After lurking here for a few months now, i've decided that i love this board

After lurking here for a few months now, i've decided that i love this board.
The fact that no matter the game, the board game or the pen and paper game theres someone that loves it.
The fact that new people post in /wip/ threads and people don't shit on them and actively encourage them to continue.
And even the fact that your shit posting and memes are good and you're even friendly with other boards.
I love all you Fa/tg/uys and girls

Dubs of truth. Thanks man. We love people like you who encourage us to do better, and remind us that we're not complete assholes. Veeky Forums is pretty amazing when you think about it, when you consider how relatively decent it is for being a Veeky Forums board. Good luck to you in all your endeavors.

Is this what bards are like?

Self-adulation thread?

Nope. Mr Rogers.
Veeky Forums appreciation thread.

Stay classy, gents.

Honestly I wouldn't be into the tabletop hobby without Veeky Forums and real life friends getting me out of my comfort zone and interacting with people.

I fucking love you guys.

What I like about Veeky Forums is that when you post a homebrew, idea, question, or opinion, the content of your post, for good or ill, is all that matters (unless you're a stupid name/tripfag).
Most gaming forums have shitty cults of personality where reputation, join dates, and post counts matter more than anything you have to say. You get wannabe "alpha nerds" who come into a thread and post a one sentence reply and think their post count is all the backing they need, and if someone tries to argue with them, even if the wannabe alpha nerd is objectively wrong, enjoy your ban as they're a mod favorite.

You don't get much petty personality politics on Veeky Forums unless you're a shitty tripfag, only your content matters, and that's what I like about it.

1: They're called ca/tg/irls.
2: You must lurk for at least a year before posting.
3: Loving us is mandatory, citizen.

And I love you, user.

You're all insufferable and I love you. Let's make bathroom mentalists in M&M again, someday!

This. Veeky Forums is the only place I feel like it's possible to discuss games objectively. Like you said there is the issue of "alpha nerds" but on official forums you tend to get people all jerking off the devs or just being blinded to all other opinions by whatever their favourite game is. Veeky Forums is so much more cosmopolitan than other gaming forums.

We're nerds who play games based on cooperation that require community to be playable and successful so I think that really helps as well.

I'm barely into my first year of browsing, gotta agree.

Hope this reply finds you well, user. Keep on kicking' it.

Been here since day 1
Veeky Forums is a board that gets shit done and judges on the merit of the quality.
Pay it forward and we shall go forth and multiply

>possible to discuss games objectively
Now if only Veeky Forums could actually do that.

They do, just turns out not everyone agrees with you.

Hey, aside from a few shitposters as a whole we're not all that bad.

Lurking Veeky Forums was the final push I needed to get into ttrpg's.
3 years later and I have tons of memories I share with my closest friends of us getting together to play pretend for hours on end.
Thank the gods for Veeky Forums

I've been hanging around on this board lurking for years for the reasons you posted. I'm probably never going to play a proper TRPG but I just really like it here.

If you ever change your mind about gaming, we're working on a new weekly thread that provides extended resources for members of Veeky Forums to get into traditional gaming, besides rpgs. We've got a number of hopeful projects in the works, including forming a Veeky Forums MUD guild, starting numerous MTG pickup games over Cockatrice and Xmage(maybe even a tourney), and also working with the Blood Bowl General to recruit new players for their league.

Thank's for the invite I'll definitely check it out! I'm actually reading the D&D 5E players handbook for fun right now.

Thanks user, we love you too

Almost two years here, and my only regret is not posting here sooner.
>Better anime discussion than /a/
>Better political discussion than /pol/
>Better historical/religion discussion than Veeky Forums
Even the shitposts feel more like funposts. Only the moderation feels a bit partial in my opinion

>Not liking caws
What a faggot.

>Even the shitposts feel more like funposts

The thing about our trolls is they generally pick topics that create contentious debate, and a good number of people will take that debate and run with it straight-facedly and unashamedly. To this day, even an elf slave what do thread may generate anything from a new chess variant based on respawning pawns to simulate longevity, to a new setting based on hereditary ruling classes of elf slaves.

What is this? Inspiration for ants?

He was just startled, user.

Geez not every expression that isn't marshmallow lovey-dovey means utter disgust!

>tfw no Cawfu with which to cuddle on cold nights this holiday season.

Corvids are criminally under appreciated.

Where is this happening/being planned? Cockatrice vs anons sounds better than cockatrice vs randoms in the server

>Veeky Forums thread
>no one posted this yet
I'm disapointed.

>mostly lurk Veeky Forums
>only game i play is AoS and i literally started this week
>still a comfy board to lurk

>>only game i play is AoS and i literally started this week

Good for you. What army/faction do you play as? Who are your dudes?

Who is this and why isn't she my waifu?

The current thread can be found here, It's currently mostly jumbled discussion, various types of Get Shit Done, etc. I'm hoping by Wednesday or Thursday to have a new thread up, this time with more compiled resources. And more coherence.

Also I am looking for someone to test my RG Commander deck with.

Aka: The Unidan Problem.

I always thought that was a joke but once I started getting out of 40k threads a few years ago i learned its true

I love you too user.
We're fortunate enough to have a mature board, since TT RPG or games demand more investment that say, movies or video games.
Obviously there's the problem of people not playing and still complaining, but it's still my main board and I love it.

>Obviously there's the problem of people not playing
They're just roleplaying roleplayers on the roleplaying board.

You opened my mind.

Stay excellent, user.

Source? I've seen plenty of versions of that pic but never saw the original.

Unfortunately, in he original, she is talking about doing lewd things, rather than using a kick or counterspell.

You wouldn't be interested.

[Yuuki Ray] Love Tsun Letter | Love/Hate Letter (COMIC Masyo 2014-11)

I've been here about seven years now, and I still fucking hate circlejerk threads.

>50440522
Some people wonder why I browse Veeky Forums, dubs. The reason would be threads like this. Even if there are piles upon piles of worthless content, there are a few mounds of pure gold that are worth a little digging.

is that you, user?

And here I was, hoping for her to pull out the sword from the Rock, and put it in her Lake.

Thanks man.

Dude. Don't. You know it's probably not, and even if it is, there's no way you can compliment a grill on Veeky Forums without it being creepy. We're a bunch of happy Neckbeards with a couple ca/tg/irls thrown in, and we honestly don't care about who or what you are(unless it makes for a good screencap) Only what you have to bring to the board.

I've always thought boards were more a social group than a topic. Veeky Forums isn't a place for traditional games, it's a place for people who are interested in traditional games.

but, I am desperate

Sign up for OkCupid, Tinder and POF then. It's how I met the current Girl(s) I'm dating.

>
>Only what you have to bring to the board.

Best response for the best board

I throught every one of us was a cute girl who's into lewd things like handholding.

I love you too, user