EDH/Commander General

Brian Blessed (and other celebrity lookalike commanders) edition

Previous: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11717375
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/511408-aurelia-the-warleader-boros-beatdown
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oona-the-empress/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lin-sivvi-rebel-hatebears/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thoughts on this guy?

Posting again because I want to see the results of the poll after 24 hours on Veeky Forums, and I'm getting some great insight on what makes a Blue player a blue player.

What's your favorite color on the Magic Pie Chart, and Why? So far Black is in the lead, followed closely by blue, but we most unanimously agree that Shitty Grey Diamonds are shitty.

strawpoll.me/11717375

possibly best artifact commander.

He's great. He's literally Goblin Welder: Planeswalker Edition.

Breya might be better if you want to be competitive, because she's also great, and you get him and his other self in the 99.

Make it again without the meme option, that's obviously going to be the winner.

I allowed multiple choices.

>Black and a meme on top
Memeing edgelord faggots, should have guessed.

My point still stands.

>colorless isn't a color

Not anymore.

Never forgetti our boy daretti

these memes though

you stole my post but you forgot to rename it anusmana.jpg

I'll believe it when I get basic land cards for it.

Land cards of the Eldrazi Planes would be pretty fucking sweet though.

I want to make the best possible mono white or boros deck that isn't stax
What do you suggest, Veeky Forums

>tfw no gay priest commander

If you arn't gonna do stax then fuck mono white. I'd suggest Aurelia myself. Heres a good guide for her, it's a bit outdated but still really good.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/511408-aurelia-the-warleader-boros-beatdown

Just run Gisela or Aurelia with as much draw-7 wheels as possible.

thalia humans aggro

The Face-Sitter

I feel weird guys. I traded a bunch of stuff to the shop to finance a new deck. It's too good for casual play with my friends but too weak for playing at shop. What do I do?

Who's your Commander?

italian trash pope goblin is best artificer fite me

Don't you want your commander to fight in style?

queen marchesa
I'm going for pillow fort control with a couple creatures. I'm about to break my deck up into it's curve and post it.

I've made some slight edits from it's original incarnation that i haven't played with yet though

Commander decks exist to be played.

Make it stronger or make it weaker.

crackling doom and sunforger

got that for my mizzix deck the other day, because goblin tiddy in a skin tight suit

>have all the new precons
>all my old decks taken apart except 2
>haven't built anything yet
>dont even know that I want to

I think the game might be fading from me after 6 long years. Maybe I'm just burnt out. Idk

My decklist. I apologize for the poor quality in advanced. If y'all have any recomendations please let me know. Just FYI I already plan on replacing blood reckoning with Marchesa's Decree since it's literally the same enchantment and mana cost except the decree makes you monarch as well.

Colorless isn't a color. When you cast shit like Story Circle, you can't name Colorless because it isn't a color. You can't tap Command Tower for if Kozi is your commander. Ect

I know it's bait

I'm also going to be posting the whole list to tapped out but this was something i could do real easy. and the thing behind zurgo is norn's annex

Nice blog post, upvoted

(You)

I see over 10 Sunforger targets but no Sunforger. Fix that shit

I mean sure but what do i take out?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/

Complete decklist for reference.

I'd probably drop Mardu Banner. I think the Tarkir Banners and the Alara Obelisks are really inefficient and are outclassed by basically all other frequently used ramp rocks (Signets, Mind Stone, Chalice, Powerstone, Bauble, Diamonds, etc).

Personally, I'd take out crypt ghast. I only ever find it really useful in mono black or in a dual color. Even with Tomb out, it's still not as useful as I want a mana doubler to be.

I feel like it won't pull it's weight in mardu.

37-38 lands should be enough

So somethings i've thought about adding are
Sun Forger
Brutal Horde Chief
Heliod's spear
Decree of pain
Fumigate
Behind the scenes
Exsangianate
those 2 keys that help you loot/make creatures hard to block

I don't know what i could use most. i'd like to make marchesa unblockable more and have more lifegain/card draw tacked on to good cards

should i replace it with another rock or should i just call it a day put something else useful in there?

I'll keep that in mind but so far i've been able to use it okay. I pretty consistently have urborg. the main problem is i have a lot of mana but nothing to do with it.

