Other than pic related, what cards have the most garbage art?

Other than pic related, what cards have the most garbage art?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&artist= [foglio]
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stasis

Metal Fatigue. I can kinda forgive that it's an absolute clusterfuck, but the fact that the artist just blatantly copied and pasted the creatures from other cards just pissed me off.

It isn't even that bad

I'm glad someone else recognized that this is the worst art in MtG history. Bad quality can be chalked up to inexperience, but Metal Fatigue really takes the cake along with Nykthos in terms of laziness

What's wrong with Nykthos?

Odyssey / Onslaught block early CG where you could literally see individual pixels.

But the alter...

This is some of the lamest art I've seen recently.

>early CG
what's some examples of this?

Deadlock Trap is so bad that I refuse to post it or even look at it ever again

that's just photoshop what the fuck?

What's so bad about it?

Not him, but that weird pose and the non-commited smile makes it look like a fucking stock photo with filters applied.

Never forget.

Wow I only just realized he looks exactly like the first day on the internet kiddo...

Can't be fucked to track down a high res pic but it's a terrible 3D model, all the pillars are copy pasted, you can see that the blocks aren't probably stitched together and very obvious aliasing. Scaling it down to card size masks it a lot but it's a very obvious rush job.

I always remembered Frantic Purification for this, although can't tell if it's bad CG or just a very bad scan job. Might be difficult to tell on digital pictures of the card since you're filtering it through a computer screen but it has real bad aliasing going on.

no. it's worse

>KUMAR, I'VE DONE IT!

That pic is the yearbook photo of the guy in your class no-one likes

>Hobbies: Kendō, Tea Ceremony, Interactive Narrative Art, Reading
>Likes: Bushidō, Black Metal, Atheism, Subs
>Dislikes: Dubs, the opiating death cult called organised religion, how people nowadays value "sports" over intellectual self improvement, (c)rap and country "music"

perfect

wow, that's so bad it looks fake

8/10, would hang out with

>Interactive Narrative Art
kek

>how people nowadays value "sports" over intellectual self improvement
>nowadays
Lost.

Serious reply: Every invitational card ever except Rootwater Thief.

I hate hate HATE how all of them are ruined by having some dumb pasty-faced fat nerd in the art. Only good one is Rootwater Thief, because they had the good sense to make the nerd a background character that you barely see.

Someone gave me a business card once, and it didn't even have art-- it was just his name and contact number!

Why draw a little girl in a state of emotional distress, when you can draw one with the face of an emotionless woman in her thirties.

If we go outside Magic, may I suggest this one?

Updated with an image whose text isn't in Spanish.

>thick, black beard and hair
>pic

It's doubly bad because other cards referencing to Beorn give him black hair.

geez

Ya'll aren't even trying.

I'd rather have asian nerd than pic related.

>wat is perspective
>wat are angles
I mean, Voss has some good art, but this is bottom of the barrel.

>Wizards: We want to include a story card in every set! We promise to devote (Was it 10?) 10! cards strictly dedicated to the lore. Here by divorcing the Lore/Character from the actual game play and ensuring there will always be ten BAD rares in all future sets.

To be fair it was a last minute emergency replacement.

Huh. And if there is a granutee of ten cards to be terrible, that actually makes the remaining good rare-level rares even well... rarer. A sub rarity in-between mythic and standard rare.
Well played, you evil bastards. Well played.

Assuming that all story cards will be bad, but kaladesh is off to a good start on this.
>/Conspiracy Theory.

I can't even tell what this is suppose to be.

>Too spook

Deadlock trap is used in the Metalwork Colossus deck. It showed up at the pro tour.

That doesn't seem so bad.

Pic related looks like he has tiny stubby little legs.
Am I the only one who absolutely loves dreamlike, distorted cards like this? They look like the things I imagined when I was a child in the darkness. Mirage is especially good for this.

Just in case anyone didn't notice: this was illustrated by MaRo.

Doesn't seem that bad compared to, say,

>Am I the only one who absolutely loves dreamlike, distorted cards like this? They look like the things I imagined when I was a child in the darkness. Mirage is especially good for this.

I like the dreamlike cards too. Amy Weber also did Time Walk which I enjoy a lot. Argothian Treefolk just looked too muddled and dark for my taste.

Wtf is going on with those hands?

Shit, I forgot that classic MTG's pretty much a goldmine for shitty art.

Though I'm not much of a fan of the more abstract card art, I gotta admit that some of them are pretty neat, especially those done by Drew Tucker. It's kind of a shame he didn't do some card art for the more recent sets. I would have loved to see his rendition of an eldrazi.

Now we're talking.

oh my god, this can't be real

>no Julie Baroh
are you guys not trying?

worst art in standard

she's a qt so her art is ok

Deschamps has gotten pretty fucking bad lately (as someone else put it, it's like he's forgotten how to draw faces), but he'll never be the worst as long as Wizards continues to hire that faggot David Gaillet.

That thread was better than Kaladesh itself.

Sunhome did good making us all forget this.

She's an uggo

Your photo ID Card.

Every fucking Steve Argyle card ever. Fuck his ugly ass CGI style.

It's a pretty shitty prize being feautured in a most-likely shit card, looking like a dweeb out of place.

dominion had some abhorrent art. Shame they had 50 artists, wouldve been nicer to get one decent one

>most-likely shit card

Invitational winners got to design their card themselves (with R&D having veto power over the worst bullshit), so most of them were pretty strong mechanically. It's really only the art that ruined them.

Pretty surprised at the lack of Foglio in this thread.
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&artist= [foglio]

What's wrong with John Leguizamo samurai, OP?

Shhh. Don't ruin the circlejerk.

cgi is a pretty cool style

>Sublety? The fuck is that?

And people say Yugioh has shit art

#handsupdontshoot

Dominion is cheating