (machine priests, shakespearean space ninja elves, fuckhueg piloted walkers, alien killers, extra guards, alien rapists). chill players. fluff-fags.

guess what they are, tg :)

WHFB and WH40K?

>Hate in a game I love
nWoD
I hate the way it gimped Vampires, making them easy pickings until they reach BP 3-4

>Love in a game I hate
Fate
I love the "screw your fellow players to give them re-rolls" mechanic, mostly because it gets fun on non-serious oneshots with friends.

>SenZar
The decision to put most of the setting information and the mutation rules into supplementary books really doesn't help when those supplements were never released.

>Pathfinder
The scads of supplements make it the perfect generic system for people afraid of the term 'generic system'.

close to the mark. they are 40k and 40k

>D&D 5E could've been so much better if they'd killed a few more sacred cows and hadn't made as many things the same to cater to whining 3aboos.
>Exalted has a crazy backstory and the fluff of the setting and how the whole exaltation thing works is pretty goddamned rad.

we'll have none of that catty bullshit here

It teaches role-players retarded videogame logic and spawns endless balance and build threads, the rules have become the game, rather than something that you use to keep the play flowing smoothly.

It's success put role-playing games on the map.

Love these threads.

Love FantasyCraft: The game is really fucking confusing. I love the rules to death, but holy fuck there are so many unique systems and a very specific way that you are supposed to run things.

Hate Warcraft RPG: It tones down racial abilities and instead allows you to take "racial levels" in lieu of class levels to balance races while still giving you the option of getting their signature abilities. They completely fuck up the power level of these racial classes, but I think the idea itself is the best thing to come out of the game.

Boardgame edition

>Dead of Winter

Item teleportation. You can instantly (and freely) send stuff you find while out of camp back to people in camp, but it takes an action to hand a gun to someone standing right next to me? Kills the entire immersion of the game.

>Battlestar Galactica

The traitor mechanism in the BSG board game is, I feel, the best implementation of it anywhere. And despite it being thrown in to almost every social game lately, it has never been done so interestingly and thematically as it was in BSG. Too bad the entire rest of the game is absolute shit.

>pic not related

Let me guess, DnD for both?

I love Pathfinder's combat and setting

I hate it's forced diversity quotas and cuckgressive agenda

Nah the first one has to be 3.P ... that game is purely for rules autismos at this point.

I think it's 3e onwards and then pre-3e.

Why would you name your dishwasher mode 'Casual'? "Oh, we're just going to have a casual wash here, no big deal"?

All those trips and your mother still does your laundry

GURPS has too much shit in it it's. 3./Path's feats/splats flood x10.
While I can't stand 4e's classes or powers, I love everything else about it.

I don't know man, I just save the images.

Actually, I saved this back in 2014 when it was cool to hate on 4e so I should probably find a better title, but I like that it's historical.

Oh, it's a washer-dryer mode. That would explain why I've not seen it on my home machine, that's got a separate dryer.

Fantasy Craft's rulebook has a shit layout and nobody wants to run it.

D&D 3.5 has a large variety of options for players to choose from.

>dishwasher
>dish
>washer
>dish
It's a fucking clothes washing machine.

Are you that reliant on your mother to do your laundry you can't even tell the two apart?

Wait, no, it does have casual mode, it's just called permanent press instead. What it doesn't have is bulky items.

I know right? We all know that you can only wash dishes in hardcore mode

>Chalice dungeons and gem farming in Bloodborne
>Warframe's designs give me boners

>mfw when I thought I was on /v/

Kill me, I'm sorry.

Love about something you hate: I find the system one of the most easily get-able systems in the universe. Shame the games that use it are edgelordy wank with a billion books though. World of Darkness

Hate about something I love: The lack of quality control and published errata outside of forums Savage Worlds

It's super fucking hard to be a traitor in BSG; but anyway I kinda like it because I play BSG occasionally with my larper friends who put on ambient sounds, have overhead lights and such that really set the BSG-ish atmosphere, makes the game not feel super shit. I mean, it does take 12 hours to play, but it's one of the better board games out there in my opinion.

>Cyberpunk - how boring, trial/error, and robotic character creation is

>Deadlands - how interesting, straightforward, and flavorful character creation is