Cool. thank you. helps give me 2-3 more slots to play with

ya gotta buckle down sometime and just put together some decks you like, even if you dont have everything you want. the other week i only had one good deck and one i want to pull apart. now i have two more done that will need tuning, one i will build soon, and another i want to rebuild now i have better parts for it. just take your time and have fun.

How does one build Kozilek, the Great Distortion control. I love his ability so much, and wish there was another commander with the same ability, but not 10CMC and colorless. I still like him though. How do?

Can i have fun with Intet without divining top and scroll rack? Anyone else play the drowsy dragon?

>should i replace it with another rock or should i just call it a day put something else useful in there?
Like pointed out, you don't need 40 lands and is right that you don't need Crypt Ghast. I'd recommend the following changes:
-3 lands
-Mardu Banner
-Crypt Ghast
-Vampire Nighthawk
+3 signets
+Sunforger
+Ophiomancer
+Skullclamp

The signets really help you cast Marchesa on turn 3, and Ophiomancer's snakes are great for protecting the crown or stealing it back.Skullclamp also can convert snakes and assassins into card advantage.

On the topic of queens, does anyone have advice for a Queen Oona?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oona-the-empress/
I'm trying to keep a balance between the tribal, combo, control, theivery, and goodstuff elements in the deck.

You forgot energy and snow, dumbass.

>energy and snow
>colors
They're just costs. That's like saying saccing a creature is a color

Your deck pulls in too many directions. It seems like exiling with Oona is your main theme, so I would go more all in on that and cut back on reanimation.

They have mana symbols so they're colors. Sacrificing creatures doesn't have a mana symbol.

Snow you can argue, fine, but energy isn't a mana symbol, it's an energy symbol. They're two different things.

MY BOY

Well my old boy, I've been running Maelstrom Wanderer recently.

There are budget ways to fix your deck up. pic related.

Best colors honestly

It's the symbol for energy mana. Look at architect of the untamed and you can see for yourself.

Can it be used to pay for any costs other than energy? Does it disappear at the end of each step? It's not mana, it's functionally different

Making Jaya Ballard is a bad idea, right guys?

I'm trying to compensate the card disadvantage with weird Jank.

>Making Jaya Ballard is a bad idea, right guys?
Yes. Play Feldon instead.

I usually just end up with a pile of about 500 cards or more. When I do build decks, I usually end up building and building. I had 14 at one point.

Now, I got nothing.

it's functionally awful. Who ever thought of energy is a dip and should not be trusted with mechanic design again. I'm pretty much just ignoring kaladesh at this point

Build it as Fuck Blue.deck

your loss, kaladesh is great.

>playgroup is Phenax pillowfort mill, Daxos pillowfort that eventually overruns you with tokens and Teysa 1.0 pillowfort that does nothing except gain outrageous amounts of life

send help

Secret tech. Add Pestilence or Pyrohemia

Without those this card is awful

Still the best infinite combo in commander.

There are hundreds of ways to drop small bit of damage on creatures

It's functionally awesome. Whoever thought of energy should be involved with mechanic design in the future. Kaladesh is one of the best draft sets to date!

Can I ask stupid lore questions here?
How does the process of making someone/something into a thing a Planeswalker can summon work?

>the main problem is i have a lot of mana but nothing to do with it.
Not him, but you just gave another argument to
>Cut Cryptghast
>Put in Sunforger

Magic.

build saskia

boring and overdone

not a process

So what, they sign a contract or something?

I think the current line is that what you're actually doing is creating a construct out of mana modeled on your memory of the creature.

Gonti seems fun. Any secret tech for HIM?

Be careful with Gonti. You will have to go through other people's cards and one guy in another thread got threatened having his teeth kicked in because he wanted to touch the other player's cards.

nah
in pic related, nissa waggles her eyebrows at the garden hedge and it animates

for other mages, like elspeth (poop out three 1/1 white soldiers) remember that in terms of fluff you the player are considered a planeswalker. so when you pay 3R to summon a Hill Giant you are 'summoning' the creature. i like to think that as you ally on the field your elspeth or whatever is casting spells of their own, like 'make some 1/1s' or 'draw this nigger a card' the same as you would cast creature spells or sorceries. que pasa?

