>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Development_Abilities
danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Terminology
pastebin.com/winesZmi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But OP, I *do* have a cat.

What would happen if I used Merging+Aspect Manifestation on a Supernatural angel like Zachariah? Assuming it would even work (which I'm doubtful of for several reasons), would it get the rest of Heaven gunning for my ass? I know God himself probably wouldn't care, given his abandonment and the fact he doesn't mind our deuteragonists (who have killed several angels a piece and aren't exactly moral paragons themselves), but I assume that the rest of the Host would start looking for me. Whether they could find me is another matter entirely, but that's beside the point.

>Cat
I never leave home without mine. Though sometimes I don't leave home because of mine.

On the topic of animals, Jumpers! What are your pets? What are peoples reactions when they first encounter your 'pet'?

I don't know if you really wanna know about my cat...

Are there any skills that let you call down a meteor and only affect your enemies? Magical or otherwise.

Fashion Model has a clothing line following you. Overlord has an inn. But is there a generic ship option?

*Shop

fuck

Uncharted Waters, even has an Import option.

I keep a whole podpack of these things.

Oh I'm this dude and I'd say Terreria has some of merchants follow you around. That whatcha lookin for?

I lacked the foresight to buy a pod when I set up my Warehouse. Is there anything else with that functionality? I need one for my plan to dump one of Perfect Lionheart's SIs into Sonichu.

Look for jumps with marketing or alchemy themes, those generally have things like that. Think monopoly might have one.

I have a giant derpy bird-pupper, a humanoid shark the size of an office block, and a piranhaconda.
Reactions are...not so positive.

Blue feather them? But, ew.

Got bad news for you user, the Blue Feather requires you to marry your intended companion.

Wasn't it just like five or six threads ago that someone harassed Gaunlet about that? Now here it's being exploited openly. Is the thread against it or not? This is a serious question, I'm getting mixed vibes here.

I have a crow named Faust. People find it a little odd but only freak out when he transforms into a monster, starts talking, or steals their jewelry. We are working on that last thing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that different people have different opinions on the thing, with obvious positive bias on the part of any and all waifufags. Which probably comes of the fact Harvest Moon was never actually finished as a jump before someone made the pastebin into a PDF and it got uploaded.

It was the early days. We were still trying to figure out what was what.

I missed that, user. Personally I don't see a problem with Blue Feather, so long as the jumper actually is in romantic love (qv "special someone"). Thus my "Bad news, user" was sarcastic - it shouldn't work for him if he's just doing it for the lulz.

So is Madness Combat jump finished, WiP, accepting feedback or what

>different people have different opinions on the thing, with obvious positive bias on the part of any and all waifufags.
Ah okay then.
I mean there is also the marriage licences or something from Kantai.
So, why'd they hassle the newbie jump maker so much? I'd love to think that people aren't targeting the guy but that's how it sounds when you look at like the last twenty threads or so. He got flak for a mult-companion option and then someone did the same thing in Creepypasta. It's just weird. Just caught up with threads in the archive so this stuff is fresh on my mind.

Kantai doesn't do that, people just seem to think it does.

Anyway, just because something is on the drive doesn't mean most people appreciate it being on but once it is on it can't be taken off. PS238 let's you flat out buy martial arts from other jumps if you want. Try putting that in any new jump? You'd get little to zero support. Just because there's precedence doesn't mean anyone or even just most people want to see it again.

I don't know exactly what that was about, re: Gaunlet.
If they were giving him shit about putting a similar option in his jump (the special ring), it might just be because they consider the blue feather to be a bad design choice to emulate, and they might have been trying to stop another mistake being made.

Kind of a "This is a thing that exists and we can't do much about it, but at least we won't let other people make that kind of mistake again".

Pretty sure it's still in WIP accepting feedback, the last version I saw wasn't done.

Personally, I use a custom rule for my chains (aka fanwank) and remove pods. I think they are a poorly designed mechanic, an artifact left over from the early days of Jumpchain.

Instead, I rule that as long as I can convince someone to come with me of their own free will (aka no brainwashing, no blackmail, no threats, no perk use), they are granted a basic form of companionship by my Benefactor which grants them a one-time free resurrection every 5 jumps. Beyond that, they are dead unless I intervene and use various magics or items.

I only grant companions purchased with CP or drawbacks and Blue Feather companions as having unlimited rez.

no it doesn't, I fixed that.

So you cheat because you can't handle limits. Just don't talk about it next time okay?

Man, Avengers Earth's Mightest Heroes is such a CP vampire. I had to go and get 1000pts of drawbacks.

He technically removed it but did it in a way he can still use it to get basically any supernatural martial art anyway, since he made sure to not leave limits on.

