I need a comprehensive list of every single legendary sword on earth, and good fantasy art to go with it!

I need a comprehensive list of every single legendary sword on earth, and good fantasy art to go with it!

POST SWORDS!!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_magical_weapons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_magical_weapons

This is Tizona and Colada.
They're the OG Kebab remover weaponry.
They're not magic.

Use them while being a knight of the order of santiago for extra damage vs muslims.

Zulfiqar, it's Islamic Excalibur

Isn't Excalibur already Islamic Excalibur?

Yaeh, I meant in the sense that it's a Islamic sword that is comparable to Excalibur

Truth be told, Fate has some pretty good weapons design

Go and download Fate/Stay Night.

Fate has some pretty good designs for everything, at least when it's not being ridiculous and/or fan service.

Gae Bolg a best.
Cu a best.

----------------------
It's funny that FSN is based on some dude's homebrew ttrpg

----------------------------
It's a shame that type-moon mostly panders for the lowest denominator those days. But I guess that fanservice and waifus is what sells

Is Harpe even a sword?
I mean, FSN says so...

Kanshou and Bakuya are nice swords.

These are my favourites so far from the dump. But how the fuck do you even wield ?

Nigga, that's a fucking drill.

You're not supposed to. It travels back in time to kill the enemy before he strikes you. It wields itself.

It's the "sword' the Gods used to split earth and heaven and create the universe.
If Gilgamesh says it's a sword, who I'm to disagree?

It's a sword from before the concept of "sword" existed. And yes, it is a fucking drill. It drills reality.

>this thread

> Swords.

Excalibur and Balmung are the only ones that matter, the others are tall tales of real swords or from lesser mythologies.

This is a sword

The only thing you need is getting finally laid

Get out of you here un-virgin! Un-virgin get out!

/thread

The Greatsword of Artorias is pretty stylish, and comes in three flavors.

I just wish that the Japanese would learn about quillions.

Damn son, where can I get one of those

I thought it was a magical catalyst that taps into parallel universes in order to drain an infinite amount of magic for a magic caster.

Kinda

It doesn't look like a sword because it existed before the concept of a sword was cemented in mankind's collective memory. It's basically a proto-sword.

>earth

>3016
>Still living on Earth

That's a different thing.

You're thinking of the Jeweled Sword. Fraggle Rock is an acausual "nice finishing move faggot, too bad you were already dead". Probably Entropy or Fate 4/Time 5, if I remember my spheres correctly.

>implying Excalibur isn't just a mutation on Escalibor which is a mutation on Caliburnus which is a mutation on Caledfwlch which is a mutation on Caladbolg
IRELAND STRONK

That would be the weapon in the hand of this gentleman

It may look like a lollipop, but can destroy Rome. When swinged on Spain

I fucking hate this sword but attila so sweet

Tall flat brown girls are olev

A better view of La Pucelle

Please, don't mind the trap

You forgot his other one, which is a bunch of machetes glued to a bar.

"sword"

Can't find a good image of it.
Didn't find him in either of the Grand Order artbooks :/

Those thin sections on the crossguard and between the grip and crossguard though. The grip will snap off of that thing in no time.

Sorry, but I got banned the last time I posted a picture of muh dick

I don't get why they would steal the name of a real legendary sword then make it completely different from it's original legendary abiliies. Fragarach is an Irish sword that can force people threatened to tell thee truth and controls the wind, it literally means answerer. WTF does that have to do with time travelling Deus-ex machina bullshit? If you want to make something new go ahead, but why steal an existing name?

You just described Fate in a nutshell.

Nasu probably felt clever when he made a sword that "answers" enemy attacks by killing them before they strike.

If it's from fate it's probably made of indestructible magic junk or something.

Does Roland actually show up in any of the Fate games?

Given this is the series that has a sword made of literal hopes and dreams, you're probably right

AFAIK, no.
The only Paladin of Charlemagne that appeared so far was Astolfo.

This is the most Shirou dialogue I have ever read.

Please tell me this is actually in the manga.

impracticality is actually fitting for that sword

It belonged to Julius Ceasar, who lost it in battle. By trying to kill the enemy prince with it. He failed by getting it stuck in the dude's shield. Without a weapon ceasar proceeded to BTFO, and the prince then went and killed everyone around him with Ceasar's sword. Ceasar eventually caught up to the prince and kille him IIRC, but it still was quite embarressing

I suppose the question to ask now is why people are posting fate as fantasy sword artwork when they have no relation at all with their real world inspirations. Fragarch isn't the only one, look at freaking Crocea Mors, it's supposed to be a freaking roman short sword not some christian symbolism longsword that looks like it was made to scam a rich nobleman in the 1600's. Balmung is a fucking sword that game from a norse god, so why the fuck is there a cross on it? Etc.

of course not. One of the former (SADLY) scanlators of the Illya manga liked to post such meme worrthy edited pages.

DAMN IT

Technically that's a lance.

Oh, for somereason I was sure he was a saber

I don't recall the exact quote, I have been trying to refind it again, but Waver asked Rider(Alexander the Great) why he seemed very little like the historical documents about his appearance. IIRC the answer was due to how they are shaped not just in life but also in eath by their various deeds. Also in theory the Throne of Heroes transcends space and time, and catalogues details of heroes from many universes into one place.

I know the feel, but if it's any consolation, the offical manga was so so badass during the shirou flashback that lasted far longer then one expects a flash back to last. which is glorious

last bit meant for damnit

Another interpretation of those

Dude chill

Jesus fuck Shirou can be impossibly badass at times.

It is fantasy artwork, it might not be a good mythological artwork.

Leave it to From to make good swords

that alt universe(alt universe in an alt universe actually) shirou is pretty much the condensation of all the badass moments of Shirou in all three routes of the original VN.

I read that manga specifically because of one of these collage edits I have been posting. It was worth every second of glancing over my shoulder for the FBI to come busting in to arrest me for reading lewd loli manga.

Fuck yes.

I'm very found of Claymore and the swords in it, even if they look like they should snap.

>But I guess that fanservice and waifus is what sells
Type-moon certainly isn't popular for it's incredible writing.

You want something hot? Something REAL good for sword sluts? Open the centerfold.

I dare to say that things like Tsukihime and the original Fate are better than what Type-MOON ships those days.
Neither had great writting, but they were enjoyable. The ratio of fanservice-waifus to everything else was better,

I think the crazy universe and mechanics of the setting hooked a lot of us.

I will argue that despite that they still put out really enjoyable stories.

Fate/ Grand Order's writing is absolutely shit for most chapters, but the latest chapter Camelot is my favorite thing Nasu has written.