What can be done to make succubus interesting? I think they are worn out jokes or fantasies...

What can be done to make succubus interesting? I think they are worn out jokes or fantasies. I want to make them up as a race that has no "males" and needs to be able to attract other races. I'm trying to think of a way to give them a culture and civilization that makes them different. Can anyone help me do this?

>I want to make them up as a race that has no "males" and needs to be able to attract other races.

But they have males, they're called incubi

>incubi
*Sigh*

SUCCUBUS (MALE) KEK!!!

There, got that out of the way.

Have them be like the Asari, and focus them less as cockhungry tarts, and more of a socially proficient race of Djinni.

As for the female-only aspect, fertility is most commonly associated with women, therefore they subconsciously take in desires mentally, and their bodies adjust to fit in with those desires.

Also, not exclusively evil, because if anything they are most suited to be confidantes and the trope of succubi being evil is honestly too cliche.

Might be better to call them something other than succubi if you dont intend to invoke the evil connotation, though

Give them dicks?

The problem is that everyone keeps trying to give them culture and civilization so you can justify fucking a supernaturally manipulative being of pure evil without the emasculation that comes from being an idiot who got played like a fiddle.

Make them like in your picture OP. Figure out how they would deal with ordinary situations like parenthood, etc.

so... tieflings?

Make them redeemed.

>*Sigh*

cut that out friend

If they have no males, they would probably adopt the culture of the people they draw males from.

The real question IMO is how genetics would work. If they can give birth to male humans and (female) succubi, then they'll probably destroy human females and live in complete symbiosis with men.
If they can only give birth to succubi, they need to spare human females, and then it gets more complex and they're filthy parasites.
You also need to take into account whether they can pass as human or not.

Btw, there's a sci-fi novel by Philip José Farmer, The Lovers, that includes pseudo-succubi in a similar role.
As they were eternally young and beautiful, they posed as godesses, and began warring against each other after a while.

I'm writing a book for 1d4chan now with a High Succubus as a character. She was rejected by Asmodeus as a replacement for the succubi who defected during the Blood War because he accidentally gave her free will. She got bounced around various planes because she was lost, and she wound up in Toril after basically being trapped in one of the Lawful Good planes for three years.

Unironically yes. Just use Tieflings if you want to include cute demonic chicks who aren't necessarily out to screw you over.

>She got bounced around

I bet she did

Make it so common succubi give birth to normal humans, but the female as a chance to be a succubus.

The original succubi, summoned by the pervert wizards of whenever, would always give birth to succubi when the offspring was female, but their blood is now diluted in most common succubi.

Giggity.

>that pic
She looks optimistic.

Reminds me of Prequel.

...how long before she breaks down?

Make them LUST in general.

Not just lust in the sexual way.

They should fuel desire and passion and feed on it along with being semen demons.

Thus it would be interesting to see that this also affects them as when they are not draining men to exhaustion they read tons of books and for hours listen to music/watch movies or plays (lust for culture), read scientific articles/encyclopedias/anatomy books (lust for knowledge), or do unusual things like painting (also painting miniatures and modeling), singing, writing novels, filming...all connected to lust, passion and desire.

Would be fun to to meet one that isn't simply interested in sex and has other interests.

What a cutie.

Got the link to your work on 1d4chan?

Who drew it? Looks like Mr Culexus.

Wait...IT IS MR.CULEXUS!

Now I recognize that drawing...and style of drawing boobies.

Heh.

Actually, the experience left her with a lingering self-loathing that she confronts over the course of the book. An exarch of Ilmater takes her in and removes Asmodeus' lingering brainwashing, so she can go do whatever she wants. She gets drawn into a massive underground battle between Ilmateri and Ryairan clergy and Baneites.

Who says she's the one who will break? This story is by far the darkest thing I've ever written, with genuinely monstrous characters and depictions of how awful child soldiering would actually be. She got to hang out in heaven for three years, she's fine. Her mortal allies? Maybe not so much.

The story isn't done, but it will be soon. I've commissioned Eversor_ to do some art, got some others from drawfriend and Mr. Culexis, and SpookyAnon is doing some art too.

