kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previously on Jumpchain!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MbA8TKIeJ7g
docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u0uS4TJX7Hi1Qxr9x9yMzpy4GFJpMi7K8ZTNJacsdt0#h.4wv1a476vksq
pastebin.com/MvKSm5fN
pastebin.com/6uxmqpSt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So Jumper, when's the last time you spent entirely too long on some random task?

>Editionless Edition
You were so close, English. I was rooting for you. Really!

>How dangerous is The Incredibles as a Super Kid? Is it like Ranma 1/2? Some of those powers don't look like they have non-lethal settings.
To quote the movie: "Remember the bad guys on the shows you used to watch on Saturday mornings? Well, these guys aren't like those guys. They won't exercise restraint because you are children. They *will* kill you if they get the chance. Do *not* give them that chance."

Basically, if you go out Superhero'ing, things are serious. Supers seem sorta rare though, so you're mostly just facing henchmen and/or common criminals with guns.

Also if you don't go out and do Super stuff, it's basically just ordinary, average life (unless you're really unlucky and get targeted by a supervillain).

Also also, watch out for Cape-related accidents. Like getting it caught in a plane's engine. This universe really hates capes .

Question: If one of my companions has a weapon/vehicle altform, can I simultaneously import them as both companion and weapon/vehicle?

is there anything to let you train otherwise mundane people to peak human levels? Something like all those groups of comic book ninjas that can keep up with literal superheroes

Reposting this question for Red from last thread.
>What will be the new start/end years for MCU part 1?

it would likely depend on the jump, but 99/100 I would say no

Hey infernals question,If you have a motorcycle as an alt form can you upgrade that with the Hellstorm Rider?

Remodeling from Madoka Box lets you train normal people up to super soldier levels.

JLD Jump progress. Almost jumpable. Just needs a few more perks, items, and drawbacks. Then I'll start organising everything and polishing out the fluff. Then I'll add the notes and be done. Should be done by tomorrow or the next day.

I'd like some opinions on Metamorphosis, though. Not sure it's going to work out.

Teach them normal martial arts, and then give them any one of several super soldier serums. BOOM: better living through pharmacology.

Wasted several decades perfecting a technological device only to remember I had magical powers that made it all entirely pointless. It was a neat exercise but I resented the amount of time I wasted in the effort.

Pretty sure that's a no.

In an unrelated note, Dan Gerous has found himself the "imaginary" nightmare guardian of a small child.

In a further unrelated note, FLCL is coming along well. I'm struggling a bit getting the tone right, but a mechanical WiP will be posted in the next few days.

>Your Own Skin (400 CP, Discount Con Man): ... Any time you have to opportunity to all away from a dangerous situation
Did you mean to crawl away? If not, I'm not sure what you're saying there.

Huh. That's supposed to be walk away. My bad.

Looking good, definitely needs some formatting but this looks like it's fun.

>I'd like some opinions on Metamorphosis, though. Not sure it's going to work out.
It's not broken, if that's what you're wondering. I'm not sure that I'd be tempted to take it were I to build Magician. I mean, the ability to enhance your power is great but the fact that its a succeed or die doesn't make it super appealing to me.

I wouldn't take it out, and I'm sure there are other people who will definitely take it, I'm just not sure that I'd grab it. Make sense?

The intro text for age still references the Agent background you removed.

I like Metamorphosis, even if it's a bit of a weird one.

Will there be item discounts?

>Metamorphosis
The ability to give others a quest to become magicians is neat. Not as keyed up on the buffing side of it, but I think it makes sense.

...Sure, as long as you don't mind it being permanently attached to you like a helltech graft.

That means you're permanently Attuned to it and followed by the Omen Weather it generates (The mentioned "inexplicable bursts of wind and static electricity")

But otherwise, go ahead. (Not like it'd want to let you de-attuned normally anyway...)

>But otherwise, go ahead. (Not like it'd want to let you de-attuned normally anyway

now Would this be replacing A engine or as an additional engine?

Metamorphosis seems okay if a bit underwelming.

Same with Primordial, since each of the three effects requires you to buy a 400 cp perk, but none of them seem better than the other capstones. Hell Frankenstein seems a bit worse. Maybe have the perk do something on it's own?

I kinda like Metamorphosis but right now it sounds like too much danger for ambiguous rewards.I would tone down the danger and call it a water down version of the canon equivalent I assume you are basing it on. Right now it almost sounds like a drawback level test that is going to stop you from using other powers or shit to even survive.

I feel like Primordial Vampire and Frankenstein are a little underwhelming compared to the other capstones or even Primordial Ghost. Aside from adding that thing about minions you mentioned the other day for vampires, though, I'm not sure what to recommend. Maybe have Primordial have an effect of its' own?

