Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: How the hell did an outpost simply disappear edition

Everyone on line, we're deploying to check why isn't the outpost answering.
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>slowly whistles in the tank, leaning back happy
>he keeps repeating the kiss scene in his head
>he'd have a smile stretched from ear to ear

>The tankers are pretty happy themselves and whistle along as the Hammerhead is taken down to the planet.

Boss, Victus says he thinks the Eldar did it.

You will reffer to me as commissar, Sergeant.
And I am aware. And thus it is our duty to inspect his suspicions.

Also, you and your men where with inquisitor Wellesley the day the collars were delievered. Grab spares from Cargo. I expect you and your men with them on in less than 2 hours.

>The people will have experienced -another- thing that can make Oddball anything other than chill, as right now he looks.....unpleased.
Afraid we can't do that boss, and she says none of that punishment nonsense. And while you -could- try and force the matter, she'd be...more displeased than I am.
>This is also round about the time that Anya looks alarmed, almost scared.
>Of course, since the Tankers are half way to the planet....ain't a lot he could do if he wanted.

"Collars, you say?"
>Kane looks up with a slight smirk
"I know a thing or two about collars"

>Malak would wipe a bit of sweat and sacred cleansing oil off of his forehead using a cloth, before closing up the electrical panel.
>He'd switch his vox channel over.

Alright Lillik, try now.
>"Understood. Attempting to turn on power.... Now!"
>After a moment's wait, the bases power would turn back on, causing the lights, and better yet, the AC to turn on.
>This however, wouldn't last long. As the power would just as quickly turn off.

>"Ah shit! We had it for a moment there!"

>With a frown, Malak would give the panel a nice, hard whack; and a moment later the power would once again turn back on.

>"Alright! We got it!"
>"Damn straight Lillik! Now I don't have to swim in my own sweat anymore!"
>"Nice one boss!"

Alright, quiet down! Lillik, send a message to the Judgement. Tell 'em we've got everything working now, but that the Garrison is dead.

Mordrim, check the security footage. Maybe the Picts caught something that the Garrison didn't.

Everyone else, stay in alert! No telling if whatever did this is still here or not.

Sergeant like it or not you're with a penal detachment, I can't make special exceptions just because you're friends with an inquisitor and she verbally says so,Have her present a form signed with an exemption for whoever she wants from the collars contingency and I will allow those men the inquisition requests to walk freely, until then I need you to make example as the officer you are and wear them.

+++ Priority message: Level Primaris. +++
+++ Authorization Code: Within The Emperor's Light. +++
+++ To Inquisitorial Strike Crusier: Judgement's Teeth. +++
+++ Power Restored. Garrison HQ Fully Operational. Entirety Of Local Garrison Are KIA. Assailants As Of Yet Unknown. Requesting Additional Forces To Be Deployed. +++

Quiet, trooper... are those marks under your cap?

>he takes the hat off, showing the mark of Slaanesh and bows
"Uhzurkar Kane at your service, sir...what's his name?"

>Unholsters boltpistol.
You wear the marks of chaos.

"And you're wearing a jacket. Can we get off the obvious?"
>he squints his eyes
"Your mask, it looks familiar. lad"

*teleports behind u*

pssh... nothin personnel... kid

>looks at a window with an angry expression
Why does this presence feel so familiar?..

>Your mask, it looks familiar. lad

You could try and take it off... but it would be extremely painful...

For you

>"Message sent, Sir!"
Understood Lillik. I'm heading back to the Command Center now. Keep an eye on things until then.
>"Understood."
>He'd end the message, before making his way towards the command center. Being careful to step over the numerous bodies of Tech-priest Enginseers that cover the floor. Many of which would be missing various limbs and other assorted body parts (both of the flesh, and mechanical variety).

>He signals the stormtroopers to aim their guns at Kane as he aims his.
The judgement under charges of heresy is death.

"Well 'Commissar', like it or not, the Penal Regiment you are with, is far from normal, it reports directly to the Inquisition, and exceptions are the norm, not the rule. In fact, the collars themselves are the exception, rather than the rule, so I'm afraid the answer is still no. Health of my people comes first, both physical and....mental."
"Only example that needs to be made is -you- proving that you -actually- have the welfare of the men in mind. And I'm a Sergeant, not an Oficer."
>The Tank is finally dropped within the Garrison, and moves to guard an entrance.

Sergeant. Where you purpossedly hiding this heretic inside your vehicle?

