A gundam roleplaying game. "i just stayed to laugh at you"

so i joined a gundam based online tabletop game that was originally going to be based around Iron blooded orphens, but upon the first game i was greeted to this: "Its been 100 years since the last Gundam Fight with Domon Kashu claiming victory. The final battle with the Devil Gundam split the nations of the world and space with many opposeing the use of the Devil Gundam and others saying the Devil Gundam can still be used for good as it was originally intended by Dr. Kashu. In the end it was settled with War between anti Devil Gundam and Pro forces. It was a long and brutal war. In the end The Anti Devil Gundam forces claimed victory. It is now 10 years since the signing of the peace agreement the nations of the world and space maintain a tenuous Peace." at this point i'm just there to to watch this train wreck. my character is based upon arronax and the gundam is essentially a highly explosive crossbone gundam. (the dm has never heard of crossbone gundam) time to see where this rabbithole goes. i'll update you as the story progresses... (not this is under the Battle century g/z system)

Notes regarding the gm in regards to the first session:
1.) seemed to be terrible at art
2.) he did things that would have been out of character for my character/mech to do
3.) seemed to continue to do such things even after he noticed it annoyed me/my character
4.) did not advertise that the plot was going to be a cross between 2 universes. the only thing mentioned was it would be based upon ibo.
5.) total mouthbreather.
he seems to be able to at least narrate relatively well and didn't start the group as a group, which says something. plus he seemed to be pretty accomadating to me as i was rather late to the first game due to a prior engagement.
i will not post his info or the game's info as i don't want hate being directed towards him personally. i just want you to join me as i slide deeper and deeper down the rabbithole that is this game.

Silent sniper guy- sees to be nice and focuses on supporting others. will be reffered to as SS guy. seems to be a nice guy with a well made char.

B-ko: a guy playing the only other female pc in the game. is a "millitary brat" character.

Cloud: a guy who left the enemy faction and has no real goal in life/lookng for a reason to live.
Killface mcgee: emo guy who likes to fight.

My char: (typical shounen character) an unlucky kid who happened to get in a mechsuit and got stuck fighting a war they wanted no part of. (a.k.a. any gundam character) will be referred to as Amuro. (note it is a female character)
i'll post the char portraits at a later date. (mine is the main pic)
summary of the 15 minutes of the first session that i was there for will follow. let me know if you guys want more info.

>going to be based around Iron blooded orphens
Tobia OP was spared.
>Future G Gundam setting
Tobia OP is screwed, despite G Gundam being fun.

yeah, i kinda want to see how far i can go with my character with him not getting the references. it'll be interesting.

takes twice the damage, has a low threshold (hp) and when it hits zero hp, it explodes affecting 5 zones and killing my character. pretty strong though. it has the highest stats out of anyone in the group, but has a crap-ton of flaws, including one where if it loses its first threshold, the pilot starts to take damage as well.

"Name: {Amuro}
Concept: Stereotypical mecha protagonist (minus the whine)
Character Reason: wants to prevent as many casualties as possible of the war.
Character Typecast: All-loving hero, adorkable"
"{amuro} grew up in a small space colony family with an interest in sports and comics. One day, her life changed when a strike happened on her colony, wiping out most of the colony with few survivors. She managed to escape thanks to the Double-Cross, but she was incapable of helping anyone or doing anything when she escaped, something she regrets to this day."

"Model Details:
A powerful prototype mobile suit that uses a plug-in core fighter/cock-pit system as well as a prototype energy reactor built for intense use and incredibly fast and precise movements. The end result is a sleek and fast mobile suit capable of high speeds and even higher outputs. due to the reactor’s structure, if badly damaged, the reactor can cause a volatile explosion equal to a nuclear detonation. It was due to this potential risk that the suit was never properly implemented. However, to help assist the pilot in difficult maneuvers is an advanced ai program that interfaces with the user to help increase reaction/response time. However, due to the potential strain on pilots, the system will deactivate after an hour to prevent the user from dying due to the intense mental pressure and fatigue it causes. It is armed with a beam saber as well as a beam cutlass (beam ripper) and a cross-propulsion system linked directly to the reactor that can combine to form a lux cannon, as well as a anti-beam coated cloak.
In summary; a highly explosive robot that can partially think for itself and is likely to cause death to its user in various terrible ways.

side note: the original gundam name is the Purson, but {Amuro} has refused to call it such, thinking the name "isn't cool" and instead uses the xxs from it's roman numerals as the double cross. the operating system seems to accept that."

