Latest News

>Latest News
Druid UA is out! dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/druid-circles-and-wild-shape
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's clerics.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Last thread
Have you run any 5e games that don't take place in Forgotten Realms / Faerun?

Title the thread if you're gonna start a new one desu

Why is it no one can title threads?

How do we fix this.

Release untested UA posts and outsource threadmaking to other studios.

>Anonymous
>Not /5eg/
You had one job OP, one fucking job

>Have you run any 5e games that don't take place in Forgotten Realms / Faerun?
Most of the time my DM take inspiration (copy-paste) Faerun in his own World, so we only play FR, but in the same time we don't

Can some kind user post an updated character options pdf that has all options and what books / UA they are in?

Druids probably have sex with endangered species to keep the ecosystem in balance.

Maybe this is why druid adventurers leave the circle. They're the guys who don't want to have sex with panda bears.

I have run 2 eberron games. Freakin' love eberron setting.

Or they want access to a wider variety of animal sexual partners as an adventurer.

Maintaining biodiversity is a sacred responsibility. Also most animals are unaligned so having consensual sex for procreation purposes with them isn't immoral.

can you not try to start this shit again this thread? find someone else to talk about your fetishes with, you're a shame to the hobby.

Has anyone ever done a Sword & Planet style setting in D&D? (Not like, in the history of TTRPG, but what is /5eg/ experience with bringing something like that to 5e, or does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do that?)

Running a campaign that is set on the elemental donut. Take the elemental planes map from DMG p 52, and erase Shadowfell, Material, and Feywild. Wrap the remaining map in a donut, put it in the habitable zone of a sun. Ignore any crazy shenanigans involving gravity, weather bands, and day-night cycles.

The PCs are in one of the calmer sections of The Plane of Water, doing a political game on an island.

Anyone ever mess around with a Deck of Many Things before? Any tales?

Exactly. Though there are probably some evil druids who try to manipulate nature by practicing eugenics with their animals. It is up to all good druids to fuck as many animals as possible to prevent the evil druids from disrupting the natural course of things too much.

You are absolutely an idiot.

There's nothing that prevents a dumb wizard or a weak fighter from being believable.

Common sense does

One of my players drew a card and got sucked into the shadow realm, where it was revealed that millions of versions of themselves across the multiverse were sustaining a slave based economy in the shadow realm by tricking millions of versions of the same box across the multiverse into drawing cards from the deck of many things.

Do not bring this to this thread.

Thank god, I wanted to keep arguing about this but I didn't want to be the one to bring it from the previous thread.

Box=NPC. Fucking autocorrect on this phone.

Whelp, the autists broke containment. Thread is fucked.

My party meet this powerful evil trickster, and it got to a point where we were making a deal with them. At some point he pulled out a deck of cards and the table got much more serious. I was out of character almost shouting that I didn't want to have any part in this, but the jester started pulling cards and throwing them at us. The Trickster cleric gained like 5 levels, I the fighter gained property controlled by a monster in some land, the 7 intelligence gunslinger lost 3 more intelligence, but the light cleric got the void card, and the jester actually turned back time and took all the benefits and detriments from us.

Kind of a cop out but the campaign would have been ruined after that.

Asking here again how good of an idea it is to multiclass Bladesinger with Swashbucker. Character would of course be more melee heavy with Bladesong but still has a few ranged options.

They defenitely have some nice synergies.

Any good homebrew of the dragonfire adept class from 3.5? I really liked this class

>underdogs are unacceptable

>They defenitely have some nice synergies.
Such as?

Was it a skeleton jester?

You can't force people to draw cards from the deck. Tell your DM to read the rules.

You can't just throw a card at someone else and have them be affected by it. The card affects the one who draws it, no exceptions.

It was, now that I remember it. Told us all the info of who to fight, we swore a personal vendetta against him, or one of us did, and parted ways

Swashbuckler with Booming Blade is always nice. Bladesong gives you mobility and AC while you can give yourself or others some nice buffs without having to worry about losing concentration too much. Shield and Absorb Elements can be really nice too, but would kinda conflict with uncanny dodge.

Found the stats.

It is from Necromancer Games: Fifth Edition Foes, It is in the MegaSync Trove.

It was fun and exciting , so it didn't really matter

Dragon sorcerer. Boom, done.

>It was fun and exciting , so it didn't really matter

What 50% of /5eg/, 75% of neckbeards, and 100% of grognards will never understand.

Just stop

Where does that say it can transfer the effect of the DoMT to someone else? Did I miss something?

