Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: We're Still Not A Quest! Edition

Listen up! We've just received orders to investigate an Imperial outpost in the Hadila System that's gone quiet as of late. All members of the third and thirteenth companies are to prep for deployment.
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>Why don't you guise move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKkHmFOfKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cleans his las rife, hoping this day to be the one to take the fight to the enemy

>He looks down the barrel, thinking "if i die, atleast it will be in the service of the emperor"

>Prepares his laspistol and meditates

>The white and gold armoured Scion would walk past the man, a curious look upon his face, before turning around, and heading towards him.

Do I know you from somewhere trooper?

Here we go again...
>Checks the blades of his chainsword, and finding them still in good condition, moves on to grab his lasgun and any food he can

>Leon tilts his helmet back and looks up

Yes, you do.

I am Private Leon Guerre serving the life sentace of Abusing Military Authority in the penal regiment.

>Melissa would just have finished helping the Judgement's cooks with a fresh batch of Dorligot Geef Stew when the call had come in.
>She'd let out a sigh, before taking off the apron, and headed towards the 3rd company's armoury to get suited up.

>Kane walks onto the grounds of the smoldering ashes and fire, breathing the air in deep
>For the first time ever, he'd notice Ragaa
"Oi! You!"

>Upon hearing the name, it would finally dawn on him of who this man was.

That's right! I heard about you! You're the Commissar who led that unsuccessful and Ill fated assault upon a Red Corsair ship a few months back!

>He'd offer the man a hand to help him to his feet.

I'm sure the penals of the 12th company will be glad to have someone who actually knows his way around a weapon among their ranks. Even if they probably want to kill you for being a Commissar at one point.

Tempestor Malak Ordenius. I'm from a detachment of the 72nd Epsilic Valkyries Tempestus Scions Regiment. I guess you could say the two of us are brothers of the Administratum?

Trooper Ragaa! Front and center! Immediately!

>guerre shakes his head

No.

Not anymore atleast, as of my time of arrival i am a private in the ranks of the regiment.
My previous achievements and promotions are anulled.

I only wish to make my death in the service of the Emperor, so my family can be pardoned

>Meanwhile, the Fourth Horseman is currently en-route to Praetoria. All that swag ain't gonna store it's self after all.

I... Ah... Erm...
>If he was a psyker, hed sink into the floor plating right where he stood

>Kane approaches him, observing him.
>He gets a wide smile on his face!
"A bloody dusk worlder! Greatest infantrymen in the goddamn imperium! I haven't seen the likes of you in a long time! What's your name?"

>The scarred Lieutenant would roughly shove a handful of papers, and a thick gold cloth shaped to look like A Chevron, into the Feral worlder hands.

Congratulations Trooper. Due to losses sustained by third squad during our last campaign, the squad is down one Corporal. Unfortunately for me, their Sergeant forgot to mention such details in his report! As such, I picked a random name out of a hat to determine who got the honour of being third squad's nee second in command.

>His scarred lips would curve into a grim smile.

Guess who got the job...

A momrnt later, his face would return to its usual look, as he begins walking away.

Sew that Chevron onto your left arm immediately, and then fill out the papers. If you cannot read or right, simply have someone show you where the word "signature" is written, and place a drop of your blood upon it, and then return it to me immediately!

Y-yes sir!
Ragaa. And... You know Dusk?

"Knew two men from there! Best soldiers I ever met! The mad bastards would charge in with nothing but a pair of blades and good old imperial zeal and they would come out with 20 heads and nary a wound!"
>Kane chuckles
"Tell me, Ragaa, do you smoke?"

>Malak would flash the man a kind, brotherly smile.

So than your more like my long lost cousin of the Administratum!

>He'd once again offer the man his hand.

Just because you were sent to a Penal regiment, doesn't mean your life has to end all of a sudden Trooper. You can still use those skills that the Administratum taught you while learning to become a Commissar to keep the men above and around you safe on the battlefield. Of that I'm sure...

>He'd let out a small chuckle.

Hell! Your squad mates might even thank you for it!

Never got into the habit, but a stick here, another there.

"What about..."
>he pulls out a cigar
"...these?"

