Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Try joining any of /pfg/'s three official anime ERP games!
app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
app.roll20.net/join/1604335/ceFFkA
app.roll20.net/join/1813269/NClvMw

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1fkVJcjXIEZiZj_vpumo_8qy0TZfQl2hZ-tKV4rLnxLM/edit
pastebin.com/D2BxZCJL
pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spooky monster edition.

Shitseeker General: Now with more fucking retardation!

SO fucking glad Hiro is looking for mod replacements that will clean this board up

How does /pfg/ feel about gestalting the vitalist with another healer/buffer to keep the party alive and fighting really well? I'd be down to play a warlord from 4e but I don't think there's any abilities in PF that are close to what the lazy classes in 4e have.

I prefer Oracle and Paladin.

Golden Lion/Silver Crane from path of war basically do what the warlord does. A Medic or a Zealot would allow you to do 4e warlord very closely i should imagine.

Okay so that Dark Tapestry Spirit is fucking awesome, especially the greater spirit power letting you gain knowledge, then use that knowledge to kill somebody or drive them a little crazy. Was all of Horror Realms that good? It aint on the trove.

I'm debating a hobgoblin with a longflail (heavy flail with reach), possibly barbarian/alchemist?

A medic? Who made that class?

The zealot is probably my favorite class but it's also REALLY powerful when played correctly.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about the last time you had fun while playing pathfinder.

Its a dreamscarred press initiator currently in testing. I don't know who wrote it.

A couple months back before my last game died I had a zealot that could give huge aid another boosts to players. It was realllly really fun

Where is it being tested? Does it have options for a ranged initiator or only melee?

>three games
Wait, what's the third one? I only knew about the other two.

>official anime erp games

die

Why do you do this?

Is it just for attention? There's such a thing as the wrong kind of attention, you know.

Gladly

its for attention, plus it gets the bonus of making /pfg/ look even worse than it is to the rest of the board

We're fucking awful but none of these are actually ERP games.

There's not even three fucking games you assbandit.

docs.google.com/document/d/1fkVJcjXIEZiZj_vpumo_8qy0TZfQl2hZ-tKV4rLnxLM/edit
Here. The thread is somewhere on GITP. It has Tempest Gale and gets all martial weapons, so i don't see any reason you couldn't chuck stuff at people or fire a bow.

Basically as best i can tell its a VERY mobile healer. Not the sort of thing you pick a 20ft speed race on if you catch my drift, you want to be running around between allies to heal them using your swift action, so i guess its smart to focus on range since not all of your allies will be near the enemies you want to attack.

Is NTRdwarf/DHB the same person as NTR/Rape-Oracle? I don't know if I'm crazy but IIRC DHB made the dwarf and the guy who made the dwarf made the oracle and the oracle became a crazy pseudo-rapist last thread so I'm just a little worried.

Oh, so the shitseeker faggot. Got it.

Kensai Magus/Inspired Blade Swashbuckler, Y/N?

Yes

>Warlock bolts are really shit

As the person who made an entire guide about this, of course 1pp-only Warlock bolts are shit. Jollylock bolts are not shit though. If PoW and Spheres are on the table, I'm hazarding a guess that Jolly's stuff or even that one Spherelock homebrew would probably be open season, at which point it becomes a fun little option. Especially if it's gestalted with something else, diminishing the need to pour tons of resources into the bolts immediately.

Yes, DHB made NTRDwarf for kinda scuzzy but mostly innocent +22 to Diplomacy, then upgraded him to NToRacle for fucked up "pushing Ameiko to her limits" +50 to Diplomacy.

So reading through the end of the last thread I can see where people are getting the rapey vibes. Didn't mean for it to come out that way. The only real issue seems to be the last paragraph. So I reonjiggered so the obsession is more on the depressed side.

Described with this greetext:
What it boils down to:
>born cursed unable to lie & break a promise
>mother died in child birth
>had abusive father
>started learning thievery under old beggar former thief
>beggar eventually actually starts teaching him instead of mooching
>stole from the Kaijitsu manor
>met Ameiko, became obsessed
>didn't tell anyone because he can't lie
>eventually made mistake of promising to make her happy
>this warps him quite a bit as he gets physically ill constantly now
>started reading to find out about his curse
>steal his amulet from a church to find out more
>burnt offerings happens
>father dies
>goes to tell beggar mentor, but he is missing
>doesn't have anything left, begins living with the priest
>latches onto Ameiko as the only real constant thing in his life since age 7

>had some street kid friends he couldn't get close to because curse
>has two uncles who are part of a mercenary company, couldn't take him in
>knows a priest who found him hiding in the church, priest was a good bloke

And this paragraph I think shows it isn't all bad:
> He came to understand what he was and the ramifications of his promise. At the same time his father grew sick and frail. Ricktor stood torn, his perceptions growing more warped by the day as his mind tugged him towards Ameiko. Eventually he confided in Giess, who by this time had despite his age grown reinvigorated by teaching his protege, and at least seemed to care for the boy. Giess told him to cut his father out entirely, and, showing his hand, told Ricktor that he did not regret what he had done. The only regrets he had were of opportunities not taken.

the whole thing is here:
pastebin.com/D2BxZCJL

i think thats two different people

And if the rapist oracle is DHB SHAME

Things sort of went out of control last thread. I didn't mean for it to come off as rapey and can see where people got that from. Then a lot of arguing back and forth happened.