Also jesus christ I forgot how horrendous this jump looked. Did he even use spell check on it or was it just puked out?

... reading comprehension fail, user. His version is actually weaker.

>Kantai doesn't do that, people just seem to think it does.
What does it do then? I mean its a marriage license that makes the person you marry a companion right? That's just how I've heard it described, and it may be coloring how I'm reading it.

Okay. Quick question to stop my confusion are you talking about Kantai or Creepypasta? I don't really know which one you did.

I see so it's less hate on the new jump maker and more that she/he was using hated content. But that doesn't answer why the whole Creepypasta flew by and not a single comment.

actually it's Specifies nothing more than what you see in something like kung fu hustle. And it is being worked on.
neither I'm talking about your complaint about PS238,I try to update my jumps to blend into current standards rather than letting them be used as Precedents

Says the guy who missed the bit where he has unlimited pods to anyone he can convince to come with him. Idiot.

user, where in Kantai does it mention anything about companioning people? That seems like something it'd be pretty explicit on, especially given the guy who made it.

I personally assumed it was just a joke item based on the marriage stuff in game, which was why it was like 10000CP to buy it.

At the cost of them being a lot more susceptible to mortality.

When did Gauntlet get flak for a multi companion thing? Wasn't that Worm? I'm pretty sure, from what I remember, that it was less on it being a multi companion option and more how it handled importing them.

They've still got a one up user, one that regens every once in a while. Pretty tiny cost given how rarely companions die without it being purposeful on the jumper's part.

I'm not seeing any option in Creepypasta that supersedes the normal companion rules. Could you compare the two?

Companion rules are pretty dumb.

It's somewhat meta: only Admirals can get it as they are the designated waifu magnet.

That was another guy but thanks for the clarification.

Well I know you get one for free or like 500 if you're an fleet commander... Just looked it up. Yeah it doesn't do what people seem to think it does. It's some kinda booster of sorts with the power of love. Neat but not what I was led to believe.

It was a while back and he got flack over the fact that his companion option the one about ten braves or something like that had an import option, perfectly reasonable thing to argue against in my opinion, and the fact that it was a multi-companion where you could either spread a perk out or focus it on one of the group. Creepypasta has Cult which is a multi-Companion, ten or so I think, which allows you to either spread out the perks they get or 'play favorites' is how it's worded I believe.
Again I'm bringing it up because it fresh on my mind and I'm honestly confused.

What kind of perks are there scattered around that improve one's ability to learn things? Stuff like the one from Zero no Tsukaima, which doubles learning speed.

I was thinking a shop that immediately exists under your control as the jump starts. Animal Crossing is great, but makes paperwork a problem.

Candy Shop from Kung Fu Hustle?

Can companions in Arrowverse take speedster? Or is there a cp limit when it says any metahuman perk?

Also, what'd you get in EMH? I ended up taking a bunch of stuff to. R&D company is probably my favorite business.

Might be because you can't import an existing companion into a Creepypasta Cult.
As in, if you had 8 waifus, you couldn't condense those 8 into a single slot via Cult.

Whereas if that ten braves thing let you import multiple existing companions into a single slot, that might be where the issue lay.

That was probably it then, I can definitely see the issues in making a multi companion out of single companions you had before.

Does anyone remember what the stats in Danmachi translated to in actual levels of strength? I remember hearing something about a certain number of ranks being equal to a certain number of times better then peak human?

Agreed. I personally use an alternate rule that lets me invite along as many people as I want, but if they die, they go home the same way I would if I died.

Only 1,000?

Animal Crossing IIRC and you can get a department store in Mad Men.

Yeah Companions can take Speedster & here's my EMH build

>AVENGERS EMHBACKGROUND
-Scientist

>SPECIES
Asgardian (400cp)

>SKILLS/PERKS
-The Adjective Jumper
-Scientist Supreme
-Form & Function (350cp)
-Smartest Man In The World (250cp)
-Pym Protégé (-50cp)
-Nine Realms Craftsman (-350cp)

>POWERS
-Mighty

>ITEMS/GEAR
-Import (-400cp)
+Unhackable (-500cp)
+GiANT-Sized
+Uru (-650cp)
-Money (-700cp)

>COMPANIONS
-Import (-1000cp)

>DRAWBACKS
-Sentinel Mark Jumper (700cp)
-Super Heroic (400cp)
-Superior Foes (200cp)
-Civil War (100cp)
-Caught In Crossfire (0cp)

1k is the cap unless you decide to be suicidal and go with "Last Avenger".

Here you go:
danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Development_Abilities
danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Terminology (Look up Basic Abilities for a better understanding of the ranking system)

This should work out for ya.

There's all kinds. The gold standard is Worm, because the gold standard is always Worm, but there's some other useful powers you can't easily duplicate so you might pass on that one.

