>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for Dark Eldar

Second for how do I melee AdMech

I sexually identify as a rotor cannon. My pronouns are brrrt, brrrt and brrrtself

Isn't a bit too early for a new general?

>page 9
>500 posts in
Not exactly too early.

Oh wow din'dt realised it was that far already, ok

Is it bad if you can make the nob in a naut work against Tyranids?

>*deep strikes behind u*
>*unsheathes crushing claws*

Nothin persssonel...green-sskin..

I'm new and almost have all the models I need for this, just short a Kastelan box.

Is this a stupid list or worth running for 1k point matches? 1000 points on the button.

Cohort Cybernetica

Tech-Priest Dominus (1) - 135pts
1 Tech-Priest Dominus: Volkite blaster,Macrostubber,Refractor field,Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land

Kastelan Robot Maniple (3) - 320pts
1 Cybernetica Datasmith: Refractor field
2 Kastelan Robot: Twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster,Carapace-mounted heavy phosphor blaster

Kastelan Robot Maniple (3) - 320pts
1 Cybernetica Datasmith: Refractor field
2 Kastelan Robot: Twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster,Carapace-mounted heavy phosphor blaster

Skitarii Maniple

Skitarii Vanguard (5) - 55pts
1 Vanguard Alpha: Radium carabine
4 Skitarii Vanguard: Radium carabine

Skitarii Vanguard (5) - 55pts
1 Vanguard Alpha: Radium carabine
4 Skitarii Vanguard: Radium carabine

Onager Dunecrawler (1) - 115pts
1 Onager Dunecrawler: Neutron laser and cognis heavy stubber

Man i miss old one eye somethin' fierce.

I can't remember what the Dogfighting stats of the Xipon and Darkstar are. But the former is suppose to be an air superiority fighter, but it's also pretty crap.

But the Leviathan Dread and Contemptor are good too.

Here's your promotion to Sybarite, brother.

You know what I want?

Chaplain Dreadnoughts being universal.
Chapter Master Dreadnoughts.

Well, he's """"""GOOD""""" against Orks at least, and i've punched a Stompa and a 'naut to death in the same game with him.

He's always been my favorite character. Maybe if we ever get a decurion or some non-shit formations he could get some buffs

Are Black Templar players rare? I feel like I'm gonna be one of the only ones.

furry literraly mad that TS BTFO them on so many lever they had to come to prospero with a ratio of 100:1 to even try.

Lemon Russian Confirmed autistic and can only eliminated threat with a full force of 200k Spaces marines.
Even ultramarines can split and still kill something.

>Chapter Master Dreadnoughts

So you want venerable dreadnoughts?

Since fourth edition they seem to just keep dwindling.

There'll always be a core a supporters though, welcome to the world of the Crimson Fists.

I'm about to buy a 1,000 points of nids and I've never played them before. What should I expect? (The models are sexy)

no.

Are Black Templars bad?

Nah. I mean shit like the Red Scorpions, but for my OCDONUTSTEEL.

What's the best way to represent a company of these assholes on the tabletop?

They certainly aren't great.
The Emperors Champion is good, but a bit of a glass cannon. Crusader Squads are good for Marine blobbing and Land Raiders are a must/

Only DE and Nids have no decurion. This upsets me

Painting figures to look that way

The fact that he's arriving from Deep Strike doesn't leave me very worried.

New Knight!

GW is over priced.

And Grey Knights...It's okay though, user. I forgive you. We're forgotten by a lot of people.

That Cohort probably won't be close to dying ever, at all, or even get close to losing more than maybe 1, MAXIMUM 2 Kastelans if the enemy focuses while possibly mowing through most things that dare to cross the unit.

Main drawback will be your ability to hold several control points at once, but you'll have quite the advantage in Kill Points I'd imagine.

If you have all the models (just about) I'd definitely give it a try if I were you. Absolutely love the Cohort Cybernetica myself and try to run it whenever I can reasonably do so. Too bad my store normally runs 850 points and, while a Cohort is possible, having a single unit isn't really the best thing.

Please do try it and report back, though. I really want to run pretty much this same list minus the Dunecrawler myself and don't want to buy it all just to be royally disappointed.

That was the plan, senpai, but I was looking more for suggestions on particular models, units or chapter tactics.

Is that Knightly Grav?

Nah they're not bad, they're probably better off as part of the main codex since they won't get left behind and they'll always get access to new stuff.

Just out of sight out of mind, they have less models than the other standalone chapters also, just one upgrade sprue I think.

>Oh also, another fun fact. GW is updating Bretonnians to coincide with the DLC released of Warhammer: Total War. This means new models, new units. Everything.
how is it a fact if it isn't supported by proofs?
also bretonnia is ded

Maybe I won't go Black Templars anymore. I really liked em but ah well. Maybe I'll go Necrons or Skitarii

Dress as Templars, play as Fists.

