EDH/Commander General

Gotta go FAST Edition

Old: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-is-forever/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-11-16-horde-of-notions-edh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't decide between building value/hatebears with Anafenza the Foremost, or a B/W blink/reanimation deck with Obzedat or Ghost Council. Which one is more fun, tg?

first for value secret tech

In terms of Kill-Spells this one for me takes the cake. I always need to justify NOT including it in a black deck. Being able to kill a combo-piece creature or a utility creature with no responses is pretty glorious.

Also in terms of fast removal this is just as good if not better. This one can kill a LOT of combo pieces, and I love seeing smug grins turn into frowns when I play this targeting some important keystone piece. It's very satisfying to see a UGx player reactively reach for their hand and then read the card disappointedly.

In response I'll sac my Fiend Hunter to Phyrexian Altar, returning Mystic Snake. The trigger will target Krosan Grip.

Why do so many people seem to bend their cards when playing them and let go so it makes a slapping noise?

K-Grip isn't Infallible, but if you need to have such a specific board state to counter it, it's probably not getting countered like that any time soon.

The better way to counter it with less of a specific set of corner case circumstances is to just flip up willbender or voidmage apprentice

they like the sound of it and it makes them feel like a big boy

Doesn't stop nim deathmantle combo.

I thought it might be some "the pros do it so their opponent (or judges) hears the card go down if they aren't paying attention".

But yeah being a cunt seems more likely.

Sorry for being off topic, was watching some EDH videos on youtube and the constant card noises were bloody annoying.

So what will next year's commanders be, 5 colored or allied colors?

please use a trip so I can filter you

Given their half- assed development of 4c decks, and their general unwillingness to give us anything interesting, they will never do 5 different 5c decks. Although the idea is very interesting, the design space probably 'Isn't there' according to WotC.

So it will probably be allied colors.

that's hardly off topic. You can see it at nearly any LGS, along with snapping/flicking cards in hand. It's mostly psychological, either a nervous habit or something the player does to give their cards a sense of 'impact' if you get my meaning. More often than not, it's just annoying though.

It will be two monocolored Tiny Leads decks you can mash together into one dual colored Commander deck.

Any other Suggestion what card is should remove/replace?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-is-forever/

I would really like that idea, if they ignored the idiotic 3cmc restriction, and gave the main legends Partner.

I'm confused here. Usually Ghave is either +1/+1 Counters: The Game or Saporlings everywhere.

Is this just abzan goodstuff?

Either way, Gavony Township

I run Willbender in basically every Blue artifact heavy deckI have just for the K-Grip eventuality. My meta is loaded with green decks that all run it, and watching someone's face when I flip Willbender and go "nah, you'll destroy your own Sol Ring instead" is priceless.

The fact that this isnt a 16/16 bothers me every time

But Grizzly Bears is a 2/2 and has 2 Bears on it...

Usually Ghave is Earthcraft combo stax, in pods anyway

??

Any advice for Breya? Running her as a general killing board control deck, have a bunch of token makers/cantrip artifacts to sac, along with some recursion/bounce to keep up the fodder.

yeah that makes sense

it's a bad decklist but I see the Earthcraft combo in there as well as Mike/Trike and Squirrel's Nest + Earthcraft combo

>play with some random dudes at my LGS
>cast my Gonti
>tell opponent that I'm targeting him
>"Any reactions? If no, I'd like to see your top four cards."
>holding my hand out for him to give them to me
>"You're not touching my cards."
>"What?"
>"You're not touching my cards. I'm gonna tell you what they are and keep them here, but you're not touching them."
>"What? that's not how Gonti works. The entire point is that you don't know what I take."
>"Don't care. If you touch my cards, I will kick your fucking teeth in."
What are you even supposed to do in a situation like that? I just picked up my cards and left the table.

You did the right thing, also you could tell the owner that user was a sperg and that's why you're leaving

Why didn't you get him kicked out

I would of touched his cards. If he actually had the gall to touch me, I would've used it as an excuse to beat the shit out of him.

add in this thing

>internet tough guy on a manic episode

You wouldn't do shit, pussy. He wasn't offering his cards to him so what, you were going to lunge across the table and snatch his cards? rofl

You did the right thing. If he refuses to do what your card is telling him to, what's the point of playing?

