I saw this thread a few minutes ago but doing the math to long enough that the tread 404'dand I was sad because I just...

I saw this thread a few minutes ago but doing the math to long enough that the tread 404'dand I was sad because I just spent 12 min 22 sec on the math so here you go
so 1 guy versus 2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 if your British or 200000000000000000000000000000000 if your American (decillion is a different number depending on where your from)
now the average mass of a worker ant is 1 to 5 mg (depending on species) that means we are talking at least 200000000000000000000000 metric tons of ants and at most 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 metric tons of ants

that is 1x10^51 metric tons of ants
to put that into perspective the moon weighs 7.3×10^19 metric

this is a large planet made of ants vs. a man with a brick

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok.

the hell OP

Uh, okay.

literal autism

holy shit

The brick still wins. What are the ants gonna do, crawl on it to death?

min 22 sec
you fucking timed your self

well ants are pretty strong and with that many they could probably break it down into dust

the ants

This. Its the same as one trillion lions vs the sun, you can't defeat an inanimate object.

or maybe the ant would pull the brick deep down into the heart of the ant planet where it would be crushed by 1x10^51 tons of pressure

Actually the lions win that one, by undergoing gravitational collapse and engulfing the star.

>> 1x10^51 metric tons of ants

I'll admit to being humbled, OP

sence a male lion weighs about 420 pounds that's only 420000000000 pounds which wouldn't even have a noticeable effect on the life cycle of a star like the sun

>> 12 min 22 sec
>> 1x10^51 metric tons of ants
my sides

is that you OP

I feel like this is relevant

what-if.xkcd.com/4/

I feel like this was posted on the wrong board. you are aware this is Veeky Forums

I have been made aware of a mistake.

Peturabo... is that you?

no

i'm actually on the spectrum and this out autism's me

>1 guy vs 200000000000000000000000000000000
The one guy will win, for he is a warrior, and he will bring the rest home.

Digimon is superior to Pokemon

>throw 10 decillion ants at each and every brick of the enemy's stronghold
Acceptable expenses.

>1x10^51 metric tons of ants

The brick still wins, though, you can't kill it because it is not alive. It only needs to wait for the ants to die of old age.

The ants will probably be sucked out into space and die, and if they don't by some miracle then they'll form their own planet of ants and be crushed by their own collective gravity.

We actually need more information. What kind of ants are they? Because different ants aren't as aggressive as others Does the man with brick have a suit so he's not just breathing in ants?

He said trillion, not billion. You're 3 0s short, friendo.

I mean I do have something to beat that. Give me a minute to find it.

What about the ants on the surface, jackass?

A minute and how many seconds?????

Four twentyyyyyyy!!!!
Its like the weed number guys

implying the ants wouldn't die from the gravitational force created by a small planet that's ants all the way down

>Implying the ants wouldn't form a gesalt psychic connection, protecting them from the gravity and vacuum and forming a living planet that must come to terms with it's existence.

Well, sure, most of them would. I think we need to determine the thickness of the shell of ants that aren't under sufficient ant pressure to be crushed from above by their fellows.

Kek

Bah, can't find it. It's the screenshot of Chapter Master with the Planet of the Guardsman.

The man wielding the brick would grow exhausted and be unable to defend himself against the remaining ants.

Even a hypothetical man with unlimited endurance and no food needs might still succumb eventually if the ants manage to surround and crawl all over him. I guess it depends on how deadly the ants' bites are and how aggressive they are.

fuckin hell

What if the man is on copious amounts of cocaine and other stimulants.

>It's the screenshot of Chapter Master with the Planet of the Guardsman.

Ask, and you shall receive.

The standard area of the surface of a brick is 3 x 8 5/8s, the average black garden ant is 3-5mm. How many ants can you fit in that area and how many times can you swing the brick in a minute?

"It doesn't orbit the sun, it's marching around it on patrol"
holy shit, I can't fucking breathe.

Don't know where you are getting one man with a brick. The left side just says a brick. Doesn't say anything about a man.

Both wrong. The lions attack the sun at night.

Why is this so funny?
Is it that shit eating grin?

Wouldn't there come a point where the ants would be killed by the pressure, so they couldn't keep pulling the brick down?

I'm pretty sure the ants will BECOME the surface of the earth, to the point where their mass literally pushes past the atmosphere Olympus Mons style.

