Where are they fucking coming from?

My forum rp group just met (and blacklisted) it's thirtieth "good vampire thats better then everyone and oh so sexy." and then the last tabletop group I was in had one of the players try to get the DM to accept a vampire in the group, and not one that's hiding what they are. We're talking a walks in the sunlight and snaps it's fangs at people they don't like suepire.

Where are all these edgy, cringe worthy, sack of shit twilight vampires with no concept of hiding what they are coming from?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/universe/Penance_(Robert_Baldwin)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you remember being a teenager?

They didn't stop happening just because you grew up.

They've always been around, like the group girl that plays a druid with a wolf animal companion or the guy who plays a half demon who was either abandoned by or killed his family and uses a katana.

So the reason they're around in such large numbers is because this faggotry is generational? Does this mean were going to be seeing more of this type of shit in the future with different shit?

I swear if your telling me that soon were going to have to deal with Deadpool ripoffs I'm going to have to abandon the hobby for a few years.

Oh wow. I thought 90s oWoD (You know it's just V:TM really) was cringe.

I can't wait for Deadpool cringe.

Just make condolences cards for people who do this letting them know they are not, and will never be, Ryan Reynolds with super powers.

I mean if you're leaving the game anyways might as well go out swinging your dick around.

Sad thing about deadpool ripoffs is they'd rip off the shitty parts of Deadpool, and not getting the appeal of his higher quality stories.

The fuck is KlK doing there?

Its basically a meme to call Ryuko edgy at this point when she's actually a total sweetheart with a great friend

But its mostly cause she and shadow have the exact same storyline.

Except she's not a furry fucktoy.

Well you're half right.

?

Nice image. Do you have it in a lower res? I can almost see shit

It sure feels good not to know that hedgehog guy and not know his story. Achievement in ignorance.

And she,'s sweet af.

What's with that water angel? She doesn't really fit in at first glance

She's from Steven Universe.
I don't watch the show, but yeah, she really stands out in the collage.

Reaper, Kill la Kill girl, Shadow, dude from Hatred, dude from Naruto, someone from Steven Skubniverse...
...anti-superman? fem-Chipp Zanuff? who?

>Deadpool ripoffs
Fuck, as if I didn't have enough to worry about.

>gaysuke
>not coolest guy
Not fair

The water angel is from Steven universe. She is on edge at times because she received quite a bit of abuse from a fusion she did with an antagonist that she kept chained bellow the ocean

Now she is a bit edgy, she has trust issues and at one point she hated water because of how long she spent there

Relax, take it eeeeaaaaaaasyyyy

I think Black Superman in the back there is Superboy Prime, who whined so hard it destroyed a universe.

You haven't dealt with Deadpool rip-offs yet? We had like, 3 in my old group. I had to leave the group because the GM actually allowed them. No thanks. One of them actually named their character Alivepool.

Vampires have always been cool, of course people want to RP as them. That doesn't mean ALL vampire PCs are shit.

Chick in the back right is Payne from FF X-2.
Green hair is Envy from FMA.

>Alivepool

>Alivepool
gg

Who's the guy with the spikes on his head though, all the rest I know them

>Alivepool

>alivepool
This kills the game

>Green hair is Envy from FMA.
No way

The guy in the far back is Penance from Marvel. It was a stupid thing from Civil War.
He got over it although there have been implications that not entirely

Lapis Lazuli. She was trapped in a mirror for like, a thousand years. Got loose, decided to go home, got caught by homeworld, who imprisoned her and brought her back to Earth to find the protagonists. Ended up fusing with an antagonist, chaining her to the bottom of the sea. She's a bit of a deconstruction of abuse and abusers, since fusion is treated as a relationship, so that they were stuck in an abusive relationship created a weird dependency while causing them both great suffering. So yeah, if you strip away most of the fluff, she's edgy, but she's SUPPOSED to deal with serious issues. I won't speak to the skill with which she was written or the plot was developed, but the idea was to explore abusive relationship dynamics and how victims can also be abusers.

Penance, I believe. From Civil War, used to be Speedball?

marvel.com/universe/Penance_(Robert_Baldwin)

He'd make a good leader of Necromunda Zealot warband, I feel

The "who" looks like Penance. The second worst thing to come out of Civil War.

>guy who used to bounce around
>now has super powers from self-harm
Somehow they managed to out-edge Adam X the X-Treme.

I sometimes forget the stupider shit that happened in that game. One guy was bored, so he decided that his character was going to be possessed by a demon, and that everybody could feel his evil aura, so powerful it was. That was back when there were a handful of GMs that cared, so somebody shut him the fuck down. Pathfinder living campaigns on roll20 are awful, and I really should have seen it coming.

A solution to some of this is to play a different system. As hipster indie shitlord as it sounds, a lot of the "intro" systems attract first-timers, who tend to not understand how cringe and stupid their characters are. By the time most people are playing something that isn't 3.PF they've kinda figured it out. There are some that never learn, however.