>another confrontational autist who can't stand to get into real life arguments episode

Grow up kid. It's not like his library wouldn't be within my casual reach.

read the fucking rules

Does anyone have that set of Anguished Unmaking flavor text edits?

The alter is a mana ability

"So you concede?"

If you could, call the Store Owner over. For one, that's a threat of violence. Most store owners are extremely against that.

Secondly, I would have told him to play by the rules. If he cant, then he shouldn't be playing magic. Im sure the other people there thought he was being ridiculous, and I would've called for him to be kicked out of the game for that type of attiude.

Don't need that unhealthy attitude in the atmosphere. We're here to have fun, not be a fucking chode.

>even tripfags know

>I would of touched his cards.
>would of

would have, you fucking mongoloid

I'm sure you would hav touched his cards, then gotten the shit beat out of you and you would have cried like a bitch, I can already imagine a fat blob of a manchild curled together on the floor, surrounded by cheetos dust and empty monster cans screaming about how unfair the world is for your actions having consequences.

That guy was obviously fucking retarded, and the right reaction would be to avoid all further contact with him, maybe even warn the owner of the LGS about as he is a bad influence for the MTG community at the place.

What you DON'T do however, is touch HIS things with him expressly denying permission. It's his property, he decides what to do with it. If it involves acting like a retard and refusing to play actual MtG with it, that's his prerogative, and he will have to take the consequences of that by not being able to play MtG.

Anafenza
ESPECIALLY if you go against mimeo or BG shenanigans

inb4 but he's the owner's relative and he paraplegic

you can filter scarred puma md5

Why did you leave? He should have left. How did the other guys react?

I'm trying to make a birds tribal deck with this guy, I figured he'd do well with all those flyers. Anybody have some general ideas for good Derevi synergy in general plus what kinda creature to spell ratios I should have? I suck at tribal making as I usually just dump like 60 goblins and call it good nuff.

why does it feel like i never have enough mana to do anything with the stock yidris deck?

>I usually just dump like 60 goblins and call it good nuff
That is all what tribal is about.

You could use the GW/BW partners for evasion+draw

You might want to use a different birb, a lot of autists will be cunts about Derevi.

Don't worry, no matter how bad the creatures are, Derevi will make them disgusting.

A friend of mine has a Derevi bird tribal deck. He keeps on claiming his Derevi is balanced because his creatures are bad. Doesn't fucking matter, they are cheap evasive beaters that untap your lands after combat, letting you play out new threats every turn while still leaving your hand up to counter shit, and once you actually play something like a Gilded Lotus or a Bloom Tender you just accidentally get off a 30 mana Blue Sun's Zenith and lock down the board.

Not to mention he keeps on sacrificing his derevi just to play it out and tap down anything that ever poses a threat to him.

So yeah, it doesn't really matter how bad you are at tribal because Derevi will play the deck for you.

Derevi is a cancer.

If you want easy some Infinites add in Eldrazi Displacer, Sword of the Meek and Ashnod's Altar.

Breya + Displacer + Altar = 1 extra mana per usage
Thopter Foundry + Sword of the Meek + Altar = 1 extra mana and 1 life per usage

If you want don't want to use Infinites add in some of the Fabricate creatures from Kaladesh, Thopter Spy Network and some Clue generators to keep a steady stream of artifacts rolling in. You could also add in a Ghirapur Aether Grid to squeeze out one extra point of damage before Breya does her thing.

Like I said, autists will be cunts.

I dunno. I ended up getting lucky and pulling Burgeoning 2/3 times I played it, and the third game was super grindy.

Can't you just, I don't know, add more mana cards?

imo it has plenty already, he's just not drawing them.

I always had plenty of mana when I played stock Ydris.

there is already like 40 lands in the deck though with a bunch of rocks. the problem is way to many lands come in tapped and most of your rocks/duel lands are filter cards

It's cool.