OP remember to learn how to stab into things with the manipulators, Unicorn-style. Make tearing dick armour (and the cockpit) off as your go to finisher.

believe me, i'll try that. my char is focused on diasarming opponents, but in this battle system that means pretty much nothing. have to deal damage to the cockpit. worth noting that beam weapons aren't supposed to exist in ibo universe, but i've already made it this far. time to see how i can end up killing everyone and ruin the campaign. (please note i am usually a /thisguy not a /thatguy. it's mostly for a change in pace. still better than the last time i tried to apply for a game... *shudders*

i will try to answer any clearifying questions users have as i realize some of this requires context and knowledge of the system, or other things. oh, and yes, i am a girl irl.

Nice bait.

>and yes, i am a girl irl.
No one was gonna ask.

Anyway, I don't see any red flags so far, except for G Gundam having a very different tone than Iron Blooded Orphans. Well, that and:
> 2.) he did things that would have been out of character for my character/mech to do
Why in the blue hell would the gm narrate and not you?

tl;dr: You have so far failed to convince me that the gm is terrible.

what do you mean?

The "I'm a girl" statement, I believe.

>except for G Gundam having a very different tone than Iron Blooded Orphans.
OP's GM could have only watched IBO and read a bit in G, figured the Devil Gundam sounded pretty metal, and went along with it.

regarding the narration. he had the ai drop me in the middle of a MILLITARY BASE even though the ai is supposed to prioritize safety. as well as having the mech intentionally use an incorrect surname/name for my character after my character's repeated attempts to ask it to stop. while not as bad as previous dm, still bad. will post chat with the previous dm i had shortly. (not gundam related)

g gundam is like street fighter. but with giant robots. ibo is about regarding ibo it is more of an anti-war space opera. so yeah, they don't seem to mesh well.

it's almost done. i promise.

sh*t hits the fan+ irony.

OP what in God's name am I reading?

the end of the previous game "inteview"

before i applied for the gundam game, i was i applied and was "interviewed" for a different game. i didn't want to be a part of fetish stuff. i just wanted to be like usagi yojimbo and defeat some enemies.... it didn't look like that was going to be the case...

bitch, you spastic as fuck

?

I thought this sort of shit was reserved for furry websites

Not gonna lie, this is the stuff that brings me back to Veeky Forums. Helps me stay chill when half my IRL group cancels at the last second.

IBO campaign sounds like it would be pretty fun with, like, any other GM.

That was OP telling a story about a previous thing. Hopefully this Iron G Blooded Fighter stuff works out a lot better and far less cringe worthy.

If you hate the game so much leave it?
No game is better then bad game.

OP answered that.

I mean it's probably not going to turn into inflating robots, but it could. And if it does, there should be screenshots.

How do you people even get into these situations? I've only tried to join one online group and they treated jokes like actual statements of intent so I just signed off and never spoke to them again.

>That interview
Ayyyy

At least they're up front about what kind of campaign it is, but god damn where do you find these people OP

I've had a year and a half long phase of online rpgs and I've never had this sort of stuff happen. Maybe I just had very good luck, but I seem to have avoided the furry, erp and fanfic boogeyman entirely.
Settings played were star wars, adeva, coc, x-men, firefly and 1940s secret agents. On one had I'm kind of jealous because I don't have any good cringe stories to share, or even a screenshot. Only thing I met are a bunch of stoners and old soldiers, plus your run of the mill dose of aspies and narcissists.