Can we get a mask art thread going? I'm terribly lacking

Can we get a mask art thread going? I'm terribly lacking
helmets work too honestly

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yupik_masks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm terribly lacking
If we pruned the thread, would you die?

Looking for more like this, sort of fow the 80's thought the future would be.

There's a term for that kind of style that starts with a Z, but I can't remember it.

does this qualify?

it would be extremely painful

You're a big guy.

Zeerust?

never saw this reply but yes it does

this is part of a series, the four seasons I believe

I have one of these. What are they called/where are they from?

Noh masks are the shit.

this is excellent.

Jack of Blades had a pretty sweet mask.

Looks like it's based on venetian porcelain mask designs.

Always thought these types were pretty and wished more people would use em.

The only problem with masks is that the face behind them is seldom as compelling as the false visage before it.

I would be more inclined to revamp a masked character's design so that the appearance of their mask becomes their true face instead.

While I wouldn't disagree with your assessment, I think it's less of a bug and more of a feature. Maybe you want to project an image beyond what your face may otherwise do. Or that you want to make it clear you believe yourself to be more than just an individual.

I think they're from Southeast Asia somewhere, but don't really know much.

It all began when the Chimt rose from the Murky Bog and the Utwig emerged as well. In these primitive times we cavorted about our world oblivious to any sort of higher purpose we took everything at face value. Meanwhile, the tendrils of the Chimt infiltrated the vast sky canopies of Fahz and then the veils fell! Suddenly, the Utwig were stunned by a collective realization! All immediately and urgently donned veils of every description! Hides, leaves, shells, rocks even living drells were donned in the early days. You see, the face is the mechanism that expresses many of the primitive qualities that hinder sentience. Now rid of constant reminders of greed, rage, hatred, and lust the wisdom of the Utwig was no longer hampered by constant reminders of the primitive urge. Over many generations mask etiquette was refined to a rock-solid foundation of our society. Sure, the Morality Riots were expensive both in lives and infrastructure but the result was better mask regulation; specification from your basic Mask of Gruelling but Neccessary Activity to the most highly decorated Countenance of Stellar Representation. These were clearly defined. Recognizing the importance of flexibility, clear-cut and efficient procedures for revision and redesign dealt with the few anomalies. From that moment when we covered the source of our intellectual oppression we knew that it was a grand purpose that defined our destiny.

Well said.

The oldest masks in the world.

they kind of remind me of the kids from nightmare before christmas..

Yupik Masks have no equal, I swear.

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yupik_masks

Shit, you're right!

Imagine finding this guy(?) in an alley

Made from an actual corpse.

>Tips sallet helm

good thread

Zegyptian?

Retro futurism?
Edgy to the X-TREEMME?

I got nothing.

>Zeerust

That's it! Thank you. Zeerust! Fucking love it.