So tell me

What's the single greatest disaster your group ever caused?

>Me: Epidemic of Fey raiders spanning three nations due to teaching a bunch of them how to fight

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d7aVz3u9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Group assigned task from a town Governor with scouting a flour mill and possibly save it from cultist threat
> Find mill with 6 cultist out side
> Sorcerer convinces all the cultist to leave but one to leave
> Capture last cultist and make our way into the mill
> Get ambushed by an overwhelming amount of cultist
> Party decides to burn the mill down
> After encounter we exit a burning mill and are approached by towns guard, who killed the 5 cultist we let go
> kill captive as soon as we see them approach us, begin to ask questions
> MFW when the Sorcerer convinced them it wasn't our fault for burning it down and we get away with it

>Kingdom hearts homebrew.

>We somehow ended up burning down the Bambi world, turning Bambi into a heartless, getting thumper killed, and killing him,and leaving the place, while flipping the bird at the planet.

holy shit is there more to this

I once told an extra-galactic invader here to consume all life to put up or shut up

>10 minutes later half the galaxy is destroyed

I was really hoping more for the shut up

Causing a black crusade in, well, Black Crusade, probably doesn't count since that was exactly what they were going for and it worked well for them.

Besides that, my RT group had a tendency to be pretty bad judges of character (or they just didn't care and sided with whoever offered them the best deal), so they ended up helping a lot of less than scrupulous people in power. However, they did also defeat several major threats to the Imperium, so things probably still ended up better.

I accidentally released a flesh-eating bacterial plague from containment on a crashed star ship.
Then ignored their requests for help, because I thought they were being the needy fucks they usually were.

End result?
Dead colony, that I could loot for their stuff.

My party killed a hobo.

They set fire to a bag of holding. I was doing a game where "you dont know what magical items are until you identify it, or play around with it long enough to see it's effects". So, when the bag of holding came up, I described it as "elegant bag that seems unusually heavy despite being empty".

It's a toss up

>Exalted
>Effectively sold all of creation to the Deathlords for a ship's hold full of jade. The game ended then and there and the ST has never run Exalted since.

>Shadowrun
>Unknowingly smuggled two retardedly powerful bug spirit infiltrators into the heart of Ares headquarters. Shit went downhill fast after that.

In hindsight, we're pretty destructive.

>Nobleman wants tougher prey to hunt but doesn't want to go abroad
>Transplant predators right to the middle of a kingdom
>They start multiplying because the apex predators of their homeland aren't present, and the locals aren't every good at killing them
>Years pass, towns everywhere start losing huge numbers of livestock. Horses depleted throughout a good portion of the Kingdom
>Suddenly, war were declared
>Kingdom gets it shit wrecked and loses a huge army with lots of fighting age men. No prisoners. Way fewer people available now to fight the predators
>Predators keep spreading, villages and towns are being abandoned in the most infested places
>Enemy nation invades, kills predators, but burns down villages and towns in the north as well
>Mass famine everywhere
>Predators keep spreading
>Capital gets captured, sacked, burned down
>Royal family is all dead. Civil war starts
>Enemy armies leave because the whole kingdom is fucked and the predators are slaughtering their patrols
>Everything but the coasts is burned to the ground and infested with predators
>MFW we destroyed a whole kingdom and reduced its capital to ruin because an NPC noble wanted more interesting things to hunt

As a direct result of our failures, the local God Empress of Mankind became angry enough to wipe a major city off the map.

This doesn't count, since it's a part of backstory, but...

>Disgraced former Ares merc in SR who was a part of the assassination of Dunkelzhan and went rogue as a runner because of it

Wh-what happens when you burn a bag of holding?

Why did they burn it?

Well. Basically it was an anime as hell campaign, along with powerlevels off the chart. I should've known, we were going to fuck shit up, when the keyblade maker was Daniel Tosh.

Basically, we went to islands accidently fucking things up. We went to Disney worlds, that weren't used, there weren't that many, so we used a few, that was just disney related property.

So, the place we went before that was a Star wars world. Or to be exact a deathstar world. So, we go there, and...through mistakes, and bad luck, we ended up kinda, accidently blowing up one of our playe'rs home planets with the Deathstar. By complete accident.