Disappointment. I've been playing Nids since 2nd edition and right now they are in the worst state they have ever been. Genestealer Cults which just came out are actually good and some people are trying to breathe life back into Nids by allying in GSC but eventually you'll come to realize there's literally no reason not to just dump the Nids completely and use the points on more GSC.

Yes, they're an army based around close combat with nothing else to boost their shooting so you're stuck trying to get into assault which is hard as shit when your opponent can blast you apart in their turn and your assault phase plus its not like Black Templars have access to some awesome assault unit like Wulfen or Wolf Cav that will just wreck face.

That and the fact that they have no access to a decurion that gives their tactics a boost like the rest of the chapters IN THE SAME FUCKING CODEX leaves you in a spot that is just as bad as it was back in 5th-6th.

Black Templars suck and have sucked shit since 5th ed, I love them but they suck.

Traitor Legions leak when?

Meh, I'll just go Necrons and get a reclamation legion plus a canoptek harvest.

Aw thats pretty dissapointing

Go Ordo Reductor.

Is spaming gaunts a viable tactic, I'm planning on having 60 in a 1,000 point match?

Not a nid player but i really do hope they get something nice and soon. Since y'know, not playing a faction doesn't stop me from liking them/wishing they get cool shit too.

I still like Helbrecht

two threads ago

I don't believe you.

It's not new. We've seen this months ago.

>ending every sentence with !

don'tdothat.jpg

It looks adorably grumpy in a way.

Don't. It was literally "My dad works at nintendo" with "they cost 60 multimeltas and have 5-2x(2+1) Strength and the 1000th Battle of Hastings Toughness"

And i dont belive you either.

It's not new, either. The rules for it have it at 600 points with insanely good stats.

Ehhh, not especially. Using Tervigons and hoping you shit out lots of free gaunts is a bit better, but the problem with Tyranids is all of our melee is too slow to do its job, and all of our synapse except Flyrants is too overcosted and/or fragile, and once the synapse dies it doesn't matter how many gaunts you have.

It's basically Codex: Flyrants.

Take a bunch of allied wyverns

I'm playing them because I love their design, "philosophy" and their characters.

Sadly, they have great unique characters and a sweet troop choice that is really confined by what they get to actually use in the generic SM codex. Helbrecht has a sweet 1-per-game ability, the Emperor's Champion is one hell of a HQ-killer, especially for only 140 points and Grimaldus, while expensive, projects a sweet-ass bubble and is surprisingly sturdy too. Crusaders also let you pack metric fucktons of models and guns and have the biggest fucking Dedicated Transport available for them, meaning Objective Secured on a AV14 box.

Unfortunately, that's where the advantages end.

They don't have any unique banners to give their guys or other chapter relics, their Chapter Tactic is situational at best. Adamantium Will might save your ass every now and then against some Psyker and Crusader can help you get forward faster, sure. Getting bonus attacks is also nice at first glance. Losing the advantage of using Librarians is a big drawback already, however. Add to that that your most important aspect of your tactic, the extra attacks, costs you at the very least 10 points per trigger if a Neophyte dies for swinging with regular WS4, S4 and AP- which really, really doesn't work half the time.

To make things even worse, Crusaders aren't allowed in any Formation since they can bring more weapons and Grimaldus can't join any unit, not even a Command Squad, if he brings even a single Servitor.

They are certainly fun when they do work, but sadly they rarely do. I like running a Land Raider Spearhead with them or some Terminators, but you're still often better off with other Chapter Tactics, even when doing something fitting their style.

Give them a try, see if you like them and don't be discouraged if you lose. They're not 'bad' but the most 'meh' out of all Codex: SM chapters.

>1000th Battle of Hastings Toughness
NERF

Any hopes for Imperial Agents?

I hope they will make ordo xenos character(Helynna Valeria or someone else)
Some new one use weapons for inquisitors.

I still can't decide if I want to make my own codex chapter or use an existing one.

Are there any Egyptian-themed loyalists?

Nope. I got it wrong. It's stats are:

4 large blast str 10 ap 1 shots, av 14 13 12, 435 points.

>Are there any Egyptian-themed loyalists?
Thousand Sons

It's likely just Inquisitors + Assassins + SoS + Custodes. But if they bring models for Valeria and shit, then neat.

For you.

It has nine sub-factions.

Blood Ravens? But seriously, you should homebrew one.

>Egyptian-themed
>Blood Ravens
Nigga wat

They'll need lots of Dreads to match the whole funerary thing the Egyptians have going on too.

But it is. Warhammer Total War is releasing the DLC next year, right. Yet there is already Bretonnians in the game. The DLC is making them playable outside of mods and custom battles. The info of this DLC says they're adding new units, quests and lords.

Furthermore, since Bretonnia is literally mentioned in AoS and their Warhammer World display is empty, just like SoB are, means they're being updated.