While it is good to hear words of encouragment, there is this..
If i did not get promoted when i charged down the battlefield, bogged down tau warriors in melee and sucessfully fought a krootox,
there is little hope for any change of my private status.

Promotions are for men,
i am but a resource to be used in the imperial war machine.

>he clicks his rifle closed and accepts the man's hand

Never had one of those before. Too big cases to carry home, with the more expensive things taking up space.

>he offers him the cigar
"Never too late to start another deadly habit"
>he gives the man a smile

>He'd pull the man up to his feet.

I wouldn't br so sure about that... it often takes time for the Administratum and Departmento Munitorum to authorize promotions. Plus... This regiment does have some weird ways for how to determine such promotions...

>He'd motion towards the third company CO, and the newly promoted Feral worlder.

That one guy got his name picked out a hat if I just heard right.

>he looks at the feral and sighs silently trough his nose

Comissar or not, my fate is sealed
i have no regrets over my decidion to board that ship.

i failed, not the first, not the last man to do so

Well, it is slower than the death laid out for me. Hopefully slow enough fer me to enjoy a bit and make peace. Hopefully faster than my last punishment.

>Thinks for a moment longer and takes the cigar

>his face turns serious for a second, to that of a thinking man
>it rises back to an honest smile
"Death is always a bitch. But, she can be outrun, if not forever, then at least long enough to experience joy"

>Malak would frown ever so slightly at the broken man before him.
>Curling up his right hand into a fist, he would give the man a swift, and slightly painful, punch to the gut. His old Sergeant's instincts kicking back into gear again.

You're damn right you failed Trooper!

>His voice would echo out rather loudly inside the hanger. A voice like that of a drill Sergeant for reference to how he currently sounds, watch this video m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKkHmFOfKE

But that doesn't mean that you can sit around, and feel sorry for yourself! "Resources" like you are not allowed to feel sorry for themselves! Only Maggots are allowed that opportunity! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME PENAL!!!

>By now, his face has become a deep red colour, and the fire in his eyes could quite possibly cause a space marine to think twice about talking back to this man.

I am hereby ORDERING YOU, to stop feeling so WARP DAMNED SORRY FOR YOURSELF, AND TO START STRIVING TO BECOME MORE THAN A "RESOURCE"! ONLY THEN WILL YOU ONCE AGAIN BE PERMITTED TO "FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR SELF", LIKE THE PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING THAT YOU ARE! THIS IS NOT UP FOR NEGOTIATION! YOU WILL DO THIS, OR SO HELP ME THRONE! I! WILL! END! YOU! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?!

>His breath would be heavy after yelling so loudly.
>You're pretty sure half the ship has heard his vicious sounding voice by now.
>After moment of this, his face would return to normal, and his former brotherly smile would return.

Now then.... if there is nothing else trooper. My men and I have final preparations to make before planet fall.

>With that, he would walk away.

>He'd place a hand upon the man's shoulder.

We all make mistakes trooper. It's what makes us all human. But I believe that the Emperor has a plan for each and every one of us. His plan for you will simply take more time to unravel than for the rest of us it seems.

>lights the cigar
It is. Yer know, I don't want to run from death. Iant it to come before they really punish me for my crimes. This regiment? Dangerous, but best time I've had. Especially Melissa. First to accept me, first to teach me the ways of yer sky people. And the first one to make me feel happiness since my last day before my last tour.

>Guerre nods and lets himself a smile

Thank you, i am glad you can understand.
I will give my best in this regiment, private or not

>he salutes

>Kane gives a nod
"Sounds like a good girl, this Melissa"
>he takes off his hat, showing the mark of Slaanesh
"I know all too well how it feels to be abandoned"
"And I know the price of running from death. You're the wiser man in this situation"
>He pats his back
"You are a brave man, Ragaa. There's a place amongst the emperor's finest waiting for you"

>He'd give the man a gentle punch in the shoulder. A brotherly smile upon his face.