>Pathfinder living campaigns on roll20
Is this why some games have like 20 accepted player slots or something? I'm imagining just drop in drop out but with a table top. Like a forum game but kind of real time.

Is that real? Why the fuck? It isn't right?

>speedball pretending to be a girl from Generation X
Goddammit Marvel

Forum RPs are still a thing?
I always wanted to try one. I only did chatroom ones though

>Demon possession and auras.

Anyone know where this meme started? I honestly dont understand this high teir edge.

>Alivepool

>forum rp group
Well there's your problem.

I work with a great group of guys... and one 24-year-old who has yet to grasp that high school is over.

OP having edgy characters has been around since forever. The attraction to these characters comes from teenagers that find themselves to be able to identify with them. As people grow up the teenage years are hard for the developing mind, it is the phase when the person needs to adjust his single minded and self centered worldview that he had from the time of being a baby. An adjustment is needed to the group view of life and acceptance that life and the world is far more complex and confusing than one ever imagined, full of hardships, sadness and all sort of things.

Such characters that are hurt, edgy, angry, lonely, dark but at the same time have potential, powerful, smart and cool and yet disliked or brought down are appealing to these teenagers. Because they represent the feeling that they feel about the loss of the magical time of childhood and the need to conform, to the rules of society. Naturally this is hard for the human mind and they want to rebel and dismiss the norms and want to be different and unique because they still want to be important like they were in the past.

The quirks of these characters naturally feel familiar to the people in these years. They are misunderstood, they are loners, they are different from everyone else, they suffer emotionally but secretly they are great or want to be great but the world they live in doesn't want to let them, they mirror all the feelings everyone must face as they grow up to be an adult.

But seriously this is nothing new.

Think that's Gods and Monsters Superman.

wait, obito is still around and still whining in boruto?
what the fuck.

At the start, V:TM was the opposite of cringe. It was 15 years before Twilight.. the game was a horror game.

>Gods and Monsters Superman
can't be, Gods and Monsters Superman has an evil goatee

VtM was ALWAYS cringe. It was edgy and angst ridden, there is a reason trench coats are associated with it.

Since when?

Since always. Just went over this.

>P-cat the penitent puss
I know my next familiar

Since always.

This is a game in which you simulate going out and hunting for nubile teens in rave clubs to feed on, and when you bite them they orgasm and faint, but it's OH SO DARK AND HURTFUL TO BE UNDEAD

This, teens and autists coming to terms with the world will often trend to edge masters. Sad thing is some people will always be trying to come to terms with the world

Im not sure why Deadpool gets put in the same category as the rest of them. He isnt really an "edgy" character. Hes more of a traditional tragic hero, good intentions but flawed in such a way that he always comes short.

Well, in concept yes, but really his depictions vary by Author. Sometimes you get stuff like from people like Priest where he is humourous jovial, uncaring about the consequences of his fucked up history, and sometimes you get shot like the current line, where Deadpool is all inner pent-up angst about being popular and the head of a mercenary company and basically having everything he ever wanted.

Or even worse you might get shit like "Dead Pool mills the Marvel Universe" which completely misses the point of deadpool by making him another dime-a-dozen Edgy doomsday antagonist. The only redeeming parts of that whole shit were when Sherlock Holmes, Milan, Beowulf, and some other dudes teamed up to stop him, and when the Deadpool Corps did the same.

*kills the marvel universe
The price of phone posting it seems

Why is it cut off?

Is she not wearing pants?

Waypool is the true pool. Everything else will be forgotten in time.

Cringe isn't something inherent in the person doing it. It's something the Cringer does.

You create Cringe by Cringing. Just look at the thread and people's arguments and observations on what Cringe is. We are born innocent; we learn to Cringe.

Mostly it's in execution, if you ask me. Anything can be made edgy or not, with execution. Your favourite character that you think is subtle and nuanced, and that character that curls your lip in contempt whenever someone mentions it.

Characters aren't cringy, presentations are.

Yeah my friend is a camp and he's doesn't go out in the sun doesn't show his face and doesn't say he's super hot in fact he looks like the ugly vampires from buffy but can never change his face back like they can on t.v. Not all vampire roll players are bad

To hint at reams and reams more edgy backstory that isn't worth actually writing or reading. I'm a hopeless horndog too.

Just how the artist did it, that's the full picture.

to be fair, the direwolf is one of the better wildshapes for combat at low level

it's from Naruto. Chapter came out in 2013

There's literally nothing wrong with edgt aesthethics. As a person whose favourite color is black, I demand that it stops being associated with Coldsteel faggot characters. I can wear black and be happy, thanks.

but... why is there boruto himself, then?

its an edit

yeah, in the original chapter it's Kakashi staring throuhg the hole

>So the reason they're around in such large numbers is because this faggotry is generational? Does this mean were going to be seeing more of this type of shit in the future with different shit?

It never goes away.

