Hello, wh40k lore question here. Someone says Tau plant mind control chips in people's brains to control them...

Hello, wh40k lore question here. Someone says Tau plant mind control chips in people's brains to control them, but I just read some stuff on willing converts: warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gue'vesa

Are willing converts also inserted with the brain control chips or not?

It is important for autistic argumentative reasons that will be of no consequence but I would really like to know if anyone has the answer or if the chip thing is even true.

There is no mind control chips for humans.

The Vespids might be or not be mind controlled by their communication helmets. That's it.

Thanks, it makes a really big difference to how ethical the Tau really are. I've been arguing they're the only actual good guys in the entire setting.

how ethical they are varies from lore source to lore source. The general gist is that they'd be considered pretty bad by modern, 21st century earth standards, like some modern communist states, but are sweetness and light compared to the Imperium.

They are as good and ethical as the grimderpness of the autistic-14-year-old-pandering future allows them to be.

they're not good guys. they're just a bit less bad than eldar or imperium.

try to secede from them or ask too many questions...

Not yet. But every edition they've been getting a bit more 1984 esque. I give it one or two more codecies before that's more than just implied. Hell, the mind control is already pretty heavily implied when it comes to their ruling class' relation with the masses

ah, it's heavily implied that they used some kind of mind-boggling creature to keep an inquisitor with them (and the guy even pilots a Crisis)

The ruling class does seem to send "happy thoughts" for your "own good" through out their society. You can't otherwise explain how they keep the Kroot in line, when even Tau soldiers mention they are a bit freaked out by them.

The entire Kroot culture is quite similar to a genestealer cult , since they actively seek out various species to absorb their genetical material, presumably through "cannibalising". The main difference is that they focus mostly on absorbing positive traits from their opponents and stick to a spartan-esque lifestyle to maintain good gene quality.

I'm sure that a medieval peasant would despise the modern world. The future doesn't like you either. You are alien to it.

The Tau are total faggots you god damn heretic.

I'm getting the fucking commissar. This is bullshit. I am not going to sit here and put up with you calling those expansionist blue-blooded freaks the "good guys".

These autistic fucking blue frog men keep fucking creeping into sacred imperial space and I have to sit here listening to some fucking ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL BULLSHIT from this Tau sympathizer.

GO FUCK A XENOS CUNT, BRB COMMISSARIAT.

The Ethereals don't need fancy tech to control people. On the other hand, Tau gets their training and education partially from neurochips like any other self-respecting future society.

Please be gentle.

Typical fucking xenos drivel.

Yeah in third ed they were platonic society Federation.
Now they are slightly subtle gunship dealing cardassians.

Brave New World.

Bitch ass xenos don't even use the Warp. Buncha blue pussies.

They use. They just don't put the ass ready for a demon pounding.

The Tau should represent humanity during the Dark Age of Technology in all its glory and all its horror.

These affronts to the machine god have developed less tech than I've bloody well forgotten, and they carry on like top-tier techno-sorcerers.

The amount of heresy in this thread makes me sick and I swear to the Omnissiah that if I hear one more xenos-loving heretic singing the praise of these blue savages I am going to turn them into a fucking servitor.

010101010101010101010011010100101010101FUCKING01010010101010101010101010010101010101010110101010101001010!

++++++++++10010101011+++++++++++++++++++++++++10101010101++++++++--------+++++++++++010101010101++++++++++++++++

+++ HERESY +++

I stand with you tech priest. Need some exteriminatus in this thread

++++0101010101010100101010121011110100101010010101010101010++++

YES.

THIS.

SEE THIS FUCKING TECHNO-SAVANT GETS IT.

IF ONLY OUR HERETICAL FRIEND
OP. WARMASTER OF FAGGOTRY. WOULD UNDERSTAND THE WITHERED AND WEAK STATE OF THE ABOMINATION THAT IS THE XENOS TAU FORM.

IT HASN'T EVEN REPLACED A SINGLE PART WITH A MACHINE. IT PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN INTERFACE WITH THE ABDOMINAL MACHINE SPIRIT OF THAT SHABBY, HERETICAL TECH IT SITS IN.

OMNISSIAHS GHOST I AM FURIOUS.

Don't they mention the Tau encountered some species of mind controlling worm that they brought in to the Empire in the second or third sphere expansion?

If the Tau are so bad, why did you steal technology from them?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They don't have to use mind control on the Kroot. the Kroot owe the Tau a massive debt, and are willing allies. The Tau came in and rescued the Kroot homeworld from an ork invasion, and the two races have been bros ever since.

>how ethical the Tau really are.

There is a looooooottt of secrecy, cultural manipulation, and doublethink going on in the Tau Empire.

Psykers in the Imperium are generally persecuted, while in the Empire they simply "disappear."

Political dissidents in the Imperium are generally branded as heretics and either sent to live on penal worlds, turned into servitors, or killed, while in Tau worlds they simply "disappear."

While the Tau encourage tolerance and acceptance, ask too many questions about who or what you're accepting or question the will of the Ethreals (especially if you're a non-Tau)...and you disappear.

Humans are accepted in the Empire...but they're rarely, if ever, given any real authority, and are always viewed as being largely beneath "real" Tau. They're also not trusted to fight other Humans, because the Tau believe humans will always sympathize with other humans and turn on them (Ironically, the Imperium also believes this, which is why they make every effort to target gue'vesa and either convert them or wipe them out).

In Tau society, every being, no matter their race or skill, has a place in the Empire...and the Tau ensure that you very much stay in that place, or else.

The only difference between the Tau and the Imperium is the coat of paint on them and the Tau's general ignorance of how the galaxy actually works. Nice people do not last in 40K - the only way to survive is to be an asshole.

I wouldn't even call them better than eldar.

Tau are expansionist conquerors. They attack other species and other planets out of a notion of manifest destiny. They very readily blow up entire hive cities, teeming with billions upon billions of citizens, for no purpose but to expand.

Eldar are motivated by two things:

1. Survival.

2. Fighting Chaos.

Their methods are just as brutal as the Tau's but their cause is far more noble. Even Biel-Tan, which is full of Eldar that want to Make the Galaxy Great Again, don't really wage wars of expansionism. They fight to protect Exodites and prevent harm coming to their people. Their wars are defensive, though often pre-emptive, whereas the Tau fight wars of aggression against their neighbors.

>the only way to survive is to be an asshole

I wouldn't say that. Remember that 40K is satire. It's literally about what things like ignorance and xenophobia do to a civilization. Most of the Imperium's problems are a result of its own retarded policies, it's just so far down the rabbit hole now that there's no turning back - they've made enemies of absolutely everyone and created a machine so massive an inefficient that any attempt to change it into something better would break it.

But yeah, the Tau are grim too, they're just not as gothic and skully.

How ethical the Tau are is largely a matter of the writer's perspective.

It doesn't seem like 40k has a "lore bible" like many other settings, or, if it does have one, it is extremely barebones for Tau. Many of the stories written contradict each other.

The result of this lack of cohesion is pretty clear: The Tau Empire is practically schizophrenic when you look at all of the fluff.

It's actually a large problem, as a studio should want each faction to have a distinct "character." It is one of the few things that could actually be solved by a 40k End-Times/Setting "reboot."