theonyxpath.com/now-available-shattered-dreams-and-kinfolk-in-print/
>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/when-in-doubt-time-to-play-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Have you ever used Asian folklore in your games? Or played Kindred of the east?

Other urls found in this thread:

saintpetersblog.com/jake-russ-conservative-congressional-gop-hopefuls-bizarre-double-life/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Kindred of the East
I know a lot of people who really get down with that, but I've always just dismissed it as sort of garbage Chinaboo swill.

Then again, I also think China is one of the least interesting places in the world.

>asian vampire

Can a vampire feed in requiem 2E from willing blood transfusion?

Play something else.
1e Vampires were little more than bullet resistant humans.

No. Feeding requires the subject to suffer lethal damage and there's no rules for willingly taking damage - by RAW you must resist any attempt to harm you

>Or played Kindred of the east?
one of the best owod games

>This dense

>by RAW you must resist any attempt to harm you
thats not true
it's just a matter of bloodloss
yes
but you're still losing blood which would still cuse lethal dam

Cite where it says you can forgo resistance to take damage

You made the claim. You back it up.

>You back it up.

Nowhere does it say you can valuntarily forgo resistance in order to take damage. Every "combat section" discusses what you need to overcome to deal damage, ergo you MUST overcome it to deal damage

Eh. Defence can EASILY be stripped, and the target has to be aware and able to defend themselves to apply it.

So the only way to consent to letting a vamp drain you is to have no idea they're about to bite you?

you're confused if you think all damage is taken in combat
but i think you're just being a troll

Do the physical effects of tilts apply to damage completely soaked through Resilience?

Example: A vampire with 3 stamina and 5 resilience takes a targeted shot in the leg for 5 damage. They activate resilience and take 0 damage, but is their leg still broken/blown off?

The rules for resilience talk about logical impairments from damage to eyes/limbs/etc, but it doesn't seem like you're supposed to actually receive any tilts from soaked damage anyway.
Related, but can Vampires only regenerate visual damage during the daysleep? Could a Vampire who lost their arm to damage they fully soak with resilience just spend a vitae to make a new one pop out with vitae healing?

>1e Vampires were little more than bullet resistant humans.

Weren't they still stronger than 1e werewolves except for the nine seconds 1e werewolves could use Gauru?

>but you're still losing blood which would still cuse lethal dam

Ok, i have this idea for lancea sactum priest with humanity 9/10 who takes the vow, that theban ritual in which he doesnt need blood to wake up but cant ingest blood either.

So when he runs out of blood as the year passes he gets a trasfusion from one of the nuns. Mostly because is umbecoming of a father to be "kissing" the neck of nuns

>Have you ever used Asian folklore in your games?

Given my current Forsaken game is set in Hong Kong, that'd be a yes.

Does being the Afro Samurai count as asian folklore?

Yes. Because the werewolves was not even bulletproof.

Question: Can you use obfuscate4 The Familiar Stranger, to turn yourself into someone's worst nightmare?

Or to put it another way, is "That person's worse nightmare" an acceptable subjective subject?

That's... not even remotely true, except that feeding from someone means they take damage. Not only are there no rules that would *prohibit* you from willingly taking damage, you can willingly consent to The Kiss.
Arguing that there's no rule that says you can willingly hurt yourself so you can't willingly hurt yourself ignores that the book assumes you're not a complete fucking idiot.

I don't think that a blood transfusion is valid. For one, I'm not sure a vampire can even have a blood transfusion, considering they're corpses, but more than that, you're getting around "can't ingest blood" by... ingesting blood.

Resilience says that if your leg is broken or your eyes plucked out, you'd still suffer the impairment. Resilience isn't technically *stopping* the damage so much as *ignoring* it.
>Could a Vampire who lost their arm to damage they fully soak with resilience just spend a vitae to make a new one pop out with vitae healing?
Up to the ST. I'd allow it.

Provided that nightmare is a person, yes. So you could turn into someone's abusive (and dead) alcoholic father. It has to be a thing that exists, though, and not some hypothetical.

>Arguing that there's no rule that says you can willingly hurt yourself so you can't willingly hurt yourself ignores that the book assumes you're not a complete fucking idiot.

Look, if you want to run homebrew, that's your business

>He needs to know that the person exists, and he can’t use his description to influence people’s reactions — “the woman Tom will fall in love with,” or “a man Jennifer finds trustworthy” both fail, as they rely on influencing the victim’s thoughts and emotions about the person being imitated.
I'd say no, though it should work if that person's worse nightmare is someone you know.

I think "That person's worst nightmare" wouldn't work as a valid descriptor because it's basically just the fear equivalent of "a woman Tom will fall in love with" or "a man Jennifer finds trustworthy", which are the examples of what you can't do.