As someone not familiar with Exalted, what are Manses? I saw them on the previous WIP and forgot to ask up until now.

Default's replacing an engine. But if you've got the space, you can also just add it on if that's preferable.

>The intro text for age still references the Agent background you removed.
Noted.

Most likely. Once I uflesh out the item section.

>Hell Frankenstein seems a bit worse. Maybe have the perk do something on it's own?
I guess it would be too powerful to have it give a boost to any other similar monstrous forms you have?

I thought the risk-reward may be too skewed. I hadn't originally intended for this, but gave me an idea. How about it giving you the ability to "initiate" anyone into magic, allowing them to learn to use DC magic?

>How about it giving you the ability to "initiate" anyone into magic, allowing them to learn to use DC magic?
I'd love the shit out of that.

Manses are magitech buildings that channel geomantic energy, feng shui and let limes and all that. In addition to being the magical equivalent of infrastructure, factoriea and power plants and the like, they also produce "hearthstones", crystals that give enhanced Essence recovery and minor superpowers. A manse is a really useful thing for an Exalt, fueling their powers and facilitating their crafting and empire-building.

That'd be great, actually. How would it work exactly, would you have to do it one at a time or could you initiate a small group all at once?

>How about it giving you the ability to "initiate" anyone into magic, allowing them to learn to use DC magic?
Fuck yeah.

God damn, that is a lot if typos. That's what I get for phone posting, I guess.

Now that is interesting. Can only a Yozi/God make them? I noticed that all of the manses were attached to a particular Yozi.

Don't worry about it user, I appreciate you answering my question.

Alright, sounds good.

>How would it work exactly, would you have to do it one at a time or could you initiate a small group all at once?
It could either be where you simply start teaching someone or some type of ritual – a sharing of blood or something? Doesn't really matter. You could initiate multiple people, either way.

Phone posting is suffering.

Honestly, that sounds fine for the price. The main thing I noticed is that for one of the Primordial effects, it costs 1000/500 cp vs 600/300 cp for another capstone. But even though it actually costs more, it doesn't really seem better and at least one effect seems worse.

Gotcha, that sounds worth the price to me. Dang it, now I might have to sacrifice some of the perks I was going to grab before. I was planning on going full ham on drawbacks anyway. Would it be possible to beat Dark Responsibilities with only in-jump stuff, by the way? Because Quartet of Sin stripping me of my outside jump powers...

Exalted are the main group of beings that built and used manses.

I think I'll make it so that vampires created by Primordial Vampires are closer to their level. They're immune to sun, have control over their bloodlust, have the unique abilities, etc.

Frankenstein, I'm not sure yet. I'm skewing into non-canon stuff, but I suppose it could be a further physical buff and magic resistance?

If nothing else, I'll just reduce the price somehow.

Definitely doable, yeah. Especially with 2000 CP worth of stuff.

>You could initiate multiple people, either way.
Sweet. Magical Empire: go.

Demesnes are naturally occuring, while manses are just magitech and architecture. Pretty sure Gods/Primordials can make either themselves, though.

The manses up for purchase seem to be tied to the Yozi thematically (Kimbery's seems to be... a sea monster? Elloge's is related to writing, Szoreny's has a lot of mirrors).

Basically , yes. They also can get a lot of magic powers like illusionary figments going around, endless supplies of food to feed a thousand people, or flying castles.

Anyone with knowledge of geomancy can make them. They're mainly built by Exalts in Creation. mainly by Demons in hell.

They're just aspected to a particular thing, usually the Elements in Creation. Often the Yozi in Malfeas.

Maybe Frankenstein would have some electrical powers?

Ah, gotcha. I might have to look into that myself once the jump's finished.

Hey is Primordial Ghost based on any DC character? I kinda wanted to look at examples if there is such a thing.

Just a note, since no one mentioned it.
A Demense is naturally attuned to an Element, an Exalt type, or a Yozi. A Manse MUST be built on top of a Demense, and acts to improve it and make it better in basically every way.

There are charms that allow you to create a Demense.

Also Malfias has a Third Circle Soul who is by far the BEST at making Manses, Solars used to summon her all the time to make Manses for them.

This seems somewhat relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=MbA8TKIeJ7g

Oh, well that works too. If it's that easy to make them, then I suppose I will have to form my own MAGIC EMPIRE OF DOOM™-

>must be built on top of a Demense
Oh, that's a shame-

>There are charms that allow you to create a Demense
NEVER MIND BACK ON TRACK!

Frankenstein having a physical buff and magic resistance makes sense, since they seem the tankiest. You might also want to look into Primordial doing something by itself, since none of the other capstones require a 400 cp perk to do something.

