I know postapocalyptic gaming is not super popular here but I am running a game tomorrow just me (DM) n 2 of my m8's...

I know postapocalyptic gaming is not super popular here but I am running a game tomorrow just me (DM) n 2 of my m8's. It will be the second session and was curious if anyone had any cool character art, stories or just cool ideas. Setting is based in fallout universe northern commonwealth Wyoming specifically. The gang already has an actual working prewar car since one of them sacrificed a fuck ton for it, Also postapocalyptic general I guess

your not planing to auctualy use the advice in play dirty are you user.

bump with pdf

not word for word, but its an interesting perspective and a different style to atleast read up on. Why is it consider heresy here?

what's wrong with it?

It's basically a guide to being "That GM". If you want to discourage your players from ever coming over then go hog wild.

See This guy gets it. The advice in that pdf is heresy garbage and should be burned/erased/destroyed at the earliest convenience.

>The advice in that pdf is heresy garbage
Are you actually retarded, or are you gonna give reasons?

>gives advice to antagonise the player
>suggests to use your GMing powers to colossaly fuck over the players on a whim

John Wick is the GM who, in a superhero game, had a PC with immunity to diseases catch a disease anyway, and made them immune to the cure.

He is the worst sort of antagonistic GM who revels in fucking over his players at every opportunity. Not even in fun ways that create plot hooks. Just pure gotcha bullshit.

Could you give the details of that story ? I don't remember it

It's the how to guide for fucking over your players in the most boring and petty ways possible.

In the pdf

Retard

Christ I didn't remember him to be so shitty, what's even the point of acting like this ? Does he really need to stroke his ego like this ?

People change, sometimes not in good ways.

To show that the players are filthy plebians who should kiss the feet of the GM if they don't want to go through characters as fast as Tomb of horrors

Back on topic, Op, there's something you ought to consider if you're letting them use a highwayman. The traditional roadside bandits don't quite work. These brigands are expecting brahmin caravans and foot traffic. So if you want to waylay your players remember to consider their perspective as people speeding along the highway. Perhaps if cars are a rarity that a powerful faction can afford, have small "Motor Kingdoms" on or along the highway. Raiders/ warlords who have one to three powerful and customized vehicles that demand tithes and tolls on people entering their territory and enforcing said taxes with their mighty nuclear steeds. Especially since Wyoming is fairly flat and open.

>mfw my old GM recommended me this book now that I'm GM'ing
Looking back it makes a lot sense, but we didn't know better.

Another possible encounter your players could have is that their radio picks up a repeating distress signal asking for medicine for a sick child. Upon investigating their car is caught in an ambush and disabled. They are then taken prisoner by a gang of survivalists. After breaking out and listening to conversations they can learn the story of how this fairly average bunch of survivors had to turn to villainy to survive after too many bad harvests, too many raids, too many deaths. The child they claim is sick actually exists, and part of their increasingly desperate raids is an attempt to secure medicine for his chronic illness. The group is mostly family.

Motor Kingdom concepts:
>Trappers
They gather feral ghouls, subdues them, augments their limbs with metal hooks and such then crams them into their two large trucks and forces them out onto enemy combatants. Essentially just fast paced deployment of melee infantry blobs. When not in use the ferals have their limbs detached and are chained up. These raiders are always on the search for meat and run their own gladiator ring, pitting ghouls against one another by pinning radioactive meat to their torso and letting them loose. Besides this, they also let humans fight in the ring
>Burjies
These fine gents also traffic in flesh, but off a different kind. Highly armored and ornate pre war luxury cars haul shined up motor homes. These raiders capture women and men who look pretty and turn them into sex slaves. The Burjies keep the grand tradition of americans porking in the back of leather seated cars alive. They are vain in every sense and often let their vanity get them in trouble, stealing baubles and jewelry from other raiders, intimidating people with their highly customized and chromed weapons
>Khan's
In the aftermath of the war over the damn, the great Khan's took up the ways of their namesake and settled in the steppe of Wyoming. They ride motorcycles and a few of the remaining wild horses (fuck the lore there's fucking horses alright) and have made surprising gains against some of the more entrenched motor clans in the area. Though they are the new kids on the block, the Khan's stoicism and clan loyalty has served them well in becoming a staple of the landscape of Wyoming's wastes

Thanks for the fantastic advice guys, I thought giving them a car early would be pretty cool and a good way for them to sink caps into. Fuel cells are not cheap plus repairs for bullet holes n such, I thought of it more like a wand of fly but costs 2000 gold to use with each cast (considering my players wanna be huge time drug dealers so money wont be a big problem as the game goes on). The tax idea is fantastic and so is the motor kingdoms idea. Another kinda cool fact that I am developing is the BoS have secured a powerplant and are selling power to the merchant city of highscrape (think tenpenny but if most of the floors had merchant shops and the outer perimeter had locals) and a couple other city's that I am making. Would this be to far fetched? Also BoS have actual humvees that they have secured instead of vertibirds (since i dont wanna deal with elevated bullshit and even thinking about what my players would do if they got there hands on one)

>Why did he change?

I honestly think he's not a bad guy, just hates it when players are trying to 'game the systerm' in his mind.

If you look at the more recent stuff there doesn't seen to be same mean spiritedness he developed a reputation for.

I think he was just going for a rough patch. Maybe someone stole his car or ran over his dog

OP here, things went well