So I am running a Half-ork Monk in my friends campaign. I also have a few levels in Cleric...

So I am running a Half-ork Monk in my friends campaign. I also have a few levels in Cleric. I use a Bo Staff but often drop it since my fists do more damage.

What I was wondering is;
Can i modify my staff with for example a dragons breath organ to make it like shoot shit. Like a worse version of the breath attack. If so can anyone come up with a good way to tell this to my DM. (We play Pathfinder btw).

tl;dr
Monk needs better staff with breath attack!

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Martial-Training-I-Combat-
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/elemental-flux-maneuvers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Multiclass monk/cleric
System?
If 3.5 it would be far better and actually effective being Monk/Urpriest/Sacred fist, maybe there's something for cleric that I didn't see
If PF, nigga what are you doing?
If 5e, double nigga what are you doing?

>Staff doesn't do as much damage as fists.
>I should get a staff that shoots fire.
I don't follow your logic, OP. If you want to set shit on fire, play a sorcerer.

I am already going Monk we are like level 10 and can't go back now. Also fire breathing staff would be kinda cool

pretty sure you can get monk damage with monk weapons, can't you?

Depends on the system.

How many levels of each? what's your synergy (aka what do you get from cleric that makes worthwile losing AC, Speed, Extra attacks on FoB, Monk's unarmed damage, possibly ki powers and style strikes, etc?

op said he's playing pf right in the op.

Then no, in PF your unarmed damage doesn't translate to weapons.

Orcs are evil dudes from fantsy, orKs are fungi from Warhammer

Yeah there hasn't been any notes about transferance of dmg from fists to weps but i might be able to ask my DM. Also I run a archetype of Cleric which doesn't use armor anyway, so as that I won't lose my bonuses. I also run 7 monk/ 3 cleric

>op asks for help making something cool
>gets told to stop wanting fun and do something actually effective

I finally understand the assburgers behind fighter/wizard threads. You guys are awful at letting people enjoy things.

Perhaps consider a rebuild to warpriest. it makes a good monk/cleric hybrid on its own, better than alternating back N forth. Alternately, retrain your monk levels into cleric with irori as your deity.

fluffwise they'll fill the same niche, but will do a better job of it.

If you're dead-set on actual monk levels (your least effective option) I'd retrain the cleric levels to monk and retrain the monk to wing gong monk, and pick up spells that use Ki points instead of spell slots.

going your current route will have you consistently lagging behind the whole game

>I finally understand the assburgers behind fighter/wizard threads. You guys are awful at letting people enjoy things.
There are two options for OP.
1: ask your GM to homebrew something
2: give up on your dreams of getting making fire come out your staff normally.

There isn't any serious way of doing this without serious reworking of-

OP, see if your DM allows 3rd party shit.

Take Martial Power - d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Martial-Training-I-Combat-
Pick Elemental Flux -
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/elemental-flux-maneuvers
Take Elemental Nimbus stance, or elemental strike, or other elemental shit, and ask if you can sacrifice spellslots to boost attack damage with augments. Then pick up a bunch of other cool maneuvers.

Don't forget to pick up more martial training feats.

the whole thread has been telling him how to go about doing what he suggested without sucking.

qinggong monk can even get a breath weapon like a dragon.

hes clearly inexperienced, because monk cleric 3 does a bad job at both classes, so any /advice/ for his concept is going to involve a rebuild.

If you want it in the staff specifically, look in the magic item creation section, and look into magic items that cast a spell x/day. you want the breath weapon spell that qinggong monk has. then you literally price out what it's worth and show it to your gm and go about getting it in game.

If it doesn't have to be in the staff, qinggong monk can breathe fire if you take that option

OP starts out whining about lack of staff damage, only to say he wants something completely unrelated to actual staff damage. There's no logical connection there, he basically said
>My BAB is shit.
>Can I have a Su?

If he wanted a staff that dealt more damage, like if it lit enemies on fire when he hit them with it, there would at least be a logical connection.

It's a custom wondrous item (rules for those are right in core, it's a wondrous item that has x/day spells), or one of several ways to build it into his character as presented by you or and .

Either you can't read or you're in another thread and posted here by mistake.

This, Warpriest Sacred Fist archetype, you're basically a Monk/Cleric but better than the multiclass (which sucks in PF 9 out of 10 times)

>lacking staff damage
warpriest rebuild, or pow mystic rebuild.

>Su dragon breath
custom wondrous item, or Retraining qinggong monk, possibly also warpriest or cleric of irori, or martial training elemental flux

PHB monk or Unchained monk, OP?

Sorry I haven't been active for like some hours. IRL shit. (also OP doesn't deliver)

Thanks for all suggestions and insults, will take them alle into consideration and read up more.

Have a lovely evening.

Because they don't want him to get screwed over by shitty mechanics and stop having fun.

That's not just a thing that happens, that's a thing I personally have seen happen to new players who experimented in the wrong direction.