Well now it's not rapey, it's just dependent as fuck. A crush isn't the same thing as an obsession.

Okay gonna repost this so I can get more commentary

>A game set in the years leading up to the American Civil War, wherein the players are "off-the-books" members of the Pinkertons who handle more occult, strange investigations. The players end up on a journey across the world in order to stop a secret society from seizing control of the United States of America and unleashing hell upon the world.

There will be globetrotting. There will be JoJo-level antics (Chinese Kineticist/monks who use kung-fu to blow shit up, superpowered Synthesist/Gunslingers with thirty-two arms, european fighter/rogues who do parkour). You will investigate conspiracies. There's a shit ton of conspiracies. So many goddamn conspiracies they'll make your head spin with how complex they are. I'm talking like, stuff that goes back to the Bible.

How many of you would you play that, instead of a weird anime game?

Why can't I just pick a 20ft movespeed race and use my vitalist things to heal one person and spread the healing around? Also I don't really get what you mean?

It's supposed to be a lot more dependent than a crush due to the fact that his curse kind of fucked him over something fierce during his developmental years.

The medic is in a strange place because it's not really a /healing initiator/.

It's a healing-focused martial that has full initiation slapped on, even though it doesn't fit the thematics or interact with most of the class features in any way.
But hey, some people like it.

Eh? Im talking about how to make use of the Medic most effectively. Its main healing trick is to swift action run up to an ally and then heal them. The faster you move, the more you can take advantage of this.

Just like with NTRDwarf I think NToRacle is something that was about 50% as bad then taking too far by anons. Our memes turned against us.

uh no. Rapist oracle is just as bad as it sounds

New NToRacle isn't quite as bad. Original NToRacle is really as bad as it sounds.

Yeah, but he changed it after people thought it was a problem. People just argued about it by a lot.

New NToRacle just sounds sad.

But like, if I'm a vitalist//medic I can sit at the back, heal one guy and the use vitalist to spread it around.

It seems like it'd gestalt alright. Gives me some damage options when people aren't ded and some healing options for when they are.

I honestly did not mean to kick up such a shit storm. I changed it after reading through the complaints. Honestly I may end up changing it again to get rid of the promise with Ameiko and instead have a sweet heist in Maginmar.

The "I NEED TO MAKE HER HAPPY" bit is slightly creepy, but without the "I'll push her to her limits," half it's less so.

So I've noticed you doing this as I browse this thread to look for things not to do in an rpg and how to keep it from failing and have wondered: What are you?
A 4th ed faggot?
A 5th ed bitch?
Some gurps shill?
A 3.5 whore?

What roleplay game to do represent? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

He may be less rapey, but I still wouldn't exactly wanna be in a party with him.

I don't wanna trust my life to a guy who'll hork his guts up whenever another person is unhappy.

And you know, considering she's going ON A FUCKING ADVENTURE it's quite likely that she'll be unhappy quite a bit! Didn't someone mentioned shit about her being kidnapped from time to time or something?

I don't wanna be trying to rescue the empress in waiting while having a kid throwing up on the backseat.

Mhmmm...

Starting with a sad character gives them room to grow and be happier, user!

The thing I find strange about the medic is that once they have only one triage use left, they can never full-round area triage again, as their recovery gives one triage only if they have none left. They lack a method to get back up to two uses.

Fairly sure he's trying to shill 5e, but we can't quite tell. Shitposters aren't know for their consistent views.

Doesn't have to be shilling anything, maybe they just like shitposting.

>>eventually made mistake of promising to make her happy
He won't get ill by her being unhappy; he'll only be ill if he doesn't make her happy. Technically if she is happier when he is around, or if he gives her a flower and she is now happy, the promise is done.

>tfw you dont give a fuck about shitty low wis ameiko
>tfw you just wanna chill with a party of cuties

No, in that case he wouldn't be sick. It's if something he does makes her unhappy he grows ill, not if she is just unhappy in general. Like if she was kidnapped and he began working to saving her then he would not be ill. If instead he made a social fuck up at court and she was angry with him because of it he would be sick.

What character concept isn't already being used by 10 people for RotJR and isn't a spellcaster (maybe a Magus or something, but no Wizard or Sorcerer)

rapist, apparently

Same senpai, but I'd prefer for it to be a party of friendly people, not a party of... well average /pfg/ posters.

We've got like, one barbarian, but not anything solid there. Maybe make a Shoanti tribesman.

