Are there any single player wargames or strategy games?

Are there any single player wargames or strategy games?

I have no group to play with and I'm stuck on a computer that's too shit to run any games.

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosium.com/content/FreePDFs/CoC/Adventures/CHA23145 - Alone Against the Flames.pdf
chaosium.com/content/FreePDFs/CoC/CHA23131 Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Quick-Start Rules.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG
bay12games.com/dwarves/
pastebin.com/F8teW7rr
atwar-game.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Come to the CYOA threads and find something that can be used as a longer term singleplayer game. Or learn to write based on a roll-up from a CYOA.

chaosium.com/content/FreePDFs/CoC/Adventures/CHA23145 - Alone Against the Flames.pdf

This one is fun, you'll need a way to roll a d100 and the basic understanding of the 7th Ed rules (resolution of skills)

chaosium.com/content/FreePDFs/CoC/CHA23131 Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Quick-Start Rules.pdf

Your post gives rather conflicting impressions of your financial status. You are too poor to buy a new computer, but want to purchase a (tabletop, I assume) war game or strategy game?

Ask /bgg/ and /awg/. I'd recommend the Gears of War board game but it's out of print and like $250 kek. There may be something you can create using papercraft. There are also rules for war games using any figures you have lying around the house, but I think they're all two player.

>You are too poor to buy a new computer, but want to purchase a (tabletop, I assume) war game or strategy game?

Oh fuck no. I just want suggestions. I'll go over to the .pdf thread afterwards to try and find it.

My financial status right now is deciding if I want gasoline or food. I'm not buying dick.

Hornet leader is amazing.

You could play online but if you ask in here people is going to say "Duh, why don't you just play a video game duh" but if you don't have a problem I could play with you

Behold, a ton of singleplayer stuff, gatherered by a helpful user.

mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG

My favorite one so far is The Department, a one or two player co-op (no GM) skirmish wargame about detectives hunting down rogue androids, like Blade Runner with the serial numbers filed off.

final fantasy tactics, is a possibility. taxtics ogre is likely a certainty.

old tactics vidya dont require much, and some of them will even run om emulatora on your phone.

your pc should also have no issues running games like shining force or tactics advance.

youre not going to find a good singleplayer tabletop. so grab some emulators and run some old vidya

I need to bring /solog/ back.

Soon... Soon

Your computer is probably adequate to run a nano-embark of DF on a small world.
bay12games.com/dwarves/
Have fun

Chain Reaction 3 works pretty well for solo play, I especially like the Sci-Fi sourcebook.

Did that user who said in the last thread he'd be back to add some missing content ever fulfill his promise?

Your computer can run battle for wesnoth most likely.

Alien Boardgame.

You fight aliens, and they move to the closest character from the point they are, if tied you pick an random character using dice, if more than one way (with equal distance) you pick an random direciton using dice

Nope. Just broken promises, like tears in the rain, man.

link me the last thread, the way I remember it there was very few if any additions...

sorry bro don't be sad...

It's cool I was exaggerating my disappointment, but yeah, the guy was all like "I'mma post stuff after work everyone!" and then just never came back. Typical user stuff.
Here's the thread in question:

I know the last thing people want is another general, but i'm serious about restarting the solo gamers general. If there's interest that is. The other generals just made fun of "us"

I'll archive and scour the thread, thanks.

Don't call it a general? I know it bucks the general trend heh but we used to just have a "star wars thread" instead of a "star wars general thread."
It's like being user versus a namefag. You can do the same exact shit you were doing, but slap a name on it, and suddenly somebody's mad.

Or alternately, just don't give a shit, because who cares?

I think the problem people with generals is when they are constant and omnipresent, even as someone who hates generals in general I would say having an interesting general like this pop up every now and then wouldn't be a bad thing. It would probably have to only happen something like once a month though, because I doubt you could sustain interest in it for more than a thread, and that way you could do meaningful incremental updates if anyone is doing any game deving or if anything new comes out.

Hey guys, my shit is as updated as my resources allow.

If there's more post 'em... I'm always on the lookout for games that can be played solo...
oh yeah there's this game everyones talking about called kingdom something something....

btw - is a lifetime pastebin account worth the 25$?

pastebin is here

going for this damn get

pastebin.com/F8teW7rr

Congratulations.

Nice quints

Your computer can probably run Rome Total War or Dawn of War. They're over a decade old each now.

Fuck I'm old.

Here's a bumpadidlyump for you solo gamarinos

Xmage, Cockatrice, Pretend You're Xyzzy, and atwar-game.com/ are all options for lightweight Veeky Forums gaming on a computer.

OP here. I Wasn't expecting so many posts. Thanks for all the suggestions.

No problem mate.

I had been purposely avoiding discussing any single player Veeky Forums related vidya since that list could go on forever.

Do you really want this type of info? don't really want to make this a thread.

But I have them all, or a bunch of them.

Just let me know if you'd like suggestions I guess. And for low power laptop user there are many choices, but most games will t least require DX9 compatibility, software rendered games would be older and may have OS compatibility issues...

There's a massive selection of grognard wargames that can run on any old potato, since true grogs rarely have good or even passable PCs. I refuse to believe your PC is too shit to run games.

Final bump