Don't salute me. I'm not one of those pencil pushing CO's who sits behind the front line and shouts out orders. Unlike them, I work for a living. And while I'm at it, don't call me "Sir" either. Not unless the brass, or an Inquisitor shows up. That's how you bring out "Drill Sergeant Ordenius". And you DO NOT want to bring out Drill Sergeant Ordenius.

>He nods as he is looking at this man half his age
I will keep that in mind

I look forward on seeing you on the battlefield
>he gets back to cleaning his rifle

Heh. Mark of them night blighters, I see. Well, that doesn't matter. I have to tell yer, I ain't that brave. Just desperate and afraid of the alternative.

>She'd sneak up behind her Feral world lover, before jumping up, and wrapping her arms around his neck, before giving him a peck on the cheek.
>Her body would be fully pressed up against him at this point. Something squishing up against him.

I had that feeling in the back of my head that someone was talking about me. Guess my female intuition was right!

>he chuckles first and then starts laughing
"Boy, that's the definition of bravery!"

>He'd give a nod of his head.

Don't get shot now, understood? And for that matter, be careful not to get stabbed by your squad mates. 12th company has had a lot of bad memories with Commissars.

That is up to the Emperor.

>he nods at malak and polishes the bayonet

>He looks at the woman with a slight chuckle
"Ah! And you must be miss Melissa!"
>he bows
"And I just realized I haven't properly introduced myself!"
>he gives an old imperial salute
"Uhzurkar Kane, at your service"

I was wondering when yer would arrive. It's good to see yer again.
I think bravery is fighting regardless of the odds. I choose the smaller bad, like heavy bolter tonthe face. Did pretty good that time, but the cybernetics itch.

>Anya walks over to the once Commissar, all shy like...then she hugs him, or tries to at least.
>She expression is absolutely as shy as her stance.

>He'd chuckle at this.

The Emperor may have a big say in how things end for us, but we have almost as much say in that decision as well. Just keep an eye open while you sleep for the first couple of weeks. Once you've earned their trust using those old Commissar skills of yours, I'm sure the attempted shankings will become far less frequent.

Anyways, I should get going. Equipment to sort and prep.

>That being said, he would make his way towards the rest of his team, waiting for the battle group to drop out of the warp.

>He a warp storm opened up in the room he would look less surpsed than he is right now
>For a moment he does not even know what to do
>eventualy his hands hug her back

>He'd be slightly shocked to see this sight. But he wouldn't let it show on his face, as he quickly takes his leave.

We're glad you're b-back.....y-you're nice....
>She sounds shy too, still, she tries not to let it ruin the message.
I wish you were C-Commissar again...

>Her expression would show nervousness at the Heretic's attempt at making conversation. But she would relent ever so slightly.

Melissa... Corporal Melissa Vaulse...

>With her introduction to Kane finished, she would turn her attention to her lover. Pressing herself up against.

Well you know me Ragaa... I just can't let the Judgement's cooks get away with making sub-par food. If we're gonna eat meatloaf, then it should taste like meatloaf. Not something you'd find in an under hive garbage shoot.

Plus I wanted to make a tasty little treat for you before we leave! Something to enjoy while we're away from the ship.

>he recognises her voice, eyes going wider
You..you are the one who saved my life..

>he looks away for a moment to regain his composure somewhat
erhm..
>he looks back at her again, trying to keep a calm expression
I am honored to be back in the service of the emperor, despite my demotions
and it is... good to see you again.

>she never saw him this open before

Sounds good. I can't wait to see what yer have prepared.

>Kane notices her nervousness
>he gives a mellancholic smile
"Right then. I will see to other things; as you two seem to need privacy"
>he starts walking
>he turns around for a moment
"Oh, and Melissa, whatever you did to the kichen, the food is edible now. Delicious one might say. You're talented"
>he gives another bow before leaving therm

>Meanwhile, half a ship away on the Judgement's bridge.
>"M'lord! We'll be dropping out of warp in two one-hundred seconds."

>The older gentleman's smile would be the same as ever. Slightly unnerving, yet oddly calming.

Understood Lieutenant. Alert the ship's crew.

>"Understood M'lord."

>"All hands, we will be dropping out of Warp in ninty seconds. I repeat, and it's accompanying battle group will be dropping out of warp around the planet Demuntari III in ninty seconds!"