The planet AFTER the bambi one, was the Atlantis one. We kinda ended up fighting a guy, whos main power was creating massive amounts of heat, and he was boiling the area he was in. We...combined our attacks, and abilities,we accidently caused nearby city to become electrified and accidently ended up freezing the whole planet, and since we killed the guy, we kinda didn't have a way to unfreeze the place.

We've had a lot of other planet ruining adventures, but I'm bad at storytelling.

>The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault
You know, I have an RPG system that should fit your sorcerer perfectly

I've got a couple stories that could qualify as "Worst things we've ever done", but this one is our most recent.

>Fantasy RPG, one of two our DM runs annually.
>Homebrew system, bastard child of Pathfinder and GURPS
>DM allows for perks leading to a miscellany of bullshit to occur
>As a consequence of previous RP shenanigans, rolling luck is no longer allowed
>This is mostly due to me getting into excessive shenanigans which, while the DM enjoys it, leads to other people attempting to do the same, often to the point of annoyance
>Character creation done by survey, very few concrete stats to avoid powergaming
>Roll a time elemental wizard, SPECIFICALLY for shitty time puns
>Pick perk from pool which allows me alone to roll my luck stat (OP perks limited to one character)
>Unexpectedly, DM includes among my spells "Freeze Time". "Fast Forward", "Wither", and "Rewind",
>Each costly to use in combat, but virtually unbound outside of combat
>Group reaches capital city of starting nation
>Party wiped in previous iteration early on, so we know what is to be expected in this area
>Enter town forum
>Nation's population is divided into three categories: Centaurs, Not Centaurs, and the Primarch
>Delegates from each population group (bar Primarch) are squabbling among themselves
> Both groups blame the other for the nation's problems and unwilling to cooperate
>Primarch is sitting on his throne in the back of the forum literally surrounded by gold, "counting money and being rich"
>The title of primarch is given to the single greatest warrior in the entire nation, unless bestowed by a previous primarch to an heir
>In previous session, I had a plan to get on his good side by sabotaging the centaur relations, which was successful
>Try to get on his good side again
>Fail to check charisma, ignored by primarch
>Have an idea
>I roll luck to show him a "vision" of the future where the Centaurs ruin the nation, which was why they needed to be outcast

(1/3)

pls continue user

>what happens when you burn a bag of holding?
I am also curious to know this

>It marginally succeeds, but he blames me (and our bard who was with me) coming to the nation and prepares to enter combat
>I rewind time to before I showed him
>I tell the bard the solution is to have more luck and better wording
>Bard has a spell which increases party luck by 5x1d100
>He casts the spell
>50 x 5 = 250 luck + my 10 / 100 luck.
>It counts as a crit
>A super crit
>So critical and utterly mind-fuckingly successful that the Primarch simply started screaming and flew into a blind rage, instantly engaging in combat with the Centaur delegates, killing all 20 of them instantly
>He turns to the Non-Centaur delegates who were trying to sneak out while the Centaurs were reduced to nondescript meat piles
>He has more willpower and freezes them in place alongside our bard
>Luck is still boosted until we leave the building
>Decide to see how far I can take my luck-rolling before he inevitably kills more people
>"Freeze time"
>Spend 5 minutes augmenting his appearance through luck rolling
>Before leaving the building with our frozen bard, I had made him bald, replaced his sword with a small dancing cactus, set him on fire, placed him in a cauldron of lava, and replaced his voice with an extremely loud, bass-boosted version of vaporwave music
>We leave the building in time to see this new version of the Primarch address the city and nation as a whole on the Centaur threat, and call for their extermination to uproarious applause despite the lack of any intelligible syllables from his mouth.
>Decide our work was not yet done
>Head to the nearby military base where the generals had happened to be stationed
>Talk to generals and discuss the impending genocide in an attempt to force a coup
>Generals and military as a whole liked Centaurs anyway and would not stand for this, so we didn't even need our bullshit levels of luck like before
>Coup is initiated, entirety of the military mobilized to move on capital city to defeat the Primarch.