Anyway, they're all mostly the same, but there's also a few unusual ones. Secret of Evermore gives you a perk that lets you grind skills by doing the same thing over and over again, which is boring but extremely effective. Naruto has Shadow Clones, which are basically a training hive mind, and has a perk that makes you genuinely enjoy training. Order of the Stick has a perk for encountering level-appropriate enemies, so you'll have challenges to deal with. I'm sure there are others, but that's what's coming to mind this early.

It's not suicidal, just really hard. If you stack it carelessly with other drawbacks it could become impossibly tough.

Yeaaah, not really got what I was looking for. Got loads of info on the system, not really any on what any of the numbers really translate to, something I remember coming up in these threads.

>Gold standard is Worm
I feel everyone constantly forgets that that power severely drops in speed once you get to a certain level of skill in a particular thing. Naruto's training perk plus shadow clones are way better in the long run, especially if you're training something that increases chakra and/or chakra control, since that'll also increase the speed at which you train because you can make more clones

Mega Man Zero has Born Scientist which makes you a child prodigy in terms of learning ability. Fallout has Educated which gives a more general boost in learning ability.

Between ten years of exposure to Beast Boy in Teen Titans and numerous failed attempts to befriend my own flying bison in Avatar, I more or less gave up on pets. That said, I do plan to pick up a Pseudodragon when I make it to Forgotten Realms. Or ten. I do like the sound of having my own clutch of Dragon pets.

Pern Jump when?

"It'll be an Experience" from Tales of Phantasia

who's this?

Again on this topic, non-sapient pets count as companions? How can I take a tamed beast from a world to another without a pod?

Aside from Overlord, what other Jumps I can use to craft custom companions with a moderate power-level and high loyalty?

Most people will say that any jump that allows you to buy in universe companions does that. I can't think of one outside of Overlord that lets you get that granular and freeform build to a high degree, but the options are scattered around the chain.

Leonmichelle from Dog Days.

Hmm. Pole of Void sounds good, yeah. I've got a lot of Void-y energies coursing through me, so they can all go pool there.

And for my last element, I'll go with a Pole of Song. It runs supercomputers, it manipulates mass and energy, it shapes reality itself like nobody's business-it'll be super worth it.

And yeah, Cuendillar's pretty stable given it was used as the keystones of the dimensional anchor for the Dark One. Who is the source of extra-strength Balefire. For hundreds of years-maybe more than a thousand, I don't remember.

In a setting where there are only two gods, both of which are ill-defined but whose scope is described in terms of total multiversal paradigm shift.

Probably something to do with the whole "absorbs incoming force to become stronger".

So there we have it. Cuendillar! Dreams! Song! Void! Soulfire! The other one!

By my own elements combined I am...CAPTAIN GARLOCK!

Five golden Lavosi, four arcane horses, three kitsune-things, two mini-zergs and a giant spider in a pear tree.

>What are peoples reactions

Screaming.

Eating other angels is the kind of thing that tends to make the other angels super paranoid and gun for you, yes.

I mean, the only other beings on the show I remember doing that are the Leviathans (theoretically Lovecraftian blobs of primordial goo, and the first beasts who predate angels) and the Darkness (God's onee-san)

>Eating other angels is the kind of thing that tends to make the other angels super hot.
FTFY

i have the dragon from lol as my pet

Whats that perk from EVO that gives you multiple bodies? Could I use that to have multiple devil fruits? Probably not use multiple, but switching between them should work, IIRC.

And baron as a companion?

Don't quote me on that but IIRC every 100 points is equal to a 1X boost from the 'standard' ability level for a baseline being.

So a level 1 that has C rank (between 600 and 699) would a 6X to nearly 7X boost in whatever stat is concerned.

Drawbacks: Arsonist, Constant Scandal, “What’s going on with your head?”, THOSE TENTACLES! (1800)

Drop-In, age 18

“Master the Guitar in One Millisecond Class!” (Free)
“What are you doing?!” (1700)
Wildly Strong (1500)
Guitar Summoning (1200)
Epic Soundtrack (Free)
Bunny Suit (Free)
Sunglow Yellow Piaggio Vespa SS 180 (1100)
Left-Handed Rickenbacker Bass Guitar model 4001 (950)
Scandalous Towel (900)
Gibson EB-0, 1961 Model (600)
N.O. Utilization (0)

I keep setting the paparazzi on fire the same way the cool kids smoke crack and the non-cool kids have existential breakdowns. It's a bad habit. But all these paparazzi keep getting all up in my face, acting all flammable and shit. It's a hard habit to kick.