Yeah it was this but he was suped up and labeled as one of 5 BBEG lieutenants, an attack roll of 25 missed the target, so my DM has something horrifying we have to fight in the future.

I get that, but doing a reset on it would take all the excitement out if it for me.

Sorcerer is not even similar to DFA, if it's for reskin I would use warlock or rogue

Ranged Attack: Jester's Deck

Suggestions for encounters involving an ambush via Kenku assassins for 10th level players (Sorc, AT, Lore bard, fighter, barb)?

Well shit, there it is. Didn't expect it to be an attack rather than a special trait.

thats actually cool as fuck and i actually like the cop out to be honest
that sounds like a fun as fuck encounter and im shamelessly stealing it

Oh forgive me, it wasn't a Void card it was a Fates card, so instead the light cleric could have said the plot hook never happened, the end.

It's the closest thing. DFAs are all about getting dragon-themed spell-like abilities. Dragon scales, breathing fire, etc. Dragon everything. There's a subclass in 5e that's dragon everything. Take it or leave it.

That sounds like an interesting divergence.

Running Curse of Strahd with the Plane Shift: Innistrad book.

>It's the closest thing
Not at all, did you read the class?
it works with at-will dragon breath and invocations, it isn't "all about dragons", just their breath.

Yeah but we weren't the group for a sudden change like that we are half serious half casual, so a huge jarring change of plot would kind of unimmerse all of us

Use the Assassin NPC stat sheet from the MM, give them the Mimicry trait from Kenku. 2 are already a hard encounter.

>Have you run any 5e games that don't take place in Forgotten Realms / Faerun?
The campaign I'm running now is a homebrew in my own world. I'm also working on developing a sci-fi setting and classes for a future campaign.

There is an "ultramodern" book in the 3rd party stuff that might help with that.

"Common sense" is a codeword for "if I don't pay attention I'm not wrong."

Stop

Fuck off.

The last thread had enough of that argument. Don't spread it to this one.

What about a monk that isn't very wise?

It's named after dragons. It's dragon-themed. It was in a book called Dragon Magic, because it uses dragon-flavored magic. In focusing on the structure of the mechanics themselves, you're missing the forest for the trees, not to mention setting yourself up for disappointment. You're not going to find a 5e class that has nothing but at-wills, not even 5e warlocks. In 3.5, the warlock and DFA were experiments with giving a class nothing but at-wills, just like weeaboo fightan magic was an experiment in giving nothing but encounter powers. It paved the way for 4e's uniform spread of at-will, encounter, and daily powers, which led to 5e, with every class having good stuff they can do at-will and some things that are either encounter, daily, or a mix of both.

You could make up a dragon pact warlock, but honestly, why would you when dragon sorcerers are already a thing and they're so close?

Young monk who values power over wisdom and struggles with his masters lessons.

Awesome, thank you!

how do you feel about metagaming/overthinking while in a campaign/character?

either "that guy" overthinking everything or changing his plan when something happens even if his character isn't aware/wasn't there, or just going "this thing is immune/weak to X" and it's the first time the party/PC encounters the thing, before even rolling history or whatnot to know if his character knows it.

some murderhobo'ing enters in this category but metagaming is not really the important issue about murderhobo'ing.

Don't you have a bag of dicks to work your way through?

Already finished sorting them by size for you.

>Circle of Twilight is meant to be dedicated to exterminating the undead
>The bonus damage it deals is Necrotic

What?

"i was elbow deep in a bag of dicks sorting them as a gift to the man i love but hes so gay haha"
le epik win dude, lmfao so many epik wins! +1 internet to you

wotc being retarded for no one's surprise

Do you ever wonder why you let yourself get so worked up on the internet?

Anyone have any good suggestions on building caster NPCs of appropriate CR? It seems like wizards are all offense no defense which makes me worried that the fight could either TPK or the caster get novaed first round.

What, you don't like our creative twist on the thirtieth anti-undead class option we've put out?

Give them access to counter spell.

if my heart rate actually increased at all then i might wonder but since i usually only have a slight giggle or heavy breath out of my nose, no ive never wondered once

It depends somewhat, though generally Ill just remind then that th eye weren't there or wouldn't know that, and to cut that shit out.

I would expect them to make deductions though. If a dragon rises up out of a pool of acid, don't go for Acid arrow. If you're trying to fight a living scarecrow, a little fire makes a lot of sense.

As an undead, I, for one, do not.

Don't build a character using the rules for building PCs. Not only will they have a bunch of useless ribbons, their HP will be too low to survive even one round. Take a hint from the spellcasters in the NPCs section. Assign HP and spell save DCs based on the "generic monster stats by CR" table in the DMG. Give them a caster level significantly higher than their CR. If they're supposed to be a boss monster, give them legendary actions and legendary resistance.