"Mhm, I'm fullly aware of that. And have ben for ten millenia"
>he crosses his hands
"But, if you'd ask any of the fine folks here, they'll say i repented for my deeds....or at least trying to"
>he raises an eyebrow
"Would you shoot a repented man?"

We weren't hiding him at all?

Familiar? Thought you said you never fought Eldar before?

Never. But I still feel as if I had felt something like this... The thought, the presence, the essence of the minds and souls are strangers to me... But something about it feels familiar, like a forgotten memory. A distant memory.

>"Sir! We've got visitors inside the compound. Hammerhead by the looks of it. Although it carries the colours and banner of Theta Gamma."
Understood. Give 'em the grand welcome ceremony.
>"Understood, Sir. Second squad out..."
>There's no way the regiment had sent back-up yet.... they must have been sent not long after we left.

>A message would come over the Hammerhead's Vox.

>"Tempestor Kellaigo to Tank Commander, Sergeant Oddball. It's nice of you to drop in unannounced. Especially when the compound's Defence turrets are on auto."

"That's why we've got the Tank's transponder set to broadcast an Imperial IFF Tempestor, what's the situation down here?

That's.....odd. Can you remember where the memory might be from?

>A group of five White and gold armoured Scions would appear from a variety of different locations, before forming up near the tank.

>"Local garrison fully KIA. No survivors. The compound is once again powered and is now fully operational, although we're running on back-up generators as of now. No damage to the compound's defences or buildings to report either."

"That sounds about consistent with Eldar....we'll need to scan the surrounding area. Thoroughly.

I actively suppress the memories of others, so it must be mine... It reminds me of home, such as the sector I served in was. But despite serving the Inquisition shortly, I never heard of the Eldar but in their nightmares.

Was this heretic part of your crew or not?!
Silence!
>It's by this point the barrel of the gun is being pressed against Kane's head

>he bites the barrel
"Well? I'm waiting."

>Fires.

That's even stranger, where in the Sector do you think you found them?

He rides in the tank a lot, but he's not a Crewman, no.....and I wouldn't bother wasting the ammo, he doesn't stay dead.
>Anya still looks worried, even knowing that last part.

>his head violently bobs back as he closes his eyes, a large bullet wound appearing on the back of his head, his blood spills across his part of the tank
>he gives a vicious grin and looks the commisar in the eye
"Happy now?"
>his wounds heal...slower than usual...much slower

>Cleans his gun.
And so you simply let him move around because he does not stay dead? In my experience I learnt that if you shoot heretics enough times they decide to stay dead.

Do I have to shoot you again? So be it.
>Aims, fires.

>he keeps grinning, although painfully
"You having fun, sunshine? The standards for commisars seem to be falling each year"

>Grabs him by the collar of the shirt raises him face to face.
You speak of redemption yet you wear the marks of the enemy without care, perhaps I should throw you out an airlock?! Remain silent if you don't want another bullet to the head, and maybe, just maybe I will not shoot you again until someone explains me why haven't you been executed for real.

>Oddball just looks at the Commissar like a man who just saw one of his colleagues jump off a bridge. Which is explained as the top half of Anya appears out of the Commander's hatch to shove the man off the tank, rather forcefully too.
>Anya is snarling as two of the others drag her back inside, Oddball just looks....incredibly smug.
Well 'Commissar', you can't win this one, we have the high ground.
>Literally, as the Tank is floating.

>as soon as the commisar falls to the floor Kane falls down to the floor, bleeding heavily from the wounds, in clear pain
"Fuck...this is going to need getting used to..."

How... dare you?! Protecting a known Heretic is Treason, Sergeant!

I believe I had a similar feeling wherever I went... That's it, this sensation is what was missing. But why do the Eldar, assuming you are correct in this being them, remind me of it?..

>After hearing the gun shots, Malak is rather quick to change course to the base's grounds.
>It takes him a rather short amount of time to reach the surface, his weapon drawn and sweeping the area.
>... until he notices what's actually going on.
>Putting his bolt pistol back into his holster. Malak would make a quick jog over to the group gathered around the Hammerhead, before giving the Commissar a quick salute.

M'lord! I wasn't expecting a Commissar to arrive so quickly. But it's a pleasure to have you join us nonetheless!

Stormtrooper! Arrest these men for treason!

You committed High Treason, excuse us for not exactly holding your accusation in high regard.

Well they're all Psykers....no that can't be it.....maybe one of them was infiltrating?

