Reminder that a system is only as shit as you are as a roleplayer

Reminder that a system is only as shit as you are as a roleplayer.

>Reminder that a movie is only as shit as you are as a watcher

>Reminder that a book is only as shit as you are as a reader

>Reminder that a song is only as shit as you are as a listener

That's wrong dummy.

So, who's up for some FATAL?

>games are passive entertainment

I'm sorry you're retarded.

If I need to fix it, then it's broken.

Sure

>Reminder that a video game is only as shit as you are as a player

Ok. You should play my homebrewed D&D system, which is exactly like normal D&D but whenever anyone rolls a 1, the whole party dies, and you have to roll up a new character.

Remember, it's only a shit a system as you are a roleplayer!

Figuratively wrong

If you can't make a system fun that's all on you. Even a heavily flawed game can be made fun if you aren't a close minded pussy.

Show us your games, then. What have you played? Give us some stories of games that you made fun.

I feel like few people would argue that they can have as much fun with F.A.T.A.L. as they do with their preferred system.

>m-muh fun

Your enjoyment of a thing does not make it good. Furthermore, a system should not be praised for something that the players do, as that is agnostic of the system itself.

user, that's not even creative baiting.

That's stupid baiting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

People responding to him, you should be ashamed too. Maybe if we stop feeding (you)s to lazy baiters, we'll get better shitposting standards.

Actually, that's not possible. Some systems are objectively bad, no matter how much effort you put into it.

Alternatively, instead of wasting your precious lifespan and putting unpaid effort into making the heavily flawed game fun, you could just go play a better game. It's not an accomplishment to have fun in spite of a bad game.

I never thought I'd invoke Oberoni's fallacy.

Anyways, yes, I can make a shit system entertaining, or I can play a good system to begin with and has as much if not more fun with far less work and time spent.
Same reason people don't run marathons in diver suits aside from charities.

>resolving actions by the number of inches you can ram a dragon dildo up your arse is a valid well thought mechanic and if you cannot get fun out of it you are a bad player.

Demonstrably false: there's scores of systems whose shittyness has nothing to do with the players.
The inverse, however, is mostly true: good players will have a good time with allmost any system.
Emphasys on allmost.

>>passive entertainment
No such thing.
Are you the kind of person that insist you can't interact with a painting,

Rules can be inherently flawed. Roleplaying is dependent on the players.

>Board games can't be shit if you can't just pretend you're playing a better game

This is what you sound like right now

I tried interacting with paintings once, but the gallery curators made me leave.

pretty much this. However, a bad system is worse than no system, because it gets in the way of shit. I think people who defend their shitty system by saying "you can still have fun with it with good players" are missing the point. A good system is always preferable to a bad one.

I would say:
bad system & bad players < good system & bad players < bad system & good players < good system & good players

But if we introduce the GM as a third factor, which is better:
bad system, bad players, good GM or good system, good players, bad GM?

Other guy, there are a bunch of ways for a GM to be bad. If it's "run into the dungeon and hit things with sticks forever" bad GMing, then the group+system being good is better. If it's the "FOLLOW MY STORY OR DIE" bad GMing, or similar, then the good GM is preferable.

reminder that OP is a dumb faggot

nah, the GM is outnumbered, which means good players can always have some fun

Yeah. If your getting fucking stomped in a game, your probably not having fun playing That game.

Then go and prove that Racial Holy War can be a good System.

OR
you could play a better game and have more fun for less effort

A good role-player will always make a shit system less shit to the point of being potentially good, but that does mean that shitty systems aren't shit, and that a better system wouldn't be better.

Reminder that a car is as only as shit as you are a driver.

What do you need brakes for anyways, pussy? Just plow into a fire hydrant to stop, it works just as well if you're not a close-minded asshole who thinks cars shouldn't drive on sidewalks.

Just because you can have fun in any system does not mean the system is good. The quality of a system is judged based on other systems. A good system is one that gets close to optimizing potential fun for its players not simply not preventing them from having fun.

Ok, but if there are heavily flawed systems, that means there are non-heavily flawed systems, and in comparison, the heavily flawed systems would be shit. Something can be edible, but still awful compared to other food, and you can enjoy the awful food, but that doesnt make it not awful.

This is often true, OP, and I get you. I've had blast with systems I hate because of a good group or GM. However, there's only so much lemonade you can make out of putrid rotting lemon husks like FATAL and MYFAROG. And what little you could make would not be safe to injest.

Am I enlightened now?

You can make any system fun, but if fun isn't what makes a system good. You can have just as much fun with FATAL as with GURPS with the right mindset, but that doesn't mean FATAL is just as good as GURPS?

And if your skill as a roleplayer is the only thing that matters to you, why use a system at all? You should be doing pure freeform if that's what's important to you.

reminder that a thread is only as shit as the OP

>a system is as fun as you are as a roleplayer.
>a system is only as shit if it is shit.

I too have licked the mona lisa once. *tips dank memes*