There are a few very specific character concepts where that sort of shit might make sense. Otherwise yes, relying on player knowledge that a your character explicitly wouldn't know and taking advantage of that is bullshit.

Unless of course that's just how the entire group has decided to run with it, in which case they're all free to have their own form of fun, no matter how badwrongfun bullshit it seems to the rest of us. You can't fix stupid.

so with the release of volo's and tome of beasts
what are some fun new unique polymorphs?

cows

So... they had a real Rick and Morty adventure.

The entire campaign has been rick and Morty parallel universes shenanigans

It's very easy.
>you are attacked by a roving band of gobli-- green-skinned, upright-standing quadrapeds with four eyes strange fins along their arms

>hey DM can I [impressive physical feat]?
>no, that's not in the rule book and you're not a wizar-- actually go ahead, and you know what, you don't even have to roll. you succeed.

>the robed figure swoops by you on his flying carpet and levels a wand of searing ray at-- actually, it's a shirtless man on a flying palanquin and he points a strange crossbow-like object made of what appears to be bone and crystal at you

>is there any full plate available at this shop, DM?
>.......yes, but it only looks like two space-monster leather straps across your chest and a thong

Sounds pretty good to me

>tfw most undead aren't vulnerable to fire or radiant
>several of them don't even have necrotic resistance / immunity
WHAT'S
THE
FUCKING
POINT

I think my question is more so how the spell choice would factor into offensive and defensive CR. Offensive spells are easy enough as they just would translate to the damage per round calculation but for defensive spells other than Mage Armor and Stoneskin (which usually are assumed on) how would you factor them in?

For example if you took the basic Mage in the MM that has 40 Hp, 15 AC, and save DC of 14, its CRed at 6th but if you take its most damaging spells (Cone of Cold + 2 4th level Fireballs) and assume they hit at least two targets (as the DMG suggests) it still only comes out to an average CR of 4.75 or 5, so where is that extra CR coming from? It does have counterspell and shield on its list so I am assuming they are accounting for that somehow but I'm looking for some numbers I can apply to that.

If they have access to defensive spells, you factor it in.

Stoneskin = act like they have resistance to BPS. Mage armor = act like they have 13 + Dex AC.

If they have Shield then act like that 5 more AC. If they can heal, act like they have extra HP equal to the average max heal they can do.

I can't wait for the next UA just to tear 'em a new one with these druid options

None of them were even close to being decent. Thematically they weren't that bad I guess, but mechanically ugh.

Huh, I guess you are right there.

I assumed mage armor was up so 15 AC, added 5 to AC because of a shield and then I increased hp by 27 because counter-spell always stops at least a 3rd level spell (the values I have on the side are taken from the spell creation chart in the DMG as a rough estimate for how much damage a slot can do).

I didn't mind the idea of a Circle of the Sun focused on radiant and healing, or the totem spirits one thematically, though I'd prefer something more like the 4e Shaman where it's more focused on a single, temporary beast companion of sorts.

The neurotic one just feels out of place, since it doesn't feel like how a Druid would fight undead. What would be cooler is them using fungus or wildshaping/summoning vultures or other scavengers to take care of them like any corpse.

Generally when shapeshifters have sex the offspring is some sort of halfbreed abomination. You might succeed at overrunning the forest with owlbears, but you won't save any endangered species by doing that.

Actually one of my character ideas is a Barbarian/Monk who followed the teachings as well as he could, but found fault with the whole wisdom shit and instead just brute forces his way through things. His "rage" wouldn't be him frothing at the mouth, but a subtle seething anger.

Looking for the most OP gish build in 5e. what builds do you guys recommend?

By the way guys why is Undying Light considered broken?

Is it because of Searing Vengeance, or because Radiant Soul is overloaded, or because of the sum of it all?

Anyone feel as if the Half-Elf is a little underwhelming when compared to Elves?

Elves get Darkvision, Keen Senses, Fey Ancestry, Trance, Elf Weapon Training, and two other traits.

Half Elves only get Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, and Skill Versatility. I know Humans don't get any, but I feel like Half-Elves should have one more trait.

SCAG adds the ability to give one trait depending on the subrace it's Elf-Half is from, but it comes at the cost of Skill Versatility which makes it a wash.

> op build
we recommend you fuck off to pathfinder

All of it.

>drew a card and got sucked into the shadow realm
>mfw

Half elves is one of the best class. +2 CHA, +1 in two different abilities, +2 skill proficiencies.