(2/3)

In a group I played in? Vampire. I opened an urn with some sort of demonic vampire blood god in it, which devoured the entire city of Constantinople, then more or less devoured everything from like Greece to Moscow to India to the Sudan. I stand by it, though. The urn seemed interesting, and I was a Malkavian.

In a game I GMed? Scion. The players murdered and mutilated the son of Zeus, which began a war between the Greek and Aztec pantheons. They then, either through stupidity or malice, I'm not really sure, helped Loki "fix" the war, by bringing about Ragnarok, ending all of existence.

>10 minutes later half the galaxy is destroyed

HOW?!?

It's 100,000 light years across!

>Before leaving the building with our frozen bard, I had made him bald, replaced his sword with a small dancing cactus, set him on fire, placed him in a cauldron of lava, and replaced his voice with an extremely loud, bass-boosted version of vaporwave music

My Saturday group lit 1/5th of a river town on fire

My sunday group assisted the ascent of a total bastard to the rank of local war-chief and has resulted in the rape and genocide of all neighboring clans/villages within a Barovia-sized region.

turned a bag of holding inside out and put it inside another bag of holding

no survivors

>Nearly satisfied with my work, we return to the Primarch at the city square and tell him the news of the impending coup
>Ever-convinced we are his only friends, he thanks us for our loyalty but only get angrier over the fact that "they can't be trusted"
>Expend my last luck roll of the session to create. I shit you not, a giant glass spectator box in the sky for the party to watch the action in
>Complete with announcer
>Friend tosses an archtree carving of "Thank you" (because some DS elements are in the campaign) down to the Primarch
>Like a meteor in the atmosphere, the Primarch tosses his own carving which explodes on impact with the skybox, saying "Very good!"
>The army arrives
>The ENTIRE army
>10,000,000 men strong
>Remember when I said the Primarch was the strongest warrior in the entire nation?
>Imagine, if you will, the Primarch as a simple mongoloid
>Now think of justice as the jar of candy, and put that jar of candy across a field of 10 million paper screens of varying thickness
>Imagine this mongoloid tearing through all 10 million screens as if they weren't even there, so consumed by the thought of the reward he rejects object permanence
>The Primarch laid waste to every member of the army before the four generals rode in for a last stand, cornering the Primarch and quartering him
>This, however, only made him even madder
>4 mini-primarchs spawned from each quarter and butchered the generals even more violently than the army members he'd just wasted, before reconstituting as the original
>Having removed (for lack of a better word) the army, he sunk further into paranoia, believing now nobody in the nation (save for us) could be trusted
>He proceeds to kill everyone in the city indiscriminately, before setting out to lay waste to the other two cities in the nation and any living thing along the way.
>We dipset from what was the capital for the only coastal city in the nation, aiming to leave the now desolate state as soon as possible

(3/4)

Were they trying to make a normal bag?

Those are the ones I DM, in the ones I play:

My rogue/fighter's group released a pit lord on to the world, resulting the destruction of an entire city and the continued evil taint of nearly an entire continent.

My Wizard's campaign is Storm Kings pre-made so nothing.

My fighter/lock's is Curse of Strahd so i'm my own disaster

>Naturally, by the time we reached this city, the Primarch had already reached and destroyed the second of the three cities, though from what I can assume he walked to its gates, said it didn't exist anymore, and so it didn't
>This was all done in the first session
>Certainly my record for the fastest I've ruined a nation in an RPG

There's plenty more details about more time shenanigans and wonderful things like finding a bolt-action rifle in a pure fantasy setting or sacrificing a child army to the chaos gods, but those stories are for another time.

(4/4)

Surprisingly my groups manage to keep their mayhem relativity contained. I think the most destructive thing though was when the parties Barbarian decided asked to use his charging ability while charging down at a hellhound. The magma and brimstone variety of hellhound.

When I say down I don't mean down a hill, I mean WWE style off the top of the ladder down while the thing was pinned prone to the ground by our resident Seeker's arrows.

He then proceeded to roll a 20 and maxed out his damage roles. This was all while raging by the way. I had to have everyone take five while I figured out what the fuck happens in this situation. I decided that when you compress a hellhound violently enough it explodes...

Violently...