>he clutches to the floor as his eyes widen in the pain, he screams loudly
>you can see his wounds healing up at the usual speed
>his eyes roll back and he collapses to the floor as the wounds heal
"AGh...ghaah..."

Yeah don't do that Malak, your orders are to train your guns on him until he stops being stupid.

>Anya climbs out the driver's hatch with a Medkit....or rather, a bunch of painkillers.

Infiltration... Possibly. But the sensation never fled me, no matter where I was nor with whom...
Silence! I cannot focus with you screaming.

>he swallows the painkillers in one gulp
"Gahhh...hnnh..fuck me"
>he gets up and holds the walls
"You shouldn't have done that...he'd just hurt me...not you"

High treason?! He's wearing the marks of chaos!

And how dare you?!

>He walks onto the scene, driven by his ex-comissar instinct

"What is going on here?"

>A Leman Russ rolls up
>Jaemis pops out from the hatch

"Alright, who the hell was shooting? I have men who are busy looking out for the enemy, and I am not too kind on assholes with a happy trigger finger stirring them into action."

All of you, arrest the heretic with the marks of the false gods!

>he clears his throat and sighs, facing the fresh comissar

"Permission to speek freely, sir?"

>he gives the man a tired look

>For what feels like an eternity to him, is perhaps a span of 3 seconds in reality, as Malak's mind attempts to rationalize the opposing orders that have been given to him.
>On the one hand, he was being ordered by the Commissar of Theta Gamma to arrest Oddball, Kane, and the others for harbouring a known Heretic.
>On the other hand, he was being ordered to arres the Commissar for Treason against the Emperor and his holy Inquisition.
>Neither order was one he truly wanted to follow.
>Yet he was now forced to make this choice for both himself, and his men.
>Back up his brother of the Adeptus, and arrest known heretics.
>Back up his brothers and sisters of the Inquisition and arrest the Commissar for Treason.
>The choice was his, and his alone.

>He crosses his arms and lets Guerre talk

>"C-Couldn't not do that....h-he shot you on our....t-tank! He pretty much tried to murder you right outside our h-home....."

You attempted to disobey the word of an Inquisitor, twice. You also attempted the murder of a.....what was the word....Redemptionist? Well whatever it is, you did that too.

>Oddball points at Eisen.....the Railgun tracks his finger too.
-He- is going trigger happy is what's happening. Negative waves are off the scale. You'd think he's literally that useless git that leads the Black Legion.

Silence... I am about to remember...

>Otherwise, he'd have said the trooper that it's not the time or to not question him, but Eisen knew better than to reject the word from someone who had been a commissar before. He'd regain his relaxed composture.
Granted.

>he gets out of the tank and stands on top of it
"Want me, sunshine"
>he seems weary
>he spreads his arms
"Here I am...just don't hurt the tankers"

"Sir, please tell me what kind of regiment this is."

>Oddball was going to wonder aloud about the possibilities for that, but now he keeps silent at the Psyker's request.

Penal Regiment, taken from prisons among other things, I know. That is not the question.

The problem here being this heretic not only wears the marks of the gods but also sports their magics! His regeneration being a proof enough of his taint!

>Malak would quickly act. Using a hand gesture to point his men towards Oddball and his Tankers.
>The scions would raise their weapons at the tanker. Their fingers pressing lightly upon their weapons trigger.

Sergeant Oddball. You and your men are under arrest for the crime of harbouring a known Heretic and traitor to the God-Empeor, and his Imperium.

Stand down, and you and your men will be given a fair trial.

>His voice his stern, and stone cold as he speaks. Lacking entirely of emotion.

Resist, and my men and I will put you down like disease ridden animals.

It reminds me... The song. Fleeting, eternal song... For so many years heard I became deaf to it. It was there when I was reborn, it ended when I came here...

>he slides down in front of the tank
>he spits into Malak's face
"You keep those filthy paws of yours off them, glory boy"
>he readies his hands for cuffs

"Son, the penal regiment exists for traitors, criminals, mutants and heretics to gain a chance in redeeming theirselves in the eyes of the emperor, what Kane was is indeed a heretic, but at this moment he is a penal guardsman, fighting in the name of the emperor.

Things are not as black-and-white as the schola says they are."

>he looks at the Tempestors with a look of disapointment and disgust
>his pistol hand twitches, in a wish he is under-ranked to achieve

>Jaemis sighs

"Malak, calm your tits. This is all just a misunderstanding. Let Guerre explain."

