So in 40k, the souls of the dead all go to the Warp, right? And warp storms...

So in 40k, the souls of the dead all go to the Warp, right? And warp storms, especially permanent ones like the Screaming Vortex and the Eye of Terror, are areas where the warp bleeds into reality, essentially making it possible to travel between the two. Now, most souls that go to the Warp become daemon chow (unless they were faithful to the Emperor. Then they might or might not go to him in the warp), but assuming someone was a badass and somehow managed to avoid getting eaten by daemons, could it be possible for them to reach a warp storm and eventually make it back into the material world? I imagine they'd be unstable like daemons, and thus couldn't stay for too long, but would that be possible?

If so, what about the dead primarchs, like Sanguinius? Could they theoretically manifest in the real world again for some period of time? What about the Emperor himself, assuming part of him really is in the warp. How would that interact with the fact his body is still technically alive?

Pic semi-related, cause that might actually fit with the theory that the Legion of the Damned are the ghosts of fallen marines, and why they never stick around for too long.

Thats exactly what the Legion is. They are summoned ala daemons by imperial citizens who believe in the emperors might like orks summon psychic powers. I suppose nothing would prevent a human soul from returning to our material realm, assume physical form and then retain it given instability. We don't know what happened to the souls of the primarchs or the big E unless there is something I don't know.

Alright then, cause that actually raises a second question for me. The Legion of the Damned is able to be summoned to the material world because people hope and pray for salvation, and since the warp works on beliefs and emotions, the Legion comes because the space marines are a symbol of death and salvation in the Imperium. Now, since the warp works on beliefs and emotions, there's the theory that part the Emperor is in the warp while his body's half-dead, and if so, he'd likely have a lot of Imperial souls with him since the Imperium believes that the faithful dead go to him. If that's the case, could there be a regiment of guardsmen that come from the same vein as the Legion, and they just don't get summoned because space marines are a more powerful symbol than marines? If that's the case, would it be possible for them to get into the material world by marching out of a warp storm, to help with major battles like the Black Crusade on Cadia?

As for primarchs, I imagine they work the same way. They have a presence in the warp, so when they die their souls -should- go there. I'm not entirely familiar with this part of the lore, but there's somebody called the Sanguinor or something that some Blood Angels think is actually Sanguinius right? Maybe that could be an explanation for that actually being true? Cause if anyone could actually find a way out of the warp, it'd be a Primarch.

>They are summoned ala daemons by imperial citizens who believe in the emperors might like orks summon psychic powers
Maybe. But don't go presenting your opinion as fact. That's one theory among many in Codex: Legion of the Damned.

>Legion of the Damned but Guardsmen

Holy fuck I need this so badly.

>Cadia falls
>Abbadon gets hyped
>Last remaining Imperials on Cadia plead for salvation
>Large anomaly from the Warp
>Ghost Ships of fallen Imperial Naval vessels come screaming out of the warp
>Filled with the souls of EVERY fallen faithful Guardsman
>All of them have the same scheme as the Legion of the Damned, Black Armor, Skulls, Covered in fire
>Black Crusade gets smashed and Cadia is saved

Or the same thing happens once Abbadon reaches Terra.

This needs to be a thing. Why is this not a thing?

Could Blood Angels and Iron Hands believe hard enough to get back their Primarchs?

This would be the objectively best ending to Abby's 13th Crusade.

The Eternal Guard does not hold the line.

They break it.

It's happened

I would say sort of yes but it would have to cost them.

They are Space Marines in a harsh galaxy. They would deep down need to work for it.

In terms of Iron Hands;

They possibly have his body somewhere. If not they would have to retrieve whats left of it and repair it as best they can with grafts and metal. Then they would have to find his head. They would have to go to the Pimp Planet of Fulgrim and FUCKING TAKE IT form that slithering degenerate bastard and fuck shit up going in and grab the last piece of their progenitor and fuck shit up going out and burn their engines to ashes in their haste.

They would take that severed head to their Fortress, the Sanctum Sanctorum of their order, and place it and stitch it to the body and they would raise that work bench up high and open the roof to the heavens. They would raise the lightning rod on that stormy night and the Libraries and priests would scour the Warp itself to the maddening depths beyond madness for the soul that belongs to them.

They would hoist that timelines man from the harrowing depths as the lightning strikes and wrest his soul from the dark gods themselves and curse death and curse the living and curse the damned and the holy and the forsaken with that act and earn the malediction of saints and monsters alike for violating Death itself.

And as the white hot fire sears the flesh of their dead lord and unkindly returns him once more to life then Chaos can lament and learn what it is to be hunted, a true Primarch walks the world once more and he knows nothing of kindness or fear of death.

Now we need it to happen again but on a scale large enough to demolish the entire 13th Black Crusade.

When you put it that way...
DO IT, GW!

"WE HAVE HELD THE LINES OF THE IMPERIUM FOR TEN THOUSAND YEARS. NOW WE RETURN TO BREAK THE LINES OF OUR ENEMIES.

DUTY DOES NOT YET END IN DEATH."

The Eternal Guard are my new favorite head canon.

>DUTY DOES NOT YET END IN DEATH."
>We really really want to say "even in death I still serve" but it's been taken by Dreadnoughts.