Yep, that's his art. I love it.

To expand on The Lovers (actual spoilers)
The "succubi" are immortal, but die when giving birth. The only way to prevent that is contraception via alcohol. As a result the "succubus" is self-regulated.

You got Culexus on board?

No, it was just the one pic.

so what slaanesh supposed to be?

Hmm, I'd like to have a Veeky Forums biologist to devellop that part.

In that case the succubi will always be a marginal part of the population, afaics.
They will probably be completely integrated, with a social role depending on the particular society. It could be anything from pariahs to oracles. See albinos for RL inspiration.

Biologist here: it would be a genetic mess to try and chart that. Just explain it with magic. Trust me.

Minus futa and looking for more extreme sensations.

And with a nicer appeal.

There is still this thread.

I thought the way it worked was that they were shapeshifters and didn't really have males or females.

I dont like idea of taking something and changing it into something completely different, essentially leaving only name, that dont really fit anymore.

This seems interesting way to elaborate on them, while maintaining their theme.

exactly how big of a mess?(aside can'thappen because other species or mutations that will most surely cause succubi to be infertile and dead)

What about... succubi as a ruling class?

The free cities used to be ruled by arrogant wizards who lived a life of debauchery in their ivory towers, and they usually summoned succubi for their use as sex slaves, as they considered normal women below them.
One day, a succubus convinced a foolish apprentice to free her. She killed her former master, and with the help of the rest of the wizard's harem and shrewd manipulation, took control of his lands.
Eventually proving herself a cunning strategist, she would conquer all of the free cities and become known as the demon queen, taking the maybe-not-actually-that-foolish apprentice as consort.
Since then, the inheritance of the new kingdom was the firstborn daughter of the queen, who was usually a succubus.
Noble families would prefer to marry succubi or male sons of succubi to keep the bloodline as thick as possible, and most generals would be succubi, even though outside of nobility most of the armies would still be composed by human men.

The concept of 'diluting' a trait over successive generations like that is certainly possible, but it's important to note that it also changing the phenotype and genotype of what are, at the outset, wholly different species phenotypically. A horse/donkey mule scenario is more likely. There are are fertile mules, for instance, but the resulting combination is fundamentally a different species.

What I'm saying is that what you're describing is possible, but for the intermediate stages to be anything other than hideous, deformed monsters, you'd have to do a LOT of birth-point culling and abortions to prevent the otherwise inevitable population of genetic aberration and monsters. It's hard enough to breed to similar species in real life, throwing magic sex monsters into the mix would make it even harder, unless somehow ALL of your succubi traits are both mono-allelic and can be expressed regardless of which chromosome in the cells is active, which would be unlikely in the extreme if you actually want a dilution effect.

i was other user, just curious.
So I was thinking right, thanks for making me sure.(though i like other interpretation, like there is a set of genes which makes someone sucubi, of course only full set works, getting just a part of it is lethal, how much bullshit is that?)

It is very possible for the genes needed to express a specific trait being lethal in a less-than-complete set. It's even happened in humans (with certain traits related to the immune system, for instance).

With regards to a whole-body state, that is, a multi-organ phenotypic expression like becoming a literal rape demon, the sheer number of genes which would need to align in order to create the whole effect would necessitate pretty intense breeding efforts and a LOT of abortion to control. It wouldn't really give the result you're looking for.

Seriously, go with magic. If you want to tie iut to some realistic-looking pseudoscience, look up something called Gemmules. It was one of the theories proposed to explain genetic variance before Mendel.

>throwing magic sex monsters into the mix would make it even harder
Either a lot harder or a lot easier. Remember, magical thinking says that because you can use a heated nail to cauterize a rabies wound on a dog, killing the virus, you can brand the dog with the nail to prevent them from getting bitten in the first place.

It would be fun to see a succubut who not only deflowers smug princes only to see how small their manhoods are before her, but who also loves to collect/paint and model/play Chaos Daemons, have cyberpunk and Shakespeare books as her favorite reads, is an actual gamer girl that loves to play Quake III and Unreal Tournament and is essentially This Girl when she's the Dungeon Master during the session...then she sexes again.

but anoooon, i wanna my succubi genetically possible!(and i am quite aware whole thing is rather silly)
And asexually reproducing succubi-sponges are equally hot idea.