If you KNOW that persons worst nightmare, you could presumably turn yourself into that thing specifically.

i.e., you couldn't say "I transform into Billy's worst nightmare", but if you knew Billy was morbidly afraid of the aliens from Mars Attacks, you could say "I transform into the alien from Mars Attacks"

>I don't think that a blood transfusion is valid
Nah it's totally a valid method. very science but if can totally work. You pump blood into the vamp body. The tricky part is setting the whole thing up. Which is Much harder than simply biting the victim. so if the player goes through the extra bullshit hoops, it should work

What happens to severed Kindred limbs in VtR?

Can a Kindred continuously chop off his arm and regenerate it in order to amass a collection of arms?

but more than that, you're getting around "can't ingest blood" by... ingesting blood.

I didnt meant it as a way to bypass the ritual. The ritual just forgoes the necesity to spend blood to wake up but you have to still pay half your blood to activate it and you gotta play for disciplines.

My idea was that when the chracter spend his remaining blood, he gets a blood donation, the ritual ends, he gets "recharged" and does the rtiual again.

I think they ash at sun up, or exposure to sunlight? Seriously thats a lot of agg damage. sounds hilarious thou

No, but I seem to recall that *ghouls* in requiem 2e can get their vitae fix through injection as well as ingestion.

>amass a collection of arms?

To what end?

So that he can be well armed for his future endeavors.

CARLOS YOU SPIC PIECE OF SHIT

IMMA DRAIN THE FUCK OUT OF YOU

CHEEKY CUNT

It was just an example. You could also collect legs, fingers and other body parts.

Nevermind, i found it. Vampire can feed from stored blood page 95 under "stored blood"

still, to what end

In all seriousness though, I don't think it would work. I'd figure a vampire's severed limb would undergo decay at the same rate that the entire lick would upon suffering Final Death; that is a neonate's arm would slowly start to rot away and putrify over the course of several days, whereas an elder's would start desiccating within a couple hours and probably crumble to dust before the night was out.

Trick the toothfairy (OPP new splat) for resources 5

>Trick the toothfairy

into taking fingernails you hide under your pillow?

Vampires can do that anime thing where you hold the limb up to the wound and reattach it, right?

A short vampire could cut their legs off, ice it, regenerate, cut it off again an inch or two lower, and reattach the old one.

Vamplet no more.

Domination of course, or just pull infinite teeth.

The ordo Dracul would be proud.

Won't the severed one rapidly rot away once they regen a new one, like a vampire's body?

The absence of a rule isn't the rule of absence. There's also no rule for picking things up. I guess you can't do that in the game.
Nevermind that there is literally a rule specifically stating the thing you said doesn't exist as a rule.

I was thinking about that, but I think that "their worst nightmare" is valid because it's not "what they will find most frightening", but specifically the person that they're most afraid of. I'd also argue that "a man Jennifer finds trustworthy" only fails if you mean becoming some hypothetical man, as opposed to, for example, her pastor or brother or childhood best friend.

Because you *can* turn into vague categories of people, like "one of Billy's relatives". I also don't think you can turn into fictional or mythical things. At least, I wouldn't allow "an alien from Mars Attacks" or "an angelic being" without some sort of Devotion.

Note, though, that turning into someone's nightmare in a way that causes actual supernatural fear would be the purview of Nightmare. Obfuscate can turn you into a hated enemy or beloved lover, but it won't give you any sort of supernatural benefit, it'll just get you the normal reaction that person would get. Dazing someone as their lost Lenore would require Awe as well as Familiar Stranger, while being their abusive drunken father is solely Nightmare.

Then why not just... drink blood normally?

Same thing that happens to any dead body part.

>Vampires can do that anime thing where you hold the limb up to the wound and reattach it, right?
I'd allow it.
>A short vampire could cut their legs off, ice it, regenerate, cut it off again an inch or two lower, and reattach the old one.
I'm pretty sure that's what Night Doctor Surgery is for.
Plus, the Cleansing.

>There's also no rule for picking things up

Strength stat description

I meant "acquiring objects", not lifting heavy things.

Every object is heavy, some are just less heavy than others

It's a little known fact, but Dracula was 8 feet tall, 5 of it legs.

Do vampires who spend experience gaining strength after becoming a Vampire still become visibly more muscular?

Since vampires aren't physically capable of the actual bodily process that results in muscle gain, I assume that gaining dots in Strength after the Embrace would just be your muscles becoming inhumanly effective, but not in a supernatural way like with Vigor.