>these pleb just realised Emperor is god of death
>he literally is a lich and Golden Throne is his phylactery
>majority of his symbols are death related
>Imperium is just one giant cult of death
>most of his champions and deamons died at one point
>also Vulkan and pepretuals and company
>his plan for humanity psychic ascendence is raising an army of undead

Does anyone remember that thread where we made an Imperial section to the Realm of Chaos?

There was the Great Wall around the Sanity Lands and at the heart of it the Golden Citadel where it was said the Emperor lived. Dead humans loyal to the Emperor went there when they died. The Emperor Protects, even in death.

>emperor goes suddenly full Nagash
>Sisters of Battle and Living Saints are now necromancers, followed by a legion of flaming guardsmen
>suddenly all the skulls have purpose

It would take some kind of tactical genius to pull off...

>Creed leading an army of Flaming Skeletal Guardsmen

Oh fuck yes.

Could you just imagine?

>Cadia is all but lost
>The Imperial Guard has been pushed back to one last fortress city
>Guardsmen are dug the fuck in, but you can't exactly fight back Chaos when it's taken all but one city.
>Everyone is scared. Even Creed's not sure how they're gonna pull outta this one. But they can't retreat, doing so would leave Terra vulnerable. If Abaddon wants Cadia, he'll have to pry it from their cold dead hands.
>Everyone has been praying for a miracle, hoping the Emperor will keep them safe
>The black hordes finally approach
>Heretics as far as the eye can see
>Daemonic engines that grind and whirl in anticipation for the coming bloodshed
>Horrific daemons cackling at all the horrors they'll do to the Cadians who have denied them for so long.
>And giant, profane ships that approach to bomb the Cadians last refuge from orbit.
>Old comrades whisper their final goodbyes to the men and women they've served beside. The commissar is about to give the command to open fire.
>Then, they come.

>Glowing warp gates begin to open across the battlefield, and out of them come Cadia's salvation.
>The marines were first, clad in burning black armor adorned with skulls.
>Then come the others. Men and women, clad in black flack armor, carrying laser weapons that hiss with potency. Those that still have flesh are grey and pallid, like a corpse. Others have none at all, with burning skulls and skeletal hands. All of them aflame with warp fire.
>With them come tanks of all varieties, from waves of Leman Russ battle tanks, to scores of mighty Baneblades, all the color of obsidian.
>The portals open far above in the night sky as well, ancient ghost ships from millennia past. So many come from the warp that one could not see a single star in the night sky.
>The legion of the damned march forth like a flaming black tide, the earth shaking beneath the innumerable boots that walk the planet once more.
>Mouths are agape as the scene unfolds. Guardsmen whisper in hushed tones. Creed stares dumbfounded, his cigar fallen to the ground. The forces of chaos come to a halt, the terr bow visage of their new goes striking fear into even the blackest of hearts among them.
>Finally, the skeletal army comes to a halt, their steps so in-sync that it can be heard from miles away.
>The vengeful black armies speak one line in unison, and it is so loud that even the ship crews above can hear it from their sensors.
>"Even in death, duty does not end!"
>The Cadians had done well to hold the line for as long as they did.
>And now it was time to advance.

I will point out that in several imperial guard focused books I've read out of th black library it pretty much outright says thst not only do guardsmen go to the emperors side when they die. They are there with their regiments. The only one I can remember the name and specifics for is imperial glory though.

Spoilers head
At the end of the book after the entire regiment is killed by Orks we get a final sequence where one of the main characters, a major, is wandering in a realm of bright light. He runs into the men he's been serving with on this campaign, who were not his original regiment. One of them is all, this ain't your place, your men are waiting for you, and halle turns to see his original regiment waiting for him. He joins them and they March into the light.

This seems to imply that you and your regiment spend the rest of eternity together with the emperor if your a member of the guard. Just think of how many millions of regiments are at his side. Imagine if they all came screaming out of the warp at once. I don't care who you are thst is both awesome and terrifying.

I think for me the best part of this is the mental image of creed standing there staring at them slack jawed as his stogie slips from his lips an hits the ground.

> EVERY.

user...

No planet is large enough to hold that.

>Planet of Guardsmen.jpg

You know, if the Emperor could shield every guardsman soul from the denizens of the warp they would eventually take over.

Exactly. He can. He is. And we've almost reached critical mass . The deaths of most of cadia will push us over the activation threshold and we will storm the eye of terror and curbstomp chaos.

Year of Ghosts 2.0 WHEN?

>Emperor turns the Imperium's greatest weakness (its ridiculous death count over the last 10 millenium) into an overwhelming tide of immortal holy ghost VENGENCE.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

isnt it also believed that when Ferrus was killed by Fulgrim, that thousands of traitor marines swarmed his body, and took souviniers from his corpse? if that were the case, then his head would be the only thing to really be left as such after thousands of years

There's legitimately a bit in the newest BL Horus Heresy book where this kinda happens.

>The Emperor summons IMPERIAL SPIRITS LED BY GHOST FERRUS MANUS TO FUCK UP DAEMONS IN THE WEBWAY.

Point of interest: Fulgrim, with the aid of Fabius Bile, actually made a ton of Ferrus Manus clones after the Dropsite Massacre just so Fulgrim could test if he could've convinced Manus to join his side.

Fulgrim couldn't have.

So I wouldn't put it past say Mars being able to clone a Manus body if they had access to the Terran gene vaults and then had Big E "mantle" Manus' soul into it...