Mfw a player tries to use a third party class in my game

>mfw a player tries to use a third party class in my game.

>it's not even as overpowered as several first-party classes but the DM bitches anyways

>Try to inject some fun and originality into game
>DM hates fun
>mfw

> I'm trying to inject some fun and originality into this game goshdarnit, so what if my custom class can handle a weapons thrice it's normal size with no penalty?

Sorry you didn't get to play your OP class so you can feel better about yourself.

(Just because its fun for you doesn't mean anyone else enjoys it)

>wizard casting telekinesis on it and throwing several of them with no penalty is totally fine though

>mfw I'm playing a class based RPG.

>mfw the DM is cooperative with other classes and even donut steel classes so long as everyone's okay with it and are aware that he reserves right to adjust them at any point if they're too strong or too weak

...Ok, but seriously, so what? A huge longsword does 3d6, and a huge greatsword does 4d6. That's an average of +6 and +7 damage, respectively - which is a good power attack or a flaming shock enchantment. It's a nice boost at low levels, but even at 5 I'd rather be a Warblade.

>mfw the DM thinks he's a game dev and adjusts things that don't need adjusting

>mfw the GM insists on running a game with classes that are so shit the players want to play third-party classes

>mfw I want to GM something else, but the players only want to play pathfinder.

>mfw I know that feel

So what, cunt, if the GM literally has a bachelors degree majoring in games design is it okay with you if he adjusts your fucking snowflake wizards?
Or do you somehow think the retards that wrote the system originally are infallible?

Jesus christ this is my exact life right now. I've been DMing pathfinder for what feels like forever. They always bitch about playing the system, but forget that time we played Dark Heresy for two sessions and quit because the "system was to complex", or that time we played Shadowrun once and everyone hated because it was lame, or that time we played Only War for two hours and everyone ragequit when the tank blew up after driving it into the clearly marked minefield.

The list goes on. I've even let other people try to GM, and it keeps falling back on to me. I want the suffering to end.

>want to play a game
>all the games around have new players and GMs, the latter of which especially want safe, easy to handle low fantasy while they work through their first times

Well, it's your own fault for pushing similarly bad systems on them. Of course they're going to stick with the devil they know.

>that time we played Dark Heresy for two sessions and quit because the "system was to complex"
>or that time we played Shadowrun once and everyone hated because it was lame, >or that time we played Only War for two hours and everyone ragequit when the tank blew up after driving it into the clearly marked minefield.

user I don't know how else to tell you this, your players have brain damage

Just play savage worlds, gurps or homebrew something that isn't shit. Don't let the memers fool you, if you build your homebrew with your players input you're already putting more effort into it that 50% of written systems.

>I've even let other people try to GM

>

I was just working with the systems I already have. I really don't want to drop dosh on a new one when I have five or so systems sitting on my bookshelf.

To be fair the Dark Heresy is a total shift in gears in how a Pathfinder game is played. I really should've said "To different."

I've actually never played a game of GURPS or looked into it. I don't know if I could honestly make my own system.

>I was just working with the systems I already have. I really don't want to drop dosh on a new one when I have five or so systems sitting on my bookshelf.
It's exactly this kind of thinking that makes 3.PF such a persistent blight on our hobby. If all you've done so far is bad buys, you have to get rid of them, think about what you've been doing wrong and how not to repeat that mistake.
There are plenty of systems that cost a fraction of what you listed, in terms of both money and time. And with PDFs, this board gives you plenty opportunity to try before you buy.

As for your players, all you've given them is similarly complex and opaque systems with settings they probably don't know or don't care about.
You need to give them something that is very obviously better. So you want either something similarly complex with better design (Fantasy Craft, Legend, Dungeon Crawl Classics) or go straight for shock therapy with quick-to-learn games (Apocalypse World, Ryuutama, Make You Kingdom, Old School Hack).

>mfw I saved the thumbnail of an image instead of the image itself