After years of fighting, you've finally got into the BBEG's inner sanctum

> After years of fighting, you've finally got into the BBEG's inner sanctum
> His regime enslaved and killed countless people, but it's finally time for you to take him down.
> He's right there, before your eyes, sitting in his dark throne room in his black cloak
> He's unarmed, and, in fact, it doesn't seem like he wants to fight at all.
> Instead, he wants you to kill him
> He also claims that when you do kill him, you will become just as bad and evil as he is
> Everybody around nods - his words make a lot of sense to them.
What does your character reply?

Ultimately, he fought for what he believed in. I fought for what I believed in. If he wants me to kill him, then I'll do it. Fighting for something doesn't make it wrong.

They kill him.
If He said 'Hmm yes, my death will prove that up is in fact down' and his employees all nodded, it probably isn't true either.

Why worry about the rambling moral philosophy of someone you directly oppose anyways?

Blam the fucker and take the throne. I've seen what this silly bitch thinks is right, and if I'm anathema to that I'm all the more motivated to unfuck his nonsense.

Kill.

>"I'll see you in hell, William Munny."
>"Yeah."

>He also claims that when you do kill him, you will become just as bad and evil as he is

Kill him specifically because of this pathetic excuse of a cliche.

Absolute worst fucking excuse to not kill a villain.

..Kill him? Why is this even a question?

>He claims your just as bad if you kill him.
Well, everyone's wrong at least once in their life.

Proceed to kill him afterwards.

>...seriously? You try to pull dis trick on me?
>That reeks of some cheap trap. Because I refuse to believe you got to the top with philosophy as plebian as this one.

Thank you for your cooperation, your execution will be swift and painless. Don't worry, I'll ensure that you're given proper funerary rites.

"I can live with that."

Honestly though I don't actually believe I'd turn out as bad as him. If killing this one evil dude would automatically make me evil, killing his minions would have already made worse than him by now.

I just want a cool one-liner before I kill him and set me up for it perfectly.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

I'm not even gonna entertain him, shoot the fucker, I didn't slay an entire army of mooks just for the ultra-mook to say "Yeah, you're actually just as bad as me if you add another to the pile."

I'm a hero, not a philosopher, next time burn down a college or something if you want a morality debate, leave my villages alone.

Cripple, maim, or huskify them. This is obviously some death activated trap or not the real villain.

So worst case scenario it won't get any worse?

Pierce his hearth, chop off his head, burn the remains, dissolve the ashes in Aqua regia, pour the acid into the nearest major river or ocean.

Then go home and tend my garden.

Firstly, system: DtD.

Now then: He doesn't.

This is partly because he's already had one of the other party members take him to task over accidentally killing over 1000 people with Perils of the Warp (his response was "who the fuck cares, I'm still alive" and also "they were watching someone who's responsible for the false imprisonment, torture and brainwashing of at least a thousand people, and you want to take ME to task for accidentally killing them?"), but mostly because he's taken a vow of silence.

>kill
Ha. No. He will live, live a very long, although entirely unhappy life.

What, and all the minions I killed before him didn't count? Unless he has a permanency'd Magic Jar spell active or some other form of possession that doesn't require his body being alive, I don't see how killing him would make any difference.

>"Keep what you kill"

I'm calling Bullshit

Luke totally struck out at the emperor. The Emperor never intended to die. He had his bodyguard Vader(Luke's Father) intercede. It was all a show and a emotional power play to get Luke and Vader to fight.

Em was flaming goading and tempting Luke's anger into a fight. In his anger Luke was suppose to kill Vader and take his place at Em's side.

Em wasn't unarmed. He had Vader at his side, and all the force lightening. Em just wanted to trade in for a newer model skywalker. Like cars and wives.

So it's got to either be an evil curse, or something already within the character before the confrontation and this is just the BBEG forcing a tipping point to the dark side

I claim that if he doesn't kill himself, he'll be as bad as I am.

This is the most appropriate answer for this thread.