So you're saying ... that using geneseed of traitor primarchs would cause space marines to betray, go crazy...

So you're saying ... that using geneseed of traitor primarchs would cause space marines to betray, go crazy, or go rogue?

Literally how?

THE OMNISSIAH WILLS IT *BOLTER TO HEAD*

In some cases, the gene-seed imparts certain psychological traits derived from the Primarch. The Iron Warriors were all known for being extremely bitter and stubborn, the Night Lords paranoid and sadistic, and so on. So yes, using gene-seed from those Legions which have turned traitor might result in a Chapter prone to the same lines of thought which led to their forebears turning traitor.

But surely there are many such chapters and even inquisitors with the same psychological traits running around purging heretics and aliens?

>bolter to the head
>not just shooting the bolter instead

Gave me a headache, but thanks for the bolter.

Look at the Blood Angels. They actually have the memories of Sanguinius within their gene seed. Clearly they'd have the personality as well.

The Minotaurs are the only confirmed chapter to have traitor geneseed of the Iron Warriors. The Silver Skulls likely use Ultramarine geneseed by now, as Barbaras Dantioch died before the Second Founding, iirc.

>geneseed
Just call it "magical semen", for fuck's sake.
We have enough innuendo in 40k as it is.

Confirmed?

Not so sure about that...

>But surely there are many such chapters
No, not necessarily. Those Primarchs who remained loyal were, for the most part, the more stable and less independently-minded ones. Those traits are passed down to the subsequent generations of Astartes drawn from their gene-stock. Individual Marines can still develop psychoses, but the Chapter/Legion-wide instability that resulted in the Heresy doesn't really happen any more.

>and even inquisitors
So what? You're asking if certain negative traits can be passed down from Traitor Legion gene-stock. They can. What do Inquisitors have to do with anything?

Minotaurs were confirmed by FW writer.

Nah, lot of marines from traitor legions who didn't follow their primarch and remained true to the emperor. That's the only proof you need desu

On facebook. Until it's confirmed in an official publication, it's just fanon by the developer.

Though IIRC it was referring to the old Minotaurs.

Not necessarily true if you isolated the stock probably. Might see genetic differences like pale white skin, enhanced aggression, more susceptible to faith, higher toughness, enhanced chance to bring out latent psyker abilities, normal stability, and finally stubbornness mixed with critical thinking skills

That's all possibilities out of the traitor legions. Comes down to how you test the seed and how it goes over time.

>stable and less independently-minded ones

Like Space Wolves? Death Guard also had these traits. Iron Warriors... Luna Wolves ...

>So what?
We're talking about mental attitude. Since post 1.

btw space wolves was in jest. not sure if you'd understand that since I'm going to have to be clearer with you.

There's still "semen".

Curses mainly. Curses and other bad luck stuff is a real thing. Straight up clones or attempts to tamper with geneseed both have unnaturally high rates of failure and supernatural goings on. There are a handful of loyal chapters derived from traitor geneseed though, in all likelihood. The Blood Ravens being Thousand Sons is one of the most well known, but I think there are some others. Minotaurs have been referred to as World Eaters in the past, but that might just be meme-ing.

>GW in charge of genetics

Part of the trouble is attaining the gene seeds and discerning what is and is not too tainted by the warp and other chaotic factors to be viable, which by ten thousand years later is basically zero unless in the case like with the Fallen where they're dropped through time with basically zero exposure to corrupting or mutating factors. That in turn would cause an issue of identifying and capturing the individual before they can be brought into the Traitors' fold, before they can fade into the general populus or eliminating them in such a way that leaves geneseed extraction and propagation a viable option.

Though I am basically pulling this outta my ass and the real answer is "Cuz Chaos"

>The Blood Ravens being Thousand Sons is one of the most well known
Let's face it, they're hardly the purest chapter as is.
And that's before considering their kleptomaniac tendencies.

>forum actions
>not just using reaction image.

>. The Iron Warriors were all known for being extremely bitter and stubborn
i've never heard that attributed to them.
I've heard increased cognitive ability compared to other legions, specifically in mathematical and problem solving areas. increased paranoia and distrust in general.
the bitterness seems to be more nuture rather than nature.
the stubborness i am less sure about, they were willing to waste lives at stupid rates and then pert showed up and taught them human life really doesn't matter.

Warp bullshit, same as everything else in 40k

To be pendantic, they're really more like, "magical neck-testicles" than just straight-up semen.

Basically, it wouldn't, necessarily. Or it'd be at worst a miniscule chance of happening. The Imperium is just super into the "Better a 100% proven design than a 99.991% proven one that works at least as well if not better" and "The sins of the father taint the child", so traitor geneseed is super taboo.

Are we positive the magpies haven't just stolen new geneseed stock at this point?