He only had a few health points left after that, and that was only by grace of the fact that he rolled spectacularly on character creation and had very high constitution. The floor of that particular room of the dungeon wasn't so lucky, neither was the room below that. Actually the whole dungeon was pretty fucking unstable after that point and they had to get their shit done as soon as possible.

Ironically enough I had written in an NPC who was going to blow up the whole place when everything was said and done. Instead I ended up with an NPC who was very disappointing that the place just kind of fell into the ground after they got out. He still blew it up afterwards though.

So, Rogue Trader is pretty much "cause great disasters, then loot whatever remains," so it seems like cheating. Nevertheless, some pretty epic stories have ensued.

>Rogue Trader's (evil) Mechanicus advisor decides that they need to get a bigger ship
>Spend all their money, all their favours, and all their sanity to loot what appears to be a Repusive-Class Grand Cruiser from a space hulk
>Said cruiser is OBVIOUSLY CURSED and very badly damaged
>Discover that the cruiser is infested with daemon-powered automatons, the ghosts of the old crew, and, more importantly, has a Nova Cannon
>So it's not a Repulsive Class. It's a unique cruiser. It is, in fact, the "Eternal Fugue", former flagship of the cursed Haarlock Dynasty of Rogue Traders, the most blighted and shadowed family to ever roam the stars
>It also has a gigantic pipe organ (seriously, the Nova Cannon barrel was the largest pipe) that, when played, rewrites reality
>The organ is possessed by the angry ghost of the last Haarlock heir
>PCs decided that this is a SPLENDID flagship

>Shenanigans ensue
>At least three planets exploded
>The Astropath was possessed by the ghost of Matthais Haarlock and drank an Inquisitor like a meat smoothie
>the Arch-Militant allowed the evil Tech-Priests to clone him and fuse his mind with Slaught xenotech to make an army of not-Astartes abominations
>Tens of thousands of people die
>Imperial Navy patrols go missing
>So does most of FOOTFALL.

>Eventually, the Inquisition decides, fuck it, we're revoking your Warrant of Trade for being a COMPLETE UNREPENTANT MONSTER. You might not actually worship the Dark Gods, but you sure as hell aren't Imperial.
>At which point the Rogue Trader goes, "Oh, ok. I have a spare. And this one says 'You can be a complete monster. In fact, it's your job.' "
>Rogue Trader inherits the Haarlock Dynasty

You win user

The last campaign I GM'd was a cavalcade of fuck ups as the party tried their absolute hardest to fix things. The one that stands out to me the most though was when they accidentally caused a dimension-wide apocalypse in the name of saving the melee warrior.

>The warrior is about to die by giant bug monster
>In desperation send the bug monster and the warrior in it's mouth to the not!Valhalla dimension where things only stay dead if they die of old age
>The warrior wakes up the next morning alive and whole, although missing some gear
>The giant bug is nowhere to be found
>The party druid made relevant knowledge rolls during the fight and reminds everyone that the bug procreates by unleashing a swarm of winged maggots into the world
>Usually maggots are mostly killed off save for one or two, which grow and metamorphose into angry giant bugs
>None of those maggots will stay dead now
>They will all turn into giant bugs, which in turn will spawn their own swarms
>Fractal bug apocalypse is a go
>This fuck up is so impressive that the Big Bad actually hears about it and sends the party a thank you message for the idea

An apocalyptic event.
>Players don't want to back out of a challenge
>They keep pushing against the tides of the starving gods servants
>When they push into its realm, they break the gates
>They actually cause a great disturbance in the realm of that particular god
>Eventually they wipe
>The god emerges and begins consuming everything
>Their new characters don't get on the lead in time, so they can't seem to stop this development
>They flee
>The destruction slowly catches up to them
>They flee again and warns everyone they come across, people go into hiding
>Destruction slowly catches up to them
>When they get to unexplored and uncharted lands they attempt to break into some other gods realm
>When the devourer catches up to them again, it enters that realm and begins devouring everything in there
>The players manage to escape the realm and look for a way to close the realm off
>They do so
They don't know if it is stuck in the realm or if it is just busy devouring everything there, and so will escape one day.