When you're a kid, you don't know any better. When you become a teenager, you start to really get an understanding of what's going on. The reality that there is no Santa Clause, that you're going to die forever, that bad things happen to good people, that love doesn't last forever, that the world isn't fair, etc really starts to sink in. You're also learning more shit than ever.

But as a teen, you're still not experienced/educated/mature enough to get more context. On top of all that, your hormones are raging so you get really happy and really sad and everything in between.

As a result, many teens become edgy and cynical. They insulate themselves from the disappointments of life by acting like they don't care. Or they believe that they've found a new way of approaching things that nobody's ever considered before and that the rest of the world needs to catch up to them.

As one grows up and sees more of the world, they come to realize that you have to take the good with the bad. Their extreme mood swings also tend to go away or they find ways to deal. The edginess and cynicism and emotional responses wear off some. They also learn all the stuff they thought was super original and unique is really old or harder to implement than they thought, so they become a bit more humble and realistic in outlook.

In time, the eventually forget what it was like to be a teen at all. At this point, they look back at the generations of teens following them and get annoyed at them. They grumble abou the stupid know-it-alls with no respect for tradition/rules/classics who wear strange clothes, listen to shitty music, and have shallow moral character.

And the cycle continues.

You're always going to see this shit. It's been a part of our hobby since an 80's kid demanded to play an "anti-paladin," and it'll continue being a part of our hobby as long as it exists.

...so its generational and the millenials are awful again

Yup, I think I'll just wait a couple years. Whatever comes after the wave of poorly done Deadpool knock offs cant be that bad right?

>those hips.
Sweatingman.jpg

Thats Superboy Prime

Imagine Silver Age Superman's ridiculous power level in the hand of an agnsty teenager.

I also find it funny how Reapers over the top edge makes him one of the more unique characters.

It's not generational, unless you think teenagers only come around once a generation. New teenagers appear every single second.

You might want to stay gone. Teenagers aren't going anywhere.

>Start DMing new group 2 weeks ago
>2 girls, Stacy and Uglier Stacy
>Both play druid and wanna both have wolves
>see this post
>mfw

in my group it's always a panther or something, but yeah, chicks dig druids.

It depends on your group, but, as always, vampires drew in people with a love of trenchcoats and sunglasses.

Actual WoD wasn't that cringy, though certain books and characters that were created by certain writers were.

I only play chaotic evil assholes regardless of setting or scenario.

I say and do ridiculously edgy shit in the games.

I find that the more I do the less likely I am to seriously harm myself, possesions, my pets, or other people.

I do not believe I can stab myself in the leg again and go to the hospital without them thinking their is something wrong with me. I have already been hospitalized 7 times this year, going to different ones.

>the group girl that plays a druid with a wolf animal companion

Holy shit, this girl appeared in my current campaign, and she is off the fucking hook. I cringed a little inside when I saw her sheet... but then she was fucking brilliant, she played her character perfectly for what it was and she was 100% on the ball when it came to combat.

She and the elf wizard are absolutely making this party. The wizard is essentially completing his wizard masters degree in a non-stressful lesser race environment and the druid is like that one kid from a backwoods regressionist commune that couldn't drink the kool aid anymore and left. Can tie her laces on her own, but she can speak to da birds, and the birds know all the dankest wisdom. I love them both, they remind me about everything that was great when you first started off with TTRPG.

Why is that?
Because of the animal companion?
Now that I think about all of the girls I have played with in my life (about 6) always went with druid as their first pick

reffering to

Get psychological help.

Dont try and fix it yourself with RPGs, its a temporary solution.

...Wait a minute, I get that Ryuuko is there as a joke.

But why is Bob there?

I think it has partially to do with having a cuddly pet, and also with nature magic, and wiccans, and i'm sure lesbianism is in there somewhere...

>ITT:

Do they realize their treelover chicks have tree branches in their hair and smell like shit tho?

I can't. If anyone finds out, I'm ruined.

to be fair, most adventurers would smell like shit.

Of course, user. It was popular with goth girls in the 90's, and everyone knows how much they hated edgy, sexy things

Same reason they love dogs and/or cats irl.

Also healing magic.

I've also found Bards to be popular as well.

The abilities of Bards and Druids lends themselves to typically feminine things.

>Same reason they love dogs and/or cats irl.

And owls and ferrets and foxes and raccoons and squirrels and ponies/horses.

If you dont you're more fucked

Given what you say you can either accept you have a problem and seek out professional help, or hurt someone who will go to the police and get you arrested.

It's a power fantasy that doesn't involve being physically potent.

Druids get their power from their understanding of the natural world, their sympathy for other beings, and their connections. They're powerful in a way that isn't necessarily masculine, that is ethereal and beautiful and plays into what many women see as their own strengths.

Which is why I was so chuffed when played her druid as a scrawny, socially maladapted little weirdo that eats bugs in public and talks to boirds.

You have the feeling that you want to work out?
Also druids with wolves are complete standard choice.
Hell my first time was playing a Paladin and I asked the gm if it is possible for me to get a wolf.
Wolfes are awesome.