Will the Unification Wars ever become a game?

Will the Unification Wars ever become a game?

Will Techno-barbarians and Thunder Warriors ever receive (proper) models?

Or should this near-forgotten era remain just that?

Don't you worry, GW is sure to make a pre-HH cashgrab set of $50 models, followed by "age of strife: the game"

>Tfw Dark Age of Technology will never be anything other than fluff

Stahp just stahp we don't need more of this shit, just support and develop what we already have. We can't even get 40k right we don't need Unification Wars.

Turns out they had Space Marines in power armor in DAoT

Just play a Post-Apoc Skirmish game and add a psychic phase and scratchbuild some stuff out of 30k and sci-fi parts.

Fuck that

Scrap the Horus Heresy books and make Great Crusade era books NOOOOWWWWW

>endless possibilities of
>Xeno civilizations
>high tech humans
>Men of Iron
>mysterious lost civilizations
>primarchs doing cute primarch things
>everyone is happy
>everyone is fine
>future looks great

I just want an explanation for the fucking Halo Devices.

3rd edition 40k had so much mystery in it. It needs more now, not less.

Ok. I assume you're talking about the ones covered in the Dark Heresy RPG books?

Halo Devices are a method the Yu'Vath invented when they were fighting their primordial wars. The devices take over a sentient biological being, morphs its biology to a form that was once "suitable" for the low-atmosphere, high-radiation worlds the Yu'vath preferred their mortal slaves to suffer on.

Each Halo Device contains a singular, incredibly ancient mind. It's neither an AI, nor a daemon, nor a xenos creature, but somehow is a blend of all three.

When the Yu'vath ruled, the Halo Devices were their prime instruments of control, the peak of their slave hierarchy. Egarians implanted with the devices became crystal waifs of warp-energy and madness, building cities that traveled through time and warped the material realm merely by existing. Eldar became twisted lords of torture and sorcery, creatures that lived more in the Warp than out of it. Rak'Gol, created by the reclusive Bone Ambassadors as a peace offering to the once and future empire, became cunning leader-beasts, capable of regenerating from a scrap of flesh and destroying thousands without tiring. The flesh-crafting Adrantis.

Humans are weak, inferior hosts, and without the necessary radiation and warp energy to activate them, the Halo Devices have a long gestation. The end result is always hideous. An Astartes might fare far better, and rumours of Navigators tainted by the ancient Yu'Vath taint are dangerous in the extreme.

I think that's for the best honestly

I felt more that it was bare bones and shallow. When I bought a Rogue Trader, THAT introduced the mystery of the setting. You have to actually plant seeds to let someone's imagination go wild. 3rd ed. was shallow and kind of dull.

I would be all over this. Base infantry for thunder warriors should be terminator sized, considering they described them as being physically bigger than a space marine.

Well, we already know that both machines and sapient organisms can be demonically possessed.

A custom-engineered cybernetic organism (of non-terrestrial biological origin) acting as a Daemonhost seems pretty straightforward to me.

I would hope for the Emperor's faction which has Adeptus Custodes, Thunder Warriors and pre-Imperial Army against factions that are stereotypes of the old nations of Earth.

For example, the American faction being called the 2nd Amenders or the Russia faction being called the Hammers and Sickles.

Isn't that just Dark Future and Battlecars?

My salamanda, the setting has lost it's charm as it became over developed. Old 40k fluff, I'd say 3rd and before, was great. The HH shit is a terrible mistake.

I'd like to say this would never happen, but I thought they'd never flesh out the Horus Heresy , so who knows

Vaguely recall someone at FW supposedly saying years ago they'd be interested after they were done with the HH.

Aye, too much very bad explanations.

It would beat any sort of point in warhammer 40k. There's plenty of better scifi games set in ages of technological progress

The Eldar and Orks could be interesting.