The amount of autism stories in this thread, wow.

sounds like someone who never had a good time

>complaining about autism
>on Veeky Forums

Could you provide a ranking, from most to least autistic?

If a good time to you is being 'all random and flashy/edgy' like harlem shake videos then yes, I never had fun and I'd rather not have fun.

I mean, you fags even put effort writing these humorless stories down. That's dedication.. That's autism.

You sound like a fun guy, with that opinion. Mind pointing out what posts you think are 'random' and 'edgy'?

Oh boy do I have one for you. So if you want the full story, I'm dropping it here in pastebin if you want the full version but I'll give you the highlights.
So my party tonight was sent to go kill an ice dragon. It was just a simple one off, not supposed to be too hard, right? The Dwarf Warrior ends up having to be thrown in the direction of the plot twice, after having charged off a cliff in the midst of being blinded. Finally, after killing him, the ranger found a way to be somewhat friendly to the dragon. They go on a murder quest for the dragon so he won't kill them. They kill the original quest giver alongside the rest of the town who are now cannibals because the party was gone for too long. Fighter gets eaten alive before Dragon can save them. Only the Ranger remains. Ranger then becomes the dragon's bottom bitch for all eternity. I'm skipping some parts here and there, but I'll drop a pastebin link below if you want the full write up.

pastebin.com/d7aVz3u9

>party split up, working out how to rescue some slaves from slaving city guard
>city guard and slaves housed outside city in their own little fort
>party has plan in works, every PC is aware of it
>CN elf rogue Leeroys it overnight without a word to any other PC
>GM explicitly tells the player that this plan can easily get PCs killed
>yolo
>elf fuck and another PC end up in the guard garrison with maybe 40-50 poorly armed, terrified slaves versus about 100 guards
>most of the slaves die
>characters only survive thanks to the DM being incredibly lenient and the other party members saving their asses

The elf player couldn't understand why nobody was congratulating their character afterwards.

>Created one of the worst criminals in greater Seattle because our face felt sorry for a teenager.
>Accidentally killed a minor Aztlan power player and framed it on Ares. The resulting confusion Corp negotiations and Azzie fuckery ended in a small busload of wage slaves being traded to either Corp to be quietly killed off as recompense.

The autism....no words

I was part of a group that got TPK'd at level five by twig blights.

More or less the equivalent of the LotR party getting killed by a tiny band of Gollums in perspective.

Women, amiright?

That sounds like the most autistic high school shit ever.

It was autistic, but it was fun.

The entire Winter Court of the Feywild is ruled by devils now.

>Warlock's backstory is that she made a deal with Auril the Frostmaiden for money to bail out her family
>She got dicked out of it by the fey ruler and is now forced to be her warlock because the Winter Court has her family now

>Joins the party as CN, but acts deliberately and honestly sometimes closer to NE.
>Eventually gets ahold of a MacGuffin Auril wants, she offers to trade it for one of her siblings
>Said MacGuffin can summon a god and has other unknown properties
>What could possibly go wrong?

>She makes a hidden Sleight of Hand check to steal it, succeeds against the whole party
>Another party member has gone missing at this point
>Frostmaiden points her to a circle where she can be teleported to the feywild
>Nondescript person covered in blood, to be used as power to the MacGuffin
>She doesn't care who it is, teleports to the WInter Court

>Auril takes MacGuffin and dude to be sacrificed, gives warlock warlock's sister
>Starts ritual because of course, war god is summoned
>Turns out war god is more powerful than Auril, starts wrecking the Winter Court
>Warlock turns to flee with her sister

>As she leaves, guy being sacrificed somehow makes his second set of death saves
>Jumps to 1 by nat 20ing, stretches out a hand to the ally he sees leaving
>She sees him but still doesn't realize who he is, doesn't bring him with
>He's the missing party member, who now has every reason to believe she left him to die intentionally

He turned into the BBEG in another campaign and that party croaked him, so he became a devil. For bonus irony points, the god of war turned him into a lieutenant and court torturer of the newly occupied Winter Court- and the warden of the warlock's parents, who she still hasn't gone back for.