Succubi and Incubi are the same thing. They work with dreams, and their love and attraction only bewitches and drains those who sleep with them until they waste away. In dreams they appear as remarkably beautiful and attractive beings, with a slightly strange deformity like bird talons or a lizards tail. In actuality they are a terrible and hideous creature that's normally invisible except to those with the second sight, and they prowl on sleeping victims. Their main charge is to gather the seed from men to corrupt it into the use of bearing demonic children.

>getting just a part of it is lethal
ALternatively, they just express various succubus traits (like tieflings).

I guess. If they are lucky enough to get the right ones.
But there is that bit that only pure succubi will be able to breed with anything, because any kind of heterozygote succubi will produce dead offspring(if she mates with a human) and maybe dead offspring(if she mates with another heterozygote incubi).
Or something, ain't no biologist tho, got that shit like 5 years ago in school.

A fantasy culture that got tons of miscarriages, aberrant stillbirths and tielfings children (not to mention some succubi) would be very interesting. It's something you usually see in scif-i or post-apoc settings with radiation mutants, but I've never heard of such a thing in fantasy.

They'd probably have shitty relationships with their neighbours unless they hide it very well, too.

geez, i love it. Bit too magical-realmy for me, but if someone will make it work well, i'd play it.

make them scary

What is magical realmy in infant mortality?
It seems my time here hasn't perverted me completely, thankfully.

To continue on that: They would probably link it to some kind of curse. So the tieflings and succubi would probably be pariahs.

I can hardly see people accepting demon-looking miscarriages as blessings.
Maybe if they had a REALLY shitty life and considered that the souls of the departed went to a better world, so the baby has been spared a life of pain by going directly to heavens, but that seems far fetched to me.

>The scaly blue skin on the legs of the son of the village witch, who you know has never traveled abroad, confirm that there was a triton in the village not more than 12 years ago.
>There are no oddchildren of any age in this elven city-state, not even among its poor. Either the city is exceptionally good at keeping demons, fey, and other supernatural creatures out of the city, or it practices eugenic euthanasia.

But they hyper focus on one passion at a time, so you don't have the neckbeard's escapist waif u fantasy of a zero-effort gf who likes him cuz he's into the same things she's into but is also smokin hot and gives frequent sexy times.

Imo, these succubi should become attached to men, but only have/be willing and able to fulfill one need at a time.

Make them old. They already did everything and everyone.
They are basically grandmas full of cool anecdotes.
Like that time when she porked that king and caused a war that killed an entire race.
They also awkardly try to be on the wave. 50 year old in a Skrillex concert.
Alternative: mutants in a postapoc setting.

This.

This. Make them the sin of luxuria: desire for pleasure.

>What can be done to make succubus interesting?
Stop having threads about them every single day?

But. They're demons. They don't have a *culture*.

They start out as corrupted souls as lower order demons, and are fused with other corrupted souls until reaching the stage that makes them into a succubus.

Some of them go on to be transformed into other kinds of demons later on, and some deliberately choose to stay as demons.

If you start mucking with them you won't have succubi, you'll just have an all-female race with wings, horns, and a tail.

But that's how demons work.

Well, different settings have different ways demons work. For example, one inspired by Christian mythology might have their origins be as fallen angels. I think there have been others where demons have a nation and culture and stuff basically like anyone else except they live in Hell and are probably evil. Etcetera.

Say that they are not demons. They aren't evil they just feed off of lust, etc.

This might be personal prejudice, but I think the major problem with succubi is letting them get too soft. The monster is made of two parts, an unresistable sexiness to lure you in and a horrifying trap to spring once you take the bait, and I think it's the latter part that's faded out; like a lot of other monsters people have made efforts to humanize them which have resulted in them becoming sex fantasies with no teeth.