What's the ideal Keleshite slut like?

your mom

Hey /pfg/ what's the ideal backstory length? I'm probably gonna be around 2-4 for the FULL one and ~half a page for the shortened character posting. I'll also have a bullet point one for TL;DR.

What's a good "power level" as it were for a level 3 gestalt? Is former Poisoners Guild instructor too much? Is there even such a thing as leaving the Poisoners' Guild? I guess I don't really know that much about Golarion.

My group is a bunch of really bored English professors (I'm serious) and each of has written a full-length novel as backstory and then reduced it to a single page of bullet points.

Well then he wouldn't have been fucked up while growing up as a kid due to it, because it wouldn't be him causing her to be upset.

*each of us.

Well look at me, already proving I don't deserve my job.

>Poisoners guild
"Yes town guard that is my poisoners guild badge. I poison people. No I'm not doing anything illegal, that would be wrong. No I'm not an alchemist, I'm a poisoner."

Depends on the level of your character. The higher the level the more the backstory needed.

I really suspect a /pol/ individual; a similar thread went off blasting kickstarter and degraded into calling anyone who liked night at the Opera a hillary supporter who'd get taken to the death camps first.

Or it's the same guy who keeps going after touhoufag and now that basically everyone is telling that guy he's an ass he's lost it and now desperately trying to get /pfg/ wiped.

No one writes their first draft well.

Gold digger thats into femdom

Ten words.

In all honesty though more than 2 pages is probably too much. They might not be just starting out, but they haven't done all that much if they're third level.

The leader of the Poisoner's Guild is a level 5 druid. It's not that unrealistic that a level 3 character would be a member, but it's also hardcore evil. Would make sense for a redemption story?

I wish my students understood this.

The amount of times I've received a paper that is clearly still in the early stages....

Level 3. I'm doing location he grew up-> teenage years -> adult mishaps -> big event-> journey he's on -> why he is where he is.

level 3 in a PC class is still a bit of adventuring. You have ~8 combat encounters of equal level for each level and so that'd be ~24 combat encounters of equal level. Even level 1 leaves you with a 50 y/o human wizard IIRC.

To be honest i can imagine a lot of scenarios in which one would legally seek the aid of a poisoner.
Animal/Vermin control, protection against thieves and assassins, expertise on the treatment and prevention of poisonings, humane executions, mercenary/war efforts, hunting assistance or even knockout drugs for nonlethal arrests.

We've got a /lot/ of unarmed builds, that's for sure.

>Forgetting the pastebin in your zeal to pimp ERP
For shame, user. For shame.

pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Former, user. You obviously don't go around telling people what you USED to do.

Healslut

What if my character doesn't have much money? No honey?

DILF Oradin was posted last thread. Kind of a healslut.

>Implying you don't want to slut yourself out for hitpoints and "long-term care"
Don't think I don't notice you.

Shapeshifters and kamen riders

The last time I was in a game where someone tried to ERP, the rest of the party grabbed his character and hanged him from a tree.

>"A Shapeshifter" hasn't been done

Are we talking like, combat shapeshifting or in general?

How many actual cuties do we have? It seems that the bulk of the applicant characters are male. I can think of like 6.

Do they have buns at least?

Human wizards with the random starting ages are at most 27. Humans just learn that fast. Even for an elf, randomized, the maximum is 170, and the thought is that almost all of that is spent in intense study, which doesn't make for very compelling reading.

And I'm sorta disappointed. I was thinking a DILF Oradin Aasimar would be easy to imagine paired with my Bardadin Aasimar, but it didn't happen.

Do recall that 'average farmer' is level 2, with one of those levels being expert.

A level 1 commoner is literally a NEET, not the average productive member of society.

So is DHB a bad person? I don't get it.

Become a WARRIOR OF JUSTICE!

Can spiders be cute?

In general. There was a skinwalker, but i dont think it counts.

Uhh all I see posted in /pfg/ are girls. I have not actually checked the site as it isnt even happening until January.

Aww shame user. What makes them not click?

Oh yeah, forgot I added the letterboxing to make it fit into mythweaver's dimensions.

At the moment i think the ratio is about 2:1 in the ladies favor.

I mean, one of the guys is an actual fox, but I guess that isn't quite what you meant?

>2:1 in the ladies favor

Better than all of Veeky Forums combined!

Question, if the GM offers the character option to be either a Gestalt OR a Mythic hero, what's the better choice?

Both of the characters I have posted were men, both of DHBs were men,there were like 5 more

Because most of the shut posters play females.

then they tell your character to make like the men i her country, piss off with a horse and a sword, and come back with a fat wad of cash

REEEE why do ass-imar start at 70 years old.
I just wanna have small paragraphs about
>location
>youth
>training
>Adult event
>Journey
And now I have to find somewhere to lose 40 years.

I mean shapeshifter as a CORE class feature... LIke druid or something.

Why are you posting more than one character?!

Describe watching all of their human friends die.

Different drafts you idjit.