Trying to recreate this character in a d&d 4e setting

trying to recreate this character in a d&d 4e setting.

is it possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jashin
dandwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Mage_(4e_Class)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Man, I don't even remember what this motherfucker's powers were.

He can't die ever and has the ability to kill anyone instantly.

He's 100% unkillable. Your DM probably won't let you.

Immortality. Though, he doesn't regenerate.

If he takes the blood of his victim he does some kind of ritual that links his body with the victim's. Any damage done to him is mirrored in the victim. Like if he stabbed himself in the heart, the damage will be shared with the victim. He will survive since he is immortal, the victim is deded.

That weapon is the silliest I have seen in a while

That is a very, very stupid looking weapon. What the hell?

yea a direct copy of him would be broken but i wanted his style and theme.

something that uses blood sacrifice to buff / debuff sorta thing.

would his skillset still be broken if he didnt have his immortality but had a fast regeneration ability (can't regen until combat has ended) and a fatal wound to himself would still kill him?

You know, even in Naruto, a series that is literally about people with ludicrously OP skills and powers bouncing off each other and outmunchkining each other, that seems overly useful and unfair.

So you want a white voodoo nigger. That works, within reason

It's stupid, but otherwise serves it's use of "try to draw any amount of blood" well enough.

After drawing any blood, niinjacurse then happens where any pain he receives goes to the blood owner as well, cept he's imortal so it's just a matter of him stabbing his own heart to kill his foe after one bloodshed.

To answer your quetion, this is some max-level necromancy kind of shit.

Well, it's a blade, meant to purposely draw blood, without killing his opponent.

This is a real Naruto character? It seems too retarded both in appearance and ability to be anything other than some fan-fic character (and a shit one at that).

They buried him alive.

I think they did it in some magic forest that no one who gets lost in that isn't from some clan or something can ever get out of for double fuck you.

>d&d 4e
go assassin, then note that nowhere in any of the assassin's class powers does it state any limitations on weapon type. grab a fullblade or other massive weapon so you can feel like you got a big ol' scythe like he has and start goin to town with your ninja shit

Eh, in series it was explained the weapon wasn't good for 'killing'.

its more about his abilities than just his weapon, i can interchange that massive scythe for any weapon that draws blood.

assassin doesn't really have blood transfusion and weird sacrifice stuff

That's the edgiest thing I've heard all day.

I can't think of what he would do in 4e but if I made him in my own system he could spend his health as magic to hurt others. When he's down to no health he collapses in pain for d12 days but always comes back. The problem is he keeps getting terrible scars over his body tho. Maybe give him a power where he takes half damage from an attack and deals he other half on the enemy.

It's a co fucking enemy cause you gotta figure out how to fight without fighting. Like when spidey fought Juggernaught

I mean, his attitude kinda detracts from it. The ironic part, being out of all the villans, he's probably one of the least edgy. .

...why? I mean, why go through the ninja curse instead of stabbing the dude dead right there and then in the first place?

He honestly seems kind of shitty by high-level Naruto standards.
He has one very specialized gimmick that can be overpowered in the right conditions, but he's in a setting where everyone else is just universally broken.

Well he is one of first members of his little group to get taken out. He really did get BTFO.

because he is a religious zealot so he does it to appease his god.

he spends hours performing these rituals to make his lord happy

naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jashin

It wasn't a magical forest. It was just Nara property, so nobody would "ever find him" or some bullshit.

Hidan is at least somewhat limited by three factors:
As said before, he doesn't regenerate. So his damage needs to be healed naturally over time, otherwise he needs Kakuzu's help for dismemberments.
Two, he can only use his ritual within his blood circle, AFTER ingesting a target's blood. That'd be a single 5x5 square. However, there is a caveat that if he can step back into the circle if removed the ritual will resume.
Third: he needs to do this voodoo murder ritual regularly to maintain his immortality as well as other religious shit. It is his rites.

The way he was beaten was utter bullshit, too. Go figure.

Well, it's part of his religion. He uses the blood to preform a 'blood ritual'. Honestly, he's closer to a cleric, than a ninja.