Ah crap... Well, time to fight, it seems.

>Melissa would smile.

I'm sure you a---

>She'd be silent as she hears the announcement.

---...I guess that's us, isn't it?

>Stands up and leaves his cell to join the regiment

>As soon as the message had finished, Malak would waste no time in getting his men and their equipment into position aboard their Valkyrie.

Y-You too...It was kinda crappy what they d-did to you....
>Anya looks up at the announcement.
Um....d-do you want a Pulse Rifle or s-something? We have spares....

>looks down at his standard issue las rifle
I..thank you, but i must decline
i am a guardsman of the imperium and i will face the enemy the same way as my brothers and sisters in arms

>Fancy words to mask his lack of understanding or training with the tau weapon

>Kane stumbles upon the pair
"Oh, hey Anya I-"
>he observes the other figure for a moment before saluting it
"Commisar"

>he qucikly salutes back
I am afraid you got the wrong man, sir, i am private Guerre.

It does seem so. Be careful.

"By rank. A commisar is a commisar till the end. At least in my knowledge as a discipline officer, if the two can be compared"

>"Dropping out in... Ten... Nine... eight.... seven.... six... five... four.... three.... two..."

>The Judgment, along side it's sister ship, "Sorrow of Serenity". Would drop out into realspace above a Green and opal coloured world. The Jungle world of Demuntari III.
>Two large, topaz coloured moons would orbit around it. Desert worlds that occasionally came close enough Demuntari III so that all three worlds could briefly share an atmosphere.
>In orbit, the planet would have no other stations or man-made satellites of any kind.
>In fact, other than an Imperial Guard garisson on the surface, whose only role was to provide occasional reconnaissance data on a nearby Ork empire in the next system over, there was no other nearby Human presence.

>"And we're out."

Good... do a scan of the planet below. I want to know what's going on down there.

In the meantime... deploy a portion of third and twelfth companies to the surface, towards the main Garrison HQ. It's too quiet in orbit to have been an Ork attack.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, sir
How can i be of assistance?

>You see a ratling sniper disembarking a chimera with a loud thump. Medals gleam across his dress uniform, and a very large rucksack (for his size) is being carried on his back.

>He looks to the closest man and says with a thick scottish like accent

Where is the commanding officer around here lad? I wish to report in for orders.

"Sir? I don't have any rank here but "heretic". My name is Uhsurkar Kane, and the question is.."
>he pulls out a pair of cigars
"...can I help you?"

>The ratling turns to you after seeing your rank.

Ah, are you in charge here then?

>he declines with his hand
Just point me at the enemy, sir

That would be comissar Eisen, who is absent, or comissar Kane here

That would be me Sergeant... are you one of the replacements we received during our resupply?

Okay...well if you change your m-mind, we can let you know how to use any parts you're...um...u-unfamiliar with and stuff....
>She waves at him as she jogs back over to mount the tank.

>She waves at Kane too.
Hey Uncle!

>he looks at his half shaven face
"Hmmm...you'd ought to get some better razors, commisar....I might just happen to have some"
>he searches through his pockets, finding razors and shaving cream

That I am, scout sniper for the emprah. was posted with the 99th rifle core until our the rest of my squad was wiped out by a damn wyvern shell gone awry. I am all that's left from the last front.

>The man's scarred face would scowl.

I see... well get suited up and ready for deployment. I'll have you transfered over to the third company in the meantime Sergeant...?

>he takes the razors
Thank you very much, sir!
I was in need of this, thank you again, sir!
>salutes
Now excuse me, sir, i have matters to attend to!

>He heads towards the tank, seeing pulse rifles time and time again used against him, he is curious of their design
>He looks for the sky felinid who saved his life

Fair enough sir. And yes, Sergeant is m'rank. Will get suited up now.

