Why is it such a magnet for weirdos, especially weird girls?

Why is it such a magnet for weirdos, especially weird girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was designed to be.

What I really want to know is why is it a magnet for such bad game design?

One example: guns. Due to the "defense subtracts from attack dice pool, then each success is 1 damage" rule, you can be so inept at firing a gun that you hit 90% of the time, but require five or six hits to kill the average person. Whereas most handguns have something like a 50% incapacitate rate on the first shot. So a gunfight in World of Darkness is more like a fistfight. Because the combat system is designed retardedly at the core.

Another example: stats. Due to logarithmic scaling a 2 is twice as good as a 1 but a 5 is not a whole lot better than a 4. Yet the attribute costs don't reflect this. Even so, increasing stats is always a good thing, and the game needs a hard cap on its superbly non-granular system to make it even function properly, while fucking character variety up the arse.

Not to mention there are nine fucking ability scores. This is elegance for the sake of elegance. Who gives a fuck about the difference between "presence" and "composure"? Especially when Charisma, already the dump stat in most RPGs, is now forced to spend three times as many points to be good at it? I understand this game is about angsty vampires seducing each other (and seducing the emo chicks who play it, which is the only good reason for playing World of Darkness and is certainly the only reason I ever played this pile of trash system), so Charisma is more important. But to equal that out, it costs 3 times as much to be charismatic, thus it is right back on the same footing as it is in D&D! Except even worse because you have to have it. And your points are more spread between these abilities so the cap becomes even more painful (i.e. if the game expects you to have 3 in each stat and there are 3 stats, you only need 9 points, but if the game has 9 stats you would need 27 points and then the high score of 5 suddenly seems extremely low since you have twenty-seven-fucking-points to spend.)

>most handguns have something like a 50% incapacitate rate on the first shot
Wanna say that to my face nigger?

>Not to mention there are nine fucking ability scores. This is elegance for the sake of elegance. Who gives a fuck about the difference between "presence" and "composure"? Especially when Charisma, already the dump stat in most RPGs, is now forced to spend three times as many points to be good at it? I understand this game is about angsty vampires seducing each other (and seducing the emo chicks who play it, which is the only good reason for playing World of Darkness and is certainly the only reason I ever played this pile of trash system), so Charisma is more important. But to equal that out, it costs 3 times as much to be charismatic, thus it is right back on the same footing as it is in D&D! Except even worse because you have to have it. And your points are more spread between these abilities so the cap becomes even more painful (i.e. if the game expects you to have 3 in each stat and there are 3 stats, you only need 9 points, but if the game has 9 stats you would need 27 points and then the high score of 5 suddenly seems extremely low since you have twenty-seven-fucking-points to spend.)
This is completely wrong.
Basically, you pick which of "Physical, Mental, Social" you want to be best at, and then tweak the substats accordingly.

Saying Social stuff and Dexterity don't cost the same is like saying Initiative and Feats don't cost the same, Or HT and dodge in Gurps. They're not supposed to be directly compared.

>I haven't paid attention to the new editions

Because it has otherkin written all over it

>defense subtracts from attack dice pool
guns get bonuses. and def doesn't subtract

>require five or six hits to kill the average person
>no ever misses vitals

wrong on both counts

Because most of the splats are about leaving humanity behind and embracing the darkness within, while hiding your greatness from normies.

>things and people I don't like are "weird"!
Go back to "Buddy Christ's Friendship Adventure RPG, then.

because 90% of the stories told here are creative works of fiction written by people who have never played the game.

What fucking movie has two guys shooting each other dozens of times to wear each other down like a fistfight? Or in real life? it never happens, and it shouldn't happen in fucking World of Darkness that is trying to be all grim'n'gritty besides.

Any?

Yeah he probably has an 18 Constitution.

>every shot hits

>not seeing Boondocks Saints

youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM

that movie is awful

Because VAMPIRES

I've played wod on a couple of cons and the wast majority of players were your average rpg nerd, maybe with a bit more interest in roleplaying and narrative stuff than the dnd crowd. Sure, there are vampire girls who are way more into everything vampire than ttrpgs in general but you mostly meet them at LARPs.

I guess it sounds kinda gothy and goths might be attracted to it and goths are pretty weird

You have no idea wtf you're talking about. The design is terrible but for different reasons.
Because God looked down on earth and he saw there were lots of dnd nerds not getting any.
So the Lord our God gave hot, crazy goth girls a reason to hang out with the dnd nerds, ispiring the creation of WW.
And there was much rejoicing and gnashing of teeth both for a time.
Then Justin Achilli came and wrote the nwod, and lo! The goth chicks did leave, for it sucked rotten syphilitic balls, and from Samaria to The Valley of Golam none could be found that gave a shit about wod anymore.
The Lord's Word!

Must be 'murican weirdos.You complain about girls 'cause they told you to shut up.
Poor child. I bet you see yourself as a 'nice guy'.

>Normies
>Role players

Pick one.

Normies make the best players tho

Wut, but you don't get your defense against firearms unless you have some sort of super speed magic ability and I think most handguns do a minimum of 2 or 3 damage so once you add bonus damage from dice you can easily kill someone in 1 to 3 shots depending on how well you hit. And that is just with handguns, once you move up to rifles and shotguns you are able to drop non supernaturals in 1 shot reliably. If not the second shot usually does some decent overkill

>early fan of game
>check out WoD forums
>it's ruled by a hardcore fag who pretends to be a snakeman
>snakeman always injecting his homo opinions into PG threads
>"how long can I make him erect with 2 dots in life teehee"
>gets furious at normal mentally healthy life choices other posters mention
>makes all his vampires to be leather wearing fags who suck blood out of poz leather bunnies

I'm looking at you Ophidomancer

There were kids on that forum man, and he was a moderator.

The characters look interesting and have a good fashion sense.
Nihilism and depression are a lot more relatable than tables and charts.

I actually really like the system just because it's simple enough to get people to start rolling dice and understanding it within minutes, whereas I felt like many other systems had things reliant on each other to determine the end formulas to use for abilities.

You can dodge into cover if it's within at least one meter. If not you can drop prone. Not that I'm disagreeing with you, just elaborating. (Source is v20)

More like World of Dankness

I don't get it