Bump for this

Because the mana curve of the deck is obscene, I know it's to try and maximize the Cascade, but every other spell in that deck costs >6.

Flicking cards is fucking cancer. Do people really need to be this ADD ridden when playing? Check ANY pro tour video or GP. I dare you to find a single pro player that doesn't do it .

>Goyf doesn't even pass the vanilla test in EDH

Is the vanilla test different in EDH or something?

You're google-fu is weak, user.

Thanks bb

lmao you cuck

just tell him the game won't progress until he gives you his top 4 cards, and he loses if he doesn't. if he attacks you then sue him and collect 3000 dollars and use that money to buy 20 og dual lands

I hope they do a cycle of partners with 5 monocolored and 10 triplecolored covering all shards/wedges.

It wouldn't be possible without going 4+ colors for the commanders but the possible color combinations between all 30 partners would be amazing.

>unintelligible beatboxing
Gets me every time.

>wow daughter git gud holy shitttttt

>meta is a fuckfest of every player burning/aggroing everyone else down
>usually die first because i guess im an asshole and i deserve it
>build a lifedrain deck with kokusho
>play with it, lose 1 game, win 2 games just draining everyone
>group complains that it's not fun that i drain so much life
>"ok"
>put gonti in the command zone, deck becomes a goofy fun deck
>play the deck in a new session
>get blown up first every time

what the fuck do you even want me to do

Who works best for Sidar Kondo's Partner/Waifu? I want to stick to three colors, leaning towards Tana

Better than the meta I play in. The majority of my playgroup just wants to durdle the whole game or mindlessly spin their wheels. Any proactive play is met with extreme overuse of politics or general complaining about being anti-fun.

They want to have fun and if you're winning, they're not having fun

Red seems best as thats the color of multiple combat phases.

Yeah Tana seems to be the way to go. With all the weenies you can spawn and how they're harder to block. Plus Naya is a solid shard, plenty of aggression and you can answer just about anything.

>The majority of my playgroup just wants to durdle the whole game
holy shit my play group does this and it makes me so fucking mad. everyone just puts down their things and the first person to make an aggressive action better have the shit to fend off the other 3 players because they are all going to target him the second he does anything so everyone just doesnt do anything for the first like 10 turns. im thinking about making an infect atraxa deck just to make this shit stop

maybe it's just because of my own fascination with orzhov, but i like tymna the most of those all.

- draw in the command zone is always very useful, very hard to gas out
- synergizes well with hatebears and evasion (ie. sidar)
- tymna is politically somewhat useful since you can say "i need draw!! sorry!!" when you attack dudes
- this is minor, but you can curve 3 mana tymna, then 4 mana sidar

but tana has her perks too. you can go for some kind of token smashy strategy with RGW. but i'd personally build tymna because i like orzhov tech more

one of my friends plays nekusar and somehow he gets hated out less than me

i dont understand

>"i need draw!! sorry!!"
I love making that excuse, but found out it doesn't really work anymore when there's like 10 +1/+1 counters on your Ohran Viper.

So I called my lgs that claims to have "every card"
>"hiiiiii and thanks for calling power Nine games!
>girl answered, they never know about product.
>"I was wondering if you carried a few singles, the-
>"Oh yah we carry *alottt of singles"
>"Yeah, OK, well the two specifically I was asking about are ludevic, necro alchemist and kraum, ludevics opus"
>"Yeah we probably have that"
> there's a pause
>"Can you please check for me though?"
>"k".
Then there was some shuffling around and background noise, followed by silence, and this
>"Uhm, are those like, the *new* cards that came out like yesterday? "
>"Well it was about a week ago, but yes they are new"
>"Yah, we don't have themmmmmm. You can buy the preconstructed decks at nethe- (netherworld games is a near shop that leaches off of p9's inventory )
>"Oh its OK, I really only wanted those two, thanks"

Fucking hell

any store that lets a valley girl answer the phone is a store i won't go to or buy from. I hate that shit.

