That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now...

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

Oh! Looks like someone found the random link on 1d4chan.

classica pasta

I hate this pasta

I've missed you

Is this the first pasta that Marco Polo brought back to Italy from China?

It is nice to see such historic texts brought up from time to time. A fine pasta to be sure.

Although I wonder: Was this originally written without irony?

>I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

I'm gonna guess so.

How do we convert this to 5e?

How do we convert this to GURPS?

Rant about how Katanas deserve their own stats instead of a reflavor on a long sword, as suggested by the DMG.

How do we convert this to FATE?

How do we convert this to Dungeon World?

Legitimately though, anti-weebness is becoming way too ""mainstream""

Now everyone considers Katanas to be like shit tier quality swords or something

How do we convert this to Shadowrun?

How do we convert this to Dark Heresy?

Nah, just representative of Shit - tier players. Actual Katanas? Harder than most steel because it's folded, but nowhere close to modern materials.

How do we convert this to Traveller?

How do we convert this to Maid the RPG?

How do we convert this to Exalted?

How do we convert this to Eclipse Phase?

How do we convert this to AdEva?

How do we convert this to F.A.T.A.L.?

How do we convert this to AD&D?

How do we convert this to Mutants & Masterminds?

How do we convert this to Apocalypse World?

How do we convert this to BRP?

How do we convert this to 7th Sea?

How do we convert this to Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k 7th edition?

How do we convert this to MYFAROG?

How do we convert this to Ars Magica?

How do we convert this to Call of Cthulhu?

H-haha

Japanese iron was pretty poor due how it would be found, but the method of forging turned it into a decent steel, the whole "katanas are made of shitty steel" is just false. Just as "katanas snap easily", they had soft core so they, in fact, bend, but due lack of flexibility they don't recover their shape.

They were an ok weapon for what they were used (sidearm during times of war, dueling weapon during times of peace).

Also, katanas were a type of Japanese sword, saying katanas were shit is like saying rapiers were shit and putting every western sword ever into that category.

>inb4 "nowadays everybody uses katana as term for any Japanese sword"
And? each of them had different materials, forms, lengths, and methods of forging, putting all in the same category is fucking stupid.

How do we convert this to GUMSHOE?

How do we convert this to All Flesh Must Be Eaten?

How do we convert this to BBB?

In PF they're 1d8 18-20x2, 2hnd with lethal: the DC for avoiding coup de grace increases in 4.

For some retard reason they're still exotic, srly, why exotic exists? it doesn't make fucking sense.

How do we convert this to Cyberpunk 2020?

How do we convert this to JoJo?

How do we convert this to Mage: The Awakening?

How do we convert this to MechWarrior?

How do we convert this to Rogue Trader?

How do we convert this to ASOIAF the RPG?

How do we convert this to Burning Wheel?

How do we convert this to LOS MAGOS DEL TIEMPOOOOOOOOO?

How do we convert this to VTNL?

How do we convert this to Twilight 2000?

How do we convert this to Wushu?

How do we convert this to Vampire: The Masquerade?

How do we convert this to Earthdawn?

How do we convert this to Deathwatch?

How do we convert this to Changeling: The Lost?

How do we convert this to Only War?

How do we convert this to Furry Pirates?

How do we convert this to HackMaster?

How do we convert this to Kobolds Ate My Baby!?

How do we convert this to Bushido?

How do we convert this to Legacy?

Best post.

How do we convert this to Big Eyes, Small Mouth?

How do we convert this to Arcana Unearthed?

How do we convert this to Champions?

How do we convert this to d20 Modern?

How do we convert this to Bliss Stage?

How do we convert this to Paranoia?

How do we convert this to Scrabble Junior?

How do we convert this to FUDGE?

How do we convert this to Gamma World?

How do we convert this to Fading Suns?

How do we convert this to MERP?

How do we convert this to Living Steel?

Just so you know, I am adding each and every one of these to a system list. Let's see how many Veeky Forums can manage.

How do we convert this to Rifts?

How do we convert this to Pathfinder?

How do we convert this to Masterbook?

How do we convert this to Deadlands?

How do we convert this to Gangbusters?

How do we convert this to real life?

How do we live with ourselves, Veeky Forums?

Ironically

this pasta is old, moldy, and stale. it was also made of low quality ingredients when it was new.

0/10

Put me in the epic screencap guys!

Wow, someone dug this old thing up. I haven't seen this since...wow what's it been now 4 years? 6? Man, this brings back nausea.

No I meant Nausea, it wasn't the auto correct this time. Did you think I would really feel nostalgia for this shit? Even this guy (pic related) couldn't find anything redeemable in it.

How do we convert this user to our cause?

WOLOLOLO

That's it. I'm sick of all this "stale old copypasta" bullshit that's going on in Veeky Forums right now. Masterwork Bastard Sword copypasta deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself wrote a genuine copypasta edit in Veeky Forums after 250 posts (that's about 3 days on the board) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even make cynical Veeky Forums nerds rage with my copypasta.

Veeky Forums trolls spend years working on a single copypasta and repost it up to a million times to produce the finest greentext known to mankind.

Masterwork Bastard Sword threads are thrice as long as Flare threads and thrice as annoying for that matter too. Any thread furries can ruin, a Masterwork Bastard Sword edit can ruin better. I'm pretty sure a Bastard Sword pasta could easily bisect an edition war thread with a simple sage.

Ever wonder why moderators never deleted any Masterwork Bastard Sword thread? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined trolls and their copypasta of destruction. Even when Veeky Forums was good, Anonymous saged the threads with the bastard sword copypasta first because their trolling power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Masterwork Bastard Sword is simply the best copypasta that Veeky Forums has ever seen, and thus, require better recognition on Veeky Forums. Here is the stat block I propose:

(Masterwork Copypasta) All trolls on the thread get +5 to rage checks, thread cannot be saged.

tl;dr = Bastard Sword pasta needs to be more effective on Veeky Forums, see my new stat block.

How do we convert this to shitload of laughing reaction images screenshot memes?

>That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction.
>Had seriously one guy in a forum, who claimed they never fought the Euorpean because Samurai were too honerable.

Okay, I've been on Veeky Forums forever, but Veeky Forums is something I'm still relatively new to, so I have to ask this. Does Veeky Forums hate Japanese influenced stuff in general (like the general dislike of the Tau in 40K threads) or is it just weebs who make the genre unbearable? (Like going to an anime forum to talk about oldschool anime and suggestions for modern stuff, only to encounter people who unironically post about Naruto)

Because I've never really had a problem with anime influence in general, just so long as it's not magical realm or that guy stuff.

>American soldiers
>Respecting their enemy
This part was too farfetched.

We hate when it's done poorly. If you can do a brilliant Feudal Japan campaign devoid of anime fighting, we're pretty happy.

There are a select few of us who enjoy their anime and would like to run anime campaigns. Come back tomorrow and look up /sss/ in the catalog.

However when a player or GM defies the theme of a campaign it throws a wrench in our suspension of disbelief, and ruins the experience for us.

That help?