ME AM WANT RUN CAVEMAN ONESHOT FOR GROUP

ME AM WANT RUN CAVEMAN ONESHOT FOR GROUP.

ME WANT PLOT AND ENCOUNTER IDEAS.

SETTING CAVEMAN + MAGIC. WHAT KIND OF ENEMY? WHAT KIND OF ADVENTURE?

HOW ME DO GOOD ONESHOT. ME AM ALWAYS DO CAMPAIGNS BEFORE. SUGGEST PLEASE.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/189190/Wolfpacks-and-Winter-Snow-PDF
1km1kt.net/rpg/Operation_Caveman.pdf
encrypted.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjvxJeY0eLPAhWHkx4KHf4mDDQQFgglMAI&url=https://archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1396/40/1396405960532.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGG-6pk7IzVG_UM1ysCyAia1vFEcw&sig2=1EoD9YZMu-o_vBLbCwXEvw&bvm=bv.135974163,d.dmo&cad=rja
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ME AM PLAY CAVES AND CROMAGNON

ME HAVE FUN

HIT DATGUY OVER HEAD WIT ROCK

HE HEAD TURN GREY MUSH

FUN TIME

IIIII / IIIII

Weapons restricted to clubs or found rocks.
No armor, female characters nude.
No in game communication unless you can figure something clever out.

Any other ideas?

ONESHOT IS CAMPAIGN WITH ONE SESSION. CAMPAIGN IS ONESHOT WITH MANY SESSION. SAME THING. KILL THINGS WITH ROCKS. KILL THINGS WITH MAGICAL ROCKS.

Just use OG.

The enemy should be another, stronger Caveman that's learned how to use magic to do something simple, like charm animals or something. The whole point of the campaign is to stop him taking your tribe for his slaves.

There is an "Ugh" stat, which is for communication
They communicate through a complex system of grunts, the higher the skill, the better they can communicate and the more articulate they are.

Roll for various group communications/interpretations with each other. Plans may not be well understood by others.

An easy and potentially interesting scenario is a war against a big hunter tribe, with food, pelts, women and shamans.
Some ideas:
>Winter draws near and you have to hunt animals to gather food and warmth
>The tigerpelt tribe has discovered a way to keep themselves warm and safe during the night. They call it "fire"
>shamans may use spells related to nature, cure, death and animals (and the BBEG probably is one)

>No in game communication unless you can figure something clever out.

I was actually going to have them roll to communicate anything over ~4 words to encourage caveman speak.

MANY THANK CAVEBROTHER.

What's OG?

I like the idea. Maybe rescue your tribe from spooky shaman. I'd also be willing to do something weird like have the PCs stumble across technologically advanced Lizard men and mess around with their magical future tools.

>What's OG?
Specific caveman RPG, good fun. You only have a few words you can use and when you speak in character you can only us them, random noises, and gestures.

So, a Veeky Forums regular wrote up a game for this very thing. It's called Wolfpacks and Winter Snow. Stuff in it includes:
Reletively quick character gen (done in 0-15 minutes max).
It's about cavemen.
Weird magic, with magicians who can turn into mist or summon storms or communicate with aliens or clone people.
A bunch of tables in the GM section so that you can procedurally generate wilderness and caves as your players explore.
A system loosely based on ODnD, so it shouldn't be too hard for players to wrap their heads around.

You can get the pdf for free (well, PWYW), here: drivethrurpg.com/product/189190/Wolfpacks-and-Winter-Snow-PDF

You could download Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Ages and run "A Sundered World," which is neolithic/stone age Mage: The Awakening and Werewolf: The Forsaken combined.

Thanks my niggas. I'm actually reading Wolfpacks right now for ideas.

That sounds like something for me to keep in mind. Thanks user

Operation: Caveman
1km1kt.net/rpg/Operation_Caveman.pdf

Totem RPG
encrypted.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjvxJeY0eLPAhWHkx4KHf4mDDQQFgglMAI&url=https://archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1396/40/1396405960532.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGG-6pk7IzVG_UM1ysCyAia1vFEcw&sig2=1EoD9YZMu-o_vBLbCwXEvw&bvm=bv.135974163,d.dmo&cad=rja

Thanks cavebrother, although the Totem link doesn't work for me, I'm enjoying operation caveman

Tricky magic? You am cave painter paint dung on wall. You am berry picker from long nose tribe. Me use Rock brand Rock. Me no use dirty magic.