Maybe the Atlantean thing, though that kind of overlaps with Magical Blood.

Could work.

Essentially a slightly more powerful version of Deadman. His upper end feats, possessing the House or Mystery, a hivemind of old gods, dragging a guardian of the afterlife into the real world,and splitting into hundreds of bodies to possess demonic puppet things and causing them to self destruct, are much easier for you than they were for him.

>We have to find John Constantine.
How about no.

>Oh, well that works too. If it's that easy to make them.
Well... they come in a scale of power.

From 1 to 5 (and N/A, but you basically don't get those) and you need supernatural skill to make anything above 3.

Infernals can do that though. It's just not easy.

One Malfian Charm lets you turn any God you kill into a Rank 1 Demense of Vitriol.
There are 5 ranks of Demense, the Manse can only be as strong as the Demense under it.

I THINK you can use Sorcery to make a Demense more powerful, but I'm not certain.

Ah, gotcha. Still, Magic Empire of Doom™ is happening, even if it takes me a while.

Yep, looking forward to that. Supposed to have the actor from the Constantine show voicing John.

Yeah, It'll get something. Maybe it'll just make it so whatever alt-form you're in is its equivalent of comic book "peak human".

Pretty sure there is stuff in solar circle sorcery to reshape the land as you see fit, including making demenses at whatever power you like because solar (The spell is solar sanctuary). Also I /think/ there is ways to create demenses in the wyld shaping technique line of solar charms.

My thought for Frankenstein is sharing your gift of life with other chimaeras of corpses. So you can slap together ridiculous arrangements of corpses and create ny-unstoppable undead behemoths from them. With maybe using the creations as replacement vessels in the event of your primary body's demise. Admittedly not sure how well that fits DC.

Even a Rank 1 Demense/Manse is worth having. The higher ranks are notably more powerful, but even Rank 1s are worth having.

Right, which means that the SWLiHN charm for Wyld Shaping should be able to make them.

>Supposed to have the actor from the Constantine show voicing John
Such a shame that show got cancelled. He's in my top five for perfect casting / performances of a comic book character. He fucking nailed it.

>Right, which means that the SWLiHN charm for Wyld Shaping should be able to make them.
Constructive Convergence of Principles specifically mentions you need to have Essence 7 to make Demesnes in Creation.

But when you do get there, you can literally just shape them up wherever you want.

So that's cool.

I like that.

I know, man. It was pretty great. Mostly killed by the timeslot, I think.

Quick rules question. The Revalid Charm that lets you gain the Ambrosia from prayers to you, that would normally go to Heaven.
Do you think we only need to use it once total, or once per universe we go to?

>Quick rules question. The Revalid Charm that lets you gain the Ambrosia from prayers to you, that would normally go to Heaven.
>Do you think we only need to use it once total, or once per universe we go to?
Hm. Link to it? (I don't remember)

>I know, man. It was pretty great. Mostly killed by the timeslot, I think.
Timeslot and network. It didn't belong on NBC. If it had started out on CW or Syfy it would have been able to keep running. I was really hoping it'd get picked up by CW, so it could be folded into their expanding DC verse.

There's also that Cecelyne charmset that lets you create demenses out of wasteland.

docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u0uS4TJX7Hi1Qxr9x9yMzpy4GFJpMi7K8ZTNJacsdt0#h.4wv1a476vksq

Omphalic Reverence Receptacle

>Omphalic Reverence Receptacle
Hm.

Looks like it'd work fine just using it once, atleast to me?

Yeah, but thankfully we instead we got months of poorly written Olicity fanfiction. That was fun.

Fair enough. Not much trouble to have to use it once per universe, but it's nice to know.

Bluh.

The first few season of that show were great, but it's kinda gone down hill. I'm wondering how they'll handle the big xover they're ramping up for. I'm enjoying Legends of Tomorrow, even though its just shlock. I'm way behind on Flash and I haven't been able to watch Arrow for a while.

Can someone tell me how do I into exalted properly. What books would you suggest

Get blind drunk, then go into the exalted general thread and read even numbered posts. That's the only way to understand that shit.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've only had Netflix lately, so I'm just now finishing S2 of Flash and starting Legends of Tomorrow. Pretty fun so far, but I didn't like S2 of Flash as much as the first one. I'm just not even bothering with Arrow anymore because it became so insufferable.

As someone who owns nearly every exalted 2nd edition rulebook, I second this notion

The Exalted 2nd Edition Core book, the Supplement for whatever Exalt type interests you.
After that just look for what interests you, the 1st Age books, the Directional books, etc.

