So I asked Veeky Forums about four characters in my Overwatch campaign. Link is below. But I need help rating the plot

So I asked Veeky Forums about four characters in my Overwatch campaign. Link is below. But I need help rating the plot.

Here goes!

→ #

President's brother goes missing. Players are tasked with finding him by a "Deep Throat" like figure who may or may not be Genji.

Path takes them to the megacorp that the bro (and to some degree the President) run. It is revealed that the President had been blabbing national secrets to the brother to commit insider trading on a national level. They discover that Talon had taken him, and somehow deduce the bro's location.

At the Talon base, the party finds the bro, barely alive. The bro tells the party that Talon wanted information on a shipment of plutonium and that they have already knocked it over.
An assault upon another Talon base reveals the purpose of the plot- Talon has already sold the plutonium to the Omnic Liberation Front, a radical, hyper militant all-Omnic organization dedicated to carving out a homeland by force. To do so, the OLF plans to detonate a massive dirty bomb near the Hawaiian Islands, rendering it uninhabitable to anyone but Omnics. This has the dual purpose of being a source of income for Talon and for increasing anti-Omnic prejudice, regardless of its success or failure. And the "president's brother" scandal would destabilize the world that much more.

The party travels to Hawaii, where they meet up with "Deepthroat" and locate the OLF's secret lair. They deactivate the bomb in secret, foiling Talon's plot to cause chaos and prejudice. However, the President is due to be impeached, and the world becomes a bit darker...

Over all seems fine. As for Some advice:

>They discover that Talon had taken him, and somehow deduce the bro's location.
Maybe they can find security video of two guards talking. They don't just say "We R going here Durrrr" But something like "Come on, the boss needs us back in 3 hours max!" and "I can't wait to taste [local delicacy] again" so they can do the whole cross reference of info thing to narrow down where they must be.

>they meet up with "Deepthroat"
I'd suggest giving Genji a part in the mission like, "I'll cut alarms and communications. You breach and clear." something so he's helping but won't steal the spotlight.

This seems like a mix of intrigue and action. So let your players get in on the intrigue. Say, letting them doctor some of the files to implicate someone other than the president or his bro. Don't try to force your own vision of how the aftermath of the adventure should look.
Outside of mechanically making the fights fun and interesting that's all I can think of. Hope I have been somewhat useful.

P.S. on the last thread.
>People calling furry on the dinosaur.
Y'know Winston is a character in that setting right? And the moon is ruled by other angry hyper smart gorillas? Overwatch is a bit silly, let them dinosaur.

Don't forget to have them push a payload at least once.

And STAY ON THE F*%KING POINT!

What system?

He's using Savage Worlds.

No, see, they are on defense. The payload is the plutonium, and they have to stop it.

I suggest throwing in a boss fight for when the group finds the plutonium.

You could have Reaper on the comms telling them they aren't escaping alive and he sends a lieutenant with some talon nooks to deal with the players

Problem with that setup is that you only need to win one fight to knock them off the payload. Pushing a payload will require to endure through multiple waves of defenders and bypass various checkpoints.

That said, no reason you can't do one payload defense and one payload offense.

Well, since main antagonist in OW now just Reaper, Widowmaker+ stormtroopers. May be some sort of anarchist counterpart of Overwatch?

My idea on how the bro can be found:

Mysterious van is found driving away from megacorp site. Using police connections, Creed gives them access to files, or Lazy I just hacks the comms.

Van is seen driving to an airport, where the party finds out that the only flight there was to Macau. After finding the identities of the people who smuggled the bro on the plane, they head to Macau to find them.

Don't forget Sombra bruh

Is echo the recommendations to possibly include Reaper and Genji, but ideally you want them to have little screen time. Make it clear that they're about and doing things, but it should be off to the side so they're aren't conflicting with the players too much.

The plot itself feels a bit dark for overwatch. I'd keep in mind that this isn't shadowrun. It's a futuristic setting with tensions and corporations, but that doesn't automatically make it shadowrun.

If you find yourself getting a bit grim with the plot, just remind yourself that the moon is ruled by talking gorillas and lighten up.

Maybe rather than the president and a megacorp, you should start smaller scale. Why not a Senator or Governor and the head of a normal corporation or subsidiary?

Isn't she just kinda doing her own thing? She clearly sabotaged the mission with Reaper and Widowmaker, for her own personal benefit. And she at least pretends to be working against shitty corporations. Not sure that's main antagonist material.

Yeah. Maybe make it a special seismic drill the OLF is trying to steal, and their real aim is to make Hawaii uninhabitable by humans by triggering massive earthquakes and lava fissures.

I dunno.

You do remember, Widowmaker shot and killed the Omnic MLK onscreen in one of the shorts. It can be dark.

BUT! just try not to make it apocalyptic. Fallout: Hawaii sounds pretty apocalyptic and would be, in-setting, Outback 2.0.

A seismic drill would certainly be more lighthearted, and it allows a little more wiggle room.

If it's a drill, then they can stop it from being delivered, stop it from being installed and set up, and potentially even stop it after it starts before things get too bad as the base explodes in fire and lava.

With a dirty bomb, the option is to stop it in transit, and even that risks them blowing it up out of desperation.

He could throw the Junkers in too if he wants a 'bonus boss,' so to speak. Or maybe get Vishkar involved.

Okay, definitely using "seismic drill for mining purposes" rather than plutonium. It gives my players more wiggle room and fits the setting better. Plus, it can lead to a "happy ending" where stopping the process halfway creates a new island with minimal seismic disturbance.

Vishkar. The brother should be an executive at Vishkar. Thanks, man.

Reaper probably will get involved at some point- perhaps in battle for drill. Genji will remain a voice over the phone. Roadhog and Junkrat will be minibosses in the Vishkar site, as they were hired to blow the building up and erase any evidence of the insider trading.

Did Jojo guy tone down his shit?