What is the most ridiculous PC backstory that you ever had the pleasure or displeasure of witnessing firsthand...

What is the most ridiculous PC backstory that you ever had the pleasure or displeasure of witnessing firsthand? I got loads of them.

>Dark Heresy
>Deamonhunter who got adopted by Kaldor Draigo and raised on Titan after Chaos buttfucked his home planet
>mercenary that commited Khornate rituals for ten years straight but stayed loyal and never got any corruption because he's that good
>a clone assassin made by heretek equipment

>new World of Darkness
>homeless woman that somehow has enough connections in "the underworld" to get whatever luxury she wants and flies over to the US from Ireland because "she felt like it"
>serial killer doctor that kills only "evil people" and only under the knife, but there was never an investigation after about 30 of his patients dying
>a teenager with a magic sniper rifle that is also the best sniper in the world

>Vampire the Masquerade
>a combat speced Gangrel that somehow cured vampirism

I'll post the more ridiculous ones later.

> >Deamonhunter who got adopted by Kaldor Draigo

Running a game based off the concepts of Holy Grail Wars from the Fate series right now (set in a non-descript Eastern European town in 1985) and I have one doozy of a PC.

>Alcoholic Russian man in his 60s
>Was attending college for a degree in Musical Theory and working as a barman part-time before getting drafted during the later stages of WW2
>Became fascinated with the occult during the war when he saw a Nazi mage slaughter a squad of American troops
>Survived, moved up to the rank of Lieutenant over the course of two decades, and used his influence to acquire reading materials and artifacts seized from Kulak families that were deemed "Satanic" in nature and discovered the existence of magi society
>Kept it a secret out of fear for his life while continuing to investigate it
>Eventually was imprisoned in the late 60s for his public criticisms of the USSR for failing as a Communist society in his eyes
>Let go in the early 80s during the start of the decline of the USSR, returned to his research of the occult, and found the diary of a mage who had intended to enter the next HGW along with some of their personal possessions
>Sets out with a pendent containing enough mana to sustain a Servant for just one week, an absurd number of contraband firearms and explosives he'd hidden before his arrest, a flask of near-limitless capacity he had filled with vodka, and a burning desire to wish for the restoration of the USSR with him at its helm to guide it to greatness
>Currently is residing in the attic above the town's most busy pub, keeping the owner silent via a mixture of bribery and threats

I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out. He's the only non-magus master in the campaign, and so far he's been getting by purely based off great rolls on deception/intimidation and liberal usage of bombs and suppressing fire - since his Servant and him don't get along great.

>public criticisms of the USSR in the late 60s
>he didn't die from frostbite and malnutrition in the gulag

To be fair with a good enough player this could be interesting.

Some Heretek makes a clone of a person and gives them innate knowledge on how to be an assassin. Inquisitor stops the plot before the clone could replace the original to get close to the intended target. A Radical Inquisitor could easily justify turning the clone into an acolyte in order to make use of their talents.

So now you've got someone who literally owes his life to the inquisitor and has the same loyalty to the Imperium his original did (the assassination would be triggered manchurian candidate style so he has no personal dislike of the target), but is stuck in the situation of knowing he only lives because of some filthy heretic who was plotting against the Imperium.

Hey, Stalin died in 1953

Yeah, I wanted to point that out but honestly it's not that big a deal in the end so I just let it slide.

That would be valid
>with a good enough player
Something lacking. Also with a good enough backstory.

See, the full background was
>heretek Magos Biologis gets deposed from the Mechanicus but for some reason is left to roam free
>builds a heretek cloning lab and starts putting clones against each other in battle royals
>then attempts to contact the Inquisition to sell said heretek clones
>heretek clone goes apeshit and manages to fucking kill him unarmed and burns the lab down
>then she gets in a village of Ferals and an assassin recruits her because she can hunt

That's why he rages at Brezhnev from heaven, fampai.

>Random knock off assassin kills heretek(these guys are supposed to be fucking tough, since they are not restricted in their modifications)
>Assassin is she

And why do everybody plays assassins as chicks

Yeah that's a shit backstory.

But then again it gives me an idea for a plot to throw my players into. An Imperial aligned planet is having more and more sporadic incidents of violence throughout their population so the acolytes are dispatched to investigate. They find out the world has a planet-wide entertainment system that pipes live feeds of 24/7 fights to the death in gladiatorial arenas. At first it was just an easy way to keep people in line, it kept discontent down because people were too distracted by the fights. The trouble is now people have their own pent up aggression and are starting to unleash it, and the planetary peace keepers are being overwhelmed by the amount of it being let loose.

Of course in the investigation they find out there's a Khorne cult that's taken root in the nobility of the planet who are using a Heretek's cloning facility to pump out constant combatants for the arena to slake their lust to see people fight to the death. The increasing bloodlust in the populace is a side effect of the growing influence of Khorne.

There's no heaven, religion is just opiate for the masses to keep the workers exploited.