Also Talk to people who are already into Exalted and ask them shit.

LoT is really fun. It's straight popcorn; its watching a comic. It won't change your life, but it's good at what it does.

Season 1 of Flash was damn near perfect. S2 is so-so with some high points. The best thing Flash does is Barry is a great Flash and they've done a good job of having big weird DC-like arcs.

I heard a rumor that they'd be doing some kind of live action JLD, which I think would be great. I was hoping Strange was going to do better so it'd spur WB or whoever owns the property to do something with it, but while Strange is doing well I don't know that it's doing well enough to warrant that type of reaction.

6. Dark Souls
Majula
Disciple of Sunlight (900)
Import Bigby and Miranda (800)
Gross Incandescence
Soul Smith (500)
Sir Alonne (0)
Estus Flask
Sunlight Straight Sword

Bigby:
Hunter of the Lost
Sense Evil
Judgement(Evil) (150)
Bonfire Creation (50)

Miranda:
Dragon Disciple
Duelist
Draconic Transformation (0)

And here's the narration: pastebin.com/MvKSm5fN

1. Hero BBS
2. Rust
3. Demon Souls
4. Gargoyles
5. Bloodborne
6. Samurai Jack

Need two low-power Jumps for replacements; here's what I've done so far: pastebin.com/6uxmqpSt

CATastrophe

Dragon's Crown

Spice & Wolf

Megaman Classic.

infinicon

Constantine is part of Arrowverse shame they didn't renew the show, but he did basically show up in one episode in Arrow. Then left.

I remember hearing something about a live action JLD a while back, but I doubt it'll go anywhere. I'd watch the shit out of it, though.

Didn't they get in legal trouble for that and that's why it was a one off?

Rolled 5 (1d8)

Thanks, all!

1. Hero BBS
2. Rust
3. Demon Souls
4. Gargoyles
5. Bloodborne
6. Samurai Jack
7. CATastrophe
8. Dragon's Crown
Saved: Spice & Wolf, Megaman Classic, Infinicon

S6 of Arrow has gotten really good, like out the freaking blue. Like no more Olicity, Oliver actually has a team. An antagonist that is actually pretty frighting, because he's playing mind games with Oliver without saying a single word.

Flash S2 was boring then it got awesome. Zoom was such a wasted villain until the very end.

NBC still holds the rights or something. IDK WB is so weird with their DC licenses. We didn't get Superman until S2 of Supergirl (which BTW is way better than S1). So far Flash S3 has been great, if a little slow.

Incidentially, can I just say I want a charm just to do this part:
>The Blasphemy Effect generated by that Charm is Essence 10, and fills the archives of the prayer registries of Yu Shan with mocking laugher for a year and a day as a Sorcerous effect.

That just seems like such a hilariously dickish thing to do. Especially when you /know/ no one there can cast Countermagic strong enough to stop it.

Would fit perfectly for the one Devil Tiger I actually got to play.

Yeah, it's pretty great.

I want it because I know if I used it in SMT it would piss YHVH off. Would serve the smug prick right, too.

Yo, YJ! Some questions:

1) Can Toon Physicist be used to imbue objects with your speed?

2) Can Non-Euclidean mind crete bags of holding? If so, do they have the weight of what's inside? I would assume not, because otherwise a continent-spanning telephone box should sink into the ground, but this stuff is weird.

What jumps give you shonen-protaganist style "come up with crazy strategies in the middle of a battle" stuff?

Isn't Ragman on their team now? I remember hearing something about that.

>S6 of Arrow has gotten really good, like out the freaking blue. Like no more Olicity, Oliver actually has a team. An antagonist that is actually pretty frighting, because he's playing mind games with Oliver without saying a single word.
Do I need to watch the subsequent seasons? I watched 1-3 but fell off after that.

1. No, but you could give it the properties that protect you when moving at high speeds.

2. Yes, however I've ruled that moving structures have less extra-dimensional space in exchange for being portable. Their contents don't factor into their weight.

Yeah. Ragman is pretty cool. His costume is dank as fuck. He survived a nuclear blast that Felicity redirected to his city in the last season finale. His father was Ragman before him, and so forth down the line. He mystical rags protected him against the nuke. He's also no sells bullets and just about anything else too. He's super strong and can manipulate rags tentacles with same strength.

No. Not really. Maybe watch later half of S4. We're on S5 now and its pretty good.

He looks like the Jeepers Creepers monster.

Does Doctor Doom usually call upon external entities to power his magic?

Yeah, he was in Shadowpact. Cool that he's on a show now.

>Basing the worth of a jump purely on how powerful it makes you

I seriously hope you don't do this.

Neato. Are you going to offer that suit in an update?