We were trying to get to the grocer on time for the limited sale on prize-winning beef roast and accidentally the entirety of space and time. That GM had a bunch of really cool rules light one shots all the time and that was one of them.

How the fuck do you wipe out all of space and time when trying to get to the grocers?

>Let apocalypse happen by time travelling to the future five years.

>Group trying to incite rebellions in a foreign nation
>Hideout in a local village from the authorities
>Authorities come trying to apprehend us
>Use efreeti bottle to help create a diversion and escape
>Efreeti ends up incinerating the whole village, civilians, guards, soldiers, and animals alike
>Realize the worst part of all this was that in the ensuing wildfire my horse died

We kind of instigated/joined a drow invasion force to take over the surface world.

>exploring underdark
>come across drow city
>sneak in disguised
>decide it would be a good idea to to get some quests
>find wanted poster of magic school leader
>party member comments on how they recognize him, drow of course overhear
>captured, decide interrogation then death is probably not what we want
>spill everything, layout and location of every major city we've been to
>leaders/armies we know of, numbers if we have them
>"If you join the battle, we'll let you live"
>sounds like a good deal
>war were declared
>amount we help decided by rolls
>good rolls
>become war heroes in new world order

It worked out better than we though

Well, we were running late for the sale and each of us had been given a different time-manipulation power. One guy could see people's past timelines and latch onto them to jump back into time. I was able to stutter in and out of time while slowing it's progression. Another guy could jump to a point he could visualize. Between the three of us, we managed to create so many paradoxes that time just gave up and stopped working. Because each of our powers had different rules, and even though we were eventually able to learn how to move forward and backward with each of our several powers, it took trial and error. And we made a lot of errors. Just getting to the grocer's on time turned into a huge fiasco as each one of us fucked up and kept fucking up over and over again. We got to the point that none of us could keep track of what was going on, and it ended with us saying that time just gave up and stopped working.

PvP?

Well, thats what happens when one abuses time manipulation powers.

I do hope you managed to get the roast though before all of reality disintegrated.

>Spend most of campaign trying to stop the temporally-displaced daughter of the old emperor of the largest nation on the continent from taking control of all the magic in the world.
>Mostly fail, the ritual is occurring, we are nowhere near the site and have no way of stopping it from where we are, DM appears to throw us a bone...
>Incredibly powerful DMPC wizard offers to help us use a dimensional rift in the elemental chaos to go back in time and take another shot at stopping her.
>Figure we have nothing to really do but accept, so we fight our way down into the elemental chaos and through the rift.
>Turns out the daughter had a pretty shitty backstory, we turn up before she got temporally displaced and had been captured and turned into a child sex slave, dark shit, we killed the slavers and decided to try and rsise her as a better person.
>Eventually go forward in time, creating an alternate timeline due to our changes.
>Turns out that was the actual BBEG's plan the whole time because the DMPC wizard was working for him.
>Turns out he needed her to be a nicer person with a happier childhood so that she would be more idealistic and he could more easily break her will when she performed the ritual.
>We just handed the psychotic setting god of secrets and lies all the magic in the world.
>Only manage to solve it by blowing up the well of magic where the ritual is taking place, causing untold destruction as magical storms rage across the entire globe.

Three party members died, only the Druid and ranger escaped because they managed to not get caught in the initial blast and flee. Hell of a way to end a campaign...

That's the bitter irony of it. We actually ran into most of our troubles while interfacing with our time fuckery on the way home. And then trying to correct them to make it back ended up being what tied the Gordian noose around our necks.

Part of the difficulty was each one of us having a different ruleset for our powers. But that was also part of the fun. For example, the timeline follower and I had "temporal permanence", but the jumper didn't. For example, the jumper's actions didn't carry over when he made a new jump to the same point. But if the timeline follower was brought to the future, he could go back to the same point he left and everything he chose to do up to that point would still take effect. For me, I more slowed down in comparison to the world or rewound it, so I was always on the same timeline.

couldn't get them to stop supporting a rebellion because all empires are obviously evil and they ended up helping some warlock fuck taking advantage of the situation open some portal he couldn't even control and fucking over the rest of the world. The mother fucker wasn't even being subtle about it, but muh tyranny.