>He wouldn't flinch at the spit upon his helmet.
>He would however frown at the choice he has been forced to make. Although he would not let it show in his voice.

If you do not comply. I will proceed to have the compound's automated defence systems tear you and your tank apart Sergeant. This is your only warning. Please accept it.

I want a collar on him, at all times.

>he looks at him one more time
"I recognize you now..."
>he moves closer
"I'll take a wild bet and say you're Kerg's boy"
>he smiles
"Yes, Kerg's boy...what trash his son is"

>Jaemis sighs

"Alright, everyone calm down. Noone has to go to trial anymore. Commissar made his choice."

Everyone dismissed.

>He walks away ignoring the comment... or did he?

>Oddball still looks angry, but mostly disappointed.
I actually thought there was a chance for you to redeem yourself, we all did....well....maybe not Anya. But so be it, we'll wait for the Inquisitor to return, and then you'll see what happens if you disobey the Orders of an Inquisitor.
We'll play along with your insanity, but just remember boys.....
>He looks at -all- the Stormies there.
.....it's not us that'll be trapped here with you, it's you that are trapped here with us.
>The weapons on the Hammerhead, previously flicking between various targets, return to forward positions and shut off.

>Guerre nods
"I shall see to it, sir."
>salutes

>he looks at his back with a flickering in his eyes
>should he?
>his hand reaches for something in his pocket
>he thinks for a second, but stops and sighs
>Anya could get hurt. He can't allow that
>he moves the hand away
>he turns to Malak
"Right glory boy, you taking me away or what?"

>The Sergeant's words sting like an open wound. But as unfortunate as it is, the decision was made, and it was too late to go back on it.

Stormtrooper Ordenius, take... trooper Kane to get his collar on, then when that's done you're free to do whathever.

"Right, that's over. Later."

>He goes back into the tank as the Leman Russ drives away

>he collars the man and pats his back, trusting Kane will not fail him

>Gives Malak a good long stare which translates to "And you are supposed to be the best that the guard can offer?"
>he looks away

>Looks at them leave
... What did I miss?

Whole lot of stupid on the part of our 'superiors'. Man....this shit never would have happened when Leon was the Commissar.
>The other Tankers nod at that, especially Anya, who switches between staring at Kane with sadness and looking at Malak like -she- wants to be the one to execute him if it comes to that.

Understood M'lord.

>He'd take a collar before placeing, and locking it onto the heretics neck.

>He'd ignore the look he was being given. Although it would still sting ever so slightly slightly.

>At his office, on complete privacy, the young commissar would take his gasmask off, to fill a glass with rum and take a drink to consider how much insane is this regiment going to make him become...

>There would be a chime from the door. Someone requesting entry.

>He'd place his mask back on, it's disrespectful to not do so back home.

>He'd then open the door.

Hmm... Some things are stated in fate. Some decisions are necessary to be made, no matter how painful. Sometimes we cannot control the outcome regardless of what we want.

That's a wise way to look at it, not sure that Wellesley will see it that way, but....doesn't make it any less wise.
>The Tankers are hauling crates of what appears to be....rather expensive food and drink from the tank, and sit around the portable stove they set up as if they were....on holiday.
>They carry no guns, but they're also right next to the tank too.
You're welcome to join us if you want.

It's been done, M'lord. I've also brought you the base's security recordings as well.

Thank you stormtrooper...
>He sighs.
How did father deal with this much levels of Heresy and go under the radar?

Honestly.... he didn't. Atleast not well anyway.

I see.

That man from earlier... Kane... he thinks he knew my father... for how long was he with this regiment?

It's... hard for me to remember exact dates and details like that, M'lord. Most of it still being locked away via Hypnosis. But from what I've read in the reports, he showed up about a month before your father passed away.

>He puts his hand over his forehead.
>Both his cup and the rum bottle are on the table.

One month. One month and he already thinks he knew that man.

He played you all.

No, no. It is better I keep distance. Now, what were the words of the song...
>slowly walks outside, humming a strange, outlandish song that lasts for mere few seconds

>The Tankers look at him as he walks away.
Good luck with remembering where you know the feeling from.
>They put some meat in a skillet.

>Lands her Orca on the base.

>Oddball waves Vic over, Anya just waves for now.
Hey Vic! Get over here, come 'have a holiday' with us!

>Waves back and walks to them. Still wearing her helmet.

>The six of them are just sitting around the stove waiting for the meat to fry.
So how was your day?