Back again. I've decided that the game will stick to the jrpgs roots, and not go the procedural crpg route...

Back again. I've decided that the game will stick to the jrpgs roots, and not go the procedural crpg route. Since this game is meant to be a parody on the series, I feel like the follow features will be given to it:

>combat will be more paper mario like to simplify combat and make it more interactive
>the game will focus more on story and character development, which will help bring out the humor and intricacies of each Broquest character
>you still make your own character and choose three bros, but this will be more of a party-based thing. You can collect many allies, but can only have a party of 4 at a time (still wondering if we should allow in battle party switching like Final Fantasy X)
> not everything has to be solved by combat, so it'll have a little crpg flavor
>your party members can act differently based on not only what you do, but where you are, and who is currently in the party with them

Wrong board.

Oh you guys don't acknowledge broquest anymore?

Just newfags shitting the place up as usual

yo, i wanted to ask: does the guy that made that famous chart doesn't want you to use the designs there?

Let the dead stay dead please.

So, last time I came here, a few people on here told me to avoid the updated designs of BroQuest and pursue my own. I had question the legal ramifications of using someone else's designs, so we felt it would be safer just to use the original ones.

honestly I dont know if people would care if it's not the designs everyone already knows.

couldn't find the chart i was talking about, but i meant this guy

Oh hi again.
Id prefer it to be a rougelike but ultimately its your choice

yeah I know about it

i just wanted to know. Do you want to make money with the game? (actually i think original designs will also be better, not only they could be cooler, but also avoid a lot of problem)

Well, this is still in pre production stage. It can go either way.

The problem with a roguelike is that it'll focus on the hack n slash style of combat and other actions, but it won't necessarily be able to tell a more explicit story.

However, this just puts the question of what's more important:

>crpy-style: tell the story through gameplay and the decisions of the player
>jrpg-style: tell the story explicitly with standard turn based jrpg combat

Yeah I want it to be a commercial project. I've released several others, so believe me, I'll develop it from start to finish once I have a good idea of what to go with.

Now that's more interesting. And what would you need once the desitions about how the game would be are made?

Well, art and music, mostly, but I'll outsource them like I've outsourced them in past games. I feel like this game is something that will only be completed by someone who has some experience and with a more compact team. Making an rpg isn't difficult as long as the scale is kept down. But I won't be making a big epic adventure unless I start like a patreon or something and people pay me per month to afford such a development. I heard you guys tried that before but got burned, though.

IIRC the remainders of Idea Guys Studios were planning to give BroQuest another shot after Shoulderon Gaiden releases.

>BroQuest another shot after Shoulderon Gaiden releases.
So never

CRPG of course, unless you want to spend eons writing out all the possible character combinations down to the last autistic detail.

Back in my wee days, I autistically would write pages and pages worth of scripts for my rpg maker projects, both during summer and at school. Those were simpler days. Also had a buttload more time, then, too.

yeah, that's quite hard to pull off. Well i will stay tunned then in case you need artists, i'm interested on this

There's crpgs in the past that did this very thing. Aka a lot of the Gold Box games and its spiritual clones.

>combat will be more paper mario like to simplify combat and make it more interactive
>paper mario like
Hot dang.
I doubt anybody's asked him.
I doubt anybody wants to ask him.
Shwig is a cunt.

You like paper mario combat?

Nice plan mate.

Well yeah, it rewards skill far more than it rewards stats