Nothing he's shown, actually shows he's a ninja. No ninjutsu, no ninja weapons, etc. The village he even came from, was no longer a ninja village, when he left it.

Bruh, you don't piss of the Nara clan.

All of the smaller "unimportant" clans are some scary shit.

Don't. Do. Not.

would this be a good base to start with?

dandwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Mage_(4e_Class)

character will be level 11 if that helps (paragon tier).

and it is for a one-shot campaign my DM wants to run for a weekend so i might get away with having something a little crazy

>Literal giants
>Possession & Mind break
>Insects that do literally everything
>Beastmasters & fusion

As far as the "unimportant" clans go, the Nara clan is probably one of the safer to piss off in general.

Reminder that this motherfucker won the entire series.

would help to add pic.

>dandwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Mage_(4e_Class)
>dandwiki
>homebrew for 4e

I'm not even going to open that out of fear that I contract the cancer

Anyway, there are a couple of undying revenant builds that could cover at least half of it, but I'm not sure how to do the damage linking. The closest I can think of would be the battlemind's mindspike, but that reflects damage from allies, not you.

Their Shadow Techniques are freaking scary, man.

Did anyone else find it weird that in the entire rookie nine from the first genin exam, only Sakura was not from an established clan with secret techniques? She had a huge handicap compared to the rest of them. I'm pretty sure her, Lee, and TenTen are the only ones who can't claim their power comes from their bloodline.

Cloud Village was the best village anyway.

>thinking you can recreate Jashin's finest

note that if you cut him into pieces he can't put himself back together
looking back on his design that scythe is fucking stupid. I guess it's supposed to be ceremonial, but still

you're a fuckin' lil queer

You simplified it a little too much.

This is more correct.

You's onna them any may faggots aint cha, you lil fuckin' bitch, getcher shiet of mah fuckin' board

Except that the Nara Clan are all for some reason unreasonably intelligent chessmaster types. If you piss them off, they will find a way to fuck you over, and there won't be anything you can do about it.

Case in Point: Hidan killed Shikamaru's mentor, and Shikamaru responded by capturing him and then burying his immortal body somewhere that no one would ever find him.
Word of God says that after being dumped in that hole, Hidan is still immortal and unable to die from his injuries, but was slowly starving to death.

No.

Why would you even want to?

I personally dislike anime, manga and Japanese culture in general.

Therefore, no. Not possible.

> Not his superior partner
What are you, some kinda queer?

Is at onna dem dere Jaypaynimayshuns? We dun talked bout this you fucking faggit, imma get my bel' and fucka you up you fuckin' queer

He's the weakest of the bad guys though, while the rest of people moves at the speed of sound and can spam nukes an immortal is nothing but a sturdy rock, you just have to drop it in a pond and forget about it.

He's pretty average in taijustsu, shit in genjutsu and ninjutsu, he's only a wall of HPs.

Hidan and Kakuzu were the best of Akatsuki, funny duoIs stu

Any RPGs for a Naruto game?

Daily reminder the whole combat was bullshit, Shikamaru suddenly became taijutsu god and while not even Kakashi was able to stop Hidan with martial arts Shikamaru in 3 days reading books was able to surpass both his master and Kakashi in speed and martial arts, talking about fucking powerups

Fuck the whole think was so much bullshit, even Kakuzu, a smart as fuck guy with 90+ years of combat experience, who fucking said "I must not go close quarter combat with this blonde retard" forgets this 1 second later and goes close quarter combat...srly, I hate when the good guys win only because they're the good guys

Shikamaru is Kishimoto's favourite character, did you expect him to lose? it's sad though, he was the underdog smart dude who won with smart tactics, and in that combat he won like any other character, through immense amounts of chakra, taijutsu and ninjutsu in a face to face combat with zero thought behind it. that's the curse of shonens, smart writing never lasts.

Just glancing through the power list, there';s a lot of "triggers with bloodied" and "enemy is considered bloodied no matter what" which makes sense, but some of the jargon they sue make sit seem like they're unfamiliar with 4e.