>Anya is currently under the vehicle as it sits on some crates, working on attaching new weapons to the Gun Drone she operates.
>However she slides out from underneath as Leon approaches, and grabs herself a Pulse Rifle.
>"H-Hey sir, this'll be your standard Pulse Rifle. Despite the name, they're actually Plasma Weapons....t-they just trade a small amount of power for r-reliability, range, and accuracy." She offers him the rifle with one hand, while picking up a Carbine with the other.
>"They don't fire quite as fast as L-Lasguns mind...but their rate of fire is decent, and you can get away with more r-rapid shots at close range...or you can take a Carbine, which trades range -down to about roughly the s-same as a Lasgun- for a faster rate of f-fire....and a grenade launcher...."

>guerre listens with curiosity, glancing up at her
I see..
>he looks back down on the weapons
>he puts down his las rife and leans it against a box, picking up the carbine
Range and accuracy are wellcome...but battles are won in the eye of the storm
>he weighs the carbine, looking up to Anya
Well.. how does it operate?

>he asks, feeling a bit akward

>Kane nonchalantly walks towards the tankers, hands behind back, smiling towards his niece
>he silently hums to himself

Well...
>She sets the Pulse Rifle down and leans forward a little to point out the various parts of the Carbine.
F-Fuel Pack goes here....then you have the release for the pack h-here....
>She offers him a Fuel Pack.
Fire Selector has f-five modes....'off', which means no charge running through the gun...safe, semi and auto....t-then you have the last setting w-which readies the g-grenade launcher for firing....it's i-integrated you see...
>She also reaches for a grenade.
It f-fires Photon Grenades....

xenos tech eh?

>Anya smiles back, and waves at him too.

>he nods, observing and learning
I see, yes.. wh..em. .where is the trigger?

>grumbles lightly..
Got any krak grenades?

Oh! S-Sorry!
>Anya points to the trigger in question.
T-That's it there, along with the grip, you just h-hold it like so...
>She places her hand around the grip for a second, before removing it.

I-Inquisitor says we're allowed to have it....But K-Kraks? We should somwhere....Kraks....Kraks.....aha!
>The girl picks up a box -helpfully identified by the Driver of the Hammerhead, and places it on the table, it's filled with Imperial grenades of various models, and indeed has some Kraks.

>he imitates her stance, grabbing the rifle correctly
Like this?

>he braces the butt into his shoulder and looks down the barrel

>Anya nods and gestures to a box labeled as containing ammo for the weapon.
W-Want it? We've got plenty of ammo to s-spare now.

>he looks at her and smiles, nodding
I would be honored
i cannot thank you enough, Anya

It's no problem r-really....
>She's blushing quite terribly, still not used to praise it seems.

>he'd go but he does not know where

It is nice to have someone to talk to during theese turbulent times
if you don't mind, that is..

>Kane comes up behind her and hugs her
"How's my niece doing today?"

That'd be fine with me...b-but you m-might need to talk to my l-legs....I need to finish attaching these g-guns before things to go hell.....a-again....
>She crouches infront of the tank again.

>But not before gasping in surprise.
H-Hey Uncle Kane....um...I'm d-doing fine. Comm- Mister Guerre and me were talking about Pulse Weapons.

If you need assistance, i am avalible

>he gets familiar with the pulse carbine and even takes a moment to look in a mirror and shave himself real quick

>He pats her head
"Heh, you truly are a precious thing, you know that?"
>he sifts through her short hair

Um....well....could you hand me m-my toolbox?
>There is a dark red toolbox lying on a crate next to the Pulse Ammo.

Mrow? W-What do you mean?
>Anya sounds confused, the sifting seems to relaxing however.

>he picks it up and hands it over to her, happy to help, before resuming looking into the pocket mirror and continuing his shave

>he would do it in private, but no such luxury

"You make everyone around you happy. Especially me"
>he continues to sift through her hair
"None could ask for a better niece"

T-Thank you....
>Anya takes some tools from the box and -would- get under the tank to work on the guns....

>But Kane's hand movements sort of preclude that, so she just finishes attaching them by feel.
I'm n-not really that g-good....l-lots of people are better...

>He sits down next to her
"You are Anya. You're the best"
>he hugs her
"I love you"

L-Love you too...
>The blush is real.
S-S-So...um....what do you think h-happened to the people h-here?

>He lets go of her and sits next to her niece
"I'm...not sure...neither am I sure I want to know"