What the fuck

What the fuck.

I am your normie. I have been playing RPGs since 1988.

I have always had a group of buds, but work brought me to a new city, so I asked Veeky Forums, and you told me the address of my FLGS.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Pot-bellied mongloids surrounded the table with the girl who had down-syndrome and was soliciting trades for pokemon cards, while one fat-faggot lectured her on the difference between a hive mind and a collective. I have no explanation for that part.

It freaked me the fuck out. The Korean dude at the counter was "tsshh" too-cool to sell me Sword Coast Adventures and four dial-upgrades to X-Wing.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

Holy shit. I am in the 13th largest city in the USA. This is the most-disgusting shit that I have EVER seen. FUCK my FLGS. I will never give them one dollar, ever again. I was creeped-the-fuck out by you people.

I would rather play a game made out of dildos produced from my own turds. What the fuck is wrong with gaming? Holy-fucking-shit.

I have never been this creeped by anything since spiders.

Triggered. Where the FUCK is my safe space, and how many points are we playing for?

I desperately want my FLGS to go out of business, and the whole thing to run on people to-whom I am never connected, over the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_urban_agglomerations_in_North_America
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agglomerations_by_population
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Florida

What were you expecting?

You're going in with the wrong attitude, think of it as a freak show.

I moved. I really like my hobbies. I am freaked out so hard, that this is the people that I share them with.

I know that feel. Though my experience was on a much smaller (and less horrific) scale due to there being less people here.

You should have taken a different job. You should not have come here. It is too late for you now however. There is no removing the taint that this hellhole leaves upon you. Consider suicide to save your eternal soul from the damnation that this place brings upon all of its inhabitants.

Also
>not JUST Florida but fucking MIAMI
Dude this place is pure fucking evil.

>miami

13th. I'm in Jacksonville. The store that creeped me the fuck out was Cool Stuff Games. There were five guys surrounding a really-obviously-retarded girl with downs-syndrome. That was literally the creepiest thing that I have ever seen, in my entire life.

Fat people and retards out in public? The horror! I'm so sad that you had to be reminded of yourself in public and get so triggered.

Since when in the fuck is Jacksonville that big?

>I am in the 13th largest city in the USA
That's San Francisco. I live in SF and that doesn't sound like SF. And your picture implies that you live in Florida.

I'm gonna assume that you meant that you live in the 12th largest city in the US, Jacksonville

t. pedant

Florida was a mistake. There's nothing of value there.

Dude, I was stunned. I found out about a month before I moved here. It's the 13th largest city in the USA. Which makes it, basically, the 13th largest city that is not in Asia. And it's weird and gross.

Huh well then. Also like i said earlier you should have taken a different job. This state is fucking HORRIBLE.

You win, probably. I am happy to accept your defining my home-town as what I really meant. I would prefer to think about it.

> Florida

You brought this on yourself.

>Cool Stuff Games

What the fuck were you expecting with a name like that faggot?

That sounds like the exact kind of place human trash congregates.

I moved here. I asked Veeky Forums. It was the store that was recommended to me (and is like 10 blocks away, so sounded convenient).

I just wanted to meet some nerds. I was thinking "oh, they have read books before."

Nerds don't read books.

I swear I do. If I put a poem in front of you, and it took you more-than ten-seconds to tell me whether it was TS Eliot, Shakespeare, Milton or Byron, then what the hell does "nerd" mean, any more?

Poetry is shit.

Downs is hot.

Don't start this. I am literally incapable of resisting.

THANK YOU
Any retard
Can put
UNNECESSARY PAUSES
In the middle
Of prose and
Say that
It's poetry
It's total
Fucking
Bullshit

What's the difference
Between poetry
And bad typesetting?
?
?!?
Absolutely
Nothing

This is the most autistic shit I've seen in weeks. Poetry has existed for millennia. It has developed independently in multiple different cultures. You can't just dismiss something like that because you don't like it.

Poetry is verse. This isn't actually complex. Put meter into your sentences."It's potery" is "Hard soft soft hard" and "It's total" is "hard hard soft." Which isn't verse, and isn't poetry. This is less complex and vague than you pretend.

Cool stuff is the containment card game shop for jacksonville. Check out Borderlands if you want actual tabletop and wargamers support from a store. It's run by an old school grog that was an armored recce commander during the cold war. Excellent dude and can find just about anything you need. Just a heads up he has a tendency to drag you into half an hour long conversationsabout the most random shit you could imagine.

There's another game shop named FlGS that's alright, only been there a few times honestly but it seems okay.

God bless and good luck out there kid. Welcome to hell.

That wasn't us mang, that was Florida.

Gracias. I'll go buy some X-Wing, tomorrow, as my test run. 'Cuz I could always use more X-Wing and it's an excuse.