Also, I seem to have come down with a bad case of Planets. Hang on-I think I've come across "N.O. Utilisation" before, in The Mighty Boosh! No idea how a bunch of stoned Brit musicians crudely discovered it, though.

...anyway.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure this is all about growing up and why it sucks, but not as badly as not growing up. I'm also pretty sure Haruko is an amoral thief feigning whackiness to justify a nomadic lifestyle.

...note to self, run covert tests for signs of dimensional travel on her.

Ahem. The point being-I'm not sure if fusing these guitars together with my own guitar is symbolic of my acceptance that youth should be about accepting the good and the bad and trying to make the best of it, a sign of insecurity or just plain escapism.

But either way, I think I'll just hang out with Naota and start a garage band as my own statement about what growing up means.

Namely, that sometimes all your friends are losers and the best choice you can make is to find better ones.

Wouldn't it just be Lavoi?

>The Mighty Boosh!
Huh Wukong maked a Jump for that or is my Google Fu no good?

He did, yeah

Well, I have that level 100 dragon mount from Overlord. Fantasy worlds are usually really impressed, and non-fantasy worlds tend to freak out a bit.

Does anyone have the latest version of JLD?

But user, dragons are for waifuing

Kill All Dragons 2081

Speaking of dragons and killing do we have a Legend of the Dragoon Jump yet? Cause Dragon Buster would be sweet as fuck!

Can you just make up whatever you want for that mount? If you wanted a ghost rider hart, could you?

And the band's name will be Nirvana?

Really more of a dragons layer than a dragonslayer, sempai

No, go for it.

Captain Hurlock: The Flannel Edition

And why would you say that? You implying this get-rich/popular/NO'd up to the eyeballs-quick scheme of mine smells like teen spirit?

Actually I was gonna call is Samsara unless Naota comes up with a cooler name

...which sounds even more like an alternative rock band from the '80s, somehow

>Legend of the Dragoon
holy fucking shit you just rustled my memberberries, I had completely forgot about that awesome game.

Right, someone mentioned me and Xenoblade X?

Long story short, I'm stuck. Stuck stuck. It sucks.

I'm honestly considering scrapping all the racials and stuff, and just making a human centric one. Apparently my make-stuff-up-fu isn't good enough to do all the aliens with next to no lore for me to extrapolate from.

Anyways... Here's the origin perks, bar one that I don't have yet.

But aliens are the bee's knees. Why not cut aliens back to one perk?

I don't quite remember when I started, but so far, the dreaded spooky voodoo curse around Metroid has yet to kill me. Here's what I've got so far.

pastebin.com/winesZmi

Perks are nearly done, I just need two 400s and two 600s for the Not!Samus origin. Was considering making a capstone where archenemies suffer from load bearing boss logic (their organization or infrastructure would collapse or be heavily damaged upon you beating their faces in), but it was argued to be a little too much for a Samus perk. I'm looking for suggestions on the last few for the origin.

Something I haven't typed up yet is Chozo-Human Physiology for the Another origin, mostly since I'm not fully sure of the physical capabilities Samus got aside from a Captain America boost. But that will definitely be in there.

Side note, when I get to power armor (free with different bases for all origins), what should the one for Drop-In be?

>On the topic of animals, Jumpers! What are your pets? What are peoples reactions when they first encounter your 'pet'?

My pets are people. Either cute catgirls and such or people who who have been tained to act like catgirls. My favorite pet is a kitsune I accquired during one of my jumps.

Most people are extremely disturbed by my pets.

Oh, one more thing. A capstone item or perk I had an idea for in Another is that the Chozo (somehow) left items scattered around both this galaxy and future jumps for you to collect, that will be useful to moving past context-sensitive obstacles you run into, and are marginally useful after said obstacle is overcome.

Would probably need a bit of clarity, but I think it would be something folks would have fun with. What do you all think?

Could anyone post JLD jump ??

Explain further.

Why was the load bearing boss capstone too much? It fits samus really well, considering how often shit blows up. Aside from crazy good combat and exploration, its one of her more noticeable traits.

Sure, although that more fits as an item instead of a perk.

Infernals, when it's done.

Akuma are very customizable, and even more loyal. You're okay with a little mindrape, right?

This is the latest pdf I know of. From turkey day, I think?

A perk for Another that allows you to keep looking human, despite being a horrible genetic hybrid abomination underneath?

Well... do the Luminoth have enough in the way of pure combat stuff to base the armor on them? It's the only thing coming to mind, besides some of the usual villain power dealio Drop-In gets some times (Warrior Ing suit? Fusion/Metroid suit? Phazon suit? You get the idea).

Unless you're talking like, stats or something, instead of technology. I reckon Another would have Yes in that case, while Space Pirates would have speed. Then Drop-In could just have whatever the Feds don't get.