>playing against autismos
it's not gonti, or even user's need to look at the top four. spaz was the cause

>que pasa?
Nothing much, hanging about at a place I don't belong and mooching free caffeine.

Okay so they make a mana construct thing based on their memories of whatever they want to make?

I've been running a pretty competitive Lin Sivvi list for a couple of years now and I've loved every second of it. Awesome interaction, great engines, and you have a pretty neat toolbox as your commander.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lin-sivvi-rebel-hatebears/

>how to upgrade saskia precon?

Viashino tribal commander when?

It's not bait it's a joke, autist.

This looks unbelieveably dank. Thanks user, this may be the one I build off of.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lin-sivvi-rebel-hatebears/
How is crip swap not in there?

Looks good. I may use this shell for an Eight-and-a-half-tails deck I have been meaning to build.

Can't be tutored for with Lin Sivvi (she specifies Rebel permanents). It's mediocre removal at best and shuffling it back into your library isn't that exciting.

With so much of the deck already pretty defined, I've limited removal to be multipurpose, minus Swords because A) it's cheap and B) I have a pretty foil signed by Terese Nielsen. The other spot removal is designed to deal with problem noncreature permanents like artifacts and enchantments.

Don't try to combine too many themes, you'll only fall flat on your face.

Personally used to play Oona in a control deck with a combo finish.

literally the best artifact commander

The shell should probably be tweaked to be more aggressive but just keep these cards:

- Thalia's Lancers: Dank toolbox card and one of the best new additions to monowhite. It can get you ramp/land drops (Sword of the Animist, Nykthos, Flagstones, Serra's Sanctum), win cons (Avacyn, an Eldrazi, Elesh Norn, Mindslaver), removal (Umezawa's Jitte, Mangara, Skysovereign), card draw/filtering (Mikokoro, Geier Reach Sanitarium), defense (Kor Haven), and that's just monowhite.

- Sword of the Animist: constant ramp, triggers Emeria Sheppard. It often flies under the radar compared to equipment that offers protection or big buffs but as the game progresses, you'll pull ahead of most players in terms of mana.

- Emeria Sheppard/Emeria, the Sky Ruin: gigantic recursion engines, Emeria Sheppard in particular can hit Planeswalkers, artifacts, enchantments, etc. Nothing like killing off your own Karn with a minus then reanimating him and doing it again.

- Crucible of Worlds: It's expensive but a good land package goes a long way. Tower of the Magistrate for card draw, fetchlands for shuffling/Emeria Sheppard triggers, Strip Mine/Wasteland for grinding out long games.

I'd run Distorting Lens since you have Lawbringer, Lightbringer, and Rappelling Scouts.

Just a kewl interaction.

It's in there, card's awesome. Makes Swords of X and Y fall off, gets around obnoxious pro-white cards, and yeah it gets real dirty with Lawbringer/Lightbringer.

Is this card too risky?

Depends on your meta

I wouldn't run it if your group plays a decent amount of enchantment removal.

depends on the meta really

I've played it and gotten the value out, but that's because Omnath was ramping so hard that his aluren and mana reflections were being targeted like a mother fucker

Seems cool in any deck that can draw a lot of cards on the spot like Azami or Arcanis. If you're planning on just using it to replace your draw step then you're gonna have a bad time.

Also might be fun with wheeloffortune.dec. Play this, play wheel, you just tutored for seven cards.

Reminds me of Skyship Weatherlight, which is okay in colorless decks as a really expensive tutor that can be abused with untap effects but really ineffective in other places.

This seems like the best choice

You want to talk about risky cards?
I'll show you risky cards.

I feel like she could be a potential voltron commander, built in trample, makes own blockers, could use ramp/tokens as a second wincon, and could partner with Bruce for the white splash

Outside of swords, what are some of the better equipments I could throw on her?

>I control 2 Enduring Scalelords on the battlefield

If I place a +1/+1 counter on one of the Scalelords, would this start a chain of placing 1/+1 counters on both for an unlimited number of times?

Some nikes, empyrial plate, argentum armor.