>1x10^51
user, the sun is only ~2x10^30 kg

You don't have 2 decillion ants, you have 1 black hole.

Won't the pressure cause the ants near the center combine into one solid mass?

You could even call it... a brick of ants.

Would that count as the brick?
Are the ants fighting their own mass?

I guess there is no winner.

FOR REFERENCE

The largest black hole known to exist is NGC 4889, weighing in at 4.17711 × 10^40 kgs

>The ants are fire ants
>Instead of a black hole, you now have a Ret Ant hole

What a stupid question in OP's pic. I dunno what the fuck a decillion ant is, but if there's just two then I could smash them with a brick easy.

>I dunno what the fuck a decillion ant is,
Ok, user, know how there's a million, billion, trillion, etc?
Decillion is the tenth -illion

>I don't know shit about the subject but I'm going to have an opinion on it anyway

There's slow and there's down right fucking retarded, and then we got these 2

Yeah superior at "not selling" games.

Exactly this. The Ants "win" as they crawl over the brick and it sinks to the rapidly melting core of the ant-planet. Then all the ants die in the vacuum of space.

The ants achieve pyrrhic victory by anihilating both themselves and the brick under their gravity well, see

it would. And the ants would crush before the brick so they wouldn't push it down to crushing point either.

Alright, enough with the pleasantries. We all know what the real debate is.

It's 10^18 if you go with the actual, long system, dear burger.

long scale, matey

So that would be around 10^20 kg of lions. Sun, for the record, weights roughly 2 x 10^30 kg. So trillion lions wouldn't do jack shit to it.

Sword with a gun only has one hand so can't even reload the gun without great difficulty. Gun with a sword not only has two hands, but the gun portion is drastically larger than the gun portion of his opponent while the sword is only slightly smaller so he can do much greater damage at much greater range without really sacrificing close in fighting ability.

Gun with a sword wins.

:^)

Long scale is absolutely retarded and you should kill yourself.

>-illiard

I'll i' ard your mum, cunt

What is the weight of the sun measured in lions though?

The sun has a mass of about 2x10^50 kg
The average black hole has a mass 5-10 times bigger
A supermassive black hole has a mass of hundreds or thousands of solar masses.
Your ants weigh over 1 quintillion times more than the sun.
Your ants form a supermassive black hole the magnitude of which has never been seen before.
The brick is crushed into the singularity at the heart of the black hole and becomes one with the ants.
No clear winner.

>The brick is crushed into a singularity
>No clear winner
This post may be slightly biased.

Sorry, 2x10^30 is 1 solar mass
Fucking phone keypaf

Do note that the mass of the ObsUniverse is about 3*10^55

That Ant-singularity is about 1/30000 of all of creation.

Long scale is the original, logical one. Short scale was most likely accidentally created by some mathematically ignorant buffoon in some backwater burgertown and nobody knew better to correct him.

Also:
>kys
You have to be over 18 to post here, kid.

No it's not.

So, does the man have prep time?

We're accepting the "I was only pretending to be retarded" thing now?

What the fuck happened and is it curable?

Oh yeah, the original sin was done in french and italy by some scientists thanks to some new punctuation scheme in 17th century and later spread to colonies. You learn something new every day.

I'm not sure you guys understand quite how fucked everything is. The radius of the event horizon of the resulting black hole, according to wolfram alpha, is 1.485*10^27 meters.

The observable universe is 8.8*10^26 meters. In diameter.

Older does not mean better and short scale is objectively more logical.

I'm not sure of those formulas apply in this scale.

The ants obviously win. At that point, the planet ant is going to resemble a liquid more than a solid, so you won't have a firm surface to smash the ants on before they engulf you and fill your windpipe, let alone instantly flay you and leave your nougaty skeleton to grow their fungus on. Now, if that one human was doomguy, I'd pick the brick, but an ordinary human can't handle that shit.

>objectively more logical
It's not.

A vacuum event starts at the same time in the center of the ants.
Does this make us more or less fucked?

You're wrong.

Are we really having this argument? Look. Here is long scale:

>| | | |...

And short scale is like

>| | | | |...

In what twisted universe the latter is more "logical"?

I think it would end up getting stuck inside the ant black hole.

Well, that didn't format correctly.

>|------|------|------|
Is the long system

>|------|---|---|
Is the short system.

It's the opposite