More.

Oh, I guess that I haven't truly grasped poetry. My comment wasn't nearly as good as this piece by one of the most important figures in modern poetry

CHICKEN.

Pheasant and chicken, chicken is a peculiar third.

CHICKEN.

Alas a dirty word, alas a dirty third alas a dirty third, alas a dirty bird.

CHICKEN.

Alas a doubt in case of more go to say what it is cress. What is it. Mean. Why. Potato. Loaves.

CHICKEN.

Stick stick call then, stick stick sticking, sticking with a chicken. Sticking in a extra succession, sticking in.
So good ;__;

Translation:

I went there and was That Guy so I got booted. Now I rag on them.

Evil.. and blue.

Bad poetry exists. What do you want me to say? Yep: that sucks, and some people can't tell the difference.

It's physically big, not super populated. Most of that space is empty.

I walked in, picked up one book and four model-packs, paid and left. I dunno how long it took, but it was less than five minutes. And that's how long it took me to be creeped out. I said "hi" to every person who met my eyes, and they all looked away and freaked out.

All I'll say is if every state had Mandatory Reporting logs where the local sheriff had to announce literally every call they get to the local news (who boot the funny up the chain) all states would have similar stories.

If something can be expressed in a poem, then it can be expressed even better in full sentences.

For some reason society has decided that poetry is intellectual and meaningful so jackasses pretend to love it and force their children to pretend to love it until they get Stockholmed.

It's like writing something without using the letter 'E'. It might be impressive (emphasis on "might"), but it doesn't make it good

>tfw my uncle lives in FL
>sort of ran himself over too, under different circumstances.

You should stick to that story like sweaty balls on your chin.

First off you are in Florida, the place where a guy decided to become a real life zombie, where a woman would jog around random blocks across her county completely naked, a guy tried to cash a check he had written in crayon for 308 billion dollars so he could make the world's largest underwater restaurant, and a lot of other crazy shit.

Second, you walked into a 'PLGS' or a "Personal Local Game Store" where people basically like a hobby enough that they open a store so their friends have a place to hang and they can make some money off the pokemon crowd.

There was a store like that near me, but the owner got arrested for doing a lot of shady shit. He would do stuff like open pokemon boxes, weighing the booster packs, and open the ones with shiny cards to sell directly. He would then sell the less valuable packs from the box to kids. The town found out that he was screwing around with the minds of 2-3 schools worth of kids and used the entire book to actually give him jail time and start his business' foreclosure.

Nah. Cool Stuff serves as Jacksonville containment card game shop where all the shitters and rejects go. Depending on what you want out of a gamestore you have better options available.

>If something can be expressed in a poem, then it can be expressed even better in full sentences.
If it isn't in full sentences? Then it isn't poetry. Good poetry makes something that is entertaining because of the manner in which it properly uses grammar. But it never fails to use it properly.
>For some reason society has decided that poetry is intellectual and meaningful so jackasses pretend to love it and force their children to pretend to love it until they get Stockholmed.
Nah. For some reasong? Society has decided that poetry is "lol I wrote words that make no sense" and pays zero attention to actual poetry.

>First off you are in Florida, the place where a guy decided to become a real life zombie, where a woman would jog around random blocks across her county completely naked, a guy tried to cash a check he had written in crayon for 308 billion dollars so he could make the world's largest underwater restaurant, and a lot of other crazy shit.
So basically nobody needs to play RPGs because the entire population is some variety of PC already.

You sound like a fucking asshole

>Society has decided that poetry is "lol I wrote words that make no sense" and pays zero attention to actual poetry.
That's an inevitable consequence of putting poetry on a pedestal even though it's not very good. If you keep telling people that Shakespeare's sonnets were the best English literature and nothing in the last 400 years has touched it and don't really give any concrete justifications for it, then why should they respect the art form? Apparently all that matters is the critics' consensus, so why bother making something good if you can just make something that makes people feel smart?

That dude is so sad for what he did.

Exactly, living in Florida is like living in a larp. They got all kinds of lizards and gators that can kill you if you're not careful. They have torrential rain in some parts that can cause crazy lightning strikes. And every time you walk up to a stranger its like a random encounter, you might get attacked by a guy using a fish as a club, a woman trying to use her heel to stab you, or a kindly old wizard that is willing to share his wisdom with you... and we haven't even talked about all the dungeons, fairytale lands, and crazy, otherworldly locations there either.

Dude no. Shakespeare's work was the greatest work of any poet who has ever written in English. It's not because of the form of the Elizabethan sonnet. It's because of the WORK.

And finding out why that's good is up to you. The critics are only relevant to people who also care enough to read a shit-load of it.