I mean clearly supernatural too since you're a magical corpse who isn't physically changing getting stronger. But not to the rend steel level unless you have BP over 5 and thus increase total cap

I'm planning on running a Mage the Awakening game set in the Roaring Twenties, probably in New York or Chicago. I looked through the old books but I couldn't find any mention of mages in that time period. Does anyone know of any good sourcebooks, for any system, that would help me learn more about the 1920s in the United States?

No. There was going to be a Jazz Era vampire setting in Dark Eras I think but it never got to the KS goal, so we can't even look at them and expand to mages.

I too enjoyed Fantastic Beasts.
And sadly no, I have no advice.

that movie seems like it has lots of mage the accession stuff going on

going to see it soon

No. I'm thinking about a Werewolf one though. To play on the gangster themes.

that sounds cool

I've seen it, and the only parallel I can think of is that the world's shitty.
There's nothing else in common.

Hmmm. What if their resistance only makes my fangs harder?

You guys really aren't selling Forsaken to me.
>can't shapeshift for even as long as a beer commercial
>can't resist bullets
>nothing to do but Hunt
What the hell is the point? It might work as a one-shot but how do you milk a campaign out of that, let alone keep players alive??

four armed is fore warned, pal.

>Then why not just... drink blood normally

Mostly because i wanted the flavor of this devout father that doesnt "kiss" anyone because that umbecoming of a catholic priest.

Okay, what would you roll to pick up a pencil? because that's how silly you're being.

Hey, when was the Giovanni Chronicles part IV set? That was all about old school gangsters and included notes on how the Rico act changed things for the Kindred.

>Daily reminder: friends don't let friends LARP and then run for the Republican Party

saintpetersblog.com/jake-russ-conservative-congressional-gop-hopefuls-bizarre-double-life/

Well they do apply defense to firearms in dalu/galbro and defense is stupidly high in chrod.

They regenerate all lethal and bashing each turn in garu. They ignore defense (primal fear) and can kill score of goons with a single roll if the ST permits it.

All full moon get 8s again in combat roll from chargen.

As for the "all about the hunt is boring" i cant help you there. I also find it dull and repetitive, i recomend it to ignore it and search another focus.

Plus Lunacy goes full-throttle in Garou, and even if you don't flee like a little bitch, you're suffering -2 to everything

First edition werewolves were weaker than many lesser splat?

>can kill score of goons with a single roll if the ST permits it.

Doesn't that feel massively incongruous to you? Barely better than human, but scary, until there's a group of people, at which point - and ONLY that point - the character turns into a tsunami of death?

The "barely better than human" part was in 1e.
They got MASSIVELY improved in 2e.

Maybe you should try reading the book instead of listening to what people who hate Forsaken tell you, eh?
>can't shapeshift for even as long as a beer commercial
Being unable to maintain Gauru form for sustained periods of time *without going mad* is one of the main themes of the game. Werewolves have to skirt the Death Rage often when they face their enemies. Being a Werewolf means being the child of the mad moon and the great hunter. Gauru is the only form that has that restriction, and you have five total forms.
Also note that Stamina+Primal Urge is more than long enough to finish off most enemies, especially when you've harried and crippled them using the other forms like Urshul, Urshan, and Dalu. It's not that you can only shapeshift for as long as a beer commercial. It's that you can only sustain the form of distilled and purified RAGE INCARNATE for about 20 seconds before you decide to spend an entire night in that form and rend the flesh from the innocent.
>can't resist bullets
That poster was specifically talking about 1e. In 2e, werewolf regeneration is much faster, and while they don't naturally have a way to "resist" bullets, in Gauru form (the horrifying manbeast that makes even the most stalwart of opponents piss themselves in terror), you heal literally all non-Aggravated damage each turn. Oh, also they can dodge bullets.
>nothing to do but Hunt
The Hunt is the ultimate purpose of all Werewolves, descended as they are from Urfarah, the Mother Wolf, Father of Hunters, and incarnation of swift death across Pangaea. But it's far from the only thing. In fact, I think there's actually no penalty for not hunting, and at early levels you only feel the urge to hunt once a month.
Beyond that, there's inter-Tribal conflicts, inter-Pack rivalries, Hunts you perform to protect and defend territory, building and maintaining your Pack (which consists of Wolfblooded and several humans who are more than likely in the dark), I'm running out of room...

Yes. But really, so were vamps. The Onyx Path group (clumsily) decided Mortals needed to be tougher, so they watered down all the splats instead of granting Mortals an advantage unique to them.

I've never really felt that a mortal was ever a challenge for most supernaturals, even in 1e. Supers have comparable health, but even simple supernatural abilities make them so much better than most humans.

Also, Onyx Path didn't exist throughout most of 1e.

>World of Darkness
>Mortals being more powerful
Achtung

Yeah, but equal XP humans tended to vastly out-skill monsters, precisely because those supernatural abilities sunk XP.
And they generally weren't worth it.