Latex clad booty

>DnD 5e
>Barbarian from some Not!Rome country they made up and forced the GM to put in the story
>Noble Background
>Spent the whole RP talking about how he had diplomatic immunity, tried to use it to solve every problem ever, and wanted the GM to have his country level a city when he got arrested (for literally only half a day) for making death threats against their Governer in public.

What makes this even worse is he was kicked out of the group soon after, then basically contacted everyone in the group to say how much our GM sucked and how he was going to run his own game that we should all join.

Needless to say, I made up an excuse about my college classes getting too busy for me to keep playing DnD (while continuing to play with the old group without him).

>What makes this even worse is he was kicked out of the group soon after, then basically contacted everyone in the group to say how much our GM sucked and how he was going to run his own game that we should all join.

As promised, one of the more ridiculous backstories I've read. More to come later and if the thread is still alive.

>Dark Heresy
>player wants to play psycher
>She was from a planet that would spent 12 hours in the Materium and 12 hours in the Warp
>The Imperium treasured said planet and had it pretty much be the second psycher training ground destination along with Terra
>She would regularly talk to her mother's ghost when using her half-burnt teddy bear
>Planet is routinely attacked by Deamons

For some reason the GM okayed this but not a Scum that is scummy but loyal.

>Fate
Stop right there numale scum

Sorry aniki but Fate is totally sugoi and me and my kawaii nakama are going to play it and there's nothing a baka like you can do to stop us.

> Female soldier
> In any position of respect and authority.
Very funny. No.

Was it a real world setting?

>a teenager with a magic sniper rifle that is also the best sniper in the world

Whatsa matter OP, don't you like anime?

I hope your PC stays intact, and your neighbor stopped the construction work.

I am a noob gm so not a lot but here goes
>edge of the empire

>my character is a jedi who lost his memories during order 66 and is now slowly regaining them

>for a game about robbing banks

Only some. Just Digimon because I watched it when I was a child.
Still, ST wasn't impressed and sent him on his way along with his Agro DMG pee-shooter.

Apparently, he had done it before in other games. A chick told me that in one online game he joined, he played a werewolf navy SEAL that killed Bin Laden.

Final awful backstory from me and Iet the thread flow on its own.

>Vampire the Requiem (ofc it's from a WoD player)
>decide to run a Victorian London game because I'm a dumb shit
>one guy sends me a sheet
>his character is just named James
>he is a university professor in Oxford, but lives in London
>he dresses in t-shirts and fucking jeans
>read the backstory
>"Everything was going well for James, until one day....... He was a Vampire!!!! now he tries to see why is that as he is annoyed and his back hurts. He likes snickers"

Backstory presented word for word, writen by an actual adult.

>>homeless woman that somehow has enough connections in "the underworld" to get whatever luxury she wants and flies over to the US from Ireland because "she felt like it"

Oh, the head of the Beggars Guild. She's so high up in the organization that legally she can only bum really high class things off people.

Look man, they will always try to play jedi, especially if you ban force users during character creation.
Just let the jedi die of "natural causes" after one and a half session. Just let him die in one of those 66 scenes where the jedi does something retarded and the whole world would otherwise twist and turns to prevent him from dying.

some female members of the nazi party had leading roles in organizing the concentration camps

>Deamonhunter who got adopted by Kaldor Draigo and raised on Titan after Chaos buttfucked his home planet
Did that actually... but... wha... why?!

Did you run a game for Matt Ward?

I wasn't the GM on that one. Shit like that don't fly on my campaigns.

To be honest, the GM was really bad and the game boring, but at the moment I heard that guy talk about his background, I got up and excused myself from the game.

A pity. It would have made an interesting greentext.

But Fate's "misogynistic" as hell.

And

it smells like eggs

Wait, wouldn't he be around 100 by then?

You've probably realized by now but if you haven't you should run the math again. Remember that WW2 started in 1939.

Why is it that PCs with a simple backstory are always the most memorable?

>all my friends creating PCs with gigantic backstory, branching to each person of his family and friends
>i'm a simple woodsman that had no option but join the army, carrying nothing but his axe, fought one battle and by luck manages not to get killed
>works with the setting much better than any of the other PCs, more memorable quotes and interactions than any of them while they were too much self-absorbed in their own monologues

sick brag bruv

I don't see a problem with this one

honest question, really. I have never seen a well-thought PC actually work. Hell, i have plenty of stories of some who failed

>Stalin
>heaven

wew comrade

Snickers are pretty good though.

Boobs.

Especially when frozen.

Sounds cool desu

>not-european setting in the early middle ages
>character was a researcher and claimed he discovered gunpowder
>asked me to put his OP rifle in the game

>hurr i discovered gunpowder
Why do these people even believe for a second that shit will fly?

I had the person who invented gunpowder hunted down and imprisoned for life by a king who wanted that shit for himself.

Stupid fucker thought he was clever by making guns an then using them publicly.

Best part? His fellow players sold him to the king because they were tired of his starting shit they couldn't handle and forcing them to be on the run for three years game time. It's called earned consequences, Barry, and I gave you ample warnings..

That position's already taken.