The large plot of land owned by one Walt Disney Company. Then again, that place might as well be its own country with how removed it is from the rest of the state. The only thing it seems to share is the temperature.

>Shakespeare's work was the greatest work of any poet who has ever written in English.
>there are people who actually believe this
Just come out of Year 12 English, have we?

Right? It's not as if every poet, across the face of planet Earth, thinks that there is exactly one poet who can possibly contend with Shakespeare. And he wrote in Ching-chong-rice-language..

You literally just told me that you don't need to justify why Shakespeare is objectively better than every other English writer. That is exactly what I was complaining about. That exact kind of mindset is the reason that shitty writers hide their shit by calling it poetry. Because they know you poet fanboys will justify it no matter what.

Wikipedia has it 12th by population.

Let me tell you what makes Shakespeare great.

The fans.

You're right, Shakespeare isn't that great. However, we developed within the medium he worked in such a way that he got a lot of people to feel his works on an emotional level, and dedicated themselves to aspiring to the "true" aspirations of Shakespeare.

In other words, the Shakespeare fandom was(and is) one of the most autistic groups ever, putting his works on such a pedestal and being inspired by it to such a point that when they perform it, they put it on such a pedestal that it makes it mean something more, adding depth and such.

Basically, Shakespeare is the precursor to Steven Universe Fans on Tumblr obsessing over a fairly decent, but not amazing, show that they end up creating better art and (slightly)deeper stories than what's actually being shown.

You're right, though. It's a value-judgement. Good poetry, by the measure of both good poets and people who care a lot about poetry, is valued based on the amount of a particular craft that goes into it. It's using words well, to make to captivate your reader with the presence of the language that you write.

It's totally a subjective thing. Just to get to a point where you can even start to enjoy that requires a shitload of enterprise. You have to start from "hey, what are they doing" to "hey, I want to learn why they do it" to "hey, I want to understand why they like it" to "hey, I started to understand what is neat about it." And that's just to get to the most-basic level of thinking it's cool.

It's not objectively better. But everyone in the world who is educated on the subject will, subjectively, agree that it is,

Except college sophomores.

>to make to captivate
Because I'm obviously retarded and drunk. Ignore the "to make" part of that.

That George Bernard Shaw was a total college sophomore, amirite?

Do you get how that's totally true, though?

I mean do you understand how he's the version of poetry that Ayn Rand is to college sophomores for philosophy?

I'm not gonna argue with you that these are objective facts--they definitely are not. But Wilde and Shaw both suck and are lame. And you're gonna read more, and agree with me.

Florida's not so bad. It's really easy to make a living there doing whatever you do. Price of living is cheap, no state taxes, the only real redneckville is in the upper 1/3 of the state or so deep in the Everglades that unless you're of the folk you'll never go there anyway.

It's like a hotel room. It's simple and pleasant enough, but at the same time it's pretty bland.

What city are you in, OP? I used to live in Tampa.

>If you don't agree with me it's only because you haven't read enough
Good argument. Almost as compelling as your argument that the onus is on me to prove your point for you ;)

Stereotypes exist for a reason, Op.

>Wanted nerds

You fucked up.

Those aren't nerds, they're geeks. Huge difference. Nerds are STEM, literature, arts, et all. Geeks are pop culture. They often have interest overlap but aren't the same thing

Anyway you essentially described why table gaming and cards are still niche despite their huge base and profitability. Game shops are THEIR safe space, not yours, normie. Reeeeeee

>You can't just dismiss something like that because you don't like it.

Where do you think you are, user?

I'm not arguing with you. It's trite, and you are going to discover that and, before you discover that? It's gonna seem profound.

Did you ever watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer? You and me are both Spike. I know exactly why you believe what you do, and I know that I can't argue you out of it. You'll believe me in three years.

If I confronted your claims? You'd just spend so much time challenging what I said that I would eventually get bored, and you would proclaim yourself the winner. And that's good, and I'm glad that you wanna do it. But I'm pretty drunk, so let's skip it.

But I know biology like-what, and computers, and social skills, and I get paid a lot of money for it. And I just want to find some normal-ass people to play some fucking Forgotten Realms with.

Well, don't let one experience scare you off. Shop around. Look for fliers advertising games. Check websites as the internet is increasingly the refuge of people who want to game but have jobs and shit.

The freakshow is off-putting. But they keep these stores in business.

As for the clerk being a dick yeah fuck him, maybe the fact they're so big has gotten in their heads but anyone willing to shell out bucks for plastic crack aught to get their dick sucked

You seem like a delightful person

Thanks bud. I heart-emoji you.

Screenshotted your post. It was pretty amazing

Cool. Just don't misinterpret it.

It is way, way, way too late into the twenty-first century for you to bleach your hair.

I don't watch Buffy. I watched a couple episodes and it was cringe garbage.