>Maybe you should try reading the book instead of listening to what people who hate Forsaken tell you, eh?

Why would I waste time on that, when this good thread tells me everything I need to know and more?
>b-b-but it's a theme
It's still a lame duck, my friend

I disagree. Having skills can't really compare to Dominate, or Protean 3.

Because clearly the thread tells you stupid things.
>It's still a lame duck
What?

I'm not history expert, but I don't remember any prechristian middle eastern scholars who would deserve to be called "scientist" and testing hypothesis in that era is downright laughable.

>I don't think that a blood transfusion is valid. For one, I'm not sure a vampire can even have a blood transfusion, considering they're corpses, but more than that, you're getting around "can't ingest blood" by... ingesting blood.
Agree. But on the other hand I would allow that blood sorcery ritual that gives you one tenth of vitae the target drinks or the similar Invictus oath.

as if arm collection needed any more reasons

great idea, I'm not even joking

Classic Coke had Numina exclusively for mortal chars. That included psychic powers, hedge magic, superscience and the ultimate Vamp-stopper, True Faith. This was on top of vastly outnumbering the creatures of darkness. They were not helpless. A lamentably under-touched element of Classic Coke was that if the Mortals ever got wind of what was really making people disappear, there'd be a panic, a bloody purge and possibly the rise of a global theocracy in response.

>Also, Onyx Path didn't exist throughout most of 1e
The masthead changed, but the staff didn't. Most of Onyx Path is upcycled writers and devs from White Wolf Gaming Studios, maybe a bit older and wiser and post-op but still the same core group. The current White Wolf Publishing team wouldn't know the first thing about publishing a book. Their keynote address at 2016 Grand Masquerade was just the same pitch they'd give at a shareholders meeting.

It's more the average individual that I was referring to with that, user. Barring true faith, mortals were pretty much always bottom of the barrel.

Of course the collective of humanity greatly outnumbers and outguns whatever spooky exists, but the individual, or even a group of individuals, are typically nil compared to even a 13th gen vampire.

In oWoD, even with all of that, most monsters could roflstomp a human.
Also, quite a few people at Onyx Path weren't there when the company was White Wolf. Our beloved Chris and Dave, for instance.

>>can't shapeshift for even as long as a beer commercial

Also can be ignore with a gift that gives you unlimited time in garu.

this is about the vampire larper who ran for office right?

Yeah. But combat starts the timer though.

>inter-Tribal conflicts

Let not be aspel propagandist here. Inter tribal conflict (the pure exempted) is only if IF the dm feels like make it a thing and not the default. As default tribe is kinda meaningless outside of your favored prey.

That's the one. His LARP profile included him warning another player that if she didn't watch out she was liable to end up sore and bound in a van labelled "FREE CANDY".

Politics, man. You couldn't make this stuff up.

i know right

Also, nearly every mortal on the planet has access to fire - the one thing guaranteed to fuck up absolutely everything. Even the smug Ananasi, proud of their immunity to silver, could be sent packing with a can of hairspray and a lighter.

That's blatantly false.

Would a laser weapon do aggravated damage to a vampire? I know it sounds like a weird question, but I'm not sure if it's fire specifically that does the aggravated damage, or if it's burning.

>That's blatantly false.
the only examples of inter tribal conflict are due to special events like in iraq

>Would a laser weapon do aggravated damage to a vampire?
you could say if you wanted
but the dmage from fire is because of purity/symbolizm and shit so i'd say no

In MtAs, all laser and plasma weapons inflict aggravated damage. It's why the technocrats are scary.

I'd go with Lethal, but sets fire to the target on an exceptional success, and THAT does Aggravated.
The reason being that it's more than just the physical part of the fire that does aggravated.

The reason you play Werewolf is because it's the splat that let's Jimmy be a Promethean (nobody else wanted to play Promethean) and Trevor be a Beast (nobody else wanted to play with Trevor) and still have the story more or less work.

To that end, does that also mean incendiary bullets would be lethal and not aggravated, as they're just, well, very hot bullets?

Molten metal is a listed example for +3 aggravated damage to Vampires, so I think the rules are a little wide.

Unless the round can start fires, I'd go with Lethal (or, in 2e, of course, Bashing).

It specifically says flame at points, and all examples are with fire specifically, save for molten metal (Which can /cause/ fires, I suppose?)

So, perhaps I make lasers lethal and not aggravated then? As it doesn't so much "burn" in the conventional sense, instead causing what are effectively explosions of steam (Which really are more or less 4th degree burns, but... Who knows).

As I said, I recommend that you treat DEW-weapons as normal weapons, but that can cause fires with Exceptional successes, and treat those fires as normal fires.