>Group is a bunch of gun-toting mercenaries hiding in woods from inquisition
>Find old stone hut in the woods
>It's actually a temple to the last trickster god of the old pantheon
>as they dine in the temple they get in touch with other people dining there from other timelines
>most of the people are from the past and one group is from the future, 80 years later or so.
>the group is the other party of players investigating in the facts of the past and making accurate historical reviews of the mercenary group that caused the capital of the neighbouring state to collapse in a barbaric wasteland filled with frenzied werewolves
>it turns out all their choices affect how the world evolves in those eighty years
>one of the players gets out of the hut to think about what the fuck is gonna happen and rolls a glitch in the timeline
>instead of going back to his timeline he can see the far future, 8000 years later
>all the world is destroyed by some biological warfare of some kind, mutated humans with living weaponry lie on the ground dead
>he looks up
>a giant black monstrosity in the sky is about to swallow the sun
>he grabs one of the living weapons for study and runs the fuck back into the hut
>the group starts using the living weapon since it's a powerful gun
>they eventually notice it's pouring some ichor that mutates lifeforms into mutants with the same oozing ichor
>they eventually agree to stop using the gun altogether but it's too late now
>monsters already roam the world in the 80yrlater timeline and the other party comes to ask them to FUCKING STOP
>they all bury the gun in a place where nobody can touch it
>a dragon's lair
>much later the dragon becomes part of the mutated hivemind and starts the first Genetic Wars

I can't decide whether your games are lit or just totally retarded

It all started when one of the players asked the question: "Did we remember to defuse the bombs we planted on the flood gates?"

And so we watched as an entire city was devastated by a tidal wave of mucky water

Dirty bombed an island. That *was* full of people.

Did... they create a causal loop? GOD DAMN IT

My group destroyed the largest and pretty much sole repository of knowledge and books on the continent (The Grand Library of Havrance), by summoning an meteor swarm on a magic leach that was squelching along the roof.

We accidentally killed a friendly deity.

It wasn't my fault.

It was the paladin's.

>Actually caused a peaceful protest to descend into mindless violence.
>Caused a guard with a fragile mentality to start brutally beating civilians as they trampled each other.
>Snapped the neck of the elderly ringleader while trying to tackle him to the ground.
>Caused an entire prosperous city to sink into a Mordheim-style nightmare because we tried to end the protest abruptly instead of talking the crowd down.
>Local Mages perform Sudoku in an effort to kill us and stop the chaos from spreading.
>Manage to redirect the magic through desperate trickery. We live, but the entire city plummets into a sinkhole.

Worst part? It was the last great bastion of an entire human civilisation that was by far the most advanced of the setting, had just gotten into steam technology and had only in the last ten years abolished slavery.

The games are actually really thought out and enjoyable, but if people press for absurdity then the GM gives it in spades, which usually leads to events like this.

More often than not, I'll try for something stupid and have it spiral out of control beyond what I expected, but this is an exception where I actually tried to see how far I could go.

>Had a campaign that lasted years. DM leveled us extremely slowly. It was made clear in the intro there was an overarching plot to save the material realm from being destroyed somehow. The adventure was filled with other major archs for all that time with small hints peppered into them.

>We ended up above level 20 and then absorbed divine ranks from a lesser deity and became gods, then it was a god campaign. Then the entire party was fighting itself and having a huge war for gaining more followers and etc. Thats when I realized the DM had baited us the entire time and that he knew the group wouldn't get along.

>He predicted we'd be the ones to destroy it all by carelessly clashing our divine might.

>Noticing this I pumped most of the god-feats and etc I was earning (there was a book for this) into creating a new realm. It was small, but it could fit at least all of my own followers and some spare.

>As the DM ramped up the final battle among the gods I made sure I was aligned very strongly as a lackey to the Evil party member who was also the strongest. As the final battle commenced I remained decently passive during the ordeal. I just let them all duke it out and supported and healed him a bit. They kept clashing even as the DM began to warn them of rippling reality, tearing space, and so forth. Near the final rounds he started to give them the news that it was irreparable and they were destroying the world they had adventured to protect. Soon reality was going to fold in on itself and take them with it. They had themselves fulfilled the prophecy we all saw as a vision.