The population of an LGS is almost always the dregs of the hobby.

These are the people with no friends, people that would be or have been kicked out of all the other gaming groups, people that no-one would invite into their homes.

Given that playing at home with friends or at a private club is simply better there is no reason to play at an LGS other than being so defective that it is their only option.

That hurts my feelings and, since you're talking to me on the internet, you therefore lack any semblance of humanity.

Or it was a tv show that I referenced 'cuz it was on my mind and is not relevant to you in any way,

One of two, for sure, because everything in the world can be broken down into a totally-reasonable dichotomy of A vs B, and I picked a tv show.

Are you a retard? There are large cities not in either America or asia

Africa is not a place, and Europe is adorable. And Australia prolly exists, but who cares?

>It's gonna seem profound.
Sure, if you think that puns that can only be understood by studying sound changes that have occured in English since Shakespeare's days are profound. On the other hand though, if you think that puns are profound you probably should get out some more.

Even in North America, Jacksonville is 38th

Don't bother with that moron.

Biggest city in America is the 23rd biggest in the world.

Not even top 200 world wide.

What the fuck.

I am your elf. I have been living in the forest since 988.

I have always had a group of buds, but a quest brought me to a new forest, so I asked Veeky Forums, and you told me the address of my dwarven mine.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Pot-bellied dwarves surrounded the table with the goblin who had down-syndrome and was soliciting trades for tarokka cards, while one fat-faggot lectured her on the difference between a wizard and a sorcerer. I have no explanation for that part.

It freaked me the fuck out. The Gnomish dude at the counter was "tsshh" too-cool to sell me Evendur’s Tome of the Arcane and four dial-upgrades to my archmage staff.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

Holy shit. I am in the 13th largest dwarven mine in the kingdom. This is the most-disgusting shit that I have EVER seen. FUCK my mine. I will never give them one copper, ever again. I was creeped-the-fuck out by you people.

I would rather cast a spell made out of negative energy produced from a lich. What the fuck is wrong with spellcasting? Holy-fucking-shit.

I have never been this creeped by anything since mind flayers.

Triggered. Where the FUCK is my safe space, and how many spell levels are we playing for?

I desperately want my dwarven mine to go out of business, and the whole thing to run on people to-whom I am never connected, over the Weave.

That means that they're a poetry aficionado. That doesn't translate over to being a nerd, in modern context at least.

Ehh, it really doesn't work.

>It's the 13th largest city in the USA. Which makes it, basically, the 13th largest city that is not in Asia.
You are adorable. Jacksonville has less than 900k inhabitants. The 36th most populous city in Europe, Dnipro, has 980k. Even without the big numbers in east Europe, London has 8.5 million, Berlin 3.5 million and Madrid 3 million, and they're just third, fifth and sixt place.

>smaller than a city that doesn't even have enough vowels in its name

Jacksonville is the 12th largest

>Europe is adorable
>Europe has three cities more populated than New Fucking York

I'm sorry, exactly what part of that was so awful? That people were fat and/or ugly? That they had interests you don't share? Why would you care about any of that, let alone have such an extreme reaction?

"Largest city" is essentially meaningless, because it has more to do with arbitrarily defined city limits than with the actual concentration of population. For instance, Wikipedia actually lists Jacksonville as being the 12th largest city in the US. Atlanta? 39th. What you want to look at are the largest urban agglomerations. There, Atlanta places 14th in North America (12th in the US), and Jacksonville isn't even in the top 50. By the way, the largest urban agglomeration in North America is actually Mexico City, which edges out New York City.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_urban_agglomerations_in_North_America
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agglomerations_by_population

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agglomerations_by_population
Holy fuck! Guangzhou is more than twice the size of New York City.

None of which changes the fact that a city which doesn't even have seven figure population ain't shit.

If you're looking at how big the urban sprawl is, and not just the arbitrarily-defined city limits, both Atlanta and Jacksonville have seven-figure populations. Not counting Alpharetta, Marietta, Woodstock and so forth as part of Atlanta is a bit like not counting the five boroughs of New York as part of the same city.

>at a private club
Tell me more...

>I don't like people that share my hobbies!
Okay. Nice blog, by the way.

Oh, wow, never thought someplace I go to regularly would be called out with such vim and vigor. When did you go?

Me and my broheims are there every Wednesday playing heavy games (barely lost a game of Forbidden Stars last week). I think that's also when some RPers from the pathfinder society show up, but I'm just there for the heavy games.

I'd tell you to feel free and come introduce yourself, but you sorta seem like a twat.

Here, friend. I can't post the link because of filters, but there is a Florida Man twitter account. Florida Man, the story of the world's worst superhero. (Underscore)FloridaMan all one word.

This is what you get for living in Florida.