>Level 1 Encounter
>Target has ongoing damage until the end of your next turn, sustain standard.
>Ongoing until end of next turn

>Level 15 Daily
>Hit does damage
>Miss does half damage, and has effect anyways
>Effect is in an effect line below, so whether the attack hits or not has no bearing on the effect going off, so there was literally no reason to mention the effect still happens.

the whole thing is just edgy as shit too.

Dude, don't piss off Nara's, they have the potential of gods, their youngest member surpasses the 6th hokage just with 3 day reading books and playing shogi.

Give him a week and he can beat 20 Madaras and 10 Kaguyas.

>Guy shrughs off a nuke that obliterated an entire forest
>Blows up into pieces by a couple of exploding seals that barely lift any wind

The powerlevels spiralled out of control after a while, but I feel like it would've been much better if the ceiling had been a more tame Pain. None of the Sage of Six Paths shit. His power should've been limited to what the five bodies showed against Jiraiya. The whole thing with Tobi/Madara/Obito didn't need to happen. He would've been better as a goofy guy who was secretly pulling the strings of the organization. Just make his power being a really good escape artist with some good skill in the basics of nin/gen/taijutsu.

Itachi didn't need Susano'o. Sharingan should've never gone beyond the first Mangekyo. It had a fair draw back with inevitable blindness in exchange for better gen/ninjutsu. Eternal was a huge copout that took away the weight of it.

And Orochimaru should've been the final boss. The whole first half built up to him, and he got tossed aside.

Hell, the whole series would've been worth something if they focused more on basics and being sneaky ninjas. Tailed beasts, Sharingan, sage of six paths bullshit is what ruined it. The Rasengan was probably the first place where shit started going out of control. It lacked any subtlety and ended up getting spammed.

The scope of ninjutsu overall should've been lower. And more focus on the use of ninja tools would've been nice.

definitely agreed, I stopped following the series after that goofy battle with Pain that ended with Naruto explaining to him the power of friendship or something
that was too much even for my teenage self

I played an average combatant while immortal character in Anima BF, more akin to Manji though.

>The powerlevels spiralled out of control after a while
The author wrote himself into a stalemate, that combat (Hidan/Kakusu vs Team7 and Team8) was the first sign of it, he literally didn't know how to make the main chars win without bullshit so everybody became Goku and bad guys became blind retards.

Kakuzu should've honestly survived that encounter and gone on to be a threat later after he lost a heat or two. He's got several decades of experience and skill and fought and survived against Hashirama, who was a god among men. Kakuzu getting turned into a fodder to show off another Rasengan variant was sad enough.

Final confrontations should've been Itachi/Sasuke, Naruto/Pain, Naruto/Sasuke, and Naruto and Sasuke/Orochimaru. Find a place for secret villain Tobi and Kakuzu and it's fixed. Tobi could've gone to Kakashi and then Kakuzu could've gone to someone else.

*a heart or two.

Eternal Blood/Nemesis?
Hard to Kill and Survivor?

There's Naruto d20, which I believe uses GURPS, and I'm running one uses a bastardised 5e.

Five Nations is functional, but I don't think anyone's working on it anymore.

> several decades
He was one of the only characters in the show older than Hashirama. Kakuzu was over a century old.

Don't forget that they have the "Literal giants" and "Possession & mind break" clans on dial-up.

also it's terrible for fighting. If he wanted to be able to have long range and have a wide angle, why not using just a big cleaver, or a naginata-like weapon.

Of course this is not realistic, but maybe something like pic-related would be better for that purpose

D&D 4e?

Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness + Revenant cheese makes you as unkillable as you can possibly be. Not sure how you'd do feedback damage.

i was actually looking for this one

Right. But it's a dumb shounen manga about magic ninja teens with technology which is all over the place. So the dude uses a three-bladed scythe because why not? It's his thing.

Was Hidan the only follower of Jashin? It'd be cool if the whole cult became major villains in Boruto or something, with Jashin himself as the last boss.

He's the only follower that we've seen so far.

Considering working them into my sequel game, if the team survives this one

He looks like hes gonna go
>yaranaika
Any moment now

>Not pic related

sure, not arguing with that. The anime/manga has much worse things than a dumb three-bladed scythe. But as you said is just a shounen manga about magic ninja teens

NOT A NINJA

As it should be.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING