/WMG/ Warmachine & Hordes General

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

MAKE SKORNE GREAT AGAIN EDITION

Keltarii and arcuarii are still going to be dumpster fire tier edition

Dead game

Sure about arcuarii?

Making their guns weaponmaster doesn't change the fact that they're 11/15 5 box models.

nah just lazy putzs who cant make a general.

the swordsmen sound pretty cool. Hopefully Makeda is buffed enough to run them well.

Have later iterations of PP restic gotten any better? The Juggernaut I bought 4 years ago was horrible and I don't want to repeat that.

I was looking for it because I am not even new yet, actually.

I'm the new Cryx player from the last thread, but I'm still torn over the Gators because that fucking Wrastler is wonderful.

I think I just need to either convince myself to wait, start with Cryx, and go into them later, or just get it out of my system and Wrassle my potential Journeyman league to death with tag team Lucha-crocs.

Can you wait until the January errata? I am hoping the Posse will get looked at in it. Either way, both Cryx and Minions will probably be seeing changes come January.

I am actually hoping to use Christmas money as a hook to get more people started, so yea. I'm just obsessing atm because that is what I do.

Does anyone have a Troll deck pdf that they can share? There isn't one in the OP.

I personally prefer Gatormen to Cryx. Smaller model line and less variables. Also A lot of Gatormen stuff plays similar to Cryx. Its like Cryx with the fury system. Rask and Calaban are pretty good go-to casters.

ah! neat I'm the satixis guy. ill be honest I'm gonna shill cryx to you, because not only do I like them but something else, iv got a friend who chose mercs and minions as his faction and he's complaing about the lack of releases. if you pick mercs/minions you will not get many new models compared to the main factions, I recommend you start with cryx since you seem to like aspects of them and then later on you can expand to mercs/minions, I was literally in the same spot as you when I started it was a toss up between mercs,cryx and khador for me.

JUSTICE FOR CRYX

soon brother soon...

Really? That's convenient. Then again, I can see that. They both do a lot of undead stuff.

>quads checked

Anyway, I'm inevitably going to do both. I think that's inevitable, so it's a matter of which I do first, really.

I do like aspects of them, but I can't get over the Wrastler combined with voodoo crocs. It's so silly, yet amazing.

The other hand has demon pirates, scrap zombies, and soul engines, which is also awesome.

so troll theme force
+2" Deployment
Warrior models are granted Takedown
For ever 20 points of Longriders, Champions or Warders you get a free command attachment or medium based solo

Well hope you skorne guys are happy you did not sell your armies.
Wish you have a nice errata.

So, I'm looking at the rest of the gator JML list. Am I wrong, or is Barnabas a truck? Pow 14 and 15, 17(19) arm, and counter charge? Damn.

It's meh for medium-large models and shit for small-based. That Jugger might have been bad luck or too high expectations. A bit of filing/cutting will have to be done.

Keltarii are ~2 small changes away from good.

Any word on the restrictions? This is the first faction theme we've seen. What's it called?

Oh I am happy. Not so happy about the amount of painting that leaves me with, but whatever.

Well I guess there goes spending any money on Convergence. Its not really high expectations when I'm spending just as much on their competitors and getting actual miniatures rather than cheap board game pieces.

CoC's infantry and pretty bad, yea.

Their TEP and the new dual Colossal are nice, solid plastic though. TEP can hold together without glue, even.

Convergence is probably the worst possible example. It's however just a matter of how much work you are willing to invest to make them look good. Convergence models are completely salvageable, it just takes time.

That said, you're probably not in WMH for the material quality (though the resin, plastic and metal ones are fine). As much as people are shitting on the ruleset, it's still the primary reason we are here.

You got me, I love the rules for WMH most out of any tabletop games but I'm big into the hobby side as well and when I look at my GW minis with sharp details, it's hard to justify buying anything less. At this point I'm stuck between playing with sub par minis, scrounging around for dusty metal minis, or playing with boring rules.

This just proves that PP has no fucking idea about what they are doing, because takedown is detrimental to most troll models.

New Protectorate player here, I've been looking at Thyra, Blood of Martyrs and some Flame units for shits and giggles. Probably wouldn't be able to hold their own as a standalone battlegroup, but do you guys think they'd be viable as a fast striking force secondary to the main battlegroup?

Which might change very soon.

Well it's going to be your main battlegroup, because that's what the combination of warcaster + warjacks is called. But it would be very much able to hold its own. Add another warjack (you need to fill out those warjack points), maybe a unit of Daughters or Idrians and a few solos and you've got a great starting force.

Notice me, /wmg/-senpais.

Pretty nice: I'd do a little cleanup on the cloak and apply a slightly more matte varnish, but the last one is just my personal taste.

Or maybe they don't want to have theme that's all upsides.

Or they planned the theme with a change to Take Down in mind.

>Buffing the Reptile Hound's animus
>When Reptile Hounds are going to 3 points each
Yes. Yeeessssss.

>slightly more matte varnish
But there's no varnish on it. It's just basecoat, wash, highlight using basecoat colours.

Well yes. I usually apply ~5 thin layers of varnish via airbrush to prevent chipping. Using matte for the later layers also helps reduce the excessive sheen that acrylic colors can sometimes have. I don't know how you usually do it though.

I don't, I just handle my models carefully.

If that works for you, you are a lucky man.

I think the P3 washes function as a form of varnish since my models haven't chipped after coating my models in it, but sometimes have beforehand.

That is certainly weird. What I can say with certainty is that washes add a lot of sheen to the model and matte varnish takes care of that pretty well.

For example?

Take down means you can't cleave or overtake

You definitely should pick up a varnish, it does help prevent model wear especially on metal models and hard edges. I use a brush on matte varnish from Vallejo.

How do I go about thinning it? Does it required thinning? Is it like primer that reduces down until only a thin layer is left?

I just spray on testors dullcote and then highlight the metals over it.

So, Fenns, Doomy2 Battle Marshall and Madrak2 Feat?

and Skaldi, which is huge because hes one of the few things you can get for free and the theme allows champs

LIGHTING

Yep, forgot him--that's right and he grants Overtake.

Typical PP.

It could be worse.

>Immortals are Skorne construct warriors, thus don't have souls
>In the fluff they really fucking should
>For Mk3 they're given a rule that states they generate souls
>They're still constructs
>Skorne can only collect souls from living models
They literally gave Skorne a brand new rule that didn't do anything. And you think PP doesn't understand YOUR faction.

Ah. No. They messed up a lot with Skorne but not that. Immortals generate souls as if they were living. Thus models that collect from living can collect from them.

Skorne is such an example of bad game design, I honestly have no idea how the fuck it happened.

I mean, any semi-conscious creature can notice interactions like that. How did it happen?

Is Soles that much of an autist?

Some of it is pretty puzzling. I am with the rushed release theory as it pretty much explains everything. We will see the actual Mk3 Skorne in 2 months. I'll judge again then.

Are you sure? Because I would assume that a model such as an Extoller Soulward wouldn't even check an Immortal because it isn't a living model in the first place.

I am absolutely 100% sure. But you can check the rules forum if you want. I am certain it will have a thread on it. I just don't feel like digging through there right now.

Madrak1's Blood Boon, Champs (man the free Skaldi you could get in the list looks less attractive with no Overtake), Fennblades with cleave, and Madrak2's entire feat all get shut off by it.

>SOUL VESSEL – This model generates soul tokens as if it were a living model.
>as if it were a LIVING MODEL

the theme denies :
cleave on the fennblades,
overtake on the skaldi/champions,
the fury gathering (rathrok´s awakening) of madrak2,
the feat overtake + berserk of madrak2
warpath of madrak2
blood boon on madrak1
quick work on the scattergunners
battle wizard of janissa
battle wizard of runeshapers
battle wizard of northkin shaman

Learn to fucking read before you bitch about "skornergy."

Yeah it's so blatant that it's pretty much guaranteed to change in Jan.

>SOUL TAKER: GATEKEEPER – This model can gain souls. When a friendly living Faction model is destroyed while in this model’s command range, this model gains the destroyed model’s soul token
>When a friendly LIVING Faction model is destroyed
Immortals are not LIVING models in the first place, so why would an ability that specifies living models check a construct?

>Immortals are not LIVING models in the first place

They count as living models for soul generation and collection abilities.

Because they count as living for the purpose of soul-generation.

No, Soul Vessel states that it generates a soul token as if it were living, but that doesn't make it a living model. This ambiguity could be solved by just removing the word "living" from the Soulward's ability. It never served a purpose since constructs and undead don't have souls in the first place.

Because Soul Vessel gives them an explicit exception to how Skorne soul collection normally works, right on the back of their cards. Extoller Advocates would do absolutely nothing if they didn't get souls from their unit, and so they do, because Soul Vessel lets them.

You are being intentionally obtuse.

Go to the rules forum. look for the thread. read the ruling.

Immortals generate souls usable by everything in Skorne. Quit being autists and talk about something else.

>Go to the rules forum. look for the thread. read the ruling.
Sorry I'm too busy reading the official cards they made after 3 years of testing.

Nobody but you is having trouble wrapping their heads around this. Clearly the issue is you.

You're the only one confused about it. This isn't a "Hakkar the Destroyer isn't an Ancestral Guardian for some reason" thing. This game has rules and special rules on the front or back of cards trump normal rules. For instance, anything with Dual Attack breaks the normal rules of how things attack. Immortals have an explicit exception that allows them to generate souls. It's not too difficult to parse out how it works.

I get that Immortals generate souls, but the issue is with the Gatekeeper ability, which explicitly states that it only collects from living models. Just because an Immortal generates AS IF it was living does not make it a living model.

>Just because an Immortal generates AS IF it was living does not make it a living model.

No, but it does make them count as a living model for soul collection abilities such as Gatekeeper.

You mean you're too much of a bitter faggot to do anything other than be a massive crybaby on an anonymous image board?

Need a modeling tip

Convergence of Cyriss, typical studio theme colors

I was going to do steamwork bases but after painting a base like that with gears from Figure Painter...it all runs together (since both base and model are metal color).

I was considering doing forest bases for the Convergence. They invade the Circle territory for the Ley Lines right?

Something like pic related for Convergence bases--thoughts?

CoC can absolutely do any kind of base. They're fighting over the leylines, which are all over the place, from the desert to the mountains and yes, in the forests.

> Trollbloods
Why on earth do you care?

Anywhere offering good deals for today or tomorrow?

Makeda 2 will make them pretty sweet.

PP has some black friday packages on their store, didn't bother to see how good of a deal they are, but you can check it out.

>free shipping over $100
>cryx set is $98.99
>normally $109.99
>mfw

Look, if you went to a tournament, and your opponent held you to this, slap them. Take the DQ. If the judge concurred, kick him in the nuts.

The Enigma Foundry has the exact same rule as the Extoller. Gatekeeper checks for living models for souls, soul vessel says 'Hey, I'm living if you're trying to get a soul out of me.'

The biggest amount of butthurt comes from the fact that warmachine didn't need any house rules in mk2.
Now it does. Tournaments with restrictions and house rules are now a reality.
suck it up guys, DC has gone and soles and schick can't write rules.

get yerself something else then to pass the 100 mark.

Is it worth it?

I'm the cryx/Crocs newb

DC has yet to touch his noodly appendage to Guild Ball.

Soon we will know how much talent DC actually has.

I mean, CoC is a pretty good indicator that he understands how the design well in the rules.

because I play against trolls all the time and want to know what the hell they do?

It has infernal rulings. It had those in Mk2. If the game's so bad, why don't you fuck off to another thread?

He created that from scratch though.

Working with someone else's design is a different beast.

Again, CoC also has the same rule, so it either doesn't work for them as well, or you're just intentionally being an idiot.

Wait, are you the guy who's complaining about the Immortals not being living?

Because if you tried this at any actual event, you'd be the laughingstock of everyone there.

And then everyone would feel bad for laughing at a retard when you kept insisting on it.

Totally new potential player. Some FLGS is having a Black Friday sale on Warmahordes, and I was considering buying in.

Trying to decide between Khador, Cryx, and Scryah. From what I'm reading, Scryah are mostly one trick long range assassins, Cryx are OP in low point games, and Khador are a tough one to pick up (heard this for circle too).

I'm just looking for some more insight into what exactly they're playstyles are. Can Scryah change their lineup enough to have some different tactics? Is Khador and Circle really that hard to get a gasp on?

Any help is appreciated!

oh diddums :c
did i hurt your feewings?
>Truth hurts doesn't it bitch?

yep you're the cryx newb. Yeah you'll be fine, pick up a necrosurgeon or a machinewraith, or a warwitch siren, anythng really. You'll be fine.

Even though mk3 is a bit of a clusterfuck, PP are sorting it out, and the game does "work" still, albeit with hiccups.
You won't notice any problems unless you end up facing a tryhard WAAC cunt though, so go have yourself some fun (while it's still allowed)

Reminder that Hexxy is a spellslinger, and Makeda1 has a better nuke than him. Marketh might even be playable if Hexxy1 had The Lash instead of Obliteration.

No, I'm telling that guy that soul vessel and gatekeeper exists in another faction, and that it works fine.