If I wanted to run a game based on this, theoretically, what would be the best system currently around?

If I wanted to run a game based on this, theoretically, what would be the best system currently around?

GURPS
Strike!
FATAL
D&D Fourth Edition
WHFB Second Edition Beastman Handbook
StarFinder
Car Lesbians

Why you gotta pick the worst one OP

Hey, Megaman EXE may have been cheesy as hell and a little bit underwhelming compared to his robot assassin brothers, but the battle network games were fun as fuck. Don't you talk shit about them.

Battle Network 4 was so bad, though.

Especially considering how good Battle Network 3 was.

I just picked an image, I was more familiar with 3 than any other, but the cover was arguably less 'interesting'.
Oh shit, yeah, I'll give this a look.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this user.

Order of Quality is something like
6, 3, 5, 2, 1, 4

Star Force was never as good, but Black Ace/Red Joker was probably the best one, as it brought back something resembling the style changes of BN3.

Actually, sorry, no, 3 was definitely better than 6, my bad, just for the sheer amount of AfterGame story.

MMBN4 was the reason I stopped playing the games, I did give 5 a try after a year though.
I have a couple other ones, but they are all super incomplete.
The only other one that actually looks good, and is complete, is hidden somewhere in my folder of many PDFs

1,000 Blank White Chips.

Hurr MMBN was my favorite game growing up and probably why I became a software engineer. I mean why you gotta pick the worst BN game.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Megaman EXE and his games in general. Nevermind then, I'm really not in much of a position to argue about specific games.

I mean I had both BN3 and BN4 as a kid, but i was a fuckin braindead little shit who was terrible at games as a kid, so they kinda blended together in my mind.

huh, I was considering asking this recently myself, namely the optimal way to run a game with the BN feel to it, and I remember some were like
"you have two characters one net op and one navi" or
"one's a net op and the other is the navi" or even some really convoluted ones like
"everyone is a net op and also someone else's navi" and then just
"you're all navis and GM is net op" and so on and so on.

I really hope someone has a good idea for how to make it work but keep that kinda dynamic that navis and operators have.

also potentially an adaption for Star Force rules.

The Combat system doesn't lend itself to rpgs.

I tried making a wholesom MMBN system but I quitted because my group had no interest and i have no experience making RPGs

You could always just be solo Navis, too.

yeah you could probably get close to emulating a battlechip folder by taking the D&D cleric approach where you have a lot of oneshot chips and then you have your common chips that your folder is packed with.

Alternatively one could take an ammo pool approach to it like network transmission where you have a set number of times you can use a chip per battle.

yeah especially if you used those copybots from battle network 6 to let them do their real world stuff; make the party a group of investigators or police or something and have them use both the net and the copybots to investigate and gather intel and such.

Strike!

It's incredibly fitting. I wanted to run a game set in MMBN in Strike! already.

3>6>2>>

4 may have sucked, but it had my favorite Navi