CAVEMAN MAGIC IS FIRE. GREAT CAVEMAN WIZARD DO BETTER FIRE.

>Stats are: Oog, Ugh, Ungah, Rah, Booga, Humm
>Oog: How strong caveman is
>Ugh: How fast caveman can run
>Ungah: How much hair caveman have
>Rah: How mad caveman gets
>Boogah: How fearless caveman is
>Humm: How smart caveman is

This is the Orc. All it needs is food and iron minerals.

This beast's scar tissue is bone, laced with the iron they chew. Each wound, each scratch, adds armor to itself. Claws grow. Fists become maces.

Assexual, a single corpse scabs its wounds to generate a new litter, unless one dismembers or burns it.

They don't know how to use tools or fire. They don't need to.

Neolithic mask

ANY SCRUB DO FIRE, REAL MAGIC PREDICT WEATHER AND WHERE ANIMALS ARE BETTER THAN GREAT HUNTER, CURE SICKNESS AND WOUNDS, CHANGE LUCK AND FERTILITY, BANISH EVIL SPIRITS, SEE FUTURE!

In one of the "Strange Aeons" collections for Call of Cthulhu, there's a scenario called "Cursed be the City" where the players are Neanderthals who stumble upon the ruins of a pre-human civilization and monstrosities that dwell within.
We had a really fun time with it, as much of the game was just about finding shelter, finding food, keeping warm, ensuring their mates were well fed, etc.
As far as enemies go, a more advanced tribe is a good idea. Maybe another tribe's magic is stronger, and they're using it to enslave the player's tribe? Or they could have simply driven the players out of good hunting grounds, and the players must now either find a way to retake their lands, or make a long, arduous trek in search of greener pastures.
Relict Dinosaur encounters are a must for fluffier games. Don't make the Dinosaurs common, instead make it the last of a legendary species. A whole session could be about finding and killing the last Tyrannosaur that's been terrorizing the surrounding areas and is near-human in its intelligence.
Also, remember there are tons of weird prehistoric animals that could be present. Mammoths, giant sloths, giant tortoises, cave lions, etc. could all be incidental threats as the party carries out their mission.
Also, are you familiar with the Killer Neanderthal "Theory?" While highly dubious scientifically, a species of intelligent, predatory bipeds who have no ranged abilities but are fast and strong and like to attack at night are great enemies.
>One Shot
Have a clear, concise goal for the scenario, possibly built out of a series of smaller goals.
Come up with three challenges that keep the players from meeting that goal, and a final challenge for the climax. These challenges might be combat encounters, difficult puzzles, or simply tough decisions to reason through. Have a few extra challenges/encounters in your back pocket in case the players breeze through something too quickly.

OP USE THIS

MAKE MANY HAPPY

NO ROLL FUNNY MARK ROCKS

DRAW COLORED ROCKS FROM BAG

NO TRICKY RULES

HAS MAGIC

Light fall from sky, over hills to where sun goes down. Shaman say sun bleed, drop of sunblood fall into cold hills, sunblood go like rock there, hard, and make strong weapons for strong tribe, shining clubs that never break, we strong tribe, we get sunblood to defend Spirit Tribe.

Spirit Tribe land is warm and green, clear waters, many tribe people come together here and become one, become strong. Spirits gather here to remember lifeworld, in caves we go deep to talk to spirits, knowledge from ancestors and from beasts. Shaman go deepest of all to talk to spirits of Earth, Rock and Water and sing to bones of oldest beasts no tribe ever see, but shaman see in the dark.

Shaman say other tribes look for sunblood. Fire Cult want sunblood and will burn tribe to ash for it, Maneaters will lurk at sunblood and eat tribes who come for it. Unmen from under Earth will hear the sunblood fall and come from the deep to drag it down. Shaman whisper that sky will come down to take sunblood back.

Spirit Tribe call on spirits of of sharp axes of old chiefs and fangs of beasts, and might of Old Beasts No Man See. Fire Cult have magic of screaming ash and burning blood. Maneaters send out devoured dead to kill, when Maneater eat warrior, Maneater takes him, spirit and all. Unmen creep out from Earth, make darkness and whisper death.

Spirit Warriors, go get sunblood, bring back to shaman.