My solution would be to remove the humanizing and put the teeth back in. Make them very, very evil, in the way that a shark circling a shipwrecked crew floating in the water is evil. Keep all that sex appeal but tinge it with just a bit of nasty, enough to let the victim know there's something wrong but not necessarily enough to keep them away. For their civilization and culture, don't hold anything back, let it be in very large part about ensnaring and killing humans for whatever practical purpose it serves. If they have a culture beyond that, great, but it's all built on that foundation of suffering.

That will make them more interesting because it will firmly restore them to the root of the fear from which they sprung in the first place.

>How do we make X interesting?
every god damn day with these threads. third one this month for succubi alone, maybe more.

These threads usually only result in some cheap gimmicks, or a product completely divorced from the subject

You could always have succubi for other sins besides lust. Like a succubus of gluttony or sloth you keeps going on dates with men to ice cream places to get them fat and lazy.

I don't want a generic evil sexy demon. I want to make them more "human," good, bad, and everything in between. A RACE rather than a idea.

The Impetus is on you. Pick a name for them and give us something to work with. What would you throw at a jaded sci-fi fan as a reason for me to take an interest in your all Female race?

>Literal lust creatures
>Make them pure
Why is this so best?

>No culture in the abyss
Que? Each layer has a master, and they venerate various lords. They do have a culture.

It's all the best parts of purity without the overwhelming prudishness.

I'm with you there. To me, wanting angels and demons to be "humanized" or less objectively good/evil is like asking for a muscle car that's practical and fuel efficient. It's fine if that doesn't suit your needs or you have some philosophical objection to it (I don't think I'd ever own a muscle car, and generally like my fantasy a bit more grey), but if that's the case you should accept that you're barking up the wrong tree and do something else.
(Mind you, the lighter the tone the more I'm willing to budge on that. I loved Good Omens, for example.)
I'll grant you that it's an overdone topic (especially for succubi), but what would you prefer? An even more stale shitpost about how we should all be ashamed for still playing [insert popular game here]? Why not make a post about something you want to talk about, instead of demanding everyone else provide your entertainment for you?

>making posts about things you want to talk about
But user, they want to tell things they don't like to go away.
That's what they come here for.

Then you don't want succubi you want something else.

It's like changing the recipe for coke to RC cola but keeping the Coke-Cola logo to sell with brand recognition.

A succubus is plenty interesting on its own but you want to take a major defining aspect of what they are (soul stealing demon) and turn them into horned asari.

Protip: you are not making them more interesting just more magical-realmy.

Weren't they just semen stealing demons originally ? I thought that they were used to explain nocturnal emissions.

Well they could bond to one man, but they'd still lust for things their "mate" isn't interested in.

Indeed. Lust personified and which includes everything linked or associated with it.

>I don't like succubus or find them interesting
>I think they are jokes or fantasies
>but I want a race that does what a succubus does, without something essential to civilization and culture as we know it, but still having civilization and culture

I had a plot in my game where a bunch off players discovered a succubi lair / cultist coven and went in swords swinging, at first it was played straight till the cultists were described as screaming and crying and the succubus herself pretty much begged for her life and bribed them to stop killing her people and fucking up her house.

The crux of it was that no demon actually likes being in hell and without a grand power to guide them no demon really has any incentive to cooperate with any other, thus, though she was not a /moral/ (her thing was financial domination and general BDSM, she didn't mind control anybody really) creature she wasn't exactly out to slaughter anyone. Of course players being players were about to put her down when she pointed out that her financial domination over her coven meant that if she died we'd essentially be dooming a bunch of fetishists to poverty, not to mention the fact we killed a bunch of people whose only crime was defending themselves and their reputations

She got off (no pun intended) with a warning, occasionally she was useful as a contact considering her ability to acquire blackmail info.

So you're putting a ton of effort into rewriting a legendary demon for your magical realm. I for one find "demon but not evil" to be instant anathema, but whatever.

What you have proposed is essentially the premise of the Asari from Mass Effect. They, suspiciously like Succubi, use mind influencing powers to secure mates by bending perceptions to appear attractive to everyone, or outright manipulate their thoughts.

As Succubi are also generally magically talented and immortal, I assume if Succubi weren't pure fucking evil (pun intended), their culture would be extremely similar to the Asari who operate on a hierarchy of "magical prowess" and age. Given all the similarities, it might be worth it to read in more detail about Asari and cherry pick what you like.