You'll see. The reason for the DLC delay, despite all the current Bretonnian models being in the game, is because they're working with GW over the new units.

>Blood Ravens?

Are Space Gypsies.

This is a 40k thread, no one cares about your dead fantasy game.

I foresee some good anti nid/chaos shenanigans to counter the latest releases.

The local nidplayer is wrecking ass with an ever growing cult/nid army
And the Chaos supplement could make a couple of grognards come out semi retirement, which can be a scary prospect for the local meta

Just play necrons or thousand sons.

Ordo Xenos
Ordo Malleus
Ordo Hereticus
Culexus Temple
Vindicare Temple
Calldius Temple
Eversor Temple
SoS
Custodes

Done.

I was thinking of a dreadnought chapter master.

Egyptian was only one of the archetypes I was thinking of anyway.

....I kinda want to take a unit of Thallax and convert them into Chaos Obliterators.

All the assassins are one faction you idiot. So are the three Ordos.

People will appreciate it if you play more obscure factions, they'll be happy to see a fluffy Black Templar army... Necrons, Maybe not so much.

Has anyone actually played Stormcloud Attack? I did and it was quite enjoyable, the Heldrake is a nice model too, though I'd probably rather have had a Ork VS Chaos box since the Stormraven won't go with my Imprial Armies( Dark Angels and Space Wolves).

However Imperial Knights renegade bored me to tears. How about that jungle scout game or the Assasinorium one?

Does anyone actually play these games?

deathwatch
grey knights
sob stories
custodes
silence of the lambs (Adeptus Astra Telepathica)
assassins
inquisition

The last two are up in the air. Possibly stormtroopers. Who knows. I doubt they'll add in any new models, or include rules for named inquisitors without models.

Take a look at the image, the book is thicker than C:SM. It's going to have a lot more than that.

Yeah, cause Assassins never kill each other, right? Also I was memeing, Jesus.

Sisters of Battle are getting an update in March, so they won't be in there. Why would they combine Deathwatch, GK and so on into a single book when they already have unique codexes?

Then this is making me worry that it's turning into AoS's Battletomes.

1. Inquisition
2. Sisters of Battle
3. Grey Knights
4. Wyrdvane Psykers
5. Stormtroopers
6. Deathwatch
7. Assassins
8. Sisters of Silence
9. Custodes

Star Phantom chapter tactics and use the Anvil strike force to bring a ton of precise artillery.

++Thought of the day++
Danger is always close.

>Sisters of Battle are getting an update in March, so they won't be in there
Nigger we have photos of the white dwarf. They're in the book. All of the ones I listed.

Has GW figured out how to Black Friday yet?

>The info of this DLC says they're adding new units, quests and lords.
green knight, morgiana le fey and that other literally who, also pilgrims, grail reliquiary, and other minor stuff; there're not enough charlemagnes to spend on units GW DOES NOT INFORM its partners about and don't even fall under the part of the IP creative assembly has the rights to use (fantasy and age of sigmar are sold separately).

bretonnia is not mentioned in aos, *generic fantasy human faction from the main human city* is.

go back to the lewd elves.

If I was to make a BA army but just use C:SM, would people think it's cheesy bullshit?

Kek, Sisters are in that book, actually.

They're not even on the cover!

I'm kind of torn honestly. On the one hand, what is even going to be killing any of those Kastelans? On the other hand, what if it just gets kited all over and the enemy wins with points errytime?

The major plus of the setup is that Skitarii Start Collecting and 2 Kastelan boxes gives you all you need, so it's a 'cheap' army. I don't really know about the Onager however. I added it because I have one and it's nice, but the Cohort has so much firepower I'd almost rather have 2 Dragoons to be cavalry support and add the mobility the cohort doesn't have. But the points are hard to wrangle and I don't own 2 Dragoons, which are pretty pricy models.

>mfw

Jokes, I'd call you a faggot but withhold judgement on cheesiness until I saw a list.

Then why have they delayed it to next year then? Adding a few new units in shouldn't take months.

As for your "GW does not inform". This is incorrect. Deathwing has been created with GW supervision.

So we're turning into AoS Battletomes? Neat.

No-one would mind, but don't do it. BA lose a tonne of their flavour without stuff like Death Company or SangPriests.

>literally called Bretonnia
>b-b-but that doesn't count!! generic!!!

LEL.

>So we're turning into AoS Battletomes? Neat.

Grand Alliance style Faction groupings, I think.

We've heard rumours about that happening for a couple of months.

Why would you do that? All you gain access to is Thunderfire Cannons and Stormtalons. I can't remember if Master of the Forge exists any more.

Why do eldar lose every semi-important battle?

No, I think that they're reducing Sisters stuff, making new models for what they have, and making them ally-tier like they originally were.

Schrödingers Sisters

Well, I don't care as long as SoB get a proper separate codex.