Character Background PART 2:

Last thread was fun! Lets keep it going with interesting PC backgrounds!
Anything is welcome from Fantasy, to Scifi, Serious, or Funny as long as its origional; people seem to really dig feedback.

In a pathfinder game I'm going to be playing an Aasimar paladin of Aroden from Cheliax before it fell to darkness, and has recently regained his lost faith after realizing that in his pursuit of finding out what happened to his patron he had neglected The Last Azlanti's ideals and vows to help any he encounters on his quest for answers. How did I do?

>16 year old dragonborn noble sorcerer
>Next in line to be head of his clan
>Haughty youth that left his clan with 5 servants to bring back enough fame and fortune to make his name legendary

A farm girl who just wanted to be a hero like in the stories and ran away from her home to join the military... (Started as basically the epitome of a cowardly idealist)

A dragon born wild sorcerer. His egg was used by a cult as part of a botched summoning ritual and when it failed and destroyed the cults hideout some local villagers raised him assuming he was just a surviver of a tragic accident. When his magic manifested as he grew word spread through town of the "magic miracle child" and when he chose to become an adventurer and build a legend his village could be proud of.

A young, deformed, magically gifted three eyed child in the Levant had a dream one night. He dreamt that he and his sister were cast aside from their village and doomed to roam the Earth for perpetuity, while being whispered by a demented voice. His village was sacked by zealots of Canaan and almost his entire family was killed in sickly fire. When escaping his burning house, a piece of burning debris fell onto him and paralyzed him from the waist down. A voiceless spirit came to him and helped carry him out.

He crawled out and saw his sister, who had survived the attack as well. The two then set out across the lands of the Fertile Crescent, reflecting on himself, and why he was attacked. He came to the conclusion that he was a God in a human form, and is now on a quest to gain followers to spread his influence, for a greater goal to unite all the people in the ancient world.

That's actually not going quite well for him.

A human paladin. He's an old man that tries his best to help the people he is following. He used to he a cardinal for his religion.

He took to adventuring after demons attacked the abbey he helped run. He hates himself for not noticing the taint of corruption among his flock until it was too late and he feels he paid the price by losing his son (his wife died during childbirth).

He spent the next few weeks in meditation and prayer, begging his deity and asking why they would let this happen. He received no answer. Soon, he simply grew angry. Angry at everything, the gods, the abbey, himself, his son, everything. But more than anything, he felt a hatred towards the demons that stole away everything that he had cherished. When he felt this divine anger and thirst for retribution, his deity answered him, instructing him to become a paladin for his cause and go on a pilgrimage. He believes this is also his penance for what he believes to be his own crime of ignorance.

He is a kind man and wants the best for the party, but he knows he is old. These are young people. They are stronger than him, faster, and some are much smarter. He knows eventually he'll burn out. He hopes, secretly, that this will happen when he has finally done his duty to these young heroes and his deity, so that he may once again be reunited with the family he lost.

I certainly wanna see how this goes. The "gifted child" sort of backstory has always seemed interesting to me.

A baker from the North who just wants to settle down, but due to his business being in the shitter, is forced to return to adventuring.

Worn Old Man™ is one of my fav characters, makes for some very interesting RP. Good on you, user.

I wish I had a game to play him in. The one he was made for fell died before it could live.

She started out in a poorer area of Tokyo, reading the news about antics of corps and shadowrunners and wishing she could have a life of excitement like them. Especially after her parents were involved in an industrial accident and lost their jobs.
As soon as she could pass for old enough, she went out and got a 'part-time job'. Shadowrunning, With a group who didn't ask too hard about age, or why she was wearing a disguise consisting of fox ears and tail, and waving a sword around while on rollerskates.
It was apparent that she was a bit of an idiot, even then.
Once she got successful enough, she got the ears and tail biosculpted on.
Then came the Accident. She fell off a truck they were robbing, and under the wheels. Her 'friends' left her for dead, and she was arrested. Her sugar daddy bailed her out, and paid for the surgery to put her back together, and ensuring that it'd never happen again.
A short while after that, she met her current team of shadowrunners.

Anybody have a link to the last thread? I posted something in it and want to know if anyone responded.

I pretty much made Gluttony as an Orc was fun. Was used as an attack dog to sweep away any problems. Just went in there, axed things, ate the bodies.

I have a Call of Cthulhu game coming up, set out West in the 50s. I was planning on playing a Police officer who's returned from Korea in the past two years or so. He's from a small farm in the area, and used his GI bill for the Police Academy. Anything I need to flesh out more?

A human knight that is tired of not seeing any action besides an occasional bandit and decides to join a group of real adventurers, just like his European fantasy books.

This was a character that had a pre-generated background. I wanted to play a bounty hunter, no-nonsense type in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. However, we were given pre-genned char sheets. Deciding to still be a Bounty Hunter, I picked it. The character was a droid who was obsessed with perfection and modifications, and thus started with min-maxed stats and a fuck huge gun.

The droid promptly turned into a gun modding, master-piloting, probability spouting and barely-restrained psychotic who only cared about money and the potential upgrades to his gun.

The most important battle was against the Trandoshan mercenary, who I narrowly lost to in a battle of holochess. It was amazing stuff, like Duel of the Fates playing in the background amazing.