Technically the whole demon stuff is as old as ancient times and demons were never always evil.

The term demon is actually a term to describe a lesser deity no matter if said deity is good, evil, or neutral.

Most of these demons were neutral and didn't want anything to do with humans. Some were good, and some were evil.

If you want an actual demon that will be evil no matter what, then the proper term would be devil.

And this is the difference between demon and devil. A demon can be evil, but doesn't need or want to. A devil will always be evil.

> *sigh*
Stop that

>*Sigh*
Please don't do that, it makes you look retarded.

My succbi kind of twist that (And do get a little realmy)
Succubi birth incubi, and human women birth succbi after being impregnated by incubi. Unlike you idea, where the succubi witll mess you up, the succbi are actually really gentle, and passionate lovers. No rape, no evil coersion, just NSA amazing sex. Thing is, the incubi they birth are the exact opposite. They join other demons armies to find women to rape. They are ugly as sin (No pun intended) and are absolutely savage to the humans they breed with. After they rape a woman, they come back ~9 months later for the child. If she's already given birth, great, they take the child by force, and unless the woman is now being protected (Which is rare, giving birth to hellspawn usually gets you exiled) they rape her again. If she's still pregnant, they just kill her and remove the baby succubus via c-section. So, given how amazing the sex with succubi is, men who get caught are publicly tortured and executed, because by doing so and creating an incubus, they are potentially dooming multiple women to a horrible fate. Kind of over the top, but had to make the demons evil as fuck and dangerous and still reasonably have men fuck them.

Depends on the setting, mythos and canon.
Those concepts have been stretched in so many directions that you can put almost anything under those banners.
You'd have to be very precise if you want a workable canvas (for example: Demons as seen by Thomas Aquinas)

>I thought that they were used to explain nocturnal emissions
That and sleep apnea. Which is where the whole soul stealing thing came from because they were thought to be choking you while you slept but that later got changed to draining your soul.

Holy fuck kys

This was done for you with Tieflings. They even have the massive charisma you desire.

We literally just had a five day long thread on succubi being used as a genetic repository in case of human extinction.

That was a much better thread than this.

Hmmm. Yer right.

And it's time consuming, but worth it.

This pic always gets me in the daaawness department.

I had an idea about having demons and devils being the "active" and "passive" representations of sins, respectively. i.e. one tempts people to commit the sin, while the other embodies the sin itself. Like succubi would be devils of lust, who would seduce people in order to get them to commit the sin of lust, while incubi would be demons of lust who exist to rape all the things. Similarly, a demon of wrath would be your generic big red not-Khornate fiend who slaughters everything in its path, while a devil of wrath would incite the hatred in peoples hearts and eventually cause them to go berzerk.

Go for the classic, virgin succubus that can't get laid even if her life depends of it.

Lust has been erradicated from the realms, and now the other sin demons are in for the hunt.

Succubus want their position back in the game.

Make being a succubus some sort of X-linked reccesive disorder. (So like colorblindness but without affecting males).

The absolute easiest way to make a compelling succubus is to make them like the ones in Witcher.

They aren't particularly aggressive and hardly malicious, but the young ones can accidentally drain too much life from you while others could get very clingy, to say little of the fact having sex almost every waking moment of your week would make adventuring impossible.

If you have to have an always-female sex monster, can't it be something more original than succubi?

Would succubi be always seeking a husband so they have a steady source of life?

Mhm, but not until they've had a taste of half the cocks in the countryside before settling on which one tasted the best.

Succubi only birth succubi, but are accepted in most societies because they can naturally use magic and are generally much easier to work with than wizards or dragons.

That's not the way traits on the x-chromosome work.

That's how you make a fuckpig. Thanks Google

I make mine Agony-esque. They can't feel positive emotions anymore but they can some what remember them. They try to seduce mortals in the hopes to gain those feelings back but when they fail they just get more and more pissed off.

Is this directed by Michael bay?
Make gluttony the get away driver with one of those vans that have a wizard spray painted on them. The back of the van is just fast food containers.

Somewhere beneath them all, sloth sleeps.