Join a new game

>Join a new game
>It's some 80s shit called RIFTS

This game is pretty fucking awesome. I made a "robot pilot" which is pretty much a guy with a Mech. There's some weird mutant vampire guy, some psychic human torch guy and a couple random dudes that I can't figure out what their gimmick is yet in the party.

Anyone ever play this shit anymore besides us? Pic related, it's RIFTS

We've played it. The Veeky Forums consensus is:

>Awesome setting.
>Fucking horrible rules.

There's a Savage Worlds version coming out soon.

The game is simple as hell, I learned it in one session. What was your problem?

Guess it was just a drive by /v/ post, that's too bad.

Well, guess I'll see you around space cowboys.

simple does not equate to good.

The savage worlds books have been out for a while, haven't they?

Don't worry about that retard OP. I've never played your game but it looks alright, if a little goofball. 6/10 would check it out.

Didn't the last decade teach you that remakes always suck?

That's what they call a "sequel" m80.

I actually find RIFTS to be a terrible kitchen sink setting.

It just throws shit together with little context, and actually has it take place on Earth, which is the largest faux-pas of all.

That's what they call a "soft reboot". Which is both.

Fuck Hollywood.

>which is the largest faux-pas of all.

what

Friends don't let friends play RIFTS

I've tried playing this game four times. Every single time, it was a giant shitshow. Admittedly two of those times were because I had the most worthless DMs I've ever encountered, but my experiences at least suggest that's an issue with who actually wants to run a Rifts game.

I find kitchen sink settings that take place in the actual recognizable world are terrible.

I can already tell that if you applied to my game I'd have to ban you right away. The problem is you, young man.

A "soft reboot" just means they made a sequel long after the other films, usually in the hope of making more. It's not a remake at all.
6/10 made me reply

Well, as Hank is awesome and Bobby is garbage I'm going to have to recommend that next time you use an image that reinforces your point. As it stands I'm about to go re-read Rifts right now.

Ssshhhhhhhh... It's okay little dude. No need to get so upset about a game you've clearly never read or played.

I've read through the Savage Worlds version. It's a kitchen sink setting. I cannot muster up any enthusiasm for kitchen sink settings.

>To prove remakes don't suck I will use as example a movie which is not a remake!

Seems like you mustered up enough enthusiasm to get mad about it cutiepie. :^)

I've read it, never played. Never wanted to, never will.

>can't tell if op is
>anti-rifts shitposter trying to start a ruckus
>pro-rifts pretending to be new and shill
>actually so fresh out the womb they've never heard of rifts and how much it sucks until 48 hours ago

Then why waste all this effort being so mad, little dog?

Yep. Anyone who doesn't like your game must simply be ignorant about it (and lying if they say they've played it). That's the only explanation.

My group has about 6 different games using 6 different systems. One of them is Rifts and that is the only game that I skip. They've played one game of Rifts using Savage Worlds and I'd like to try it, but I was unfortunately busy that week.

>I cannot muster up any enthusiasm
>Oh he must be mad!
You seem not to understand the English.

You're one impressive cold-reader.

Cool as a crispy cucumber, clearly. :^)

I played a session or two of it, I was a 99% machine cyborg samurai, we got dropped into one of the Hells, I cut a hell worm in half, half the party (including myself) had freak outs from nightmares and our mission was to kill the ruler of pandemonium.
My favourite part was, after travelling to Pandemonium, we were greeting by sexy demons. When they came to my cyborg, I looked down at them and simply stated:
>Unfortunately I do not posses genitals
Still makes me chuckle when I think about it.

Not sure what happened to that game. I think term ended and we never reconvened. Was fun though.

I read that in the Robocop voice. 10/10

"Thank you for your cooperation."

I've been running games a long time. It's pretty easy to pick you guys out after a while. Who knows, maybe I threw you out of one of my games in the past and you're still mad.

With a good GM, RIFTS can be hella fun. With a crap GM, you're in for a tangled mess.

Also, since you're a robot pilot, here is an important thing to remember:

You can not kick in Gerwalk mode.

I don't know how you're trying to come off, but you sound like someone who literally masturbates to the sound of your own voice.

Hope that didn't make you too mad, sport.

just kiss already

are we talking about dead 80s games in here? because car wars is the penultimate dead 80s game.

>CAR WARS
Rad

I remember that I once played that, with my gaming group when I was in grade school.
I have absolutely no recall of the actual game though.

I've actually never been kicked out of a game. It's possible we've crossed paths, though. Did you have a Great Horned Dragon GMPC who tried to force our characters to follow the plot or else, or did you run a Monty Haul campaign so over the top that the party's Cosmo Knight was the weakest character in the group?

it's like ludicrously complicated for some reason. tons of customization options and expansions and lore and stuff though, and the setting is rad as hell

it is indeed rad, user.

Confirmed to have been kicked out of like 100 games

>I find kitchen sink settings that take place in the actual recognizable world are terrible.

Watch Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still

Best kitchen sink setting IMO.

Confirmed for-never GM

OP is a massive faggot troll from the Pally boards. He occasionally comes here to insult anyone who doesn't like his favorite game, and obliviously posts 5-year-old reaction images.

Don't feed the troll, this isn't a legit Rifts thread.

It would be prefect for a sandbox game in the vein of dayz, or even a small scale eve-like.
Thought about developing it myself, but I got no idea where to find 20 other programmers and two and a half million dollars.

Seems like you are really really mad. :^)

there are a few games based around it, interstate 76 being one of the more notable ones. unfortunately it's kind of forgotten to time and the obtuse ruleset makes it hard to recruit new players.

Just run it with the rifts rules, problem solved

Going from one obtuse rules set to another hardly fixes anything.

Sounds like quite a bit of history you got there mate, sure you're not boxing shadows?

I miss checkmark guy. He was my favorite Rifts supporter/false-flagger.

Tell us more, oh wise one

George "the same guy directed Mad Max AND Babe: Pig in the City?!" Miller described it as a reboot.

>With a good GM, RIFTS can be hella fun. With a crap GM, you're in for a tangled mess.

So like every RPG.

A reboot isn't the same thing as a remake

>robot pilot
nigga do you even GLITTER?