In my setting there are these incubation chambers that some people use to teach their children while giving them an accelerated growth rate. There's usually nothing that goes wrong, except those children mostly come out with social disorders from not growing up with other kids.
My character was one of the ones that went wrong, and now he's an enormous hillbilly and possible cannibal, known domestic terrorist, and conspiracy nutjob.

A herd of Minotaur nomads were walking through the forest when they were ambushed by Wargs. They formed the customary protection circle, but one calf was left outside on accident. He fled into the woods, pursued by Wargs, who finally cornered him near a cave, which happened to be home to a highly territorial Green Dragon, who came out to investigate the ruckus. During the chaotic warg-on-dragon violence, the Minotaur fled again, until he came to a hill, which he tripped down, causing him to roll through the door of a family of Gnomes. The family decided to adopt him, due to the fact that an adult Minotaur is a wonderful security system. That's why Sir Loin refers to the gnome wizard as his brother.

Bump

Hugh Stagheart was originally the child of a noble family. In their travels, they were ambushed, and baby Hugh was left among the wreckage, forgotten. Fortune would have it that followers of Helm, Lord of Protection, would find him. When the Helmites found Hugh in their travels, they were quick to scurry him to a nearby farmhouse. The family there was astonished to see the Helmites carrying this dirty child, but quickly got what they could to help the child. The Helmites, having no other practical options, spoke with the family about what they saw, and how they came to find him. The family took the child in, and named him Hugh. He grew up to be a bright child, (despite a light head injury) and was willing to help around at a young age. With all the manual labor going on at the farm, Hugh was always busy, lending a helping hand in the fields and lifting things his brothers could not. He ate portions fit for beasts, and so was soon appropriately regarded as a beast of burden by the family. These things coupled with Hugh's absent-minded nature meant that not only was Hugh doing massive amounts of work, sometimes, he was doing it twice, for a poorly understood or executed order. After coming of age, Hugh expressed his gratefulness to his foster family, but told them he could work at the farm no longer. He had to chase the purpose he believed was set before him: To be strong for all those that could not. So he set out to emulate the men that had saved him, and joined the Helmites at their temple. At the Temple, Hugh quickly stood out as an overzealous and overbearing strongman. This reputation had him rushed out of the temple by his superiors, and into the company of a company of adventurers with a desperate mission.

Here's one I made for a purposefully silly and stupid magical girl campaign, which lasted only one session. Edited to fit in a single post.

>Chan Bow is a mute girl who really kinda sorta doesn't care, maybe? She certainly doesn't seem to, at least.
>Not being in any teams or clubs, her favorite pastime is fishing read: dangling a stick with rope or wading into water and catching fish by hand at anywhere that could feasibly support fish life. She's surprisingly good at it, likely because the universe just enables her for some reason. No one, not even Chan, knows when or why she started fishing.
>Despite her eccentricities, the oddball doesn't stand out much in school, and is often left to her own devices. She's on alright terms with her classmates, who claim that she's actually not hard to work with and gives things her all. That is, when she's not doing something unrelated like playing harmonica.
>Chan is fairly skillful at the harmonica, and always carries one with her. She started playing at age four, and learned music with her piano-playing best friend. When pianofriend moved away, she and her family gifted Chan with her harmonica.
>Chan's often big and exaggerated body language clearly displays her thoughts and emotions, making up for her muteness. Unless she suddenly goes into an odd, trance-y/zen-y like state where she stops emoting entirely. She's often found in this state while playing her harmonica while waiting for fish to bite.
>She actually used to speak as a younger child, but no one knows when or why she stopped talking. However, since it doesn't particularly impact her life much, her parents are okay with it. They're used to it and just think Chan's going through a mute phase.
>Her preferred method of transportation is by bike, upon which she has a nice little horn she likes to honk. It can be a nuisance to others, especially since when she needs to get others' attention she'll honk her horn or toot her harmonica.

Pathfinder. Character's mother was a cultist of Lamashtu unbeknownst to her husband. While the mother was pregnant the husband found out and killed her out side of town. As he killed her she gave birth to Kroto a child born with 3 eyes and a mouth of jagged teeth. The father couldn't bring himself to personaly slay his new born child no matter how monstrous and left the child along the road side. A shaman from a barbarian tribe pick him up viewing him as an omen and a tool for the tribe. He was raised as a barbarian until he was 14. The new chief of the tribe took him on a hunt told him of his past and that monsters were no longer allowed in the tribe stabbed him through the chest with a spear and left him for dead. He was found once more, this time by an alchemist that nursed him back to health.

Kroto learn alchemy from him for a few years before an accident occured killing his mentor and friend as well as causing Kroto to grow a third arm.

He found a job with the city guard but left due to all the stares and distrust. Kroto signed with a small adventure group to explore some local abandoned keep in search of treasure.

A foreign, retired soldier who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He was simply settling down into a new country with his family, ready to put his blade down for good, but his new home town would be burned down in a surprise military assault that ushered in a new war.
His wife was murdered, his child was gone, and his arm was missing. So he picked up his blade again and fought in a war he held no obligation for, just to get revenge and closure.