>So my party destroyed the fucking material plane. As they sat there panicking with the clock ticking down, I revealed that I'd created a small new one, none of them had those powers so they begged to come with me.

"No". Then my character folded out.

The end.

We traded the secret of how to produce gunpowder to a nomad king and caused the settings equivalent of Genghis Khan's golden horde.

We did get some really good maps, war-trained steppe horses and a free pass to set up trade routes through their territory out of it.

Letting the Pixie join the group.
>Now public enemy number one in half of the UCAS
>Hunted by both Aztechnology and Ares
>All contacts have cut communications
>Now deemed bioterrorists by Horizon.
>Allied gangs have declared open war on us.
>Personally offended the Yakuza
>Blew up the Renraku Arcology
>Stuck on a gun-laden yacht, adhering to a life of piracy.

>Single greatest disaster
Nuclear explosion. We caused a Nuclear reactor to go full chernobyl to cover up our tracks after we stole some experimental cold-fusion technology from the secret research lab underneath it. Explosion killed literally every worker, researcher, and scientist there as well as the Megacorp wetwork/cleanup team (we beat them there and pretended to be them to get in/get what we needed) and levelled a solid amount of Montreal. We also took the project lead hostage and then sold him to the rival Megacorp that had hired us in the fist place after forcing him to create a backdoor into the computer system that we could exploit later.

Our GM still hasn't forgiven us for that mission, but god damn do we all love Shadowrun now

We unleashed the herald of the apocalypse from his prison while also catapulting a lich to being the demigod emperor of one-quarter of the world.
Then we got stuck on another plane for seven years and all the characters died besides mine.

When we got back the GM had redrawn the entire map.

The results included:
Largest center of population and commerce annihilated.
About 50% of the world's population died.
Over 99% of the elven population died.
Massive increase in the number of beastmen, devils, demons, and other nasties running around.
Giant pit that goes all the way to hell appeared.
At least five assorted gods died.
Several new demigods arose, two of which are totalitarian monsters who have taken over half the world, and one who's actually a bro and is basically our DMPC.
Large chunks of land are now completely uninhabitable.

The group as a whole wasn't at fault, just the majority. We were playing DnD 5e, four party group. We were playing an altered game of Princes of the Apocalypse, transported to the DM's setting.
At any rate, we were doing pretty good. We had just saved a port from a bunch of water cultists, defeated their leader who we'd encountered a few times before and wanted to kill, and had been given some uncommon magic items from the local baron. We discovered there was some surviving water cultists who had gone out to sea in a boat for whatever reason and we sprung an ambush when they returned- which was good, cause these guys were buffed up. All of them were magically augmented and their leader was a powerful water Cleric. When we defeated them, our Dwarf Fighter, who was a blacksmith by trade and enjoyed studying weapons, took the leader's fancy trident. That night, it was revealed (by note passing, so only he knew) that the trident was the prison/home of a evil marid, who began possesses the dwarf and shit, slowly converting him to Water Cultist. Due to all of us (Wizard, Bard and Paladin) having average WIS and making poor Insight and Perception checks, we didn't realise anything was wrong and the marid convinced him not to talk about him. Three game months later, the Dwarf disappears while we're busting into a Water Cultist fort in a subterranean lake. When we eventually destroy the place and get out, we discover he managed to release the Marid and ended up flooding much of the kingdom and was being hailed as a prophet of the Prince of Evil Water.
In addition, our wizard had daddy issues, as her father, a minor warlord, had not given her his title on his death but her cousin, and expressed these by murdering the cousin which ended up causing a minor civil war.

For the other party members, the Bard insulted a of a Goliath tribe that the chief united all the tribes and began carving a path of destruction through a kingdom which couldn't fully respond because there was a civil war and large parts of it were underwater.

one time there was a bomb, so the druid wildshaped into a beetle with a burrow speed and dug a hole. He then directed the fighter to push the bomb into the hole, while he was still at the bottom. Surprisingly, the bomb didn't kill the druid, the cave in did.

A flying dinosaur with teleportation that fucks everything he finds.

That was a weird campaign