Have you ever GMd a game where the goal was to rescue a princess, and where the princess was a normal...

Have you ever GMd a game where the goal was to rescue a princess, and where the princess was a normal, typical fantasy princess with no bullshit "twist"?

How'd it go?

Players sold her into slavery since the slavers paid better then the king.

How did she feel about that?

My players killed her after they got convinced that she was possesed by daemon. I don't know if I roleplay women too bad or did I roleplay women too good.

So the twist was the GM wanted the Princess to be bought by well-paying slavers.

fantasy princesses aren't regular everyday women.
You should roleplay them accordingly instead of just roleplaying "a women".

No, not really.
They once rescued the princess's kid, of course.
The wizard was the point man for the retrieval, and gave the kid a lifelong fear of flying, wolves, fire, wolves on fire, and wizards.

>Of course
That was supposed to be 'though'. I don't know what happened there.

a wizard happened

>antasy princesses aren't regular everyday women
What do you mean? They have penises?

I figure most fantasy princesses would be trained to be at least as capable as a low-level PC, given her parents are royalty in a setting where things are trying to kill you all the time.
Fucking wizards.

You aren't being cute. You aren't being amusing.

Probably but the point is that from a roleplaying perspective, they shouldn't come off as average women, because they're IDEAL women

Like the PCs are ideal heroes, right?
So not at all.

Is this what passes for a joke among your misbegotten kind?

did something like that once... i don't know if it count as a twist or not

>tavern to adventure cliche beginning
>lowly king wants his little thing back
>players rescue princess
>princess is a little bitch can't do shit
>needs to be protected more from elements than monsters
>gets redpilled and toughen up
>gets shitfaced once
>hits on a half-orc for fun
>massive hangover, gets getto-bitchy, epic bantz enues
>this happens more often, party bonds with princess
>at the end she even beheds a goblin
>after 2 month ordeal, walks barefoot and dirty into a castle
>kings gets pissed, shits half of payment and bans adventurers from land
>fast forward 10 years
>big civil war
>adventurers get into trouble with local emperor
>jail
>brake out from jail
>coucht up
>sentenced to dea... wait a minute
>they are suddenly get let go, all gear back
>even got invitation to emperors court and royal army regiment as something like spec-ops
>emperors don't really seems to give a fuck
>wtf
>oh... in the back of throne, behind the emperor now a queen of the realm milf with that big bitchy shit grin, winks at the half-orc again

cliche, yeah
was a fun, fuck yeah

There was way fucking more in there but only this was relevant to OP's question.

Bitch, I'm adorable! Besides, after we arrive to my fathers castle I will ask him to cut your head off. Try acting so smug then.

the "teehee the cute girl had a dick all along" joke got stale half a decade ago

You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.

>How'd it go?
Party saved her no problem, they breezed through the boss encounter through sheer luck.
Then it happened:
>user, I roll to seduce
>user, I roll to seduce
>user, I roll to seduce
>user, my character is a straight woman, the fuck am I supposed to do now?
That was the last session of the campaing. The males fought each other over her, and I had her go to the female for protection. Didn't help, she was murdered too.
I wasn't happy, but it gave me a good starting point for the following campaign, where a new party had to take down a tyrannic usurper who had claimed the throne through marriage after all the other heirs suspiciously died.

You know, this is why when I had a campaign where the party rescues a damsel in distress, I had her be a woman of the cloth and her mother as an NPC tagalong to boot.

Not really, the king offered land and for them to become nobles.

The players said "Naa, we want hard cash, and went to a slavery they had a adventure with and offered her.

Don't think her opinion mattered.

And the king just let them leave with his daughter?
...Why?

King hired them with the promise of land, they rescued her, then went off to sell her to slavers.

They died later due to that mistake by hired swords of the king who hunted them down.

Not him, but if the king needs to hire someone to save his daughter, he probably can't protect her either.

Does the princess being actually a trap count as a bullshit twist?

No, because everyone knows that subverting expectations is so epin and it should always do it.

Currently playing such a game.
Our GM does a great job, he tons of detailed NPCs, each with his own portraits and global, complex and non-linear plot.
The party encountered several princesses and noblewomen over the course of the game. And many of them were rescued.
For example, my Barbarian character once rescued a young and beautiful duchess from being sacrificed by a high priest who secretly was a demon-worshipper. He torn the chains with his bare hands and rescued her, despite being nearly killed by energies released by stopped ritual. They later became lovers for some time.
Another time our party rescued a genie princess from a floating sky city, her kidnapping was a part of a intricate conspiracy.
And currently our party wasn't able to prevent kidnapping of a human princess by summoned demons, and we are going to rescue her and free her from domination magic cast at her by one of the demon leaders, a powerful succubus-like demon.
I'm really sick of everyone trying to subvert tropes, so playing some of them straight is exactly the thing I and other players want.