You guys are always going on about secret tech that's either not actually secret or not actually tech.
And now everyone's building Yidris WheelsTech.Dec and I haven't seen a single decklist with this actual secret tech and I'm getting triggered.

Any suggestions for a budget manabase for Stalwart Unity that is trying to minimize red?
I have the three non red scry lands, the 'karoo' lands and (I think) all of the tri etb tapped lands that came with the C16 decks.
Thanks!

>what the fuck do you even want me to do

Well user it's quite obvious, they want you to die. :^)

It depends on the product. Or rather, if the person has any interest (or at least knowledge) of what they are trying to sell.

Making a wheel draw 1 extra? Okay?

they want you to run uw with leyline of sanctity, orbs of warding, ghostly prison, propaganda, windborn muse, sphere of safety, archangel of tithes, etc.

pic related as your commander

>Making a wheel draw 1 extra
Also making a wheel discard 1 extra
Also making a wheel deal 1 (or more) more damage to each opponent
Etc.

I mean the card costs 2 mana in a deck that thrives off of value

yeah i think i might do some sort of azorius pillowfort bullshit next, maybe with le bribery man instead of your pic. here's how shit usually works in my group

>someone aggros me down with a bunch of weenies
>wipe the board with grave pact or something
>"ay anons wrecking our creepy crawlies with his weird cards, get him"
>get shit on with spot removal until my board is gone or until i bullshit a win
>get aggroed down anyway even if my board is gone

or maybe i'm just confirmation biasing all over the place. i'm pretty sure my winrate in this group is pretty low though. i either win hard or i die first.

The card only affects you, you know?

Bribery man is fun as fuck.

>play him
>guy with 15/15 zombie thinks about attacking me
>kindly ask him if he wants that thing to attack during his next turn too
>he attacks someone else

Politics are fun when they work.

Hello Veeky Forums

I would really appreciate your feedback.

I've tried to make this deck professional and fun

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-11-16-horde-of-notions-edh/

Sidar-Tana Weenies is a good strategy, but you'll need to be able to protect both at the same time because people will see it coming and smack you in the dick for trying a reasonable strategy. Additionally, you're forced into going wide rather than tall- outside of a few corner-case cards like a Mycoloth, you're going to eat board-wipes very hard, every time. Once you get some tokens going it's not mandatory to keep both commanders out, but Sidar is the more important of the two. The deck is not a powerhouse or anything, and will get shit on if your meta hates tapping creatures for the purpose of dealing damage, but it looks like the most fun to pilot.

Tymna also supports a token-weenie strategy, but gives you nice access to using those tokens as sacrifice fuel, Melee/Monarch shenanigans in theory, and plenty of card draw. If you really need two live, she can swing under Sidar too, and since her ability doesn't require tapping she can easily set herself off. There's a ton of value here and I feel like the power ceiling is a bit higher than with Tana, not to mention that she fits nicely into a curve. Play her, then play Sidar and attack with her.

Ikra's the one no one's talked about, but she's the only one that significantly changes from a weenie gameplay style. With Ikra, you want the biggest butts you can get your hands on. Vigilant butts. Unfortunately, she can't swing in for seven life-gain unless you stretch for it with shitty equipment or something, but you -can- build a massive wall of big butts, run a Doran, and some token makers to laugh all the way to the bank. I think she's the weakest of the three, but the ability to make something different with her compared to the other two might make her worthwhile.

bribery man is pretty cool, too.

Note: Mycoloth won't protect you against boardwipes. It will, however, let you go tall rather than wide- and then a turn later, you're just going thicc.

Yes. Play Bribery Man. He fucking rules.

See if your group will let you put Frankie Peanuts in the 99.

Everyone at my one local scene run extreme Combo decks but then get pissy when they hear someone is building a deck around Narset or something.

It's weird.

So do they run like, fair-ish combos with a big number of pieces, or are they still bundles of sticks that run bullshit but only allow their own brand of bs at the table?

whats the best group hug deck that will enable my play group to make cool plays? not really so much concerned with winning as watching thier decks go off and doing crazy shit